Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,385 members, 7,812,135 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:49 AM

Between Music And Football Which One Is A Better Career - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Between Music And Football Which One Is A Better Career (13667 Views)

Between Music And Furthering My Education Which One Should I Choose? / Please Help Me Choose A Better Career Opportunity / Build A Better Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Music And Football Which One Is A Better Career by paulo220(m): 7:27am On Feb 03, 2017
go for football,music later. But football will be more profitable for u now than music. thank u
Re: Between Music And Football Which One Is A Better Career by Hades2016(m): 7:27am On Feb 03, 2017
My brother na football sure pass , try your best to travel out somewhere in Europe and you gonna make it but remember to put God first sha
Re: Between Music And Football Which One Is A Better Career by NetBizguy: 7:33am On Feb 03, 2017
DIKEnaWAR:
Football biko!

Imagine me warming a bench for £50,000 a week? Na to dey invest dey wait when them go offload me so I will go and enjoy my money in peace.

What if your career ends up like Blackface own?

Black face stopped singing that's why you're not hearing from him not that the market is not there for him..
Re: Between Music And Football Which One Is A Better Career by Tobium1(m): 7:37am On Feb 03, 2017
Dis is de same scenario Psquare had back then
Re: Between Music And Football Which One Is A Better Career by mufc009(m): 7:41am On Feb 03, 2017
Go to school and study hard. You can always fall back on any of the two. wink wink wink
Re: Between Music And Football Which One Is A Better Career by cameroncucumber(m): 7:46am On Feb 03, 2017
Hackportal:
am also a talented footballer...! please i need connection who will help me out?

whats app number 08103477983 Facebook http://facebook.com/igwemmac

pls how were u able to provide d link of ur fb page on nl
Re: Between Music And Football Which One Is A Better Career by Bamilajunior(m): 7:49am On Feb 03, 2017
the greatest mistake u can ever make is choosing a career bcus of the money earned when it comes to talents. i'll advise u to make money first b4 considerin football at all, speakin from experience. gone are d days were players were picked on thd streets, these days its all about money. i dropped football to focus on sch, music, and hustle so i can raise money to get myself a trial in europe later on. cause u can make it as a musician very easy in naija if ur talented, but football, u will grow white beards on the pitch if u don't av money
Re: Between Music And Football Which One Is A Better Career by Nobody: 7:51am On Feb 03, 2017
llloool

omo if you enter 2nd division in UK your a big man in Nigeria

cant say same about music
Re: Between Music And Football Which One Is A Better Career by Bamilajunior(m): 7:54am On Feb 03, 2017
cameroncucumber:

pls how were u able to provide d link of ur fb page on nl

every fb user has a username, not ur display name, u can find it on ur profile while browsing with opera mini cus fb app hardly show it. just type facebook.com/(your-username).
Simple as that
Re: Between Music And Football Which One Is A Better Career by TeamSimple(m): 7:54am On Feb 03, 2017
OP have you heard of China League?
Re: Between Music And Football Which One Is A Better Career by Bamilajunior(m): 8:03am On Feb 03, 2017
why are people even sayin football is more profitable? Dr Dre is worth more than 1billion dollars, Jay Z is worth over 600 million dollars, n d richest fb is Ronaldo with just 500 million.

Music is even lenient, you cant drink, smoke or bang as u like as a footballer. you must take fitness as a second job. n as for music, just blow, u dont av to struggle for song anymore, just sing rubbish afterwards, u will sell, e.g lil kesh.
as for fb, u must be forever consistent
Re: Between Music And Football Which One Is A Better Career by Ugosample(m): 8:14am On Feb 03, 2017
Gambitt007:
Abandon the two and go and hawk gala and lacasera in the go-slow.
angry

mtcheeww, see stupid question early in da morning

You are the stupid person here.

If you had nothing sensible to say, you should have just walked away, instead of typing senselessly
Re: Between Music And Football Which One Is A Better Career by blossomnet1: 8:15am On Feb 03, 2017
If you have connections for both.. Go for football.
Re: Between Music And Football Which One Is A Better Career by Omudia11: 8:15am On Feb 03, 2017
Stop dwelling on the past. Football of today pays much more than Music. No musician earns as much as Ronaldo or Tevez will earn in a year. Ronaldo and Tevez are set to become billionaires soon. No musician is a billionaire.
Adonis7:

OP, are you going into them because of money or coz of passion??

You see ehn, both Will consume most of your valuable time (If you wanna excel)

You gotta shelve one for the other.

Looking at it from a financial angle,

The richest footballer has a net worth of about $230m
http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/the-top-5-wealthiest-soccer-players-on-the-planet.html/?a=viewall

This figure however falls on #29 on the list of richest musicians
http://www.therichest.com/top-lists/top-100-richest-musicians/

Also, the disparity between musicians isn't as much as that between footballers.

Well, I advice you to forget money for now and just focus on which exactly makes you more happy

There's nothing like getting paid while doing your hobby cheesy

Ask Linda Ikeji.

#Adonis7HasSpoken
Re: Between Music And Football Which One Is A Better Career by Adonis7: 8:19am On Feb 03, 2017
Omudia11:
Stop dwelling on the past. Football of today pays much more than Music. No musician earns as much as Ronaldo or Tevez will earn in a year. Ronaldo and Tevez are set to become billionaires soon. No musician is a billionaire.

Lol... Ronaldo, Tevez

Talk another one

An average footballer is not worth as much as an average musician

Abeggi... Na actors own bad pass

Dem dey get money pass footballers by far

#Adonis7HasSpoken
Re: Between Music And Football Which One Is A Better Career by Gambitt007(m): 8:20am On Feb 03, 2017
Ugosample:

You are the stupid person here.

If you had nothing sensible to say, you should have just walked away, instead of typing senselessly

hey boi......what's the meaning of this arrant nonsense..............get out of here and go play with sand..............and for your info, don't quote me again.

#Nincompoop#
Re: Between Music And Football Which One Is A Better Career by blossomnet1: 8:22am On Feb 03, 2017
Bamilajunior:
why are people even sayin football is more profitable? Dr Dre is worth more than 1billion dollars, Jay Z is worth over 600 million dollars, n d richest fb is Ronaldo with just 500 million.

Music is even lenient, you cant drink, smoke or bang as u like as a footballer. you must take fitness as a second job. n as for music, just blow, u dont av to struggle for song anymore, just sing rubbish afterwards, u will sell, e.g lil kesh.
I laugh you in Spanish... Kikikikishiiiikukukuku
This networth trash I wonder who put the info there..football is more lucrative..
Re: Between Music And Football Which One Is A Better Career by Leovido(m): 8:23am On Feb 03, 2017
With football, you get easily famous. Though coach issues, injuries and lotta other stuffs can send your career into oblivion.
Though you easily earn more money than people that did money rituals.

The same is possible with music (in monetary terms) but not yet in the Nigerian music industry. With a career in music in Nigeria, you can be fully in control of your career, which means less stress, and there's no one to boss you around.

Pardon me for not going into details but me being a rapper, I tend to favour music over football. It's not as if I'm a poor football player, I'm like Canavaro, BUT music allows you to be free more than football will. And freedom is a major key
Re: Between Music And Football Which One Is A Better Career by Ugosample(m): 8:31am On Feb 03, 2017
Gambitt007:

hey boi......what's the meaning of this arrant nonsense..............get out of here and go play with sand..............and for your info, don't quote me again.

#Nincompoop#

Who are you referring to as "boi"?

Just go and look for what to eat, because hunger is messing with your brain

*hungry mofo*
Re: Between Music And Football Which One Is A Better Career by Ugosample(m): 8:42am On Feb 03, 2017
blossomnet1:

I laugh you in Spanish... Kikikikishiiiikukukuku
This networth trash I wonder who put the info there..football is more lucrative..

Oga the person you quoted is right.....

The richest artistes are richer than the richest footballers.

It's a shock to you, but that is how it is.

Which footballer is richer than P Diddy?
or Dre?

Abeggi
Re: Between Music And Football Which One Is A Better Career by Gambitt007(m): 8:44am On Feb 03, 2017
Ugosample:

Who are you referring to as "boi"?
Just go and look for what to eat, because hunger is messing with your brain
*hungry mofo*
I don't have time to exchange words with you boy , I gat better things to do.
I will leave you alone to bask in your stupidity.
bye
Re: Between Music And Football Which One Is A Better Career by blossomnet1: 8:49am On Feb 03, 2017
Ugosample:

Sir Abegi Mikel and Wizkid who has money pass..
You can't compare Kelechi with davido sef.
You all are deceive by networth which is the work of a blogger..
Talking of p Diddy can he feed his country talkless of feeding 3 country that cr7 is feeding.
Take this argument out of nairaland to your friends they will tell you hwfa.
or Dre?

Abeggi
Re: Between Music And Football Which One Is A Better Career by blossomnet1: 8:51am On Feb 03, 2017
Ugosample:

or Dre?

Abeggi

Talking of p Diddy can he feed his country talkless of feeding 3 country that cr7 is feeding.

1 Like

Re: Between Music And Football Which One Is A Better Career by Ugosample(m): 8:56am On Feb 03, 2017
blossomnet1:

You are obviously ignorant of certain facts...

P Diddy= $700m plus

Ronaldo = less than $300 m

So what are you talking about?

This figures can be checked at Forbes website

Gosh I can't believe I just did this *sigh*
Re: Between Music And Football Which One Is A Better Career by Ugosample(m): 8:57am On Feb 03, 2017
Bamilajunior:

Ronaldo no even reach that 500m sef
Re: Between Music And Football Which One Is A Better Career by sfinkzslot(m): 9:07am On Feb 03, 2017
well me I never her of musician wey get career ending injury, so u name my choice

Re: Between Music And Football Which One Is A Better Career by axeman10(m): 9:08am On Feb 03, 2017
Saveasoul:

am a talented rapper and also a talent footballer and I have passion for both pls help pals I don't know which that will be a better careers

Either way, the girls will flock after you!

Why not enjoy both worlds if you can.

One the lifespan of a footballer barring injuries is probably 10years. While a musician can remain relevant for more or less depending on how you churn out what people want. Go with your heart kiddo.
Re: Between Music And Football Which One Is A Better Career by cooljoe(m): 9:13am On Feb 03, 2017
football is a short career nd t can't wait, music can. u can retire by 34-35 in football, start music den nd do t tee d end of thyne days. ceterius paribus of cauz
Re: Between Music And Football Which One Is A Better Career by BerryAnny(m): 9:18am On Feb 03, 2017
Go 4 music,itz independent and self employed. Though football pays much more dan music buh musicians enjoy life and are more free dan footballers. For example,see how Wayne Rooney was sanctioned 4 drinking alcohol,Wilshere 2 miss many matches 4 smoking buh can anybody question Burna Boy or Wiz Khalifah 4 smoking dia weed or can anybody sanction Wizkid 4 drinking alcohol? In Music,u can be ur own BOSS buh u kant attain daht feat in football unless u own a football club which iz awt of ur reach atlist 4 naw.
Re: Between Music And Football Which One Is A Better Career by blessedvisky(m): 10:05am On Feb 03, 2017
hyfr:
Please ask officialaronsamuel dude makes 75 million per week even though most Nigerians don't know him.
What does he do
Re: Between Music And Football Which One Is A Better Career by SmartyPants(m): 10:31am On Feb 03, 2017
Adonis7:

Lol... Ronaldo, Tevez

Talk another one

An average footballer is not worth as much as an average musician

Abeggi... Na actors own bad pass

Dem dey get money pass footballers by far

#Adonis7HasSpoken

Wrong analysis. What you need to do is compare Nigerian musicians with Nigerian footballers to create a more realistic and accurate picture since the OP is Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Between Music And Football Which One Is A Better Career by hyfr(m): 10:37am On Feb 03, 2017
blessedvisky:

What does he do
foot baller for CSKA Moscow

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Technician Electrocuted At The Lagos House Of Assembly / Kwara Hotel Staff Shutdown Hotel Due To Unpaid Salary Arrears / Which I.T. Career Is The Best, Most Lucrative And Most Profitable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.