Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,485 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? (41134 Views)

Lagos Police Rescinds Ban Decision, To Provide Security For Feb 6th Protest / BBC, CNN And Aljazera To Cover February 6th Protest / Akwa Ibom State Stands With Tuface For February 6th Protest. (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by francisbiz: 9:39pm On Feb 03, 2017
Ahmadgani:
I am not impressed with the way this country is been adminitered of late. However, this intended protest will not and cannot solve the problems, in fact it will compound more problems.
And "THE MAN DIED" (Wole Soyinka)
Then die in silence!
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by leisuretym: 9:41pm On Feb 03, 2017
#istandwithhiscorpes#
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by oglalasioux(m): 9:43pm On Feb 03, 2017
We always have reason to fear:

I no wan die
I no wan quench
Papa dey for house
Mama dey for house
Haaaa

So policeman go slap your face you no go talk
Army man go whip your nyansh you go dey look like donkey
Rhodesia dey do their own our leaders dey yab for nothing
South Africa dey do their own

They leave sorrows tears and blood
Them regular trade mark...

Prophet Fela Kuti.

2 Likes

Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by hourl: 9:44pm On Feb 03, 2017
Anybody that's close to 2face should help me warn the guy, he's a public figure nd I'm not sure he can control the population he's pulling. Moreso this is Nigeria, I have feelings that FG will organise hoodlums to hijack the process nd all they need is to burn some buildings and cars... and 2face will be nailed. #ISTANDWITHNIGERIA
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by Abudu2000(m): 9:44pm On Feb 03, 2017
dvee2:

No government,I repeat no government in the world have ever turn around the economy of a battered country like Nigeria in 2 years. It took Obama close to four years to turn around America s economy after recession.
Nigerias economy depends solely over 70% on crude oil export, the price of crude has crashed from average $100 to average $40 dollars in the two years this government is in power. Not forgetting that daily export has also plummet thanks to the militant blowing up pipelines. Under this condition only diversification can help the economy and this takes time. Therefore,protest from now till next year, 15 years of misrule can never be remedied in 2 days.
lol, tell a lie long enough and you would believe it to be true.
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by dvee2: 9:46pm On Feb 03, 2017
Abudu2000:
lol, tell a lie long enough and you would believe it to be true.

Counter with fact, not just lie .
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by ehonda(m): 9:46pm On Feb 03, 2017
Personally, i ll advise the house to postpone this protest because controlling people is not easy when u start the protest its easy but when people started acting you wont be able to stop it and d spiral effect can lead to lots of distruction of life and property except if you will work with the enforcement units to protect lives and property but the way forward is to have advocate for good government and transperency which can question the authority with dialogue and feed the nation with government objectives and showcase those performing officers by rewarding them while others that are yet to perform should be questioned and given a mandate to perform within time frame.
Our representatives are busy sleeping. Its high time we monitor if those we select to protect our constituency are actually working.
2baba dont forget that people who praise u when you do 99 things right but if i fail once they ll forget the 99 you got wright.
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by cooncudee(m): 9:47pm On Feb 03, 2017
bluaero:

In my opinion, an online petition will have no effect at all. On the 1st of January 2012, subsidy was removed and fuel price was increased from N65 to N140 or thereabout. We protested and the govt was forced to reduce the price. If a protest could work then, it can work now. It is not a crime to cry out when the suffering becomes unbearable. The responsibility of the police is to ensure no breakdown of law and order on that day. Not to stop the right of citizens to associate.
That protest worked because your demands were practical and specific. What exactly do you expect the government to do in reaction to the protest? If you were in the president's shoes, what will you do? Order a decrease in the price of comodities? Order employers to increase the salary of thier staff? What?
What if they tell you, on the 6th "we've heard all your demands, we'll work on it, you can go back home"? Have you asked yourself 'what next after the protest?' what are we protesting against? what are our demands? are they practical? Is the government the problem or us? Are we blaming the government for all our shortcomings including self inflicted ones? are we trying to solve a problem or shifting blames?

3 Likes

Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by Abudu2000(m): 9:47pm On Feb 03, 2017
dvee2:

Counter with fact, not just lie .
NO I wouldn't come down to your level coz you gonna beat me there, DB
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by netflicks(m): 9:47pm On Feb 03, 2017
I no go surprise if DSS begin find tubaba cos dats Wat they know how to do best.. ..u speak up they become aggressive while some old pot belle dey hide under the law dey loot the country dry... .mehn I stand with tubaba nd myself no gowin back.. . cry

2 Likes

Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by seguno2: 9:48pm On Feb 03, 2017
cummando:
Not in this country. Protest won't work. Enough fps on nairaland on that day. There can be a petition online where we all sign. People are putting finishing touches to spoiling that day. I know what I'm saying

If protests won't work, how do you describe what happened in 2012 against fuel subsidy removal?
If protests won't work, please explain how online petition will work?
Our minds are made up.
We, the youths of our country, are tired of being called leaders of tomorrow while they steal our inheritance and deprive us of electricity, roads and jobs.
Together, we say- #EnoughisEnough.

1 Like

Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by Ibman: 9:49pm On Feb 03, 2017
Yes, I stand with 2baba.
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by tonardo(m): 9:49pm On Feb 03, 2017
No No No No No No No No No No...
Why,?
1. Why not protest when PMB hike the fuel price, why now?
2. It's too dangerous, because this government don't care..
And Lagos state commissioner of police has threaten...
3. Why will i protest when we saw the hardship coming, we embrace it now we are complaining..
4. That protest wouldn't be peaceful,,. Innocent soul shall be lost
5. And i know there won't be meat pie and coke, like the at ojota.
Occupy Nigeria.
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by kindnyce(m): 9:50pm On Feb 03, 2017
MakeADifference:
Don't worry about the tear gas since you're not going to protest. Prophets of doom. If one drop of blood is shed on that day, APC will see that there are 165 million Nigerians that didn't vote for them.

Guy,am indifferent regarding the protest,i know nothing good s gonna come outta da protest as its another carnival loading...
Again,am not in support of any bloodsheding,but All Dis Ur Empty Threat...na mouth grin

Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by kayzat: 9:51pm On Feb 03, 2017
I support the protest but I'm not gonna click any fucking likes.
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by khadaffi(m): 9:52pm On Feb 03, 2017
cummando:

Not in this country. Protest won't work. Enough fps on nairaland on that day. There can be a petition online where we all sign. People are putting finishing touches to spoiling that day. I know what I'm saying

What did I just read? Protest don't work in Nigeria? Chai! Democracy don spoil una finish. Go and ask Babangida why he willingly step aside as a military president.

1 Like

Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by Johnhug66(m): 9:52pm On Feb 03, 2017
[color=#770077][/color]I STAND WITH TUPAC #Istandwithterror#
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by dvee2: 9:54pm On Feb 03, 2017
We are suffering we are suffering,tomorow u will still go and vote in all these charlatans as senators who don't give a hoot about u. Tuface senator David mark have been in the Senate since I was born. He has been senate president,today Otukpo remains one of the least developed LG in Nigeria. The road from makurdi to Otukpo is a dead trap,meanwhile David mark hv repeatedly collected contract to do the road. He flies by chopper to his house at Otukpo which have a helipad. Tuface has not protested to David mark

3 Likes

Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Feb 03, 2017
cummando:

peti what?

u need factory reset...

1 Like

Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by reliablenenge1: 9:56pm On Feb 03, 2017
YES I support

1 Like

Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by dvee2: 9:56pm On Feb 03, 2017
netflicks:
I no go surprise if DSS begin find tubaba cos dats Wat they know how to do best.. ..u speak up they become aggressive while some old pot belle dey hide under the law dey loot the country dry... .mehn I stand with tubaba nd myself no gowin back.. . cry
We are suffering we are suffering,tomorow u will still go and vote in all these charlatans as senators who don't give a hoot about u. Tuface senator David mark have been in the Senate since I was born. He has been senate president,today Otukpo remains one of the least developed LG in Nigeria. The road from makurdi to Otukpo is a dead trap,meanwhile David mark hv repeatedly collected contract to do the road. He flies by chopper to his house at Otukpo which have a helipad. Tuface has not protested to David mark
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by tonardo(m): 9:57pm On Feb 03, 2017
PMB values his ambition,power, position than any Nigerian... You people should go and sing, dance with 2 baba.. If na just me...no shaken.. We are watching..
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Feb 03, 2017
khadaffi:

What did I just read? Protest don't work in Nigeria? Chai! Democracy don spoil una finish. Go and ask Babangida why he willingly step aside as a military president.
Bros how many more proofs do you need to convince you that some people rule this country.they own it. Babangida was better. Na military. So many coup factions. Now it cabal upon cabal.we don't need a protest.we need prayers. It won't work. Its a good cause that would be violated. By these same cabals.
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by Daddybright1986(m): 9:58pm On Feb 03, 2017
bluaero:
Esteemed ladies and gentlemen of this great forum. This is a thread to gauge the general feeling of the hardworking, tax paying, responsible citizens of our country. Kindly state your own take on the planned protest scheduled for the 6th of February nationwide. State whether or not you believe a protest should be held on the said date and why.

This is my own take.
I work hard everyday to make a living for myself and my family. I pay my taxes to the government of this nation. I fulfil my obligations by obeying all the rules and regulations of this country.

Meanwhile,
Government officials and politicians who are meant to serve me put their needs and desires first before mine. Politicize issues of the economy and security while i now work harder, earn less and spend more to survive. Everyday i am at greater risk of losing my job because of the rapidly decaying economic situation. In all honesty, i have never had it this bad as a Nigerian (i don't even want to start listing the current prices of commodities).

I support the protest against the government of the day because i think enough is enough. Is it a crime to be a citizen of this country? undecided
(Note: I am not protesting against any political party!)

Let me have your own take on this issue with reasons. Please let's have a decent conversation smiley

Lalasticlala kindly assist to move this debate to the promised land?
Istandwithtubaba

1 Like

Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by NoToPile: 9:59pm On Feb 03, 2017
Indifferent.

Knowing naija the way protests can be highjacked and considering the fact that they seemed not to have informed the police officially about the peaceful protest despite the fact that the police has heared about it everywhere pretending not to and still waiting for official notification I won't advise them to go ahead.

I will even avoid taking the route of the protesters.I just hope hoodloms don't take advantage of it, that's my only concern.

Anybody can protest anything, having an effect is another ball game entirely.
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by MakeADifference: 9:59pm On Feb 03, 2017
Of course na mouth. Na mouth and yet all week long we've been getting sermons why we shouldn't stand up to epileptic governance.

Na mouth yet dem no gree let Tuface be.

Name mouth dem dey do meeting every day on top the protest. Now dem dey another meeting.

Na mouth. Don't worry you'll see remember you were told the storm is in this protest and it will sweep away anyone that it hits.

[quote author=kindnyce post=53394683][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 03, 2017
seguno2:

If protests won't work, how do you describe what happened in 2012 against fuel subsidy removal?
If protests won't work, please explain how online petition will work?
Our minds are made up.
We, the youths of our country, are tired of being called leaders of tomorrow while they steal our inheritance and deprive us of electricity, roads and jobs.
Together, we say- #EnoughisEnough.
I support you fully brother. My point is the security on that day. It would be on high alert. Cultists would cash in on it. Thugs would do the same. Military presence has been reduced to the minimum. I don't know about the police. All I'm concerned is the safety of my people. We dey suffer I know but e no go pay make we die join.

1 Like

Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Feb 03, 2017
1Rebel:
..watching from the safety of my home in the USA while staring lovingly at my USA passport. grin grin
D worst thing u can do to urself is to sit der nd b deceiving urself. Which of d US? Wayray re o.

2 Likes

Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by ehonda(m): 10:01pm On Feb 03, 2017
Its high time to think out of the box. I have come to realize that democracy is becoming obsolate because the world is now different from how it used to be years ago b4 internet. If old light bulb is now replaced with led bulb that is more brighter with less heat. The new system of government will be more efficient with result and less conflict.
I wonder why the legal system still judge case with past anticidence not the future where is the impact of technology in our legal system. I m just sitting at my balcony thinking of how beautiful this country will be if we apply IT to our system of government because the old democracy needs to be transform to demotelligence system of goverment.
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by MakeADifference: 10:02pm On Feb 03, 2017
That was the meat pie and coke they used to turn people to Zombies and some haven't recovered till today.

tonardo:
No No No No No No No No No No...
Why,?
1. Why not protest when PMB hike the fuel price, why now?
2. It's too dangerous, because this government don't care..
And Lagos state commissioner of police has threaten...
3. Why will i protest when we saw the hardship coming, we embrace it now we are complaining..
4. That protest wouldn't be peaceful,,. Innocent soul shall be lost
5. And i know there won't be meat pie and coke, like the at ojota.
Occupy Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Feb 03, 2017
udemzy101:

peti what?

u need factory reset...
You need brain transplant
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by jomoh: 10:03pm On Feb 03, 2017
bluaero:
Esteemed ladies and gentlemen of this great forum. This is a thread to gauge the general feeling of the hardworking, tax paying, responsible citizens of our country. Kindly state your own take on the planned protest scheduled for the 6th of February nationwide. State whether or not you believe a protest should be held on the said date and why.

I will not bore you with the retorics of 2baba benefited from this and that. It is an argument for another day.

With the country bedevilled with so many different security issues from biafra groups, to Fulani herdsmen, boko haram, millitants the Shiites all of which we all know as Nigerians, are been sponsored by Nigerian politicians for different benefitial reasons.

This is what I will ask. who are the sponsors of the protest.

Occupy Nigeria, we know. It was sponsored by a group formed for that purpose.

US protest against D.Trump, we know. It is supported and sponsored by ACLU.

Chibok Girls? we know them. led by ezekwesili.

iStandwith2baba? who are the sponsors? He claimed some people came to him and he accepted. Just like that?

WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?
let us know them before we start assisting boko haram, Fulani herdsmen, Millitant apologists to protest.

Am not against the protest cos it is long overdue but who are the organisers.

I remember the story on front page of Shiite girl arrested/kidnapped by the soldiers. She believed she was protesting against the so called oppression of her religion but in actual fact, did she really know that the people she is supporting have been reported to be security threat to the state in the past? Now her mother is left alone to fight for her release.

my Opinion though.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

El-Rufai: I Will Not Release El-Zakzaky So Long I’m Governor / 2019: ADP Zones The Presidency To The North And Vice President South East / Meeting Of Peter Obi Support Network In Bauchi (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.