Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,041 members, 7,956,880 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:20 PM

Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th (80238 Views)

I'll Go House To House To Chase People Out For February 5th Protest' - Man Vows / National Protest: Organizers Release Timetable For February 5th Protest / Planned Nationwide Protest, Who Are The Conveners? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th by Dinobi77: 6:30pm On Jan 31, 2017
I have lost every respect I had for Femi Adeshina. The country has gone from bad to worse under this govt, u re still talking about those who pained cos they lost election, what a f**list response.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th by ezeagu(m): 6:31pm On Jan 31, 2017
Well, hopefully they don't start gunning you protesters down like in a particular section of the country.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th by chairmanchairmam: 6:32pm On Jan 31, 2017
ddippset:
Not really a palatable response from the presidency but he isn't far from the truth. There are of course people who are genuinely aggrieved by the situation of the country. Then you have the majority of them who are actually still in election mode. The same things they are saying about Buhari and the APC today is what they started saying even before Buhari was sworn in. They started saying those things the very day Buhari won the election, said them the day he got sworn in, said them 1 month, 6 months, 1 year into his tenure and are saying the same things today. That is the fact. 80 percent of those wailing are still on election mode. much love to the genuine wailing 20 percent.
ddippset:
Not really a palatable response from the presidency but he isn't far from the truth. There are of course people who are genuinely aggrieved by the situation of the country. Then you have the majority of them who are actually still in election mode. The same things they are saying about Buhari and the APC today is what they started saying even before Buhari was sworn in. They started saying those things the very day Buhari won the election, said them the day he got sworn in, said them 1 month, 6 months, 1 year into his tenure and are saying the same things today. That is the fact. 80 percent of those wailing are still on election mode. much love to the genuine wailing 20 percent.
ddippset:
bros, why are the "genuine" 20% wailing?

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th by bezimo(m): 6:34pm On Jan 31, 2017
The response isn't well thought-out and very typical of the lying liars Islamic useless government, I expected a more robust response indicating the acknowledgement of the way things have retrogressed and that, government understands the frustration of Nigerians as a result and that they are working relentlessly to make things better.

Instead, he is referring to an election that many folks have since regretted their unfortunate choice to help bring in the calamity called Buhari, that even his wife acknowledges that things are falling apart and that should it continue she won't vote for him in 2019, but it seems some folks popularly refererred to as "zombies" have resorted to remain in an irrecoverable and permanent daftness mode.Oh God, how did we get here!!
How did dollar reach 500.Were we sleeping?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th by LordOfNaira: 6:35pm On Jan 31, 2017
The protest will have no effects. Femi needs not worry.

Long Live President Muhammadu Buhari!!!

Long Live the Federal Republic of Nigeria!!!
Re: Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th by kingkuntaval: 6:35pm On Jan 31, 2017
So we should sit on our hands right?

Agimor:
I said it before the proposed one day protest will likely not effect any changes.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th by pavy(m): 6:35pm On Jan 31, 2017
This is exactly the problem with Nigeria. The protest is about the deteriorating economy, about poverty, unemployment, tribalism and partial genocide, partiality and blatant abuse of federal xter principle..., I could go on with a thousand things wrong with Nigeria which this current govt promised, but have failed to fix.

Why make this about PDP vs APC? A nationwide protest about the removal of fuel subsidy was organized against GEJ led administration in 2012.

Mr Adesina, please address the issues at stake and stop digressing...Nigerians are smarter than that. Tell us what the govt plans to do to take us out of this diplorable state we are in right now, and stop trying to draw sympathy.

6 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th by Odogwu042(m): 6:36pm On Jan 31, 2017
nlsmd:

So the likes of Davido and Olamide supported the last government? undecided
Is Femi Adesina competing with Lai Mohammed or something undecided

What do you expect...birds of same feather

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th by Rilwayne001: 6:38pm On Jan 31, 2017
Fear done catch them.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th by rose54321: 6:38pm On Jan 31, 2017
Very absurd statement.

Gosh, these people keep raising the bar of stupidity. Today we might think we've heard the stupidest comments yet, but they keep beating the record daily.

So the protest is now an "opposition thing". I would have expected any reasonable government to either be quiet or send a representative to hear the reasons behind the protests.

Not respond like an adamu.

5 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th by Odingo1: 6:38pm On Jan 31, 2017
[/b]His statement is very unfortunate[b] and a slap on the face of millions of Nigerians that goes to bed without food.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th by CXLVII: 6:39pm On Jan 31, 2017
#IStandWithBuhari

A collateral damage over the years cannot be rectified in 2 years. The present administration needs time and support of Nigerians.

#IWouldNotGoSunbathingOnSunday

Not littering the street without knowing the root cause of our predicaments and try to profer solutions.

Everybody has a right to freedom which can be expressed on Sunday.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th by Combus: 6:39pm On Jan 31, 2017
This APC supporter do not think before they talk, they talk before they think. What kind of diatribe is he blowing? APC is a sinking ship. Woo to their supporters

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th by chairmanchairmam: 6:40pm On Jan 31, 2017
guywitzerogal:
Femi is an Afonja.....don't expect any senseable talk from a political Afonja
guywitzerogal:
guywitzerogal:
why must every single thing turn to afonja and opob?
Re: Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 31, 2017
I support the right of every Nigerian to protest.
I also support the right of every Nigerian to think.
What economy did PMB destroy? Yes the exchange has plummeted but why? Does Nigeria produce anything other than oil? Who consumes the imports that drain the reserves at one time by $1bn per week?

The truth is that the old economy is never coming back. The economy where luxury houses were springing up in the midst of suffering. An economy where positioning or twerking was more important than being intelligent. Where stolen largesse created easy money addicts.

A country that produces almost nothing but insists on the best wines, shoes and bags.

So by all means, go and protest. It is your right. When you are done, sit down and see where you fit into the new economic realities.

Because if you don't, you will wake up and find your decade has come and gone.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th by SNIPER123: 6:41pm On Jan 31, 2017
We no go gree shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Sniper is back cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th by Jesusloveyou: 6:41pm On Jan 31, 2017
SweetJoystick:
Rubbish talk, me I campaigned, even donated for Buhari campaign fund....i am tired of this government. Buhari fall hand big time
because you are lazy, go and work, no more free money for lazy people.
we need more people in the farm in order to reduce importation of virtually everything, in order to reduce the value of dollars.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th by CXLVII: 6:43pm On Jan 31, 2017
Rilwayne001:
Fear done catch them.

What fear, A protest that can't last 12Hours and by Monday morning, everything goes back to normal.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th by shammah1(m): 6:43pm On Jan 31, 2017
Dearie, I don't even know what to say again.
ellechrystal:
This is highly insensitive of him. Very silly man with a mentality so low, I mean his mentality is below sea level.
How can he say this trash?
I don't blame him, I blame d zombies who sold us out to this intensive herds of cattle.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th by nbright: 6:43pm On Jan 31, 2017
SweetJoystick:
Rubbish talk, me I campaigned, even donated for Buhari campaign fund....i am tired of this government. Buhari fall hand big time

One of the mumu's

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th by AndreB: 6:43pm On Jan 31, 2017
This spokesman makes the presidency look crude and undiplomatic,

7 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 31, 2017
"Yoruba has a saying that if you all sleep and put your head in the same direction, then you are all foolish because you would be breathing in one another's mouth and lungs."

What kind of proverb is this? That can't be possible except when people's faces and heads are in opposite direction...face me I face you...

Anyway in my tribe, everyone sleep in their bedrooms, on their king size beds. We twist and turn on our maracana bed anyhow we want.

We are not like Afonja people that sleep 20 in a room on a tattered mat, snoring Afonja music and alto, cursing in their trade mark manner and swearing in their dreams, spitting, coughing and sneezing in each other's faces.

5 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th by Odingo1: 6:47pm On Jan 31, 2017
CXLVII:
#IStandWithBuhari

A collateral damage over the years cannot be rectified in 2 years. The present administration needs time and support of Nigerians.

#IWouldNotGoSunbathingOnSunday

Not littering the street without knowing the root cause of our predicaments and try to profer solutions.

Everybody has a right to freedom which can be expressed on Sunday.

[/b]Which collateral damage are you talking about[b], if Nigerians where not suffering much at the hand of PDP last 2years and APC came to power and suddenly their suffering quadrupled,it show that APC is clueless, [/b]let them return Nigeria where it was last 2 years before they came to power[b].Nonsense.

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th by edebemba(m): 6:47pm On Jan 31, 2017
SweetJoystick:
Femi Adesina is clearly insensitive to the plights of Nigerians. In 1933, Adolf Hitler said that 'If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it is believed.' But Nigerians won't believe this rubbish talk from Mr Adesina.

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th by guywitzerogal(m): 6:47pm On Jan 31, 2017
chairmanchairmam:
[color=#006600][/color]
why must every single thing turn to afonja and opob?
because Afonja are full of deceit and Ipob wan to leave people of deceit.....is that clear

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th by CXLVII: 6:47pm On Jan 31, 2017
Agimor:
I said it before the proposed one day protest will likely not effect any changes.

They just wanna go tan underneath a scorching sun.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th by justy15: 6:48pm On Jan 31, 2017
the presidency is also yet to come out of election mode because they have continued to blame their woes on the past administration. I think this APC led govt didn't know what it takes to be in opposition n being the government in power. femi is vomiting trash

7 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th by bragxz(m): 6:49pm On Jan 31, 2017
Uncle Femi, you don't have a problem Sir, whatever u said is right Sir. You are very correct sir bt Abati, Maku and Co did better than you..
It's a good thing tha Nigerians can spell black/white..
Last short: we ar in 2017, 2019 is not far anymore.. Nigeria ll show APC pepper in 2019.. Baba should respect his age and resign joor.

8 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th by calberian: 6:50pm On Jan 31, 2017
ddippset:

Go and bury your head in shame because you have failed this generation (if you are of this generation, to start with).

GEJ and his cronies raped the Nigerian treasury with complete impunity. They watered and manured the seeds sown by the preceding governments. They would most probably have continued in their jamboree till date if the election results were different.

However, that's history and today, Nigerians, regardless of where they lie on this your 80%/20% election-sentiment line are generally living a lower quality of life as compared to May 28, 2015.

Are you saying that the PMB government hasn't performed badly enough to draw the polity's ire?

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th by Icon79(m): 6:50pm On Jan 31, 2017
NEHLIVE:
Hmm, It is well

HERE IS 2FACE'S RESPONSE>> http://www.newseveryhour.com/2017/01/wewillprotest-2face-addresses-protest.html

And when did 2Face became a political activist? He should SHUT UP and sing, jare!

Wetin 2Face sabi sef?? shocked
Re: Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th by IYANGBALI: 6:50pm On Jan 31, 2017
To slap brother Femi and lala just dey hungry me

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th by CXLVII: 6:50pm On Jan 31, 2017
guywitzerogal:
because Afonja are full of deceit and Ipob wan to leave people of deceit.....is that clear

You want to leave people of deceit and you keep importing yourselves into the west like frozen foods.

Say something else please, if you re serious about leaving, evacuate Nigeria first and see if u wont be able to spell "HUNGER" in 100 different languages.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Alamieyeseigha’s Tomb In Amassoma (Photos) - Sony Neme / "Stay At Home If You Won’t Vote APC" – MC Oluomo Warns Igbos In Lagos State / Osun Election: PDP Statement On Osogbo Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.