Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,804 members, 7,827,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Love Or Infactuation - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love Or Infactuation (1573 Views)

Is Infactuation Same As Love? / Love And Infactuation / Can You Differentiate Between Love And Infactuation ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Or Infactuation by chudy(m): 4:13pm On Jan 15, 2007
[color=#006600][/color] undecided hi its me again with another love story. love or infactuation! you know i have been wondering wat this two is really about., is love infactuation? or is infactuation love? so many people confuse these two things together. take for example in my final year in the college i dated three chics, ask me why, because i thought , i really love them but only for the likings i have for them to deteriorate after sometime and you know it was already to late as i hv already browsed her (u knw wat i mean ). so pls tell me how do you differentiat e between love and infactuation
Re: Love Or Infactuation by caffinehi(m): 3:18am On Jan 16, 2007
Infactuation is a feeling. Love is a philosophy. If you find yourself wanting to make someone happy because of some reason like "she's a good person and deserves nice things" and not because "she gives me a boner", then you probably love her. Dude, you love your immediate family in the same way you can love a woman. The concept doesn't change just because you can have sex with her. That's just an added bonus in a sexual relationship. Good lord. I am giving advice and I have zero experience. Screw what I think.
Re: Love Or Infactuation by kobe(m): 7:50am On Jan 16, 2007
the word is [b]infat[/b]uation. @topic
Re: Love Or Infactuation by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 18, 2008
I have also been grappling with this subject!! I asked my mom because her and my dad have been married for 25 years and they have a good relationship. Every since I was in my teens I have always hoped that the relationship I have with my husband (when I am married) would be like that of my parents.

The way my mom explained the difference was infatuation is when u just know a little bit about a person and you like it and want them to be something so you fill in the blanks with what u want them to be. Whereas love is where you see the person for who they really are and you accept that and are happy because you want them to be themselves.

I hope that makes sense and is not more confusing!!!
Re: Love Or Infactuation by darf(m): 2:37am On Jan 19, 2008
Nice one Kattrina,ur mum must be rite.
Re: Love Or Infactuation by metro(m): 10:35am On Jan 19, 2008
kobe:

the word is [b]infat[/b]uation. @topic
contribute not correct afterall u know wut he meant

kattrina:

I have also been grappling with this subject!! I asked my mom because her and my dad have been married for 25 years and they have a good relationship. Every since I was in my teens I have always hoped that the relationship I have with my husband (when I am married) would be like that of my parents.

The way my mom explained the difference was infatuation is when u just know a little bit about a person and you like it and want them to be something so you fill in the blanks with what u want them to be. Whereas love is where you see the person for who they really are and you accept that and are happy because you want them to be themselves.

[/qu

nice one from a from
Re: Love Or Infactuation by kobe(m): 10:41am On Jan 19, 2008
metro:

contribute not correct afterall u know what he meant

the correction is still a valid form of contribution.
Re: Love Or Infactuation by berrye(f): 11:54am On Jan 19, 2008
kattrina:

I have 'fallen in love' with three guys in my lifetime already. I have this one and I am so scared that I may fall out of love with him soon because I am not sure if it's love or infatuation. Someone please tell me it's love this time!
Re: Love Or Infactuation by kobe(m): 8:23am On Jan 20, 2008
berrye:

I have 'fallen in love' with three guys in my lifetime already. I have this one and I am so scared that I may fall out of love with him soon because I am not sure if it's love or infatuation. Someone please tell me it's love this time!

Why are you so scared to fall out of love this time around?  You said it's happend to you thrice before.  I can't imagine it would be any different from your experience before.

katrina, maybe you're a sucker for romance, and it causes your mind to think you're in love lipsrsealed
Re: Love Or Infactuation by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 20, 2008
@kobe~ I am a sucker for romance, but I am aware of that. Plus I think the remark you directed at me was meant for berrye.

@topic~ I did a google search for more information and there are a couple good sites. I think. I am still grappling with my feelings.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Love+or+infatuation
Re: Love Or Infactuation by kobe(m): 11:17am On Jan 20, 2008
it was for berry, my bad katrina.
Re: Love Or Infactuation by Nobody: 11:23am On Jan 20, 2008
No worries kobe. I was just checking cuz it confused me, of course it does not take much to confuse me. LOL grin tongue

(1) (Reply)

Can She Still Come Back / Why Does Nice People Get Hurt! / How Do You Handle An Abusive And Easily Angered Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.