Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? (41132 Views)

Lagos Police Rescinds Ban Decision, To Provide Security For Feb 6th Protest / BBC, CNN And Aljazera To Cover February 6th Protest / Akwa Ibom State Stands With Tuface For February 6th Protest. (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by brilliant7912: 12:53am On Feb 04, 2017
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by me69: 12:55am On Feb 04, 2017
bluaero:
Esteemed ladies and gentlemen of this great forum. This is a thread to gauge the general feeling of the hardworking, tax paying, responsible citizens of our country. Kindly state your own take on the planned protest scheduled for the 6th of February nationwide. State whether or not you believe a protest should be held on the said date and why.

This is my own take.
I work hard everyday to make a living for myself and my family. I pay my taxes to the government of this nation. I fulfil my obligations by obeying all the rules and regulations of this country.

Meanwhile,
Government officials and politicians who are meant to serve me put their needs and desires first before mine. Politicize issues of the economy and security while i now work harder, earn less and spend more to survive. Everyday i am at greater risk of losing my job because of the rapidly decaying economic situation. In all honesty, i have never had it this bad as a Nigerian (i don't even want to start listing the current prices of commodities).

I support the protest against the government of the day because i think enough is enough. Is it a crime to be a citizen of this country? undecided
(Note: I am not protesting against any political party!)

Let me have your own take on this issue with reasons. Please let's have a decent conversation smiley

Lalasticlala kindly assist to move this debate to the promised land?
THIS IS WHY I DON'T ACCEPT THE PROTEST

There is 2 camp today in Nigeria,

1) The first camp has the biggest voice. They believe that we should go back to the status quo meaning to the previous ways and just continue where johna left and we should drop that anti-corruption and change agenda. These people all have interest in a way or another but they will not say it openly. We all know artists like 2face were well fed by politicians and top people who make their money when the country is in chaos. People in this group even travel to London to celebrate a criminal, or dare the whole Nigeria if their man is caught for corruption. This group is mainly the cabals in government, corrupt politicians such as Saraki and Company, and people benefiting from them directly or indirectly.

2) The second group is composed of few politicians and few people in government and business who really believe in change and also part of the people. This people have a little voice ununfortunately but are numbered.Even if they suffer from the precadiment of this country they try to bring constructive criticism which really shows their sincerity to Nigeria. This camp strongly believes in Nigeria's potential. This people are loyal to Buhari only because they believe in his sincerity and want the best for Nigeria.

SO WHO IS 2FACE PROTESTING AGAINST?

IF IT'S THE FIRST CAMP THEN I AM IN WITH HIM
BUT IF ITS THE SECOND CAMP NO THANKS
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by DonBenny77(m): 1:02am On Feb 04, 2017
me69:
THIS IS WHY I DON'T ACCEPT THE PROTEST

There is 2 camp today in Nigeria,

1) The first camp has the biggest voice. They believe that we should go back to the status quo meaning to the previous ways and just continue where johna left and we should drop that anti-corruption and change agenda. These people all have interest in a way or another but they will not say it openly. We all know artists like 2face were well fed by politicians and top people who make their money when the country is in chaos. People in this group even travel to London to celebrate a criminal, or dare the whole Nigeria if their man is caught for corruption. This group is mainly the cabals in government, corrupt politicians such as Saraki and Company, and people benefiting from them directly or indirectly.

2) The second group is composed of few politicians and few people in government and business who really believe in change and also part of the people. This people have a little voice ununfortunately but are numbered.Even if they suffer from the precadiment of this country they try to bring constructive criticism which really shows their sincerity to Nigeria. This camp strongly believes in Nigeria's potential. This people are loyal to Buhari only because they believe in his sincerity and want the best for Nigeria.

SO WHO IS 2FACE PROTESTING AGAINST?

IF IT'S THE FIRST CAMP THEN I AM IN WITH HIM
BUT IF ITS THE SECOND CAMP NO THANKS

my friend i bought a tiny loaf of bread for 80ngn theres nothin like camp

it has never been dis bad

abi u b zombie?

3 Likes

Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by DonBenny77(m): 1:08am On Feb 04, 2017
lastpage:

"SOME" Nigerians like you need to be educated on What is good for them! Strange as that may sound, bu tit is true.

First, We must ask you (and people like 2Face and other Protesters): WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF A PROTEST?
- Generally, 'Protests' are meant to draw attention to an issue that "all other means have FAILED" to draw attention to.
- It is also assumed, in staging a Protest, that the target has the means and capacity to take the desired action but REFUSED to do so, hence the use of a Protest, to force the target to act as desired.
- It is a "last resort" action to make the 'target' (Govt in this case) act in a desired manner.

Having said the above, Let me ask:

1.) What is this 2Faced Protest meant to address? What issue?
Maybe you would tell me it is meant to address Hunger, maybe Exchange Rate of the Naira, maybe Price of commodities, e.t.c

2.) The target here is the Buhari govt... and Buhari in particular as most of the vitrol has been directed at him!
Putting these together, l want to ask: Has the President the "capacity and means" to do otherwise than he is doing now.... and REFUSED to do so?
3.) What exactly are we expecting the Govt to do, say for example, on the Exchange rate of the Naira to the Dollar, which most of us are blaming for the high price of everything, even unrelated things that are locally produced and have no single "forex" input?

*Can ...and should Buhari fix a specific and arbitrary low value for the exchange rate?

* Do these protesters not understand that the exchange rate of the Naira is a function of "How much foreign exchange we EARN via "EXPORTS/SALES" (be it for crude Oil which accounts for over 70% of such forex receipts or other products like Cocoa, Minerals, e.t.c) ...divided by How much we SPEND on foreign IMPORTS/PURCHASES from abroad?

* Are the protesters ignorant of the fact that in the last twenty one months or so of this administration, our major forex earner accounting for over 70% of our Dollar-accruals, has gone down/depreciated by as much as 80%? That Crude has for the most part of the last twenty months sold at an average of $23-$30 thus, Nigerias receipts of forex has so dwindled that Dollars has become very scarce!

* Are the protesters not aware or are they just "ignorant pawns" in this chess game of political propaganda by sore losers, that since our Dollars receipts are down (while our penchant for "anything foreign" is unabated), such demand for more Dollars to finance such desire for imports, is the one putting pressure on the naira because we are not earning enough Dollars to back-up such demand?

*Are they not aware that since we are virtually not manufacturing anything locally, and we want virtually everything made abroad, the importers have to pay a very high premium to get such Dollars to fund their import and as such, pass-on the added cost to the buyers and eventual consumers .... hence the high cost of goods and services we are experiencing now?

So, How can Buhari "affect" the exchange rate or how is it possible for him to "magically force the exchange rate down" to a lower value?
What exactly can Buhari do about it, in the SHORT RUN?

If the President does not have the "means and capacity" to fix the exchange rate, then what is the protest against him going to achieve?
if the President has not REFUSED to act, for something that he has no control over, then what is the morals of protesting against him.... if not just out of IGNORANCE, MISCHIEF or a combination of both?

This is why l said a lot of Nigerians need to be educated so that they dont "act in ignorance"!

I am aware that the President has taken "medium and long term" measures to address this Dollar shortages, by ensuring that we are no longer a "one-product" economy that depends only on crude Oil for its receipts of Dollars.

The President has diversified into solid minerals, he is revamping textile industry, he has invested massively in Rice production (a large consumer of our meagre Dollars), he has done everything to encourage jobless youths to take to agriculture by giving them massive loans that are nto even collateralised (but at almost 0% interest rate!), he is encouraging us to "buy made in Nigeria", he is spending heavily on transportation like Rails, Roads, Shipping, Dry Ports and other infrastructures.

This President has tried seriously, for the first time in a long time, to ensure that there is probity and less waste (stealing) wuthin Govt agencies and Parastatals by asking all of them to embrace the TSA! He has disbursed some of the "recovered loot" to state Gpvernments to pay backlog of owed salaries and pensions (though rogue Governors like Ayo Fayose of Ekiti State prefer not to pay or pay a pittance and as usual, loot the rest of the funds!).
I can go on and on but one thing is certain: The country is going through a very difficult period while the President is trying everything humanly possible to address the problems .....Some will take time to yield results while some are just not within the control of the Nigerian Govt (like Price of Crude Oil).

The above brings me to the conclusion that the criteria for a PROTEST as l enumerated earlier (Refusal to address and issue that is within the capacity of the President to change) has not been met.

If the protest was against our national Assembly members who earn take home pay (salaries and allowances) that rank almost a thirty times that of the President of the United States or that of China or Germany or whose monthly allowance is equivalent to a hundred years income of a graduate worker in the civil service, ....l will understand.

If it is against the Petroleum, Electricity and Steel "Cabal" who ensure that our refineries does not work to capacity while their stowed-away in Guinea, Gambia, SaoTome are functioning properly so they can continue to import PMS to us and charge us subsidy or the hooligans that sold our national asset (NEPA) to themselves when they knew they cant make it function to generate electricity that we need or those that destroyed our Steel rolling Mills at Aladja, Ajaokute, Ekpan , e.t.c ...... then it will make sense!

I know 2Baba is a great musician and "father of all nations" with a penchant for sowing his seed wildly but l dont know nor will l give him credit for any "academic, intellectual or cranial ability", as he has not shown any in the past.

Everyone should try to lead by sticking to what they are really competent at and know-best.

This Protest is a completely misguided and mis-directed effort. It is uncalled but if it must happen then it should be directed at where it can be meaningful and produce results.

I love and respect 2face, 2much (for his music) to think he would make himself a tool in the hands of those who are still smarting from their loss in the last Presidential elections and have therefore made it their life-duty to create problems for this administration of Buhari.

That the protest was timed to coincide with when the President would return form his 10-days annual leave... speaks volume!

Idle people who have excess time to play with, should go to the farm instead of creating further nuisance in public space.

But then, it is a Democracy..... and "Demonstration of Craze" is highly allowed!
shocked shocked grin grin

Lastpage!

where were you when buhari promised to make 1usd=1ngn
?
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by everozone: 1:18am On Feb 04, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
so tell me anybody who has answer to nigeria problem even with low oil price.
Anyone can do it, tell him to wait til 2019
Even if oil is sold $200/barrel Buhari will still not find handle to the economic crisis he has inflicted on Nigerians.A pig remains a pig even if you take it to the castle.

1 Like

Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by me69: 1:34am On Feb 04, 2017
DonBenny77:

my friend i bought a tiny loaf of bread for 80ngn theres nothin like camp

it has never been dis bad

abi u b zombie?
before you were buying it at 80 people before that were buying at cheaper. The country is in a downward trend since military regimes if we allow things to be business as usual it will have hit N80 soon or later.
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by kolaaderin: 2:11am On Feb 04, 2017
In as much this protest has involved Fani kayode and Ayo fayoshe, its has already been politicised and the aim is defeated before we took the the street .

I will support some other time not this one that is about to be hijacked by PDP against the goverent .

We know how we got here and PDP will not tell us we have to fully put the blame on this administration
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by 1Rebel: 2:46am On Feb 04, 2017
0b10010011:

When did having a blue passport become pleasure. Is it a guarantee to fulfilment?

Smh...

Yes, having a USA passport means I and my family gets to live better lives.
another perk it comes with is that when I get into nigeria (whenever I feel like), I can always call your female family members to come and choke on my _cock, and they would gladly oblige.

Berbierklaus:

While your family is right here in this mess and wallowing grin

Do not smile for too long though,You might be in Trumps list soon

Send me a PM, let me send you a few dollars to make that skin glow, pretty girl wink wink

ademilan:

D worst thing u can do to urself is to sit der nd b deceiving urself. Which of d US? Wayray re o.

I normally don't reply pigs and baboons. But this picture, right here, is for you. Go choke on your mother's clit. grin grin

Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by Nobody: 2:51am On Feb 04, 2017
Another reason to protest

Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by Nobody: 3:07am On Feb 04, 2017
I pity youths who have sold their conscience and future, they are the ones who will carry placards to oppose this move. After spending the 2k they collected, they will turn to wailers

1 Like

Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by KesaaKingsKen(m): 3:53am On Feb 04, 2017
I support him totally...

1 Like

Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by cyber5(m): 4:54am On Feb 04, 2017
#iStandWith2baba

#NigeriaFirst

And a Happy BornDay to my Little Sis

1 Like

Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by CHIJIOKE1314: 5:35am On Feb 04, 2017
1Rebel:
..watching from the safety of my home in the USA while staring lovingly at my USA passport. grin grin

**modified

picture attatched for the apes who think everyone is as miserable as themselves tongue

But Nwanne, there are more miserable people in US than in Osogbo..

Take a count ...

2 Likes

Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by magasa(m): 5:35am On Feb 04, 2017
This protest is misdirected. Rather than protesting, we should be thinking of 'OCCUPYING NASS AND THE JUDICIARY'. Those two arms of Government have succeeded in clogging the wheels of progress of the present administration.
From not passing appropriate laws to ease the work of the executive to stalling of anti-corruption trials, non-confirmation of the EFCC boss, budget padding and long unnecessary delays in passing the budget, etc

2 Likes

Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by Nobody: 5:36am On Feb 04, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
It will be a massive flop!

Buhari has shared 2.1billion dollars as bailout to 24 states.

Recently he shared another 388billion naira.

Let's ask out Govs questions

All these money you people are shearing!!!!
There is God ooooooo!!!!
grin

1 Like

Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by Nobody: 5:43am On Feb 04, 2017
DonBenny77:

where were you when buhari promised to make 1usd=1ngn
?

Putting these together, l want to ask: Has the President the "capacity and means" to do otherwise than he is doing now.... and REFUSED to do so?
If he doesn't have capacity to act, he should step down.
We have herdsmen running amok in Kaduna and he has the capacity to deploy the Armed Forces. What has he done?
#FailedBuhari

1 Like

Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by omostar: 5:52am On Feb 04, 2017
bluaero:

In my opinion, an online petition will have no effect at all. On the 1st of January 2012, subsidy was removed and fuel price was increased from N65 to N140 or thereabout. We protested and the govt was forced to reduce the price. If a protest could work then, it can work now. It is not a crime to cry out when the suffering becomes unbearable. The responsibility of the police is to ensure no breakdown of law and order on that day. Not to stop the right of citizens to associate.

That protest was for a particular issue but this one is too general. What specifically do we want to protest for?
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by Origin(f): 6:05am On Feb 04, 2017
I support protesting. The electorate has power.
but Do we know what we are fighting for or who we want it from .

My areas of Concern:
Senate: Over paid and underworked ( every law is a photocopy of UK laws, when will they amend the labour law, enact the PIB bill.)

Executives: Does everyone under stand their job roles and are they doing it properly. So many ministers, so many Heads of Service, so many advisers

Judiciary: If you cannot prosecute you can't be allowed vacation or even get half pay. When do we want to see dividends of judiciary?.

All executives must give account for their states, ministries department for budget approval and implementation. Especially local government. Provide proper and full records and defend before national assembly.

Private Sector: Competition is key, price fixing (cement) and monopoly are dangerous for the economy. Unchallenged unethical practices benefits a few and hurts the nation.

Where are the FIRS, FCSC and DPR jobs. Can the government not even have the decency to act transparently.

The list is long but that is a start.
Yes we need to protest but we need to get it right.
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by Coolguy89(m): 6:08am On Feb 04, 2017
Tuface wey know notin than impregnating girls around,He is just seeking for attention,fuvk Tuface and his protesters
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by 1Rebel: 6:08am On Feb 04, 2017
CHIJIOKE1314:

But Nwanne, there are more miserable people in US than in Osogbo..

Take a count ...

How would you know? You don enter USA before? undecided
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by CHIJIOKE1314: 6:19am On Feb 04, 2017
1Rebel:

How would you know? You don enter USA before? undecided

The only difference in their miseries is, those in the US are hopefully miserable , while Osogbo misery is hopeless..

And yes, I don enter US only once in my life. ..but with Buhari now..

My vacation no fit carry me pass Togo..or at worse check into a hotel in Wuse zone for 2weeks freeze my calls and lie to people say I travel. .

Omo! Where u see bar. .
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by Cromagnon: 6:36am On Feb 04, 2017
bluaero:

Advice noted. But what other tool (apart from a peaceful protest) do the citizens have to express their grief against hardship imposed on them by the government.
Expecting your response.
write letters slash petitions and send en masse to office holder address IE National Assembly or Aso rock.

vote with sense.

Join political j party and participate.

Demand more than cup of rice.

Initiate recall mechanism.
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by Nedsnow(m): 6:43am On Feb 04, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
It will be a massive flop!

Buhari has shared 2.1billion dollars as bailout to 24 states.

Recently he shared another 388billion naira.

Let's ask out Govs questions

So now to you, that's the only problem this country is facing right? Are u sure u are in this country or you are just somewhere abroad reading about what's happening in this country? If you don't have any better point to give, biko oga, parkwell.
No try me o cos i dey vex. Who bailout help for this country. How about the exchange rate, kerosene, electricity and OMG!!! The list is endless and i believe others here know that. Just keep yourself to yourself. U hear!!!
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by Nobody: 6:51am On Feb 04, 2017
I wonder why zombies are threatened by this protest

lastpage wrote a whole epistle.only to get one like cause zombie literature aint a best seller these days

the hardest work in the world should be defending an illiterate who has escorted Nigeria to recession twice in its history

cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by 1Rebel: 6:59am On Feb 04, 2017
CHIJIOKE1314:

The only difference in their miseries is, those in the US are hopefully miserable , while Osogbo misery is hopeless..

And yes, I don enter US only once in my life. ..but with Buhari now..

My vacation no fit carry me pass Togo..or at worse check into a hotel in Wuse zone for 2weeks freeze my calls and lie to people say I travel. .

Omo! Where u see bar. .

Baba no worry, god go butter your bread pretty soon, believe.
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by Tiffbuxas: 7:02am On Feb 04, 2017
All the people afraid of protest I honestly don't understand your motives.... Nigerians are the greatest cowards ever... If you can't fight for yourself at least, fight for the generations to come... I know we are broken, poor hungry and desperate... It's time we use that to our advantage.

If we fail to fight for our tomorrow today.. Tomorrow will never be better than today

#standforyourright
#ISTANDWITH2FACE
# ISTANDWITHNIGERIANS

1 Like

Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by Tiffbuxas: 7:06am On Feb 04, 2017
Coolguy89:
Tuface wey know notin than impregnating girls around,He is just seeking for attention,fuvk Tuface and his protesters
what is your point exactly? I know you're scared and all because of the prison we live in... But it's time to be free we can't say broken forever.. Fight for your tomorrow today
Standwith2baba
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by datizy(f): 7:08am On Feb 04, 2017
I keep asking, what will this protest achieve. Nothing! So No an not in support. People will just go and die for nothing again and Nigeria will still continue to exist.
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by Tiffbuxas: 7:12am On Feb 04, 2017
kolaaderin:
In as much this protest has involved Fani kayode and Ayo fayoshe, its has already been politicised and the aim is defeated before we took the the street .

I will support some other time not this one that is about to be hijacked by PDP against the goverent .

We know how we got here and PDP will not tell us we have to fully put the blame on this administration
so because fayoshe and whoever joins the protest its high jacked in other wise that aim of the protest has changed Abi? Let's not get political about this... It's simply a protest for better governance... If e dey bite you like e dey bite me.. Are a date lets make Nigeria great again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sule Lamido Delivers Own Polling Unit To Atiku, PDP / Saraki Hosts Senate Minority Leaders To Closed-door Meeting (photos) / I’ll Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected, Atiku Vows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.