Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,042 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Trump To Ban 2-Year Visa For Nigerians - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Trump To Ban 2-Year Visa For Nigerians (87655 Views)

UAE cancels Three months tourist visa for Nigerian Passport Holders / Trump Executive Order Does Not Ban 2 Years Visa For Nigerians / Donald Trump To Ban 2-year Visa For Nigerians….igodotv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump To Ban 2-Year Visa For Nigerians by bezimo(m): 4:24pm On Jan 29, 2017
OFFICIAL336:

Are you sure you can read? I guess yes. Oya, go back and read it. Now gradually.

Why don't you go and read it, because I don't think you did.
Re: Trump To Ban 2-Year Visa For Nigerians by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 29, 2017
Mstcheeeewww....fvck America! There's still Canada, Germany, Australia and co.

Na only America dey for this world?! Rubbish! grin
Re: Trump To Ban 2-Year Visa For Nigerians by Rockyrascal(m): 4:26pm On Jan 29, 2017
DropShot:
Why has Trump exempted Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, Bahrain and Oman from his list of countries he's banning?

Only the wise can understand this.
the above countries mentioned are america's puppets.
Re: Trump To Ban 2-Year Visa For Nigerians by tonero4urch(m): 4:28pm On Jan 29, 2017
DropShot:
Why has Trump exempted Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, Bahrain and Oman from his list of countries he's banning?

They are not war-torned countries. They don't have history of persistent war.
Re: Trump To Ban 2-Year Visa For Nigerians by RonJeremy: 4:29pm On Jan 29, 2017
nwabobo:

Christians fleeing persecution are exempted. I trust you know that.
don't mind them, instead of thanking the Igbos for Nigeria not being on the list at the moment. The only reason President Trump did not include Nigeria on that list is because of his affinity with Igbos and persecuted Southern Kaduna Christians....
Re: Trump To Ban 2-Year Visa For Nigerians by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 29, 2017
Trump should add the following

1: All Nigerian Governors from the North and Middle belt from visiting the US in any capacity

2: All Politicians of Muslim extraction in and out of office

3: Extreme vetting of Muslims entering the US and special short stay visa with regional or state restrictions

4: Social media investigations of all Muslims entering the USA religious profiling.

1 Like

Re: Trump To Ban 2-Year Visa For Nigerians by EdCure: 4:33pm On Jan 29, 2017
Idrismusty97:
Seriously you guys are illiterate. If Trump is serious about the Muslim ban he should start with Saudi Arabia and Egypt, The UAE, Dubai etc. But of course he wouldn't may be because of the investments Americans have in these war torn nations.
Illiterate; ignorant; bigot are the only words you moslem boneheads use to argue with others. Yet you phalanx of Islamic riff-raffs are never seen to intelligently present your arguments with current (and historical) facts.

3 Likes

Re: Trump To Ban 2-Year Visa For Nigerians by OluDare01(m): 4:35pm On Jan 29, 2017
Lol.
Ain't going home till I finish my PhD.
I'm covered grin
Re: Trump To Ban 2-Year Visa For Nigerians by Idrismusty97(m): 4:36pm On Jan 29, 2017
EdCure:

Illiterate; ignorant; bigot are the only words you moslem boneheads use to argue with others. Yet you phalanx of Islamic riff-raffs are never seen to intelligently present your arguments with current (and historical) facts.
Well i am not a Muslim.
Re: Trump To Ban 2-Year Visa For Nigerians by toye440: 4:39pm On Jan 29, 2017
ollah1:

Why did the west destroyed their countries? The west destroyed Libya, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan et al for selfish reasons yet they banned them from coming to their country. Who's the hypocrite here?

pls tell me how d west destroyed their countries, like they invaded any of them. The west is known for technology and weapons that's their business this virgin hunters needed weapons and d west need to boost their economy. but yet the west sold only weapons meant for self defence but they used it for self destruction. pls mind u some believe money is evil but I believe its good it all depends on what u do with it, just like d weapons sold to them.
remember God would not listen to ur flimsy excuses because " they sold d idea to u but d choice was urs to make".
Re: Trump To Ban 2-Year Visa For Nigerians by princeakins(m): 4:43pm On Jan 29, 2017
ItsQuinn:

The way u used dt word fvck ehn. undecided

Trumpet is blowing people away o. grin
Re: Trump To Ban 2-Year Visa For Nigerians by gratefulalways: 4:44pm On Jan 29, 2017
The assertion below is NOT TRUE. Nigeria issues US citizens 2 years multiple visas. Furthermore the US embassy in Nigeria issues shorter validity visas e.g. 3 months to Nigerians depending on the reason for travel. Please get your facts right.

.........Nigeria currently only issues one-year multiple-entry visa to Americans, which is a non-reciprocation of the two-year visa the country issues Nigerians.......
Re: Trump To Ban 2-Year Visa For Nigerians by kpolli(m): 4:45pm On Jan 29, 2017
nwabobo:
Except the federal government takes a proactive visa policy review, Nigerians will no longer be issued with American entry visas which have two-year validity following the Executive Order signed on Friday by President Donald Trump, TheCable can report.

Also, Nigerians who hold dual nationality will be affected if their other passport is from Syria, Iraq, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia and Yemen — the seven Muslim-majority countries “of concern”.

A lot of attention has been on the temporary visa ban on citizens of the seven Muslim-majority countries, but the impact on Nigerians is far more than previously thought.

An analysis of the Executive Order by TheCable editors shows that at least two sections will affect Nigerians directly.

Nigeria currently only issues one-year multiple-entry visa to Americans, which is a non-reciprocation of the two-year visa the country issues to Nigerians.

Section 9 of the Executive Order states: “The Secretary of State shall review all nonimmigrant visa reciprocity agreements to ensure that they are, with respect to each visa classification, truly reciprocal insofar as practicable with respect to validity period and fees, as required by sections 221(c) and 281 of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1201(c) and 1351, and other treatment. If a country does not treat United States nationals seeking nonimmigrant visas in a reciprocal manner, the Secretary of State shall adjust the visa validity period, fee schedule, or other treatment to match the treatment of United States nationals by the foreign country, to the extent practicable…”

By this provision, except the federal government quickly moves to extend the validity of Nigerian visa to Americans, Nigerians too will be issued with one-year visas.

Given that the Trump order takes immediate effect, Nigerians holding valid two-year US visa are most likely going to be affected.

Nigeria is also not reciprocating the fees charged by the American government — despite shorter visa validity.

While the US charges Nigerians $160 for a typical visit visa, Nigeria charges $180, in addition to a $35 “processing fee”.

The section on dual nationality involving seven Muslim-majority countries is not expected to affect a significant number of Nigerians because a second citizenship of Syria, Iraq, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia and Yemen is not common.

Many Nigerians, including government officials, hold dual nationality with either the US or Europe.

However, Nigerians who have been to Syria, Iraq, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia and Yemen in recent times may be subjected to extra immigration control with possible deportation.

Continued:

https://www.thecable.ng/shocker-trump-ban-2-year-visa-nigerians

FAKE NEWS!!!!!!!!!

Nigeria gives minimum of 2 years visa to Americans, I know this

5 Likes

Re: Trump To Ban 2-Year Visa For Nigerians by osazsky(m): 4:52pm On Jan 29, 2017
bantudra:

its not islams fault...criminals are everywere...because of some you put tag islam as evil..

what about selling drugs?..baby factorie...??..kidnaping...??
isnt that sometyp of terrorism too??...

they are targeting you,not only islam...
But the Bible does not support act of kidnapping and baby factories unlike quoran dat does support terrorism
Re: Trump To Ban 2-Year Visa For Nigerians by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 29, 2017
toye440:

pls tell me how d west destroyed their countries, like they invaded any of them. The west is known for technology and weapons that's their business this virgin hunters needed weapons and d west need to boost their economy. but yet the west sold only weapons meant for self defence but they used it for self destruction. pls mind u some believe money is evil but I believe its good it all depends on what u do with it, just like d weapons sold to them.
remember God would not listen to ur flimsy excuses because " they sold d idea to u but d choice was urs to make".

Lol. You should be disappointed at yourself for writing this balderdash.

What happened to Gaddafi in Libya?
What happened to Sadam Hussein in Iraq?
What happening in Syria presently because of Assad?

How was the countries thriving prior to the arrival of the west?

Answer these questions on a post card

Re: Trump To Ban 2-Year Visa For Nigerians by Ningi2020(m): 4:54pm On Jan 29, 2017
lovat:
Muslims are now going the Dinasoaur and Orangutan route and you are busy screaming IPOB

Oh u forget dat countries like Saudi Arabia, Bahrain,Egypt,Kuwait etc re exempted and u re hear quoting someone because he said Ipods
Re: Trump To Ban 2-Year Visa For Nigerians by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 29, 2017
LaEvilIMiss:
Trump should add the following

1: All Nigerian Governors from the North and Middle belt from visiting the US in any capacity

2: All Politicians of Muslim extraction in and out of office

3: Extreme vetting of Muslims entering the US and special short stay visa with regional or state restrictions

4: Social media investigations of all Muslims entering the USA religious profiling.

You can tweet it to him.

Re: Trump To Ban 2-Year Visa For Nigerians by wozup: 4:56pm On Jan 29, 2017
osazsky:

But the Bible does not support act of kidnapping and baby factories unlike quoran dat does support terrorism
May Allah forgive you... Ameen... Where did u see it in Quran that act of terrorism was supported.

1 Like

Re: Trump To Ban 2-Year Visa For Nigerians by osazsky(m): 5:00pm On Jan 29, 2017
ItsQuinn:

I pity Germany for allowing Muslim refugees into their country. Watch out of wat Germany would become in 2yrs time. These Muslim only know violence and claim territory dats not there wen given slight opportunity. They will give birth to many children and den start to propagate to different parts in Germany. Before u say anything den it will b too late. I just petty for those countries you mentioned

1 Like

Re: Trump To Ban 2-Year Visa For Nigerians by Edoblakky(m): 5:05pm On Jan 29, 2017
I am yet to understand when Nigeria started giving one year non immigrant visas to Americans. My wife had my daughter last year April in Dallas and by June of the same last year, I processed a Nigerian visa for her to travel home and they gave her 2 years. Please, can anyone confirm that Nigeria now gives Americans 1 year non immigrant visas.

1 Like

Re: Trump To Ban 2-Year Visa For Nigerians by bishop47: 5:07pm On Jan 29, 2017
Coz. Our Case is always Different[/color]
Re: Trump To Ban 2-Year Visa For Nigerians by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jan 29, 2017
DropShot:

I take it that they are the rich Arab countries with significant investments in US.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump To Ban 2-Year Visa For Nigerians by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 29, 2017
osazsky:

I pity Germany for allowing Muslim refugees into their country. Watch out of wat Germany would become in 2yrs time. These Muslim only know violence and claim territory dats not there wen given slight opportunity. They will give birth to many children and den start to propagate to different parts in Germany. Before u say anything den it will b too late. I just petty for those countries you mentioned
Fact. They might curse the memory of their chancellor in time to come.
Re: Trump To Ban 2-Year Visa For Nigerians by lepasharon(f): 5:14pm On Jan 29, 2017
This trump is going ham! embarassed
Re: Trump To Ban 2-Year Visa For Nigerians by Amaaf(m): 5:24pm On Jan 29, 2017
DropShot:

Because he has businesses in those countries
Re: Trump To Ban 2-Year Visa For Nigerians by RooRuudRonSaha(m): 5:30pm On Jan 29, 2017
Ecosystem4u:
This world would have been a peaceful place if this MOHAMMED OF A COWARD never existed.
the world would have been so nice if your father hadnt impregnated a man woman.

2 Likes

Re: Trump To Ban 2-Year Visa For Nigerians by boiz2men(m): 5:31pm On Jan 29, 2017
DropShot:

Bros those countries are the pillars of Islam. They hold so much power in Islam. You would never hear a terrorist attack in those countries.

Why do you think boko haram never visited sokoto.

Sokoto is a pillar of Islam in Nigeria
Re: Trump To Ban 2-Year Visa For Nigerians by galadima77(m): 5:51pm On Jan 29, 2017
lovat:
Muslims are in trouble everywhere

Why are Muslims fighting to get to the Land they called the Great Satan undecided

Our problem today is not any other thing but radical islam

U mean radical muslims
Re: Trump To Ban 2-Year Visa For Nigerians by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 29, 2017
What's wrong with the word?

Imaginary trumpet?
princeakins:

The way u used dt word fvck ehn. undecided

Trumpet is blowing people away o. grin
Re: Trump To Ban 2-Year Visa For Nigerians by Cmeo(m): 5:57pm On Jan 29, 2017
7lives:

Na true, wake me up when Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Emirates and Egypt are also ban from American visa.
Mr America, why did America exclude Nigerians from participating in DV lottery.

America excluded Nigeria because, Nigeria nationals that got permanent residence in the last years has exceeded 50k. Any country who has exceeded 50k within a period of 5 years or thereabout will be excluded.

Chai, disease could be better than ignorance o.
Re: Trump To Ban 2-Year Visa For Nigerians by lovat(m): 6:00pm On Jan 29, 2017
galadima77:

U mean radical muslims
Yes
Re: Trump To Ban 2-Year Visa For Nigerians by Usmaniaaa: 6:00pm On Jan 29, 2017
lovat:
Muslims are in trouble everywhere

Why are Muslims fighting to get to the Land they called the Great Satan undecided

Our problem today is not any other thing but radical islam
must u display ur foolishness publicly..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

‘Di Asa’ Winner, PM, kicked off Emirates flight to Dubai for being too Fat / Coronavirus: Apply For Work Visas - USA Begs Medical Professionals Everywhere / Motorcyclist Carrying Man With Gallons Of Fuel (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.