Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

What If Your Gf/bf Introduces You As Her/his 'friend'? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What If Your Gf/bf Introduces You As Her/his 'friend'? (10523 Views)

When Your Lover Introduces You As A Friend To His/her Friends? / Guys, Why Do You Give Money To Your Gf's All The Time? / When A Guy Introduces You To His Friends: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If Your Gf/bf Introduces You As Her/his 'friend'? by Douzy(m): 1:25pm On Jan 15, 2007
Guys/Gals: How do you feel and what do you do if your gf/bf introduces you to some of her/his friends as her/his 'friend', though she/he acts before them in a manner that may indicate that you are her/his bf/gf?
Re: What If Your Gf/bf Introduces You As Her/his 'friend'? by Flodel(f): 2:23pm On Jan 15, 2007
Thats bad even if he/she indicates that u both are having a relationship, to me it mean u are one of the waka pass"fast one"
Re: What If Your Gf/bf Introduces You As Her/his 'friend'? by Douzy(m): 2:30pm On Jan 15, 2007
I'm talking of a relationship that is about a year old and virtually everyone in his/her family knows about it (except the parents). Could it still be a case of a waka pass"fast one" or could it be that he/she is a bit afraid of serious commitment yet?
Re: What If Your Gf/bf Introduces You As Her/his 'friend'? by Ano: 5:58am On Jan 16, 2007
i'd feel terrible. i would think that the bobo isn't really that serious about us, especially if everyone knows about us except the parents?! angry how is that now?
Re: What If Your Gf/bf Introduces You As Her/his 'friend'? by iice(f): 8:02am On Jan 16, 2007
Hmmmmm, am cool with it.
Re: What If Your Gf/bf Introduces You As Her/his 'friend'? by Douzy(m): 9:32am On Jan 16, 2007
@ Ano
I feel you, but it might really not mean that the bobo isn't serious. He could be taking his time as regards introducing you to the parents (or is a year too long for that, guys?). Let's just say, in this case, none of you had really introduced yourselves to your parents, but your brothers and sisters know about the relationship. My point is, could it sometimes be a kind of slip of tongue or something for him to introduce you as his friend sometimes or a sign he may not want much commitments yet? Is it something you would likely talk about with him without feeling insecure and petty?

@ iice
Could you please just tell us why you would be cool with that (especially, if what you had in mind was a relationship with serious commitments)?
Re: What If Your Gf/bf Introduces You As Her/his 'friend'? by iice(f): 9:15pm On Jan 16, 2007
hmmmm, personally i do not like a guy to call me his gf (just one of my many quirky xteristics) it kindda gives the impression of 'ownership' which is something am not really into. However i can understand how upsetting it can be for someone who believes something and gets something else in return. I just think that if you both know and i mean truly know what each one means to the other then the 'word' doesnt matter. But that's just me
Re: What If Your Gf/bf Introduces You As Her/his 'friend'? by Douzy(m): 10:26pm On Jan 16, 2007
Ok, I think I get your point now, iice. By the way, that really doesn't sound so quirky. Anywayz, thanks for y'all for your contributions so far.
Re: What If Your Gf/bf Introduces You As Her/his 'friend'? by kellygirl(f): 9:57am On Nov 26, 2008
its all good by me.i will also introduce dat way.if dats wat he wants.
Re: What If Your Gf/bf Introduces You As Her/his 'friend'? by arramyjay: 10:06am On Nov 26, 2008
Friends we shall remain.

1 Like

Re: What If Your Gf/bf Introduces You As Her/his 'friend'? by kingsots(m): 5:59pm On Nov 26, 2008
Kini big deal
Re: What If Your Gf/bf Introduces You As Her/his 'friend'? by amaikama(m): 1:06pm On Mar 24, 2009
@kellygirl!! i like your response girl. grin just like a phrase i often use,""TREAT 'EM JUST THE WAY THEY OUGHT TO BE TREATED"" angry Nothing spoil. since my girlfriend no fit introduce me to her friends or family as her boyfriend just friends, i will lovely and comfortable introduce her as a friend even if we shag that very moment. angry

I come to really realise that such attitude is common among ladies. There was this programm that was aired on one of the radio station about guys upseting their girlfriend and they will call in to let the presenter know for them to call the girlfriend to ask for forgiveness unbehalf of the guy and when the programm got started, they called the first girl and they asked her.

presenter-Hello, am i speaking with Ruth??

Ruth-Yes this is Ruth

Presenter-Please, do you know someone by the name James ,

Ruth-Yes.

Presenter-Who is he to you??

Ruth-A friend

Presenter-What kind of friend

Ruth-(Hesistated) Just a friend.

Presenter-(Confused) Is James your boyfriend or not??

Ruth-He is.

Presenter-Then why ain't you saying it? why say he is just a friend?

Ruth-(Silent)

Presenter-(Disbelieve) Well, James call that he offended you and that he want us to call you and apologize on his behalf. Have you forgiven him?
(After the presenter might have explain all that transpired between her and her boyfriend)

Ruth-Yes, i have forgiven him.

That how the story ends people. You see how we abuse the word relationship with our immaturity? cry If you know you are not up to a task, please do not embark on it and when you are sure, in regardless of what might be the outcome of such task, accept all that goes along with it and feel proud about what you are doing. Don't ever shy away from it.
Re: What If Your Gf/bf Introduces You As Her/his 'friend'? by simplysmat(m): 4:17pm On Mar 24, 2009
Ask her why she did that then give feedback.
Re: What If Your Gf/bf Introduces You As Her/his 'friend'? by bluespice(f): 4:32pm On Mar 24, 2009
no biggie
introduce him too as a friend
its then become a joke between both of us cheesy
Re: What If Your Gf/bf Introduces You As Her/his 'friend'? by dearie(m): 6:24pm On Mar 24, 2009
So! whats the big deal?

Girlfriend/ Boyfriend, You guys are still friends, so introducing you as such is just stating the obvious, I'll just introduce her the say. Who cares anyways, so long as she doesn't act like i'm just one of her numerous friends.

Boyfriend, girlfriend, friend, are all semantics, what matters is the mind. She could as well introduce you as her boyfriend and treats you as though you were just a friend.
Re: What If Your Gf/bf Introduces You As Her/his 'friend'? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Mar 24, 2009
It all depends on the capacity wit which d term friend is defined,or perhaps redefined.If d friend means her boyFRIEND,fine;but if it means an ordinary-FRIEND,then "Ara ga gba ndi ara" ,cos i'll introduce her as my 'racket' meaning a one night stand,n trust me,that will kill her spirit
Re: What If Your Gf/bf Introduces You As Her/his 'friend'? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Mar 24, 2009
When i was single,
I used to introduce my ex by their first name.
Some didn't like it, but i luved it that way.
Re: What If Your Gf/bf Introduces You As Her/his 'friend'? by oluwafemi113(m): 8:40pm On Mar 24, 2009
well he they happen at times grin grin
Re: What If Your Gf/bf Introduces You As Her/his 'friend'? by luvbooks(f): 9:02pm On Mar 24, 2009
arramyjay:

Friends we shall remain.

WORD!!!
Re: What If Your Gf/bf Introduces You As Her/his 'friend'? by Nobody: 5:00am On Jan 08, 2011
No biggie. After all that is what I am, a GIRL and a FRIEND cheesy
Re: What If Your Gf/bf Introduces You As Her/his 'friend'? by Dsense(m): 5:02am On Jan 08, 2011
OP.
I would charge her to my bedroom for the allegation grin

(1) (Reply)

My Girlfriend's Period Is 21 Days Late, Is She Pregnant? / Wet BBNAIJA Mercy Shares Bikini Pictures, See Her Backside. PHOTOS / Father Caught Having Sex With His 17-year-old Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.