Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,685 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? (41153 Views)

Lagos Police Rescinds Ban Decision, To Provide Security For Feb 6th Protest / BBC, CNN And Aljazera To Cover February 6th Protest / Akwa Ibom State Stands With Tuface For February 6th Protest. (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by Dindondin(m): 10:03pm On Feb 03, 2017
cummando:

Not in this country. Protest won't work. Enough fps on nairaland on that day. There can be a petition online where we all sign. People are putting finishing touches to spoiling that day. I know what I'm saying
Online petition not as viable as protest. As long as its peaceful. I know the FG ll want to cause commotion to hijack or blackmail the protesters.
It ll be on record that this govt worst pass GEJ
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by tonardo(m): 10:03pm On Feb 03, 2017
If anything goes wrong, Tu baba go meet Nnamdi kanu for prison... This government is heartless
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by ozimec(m): 10:06pm On Feb 03, 2017
bluaero:
Those in support of the February 6th protest click LIKE
Enough is enough. I support the protest because that's the only way we can communicate our displeasure to the government. #istandwith2Baba# istandwithNigeria

2 Likes

Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Feb 03, 2017
Dindondin:

Online petition not as viable as protest. As long as its peaceful. I know the FG ll want to cause commotion to hijack or blackmail the protesters.
It ll be on record that this govt worst pass GEJ
Baba if you know how scared I am.
I can't just say some things. Let's sha be careful. Be alert. Avoid mushin idioro area. So many nasty things will happen. God help us
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Feb 03, 2017
tonardo:
If anything goes wrong, Tu baba go meet Nnamdi kanu for prison...
This government is heartless
Some elements of the government.
Not all.
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by tonardo(m): 10:10pm On Feb 03, 2017
All area fathers of NL should stand with 2baba.. As for me i have no power of my own... This same 2 babe can become ambassador for APC if money is involved..

1 Like

Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by netflicks(m): 10:10pm On Feb 03, 2017
dvee2:

We are suffering we are suffering,tomorow u will still go and vote in all these charlatans as senators who don't give a hoot about u. Tuface senator David mark have been in the Senate since I was born. He has been senate president,today Otukpo remains one of the least developed LG in Nigeria. The road from makurdi to Otukpo is a dead trap,meanwhile David mark hv repeatedly collected contract to do the road. He flies by chopper to his house at Otukpo which have a helipad. Tuface has not protested to David mark

That's one thing but the issue on ground now is affecting the whole Country and if we continue like this mehn I wonder what the future will be like.. ..we voted these guys "Yes" And it's time to let them know they are not getting it right coz it seems dey dnt even know the extent of the hardship Pple are facing. .no violence just a peaceful simple message to our govt... Dats all

1 Like

Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by seguno2: 10:11pm On Feb 03, 2017
cummando:
I support you fully brother. My point is the security on that day. It would be on high alert. Cultists would cash in on it. Thugs would do the same. Military presence has been reduced to the minimum. I don't know about the police. All I'm concerned is the safety of my people. We dey suffer I know but e no go pay make we die join.

The solution to your concerns is to pile pressure, as we are doing on different fronts, for our policemen to provide necessary security for the protests.
QED!!!
#NigeriaFirst.

2 Likes

Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by Psalmmyb(m): 10:12pm On Feb 03, 2017
I stand by him 2baba my pesin
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by Jakasibo(m): 10:13pm On Feb 03, 2017
After the protest what next?

1 Like

Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by elfico(m): 10:13pm On Feb 03, 2017
The only protest that would make sense to me is the one in which the following are demanded

1. All cases of corruption and looting must not exceed 2 months in a court.

2. Guilty verdict must result in death penalty that must be carried out within 48 hours in the full glare of the public except in cases of appeal and all appeal cases must not exceed one month.

3. Not guilty verdict carries a minimum of 10 years imprisonment and maximum of life and the individual would forfeit half of his/her assets.

4. The national assembly should be collapsed into one house and there should be equal representation for all states. The total number of legislators must not exceed 150.

If 1 - 3 can be well implemented, then most of problems would magically disappear or become reduced to barest minimum.

3 Likes

Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by khadaffi(m): 10:13pm On Feb 03, 2017
cummando:

Bros how many more proofs do you need to convince you that some people rule this country.they own it. Babangida was better. Na military. So many coup factions. Now it cabal upon cabal.we don't need a protest.we need prayers. It won't work. Its a good cause that would be violated. By these same cabals.

Its like you didn't understand my previous post. IBB even though he was a military man and had absolute power, he was still very scared of protests. Any govt anywhere in the world is scared of protest. Don't be deceived. Cabals upon cabals didn't start today.
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by khadaffi(m): 10:14pm On Feb 03, 2017
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Feb 03, 2017
seguno2:

The solution to your concerns is to pile pressure, as we are doing on different fronts, for our policemen to provide necessary security for the protests.
QED!!!
#NigeriaFirst.
They said they are not ready to manage it. God help us.
I'll be out there protesting under the supreme power. I'm protected. And I want everybody to be.

1 Like

Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by seguno2: 10:15pm On Feb 03, 2017
dvee2:
We are suffering we are suffering,tomorow u will still go and vote in all these charlatans as senators who don't give a hoot about u. Tuface senator David mark have been in the Senate since I was born. He has been senate president,today Otukpo remains one of the least developed LG in Nigeria. The road from makurdi to Otukpo is a dead trap,meanwhile David mark hv repeatedly collected contract to do the road. He flies by chopper to his house at Otukpo which have a helipad. Tuface has not protested to David mark

People voted for Donald Trump.
That did not stop them protesting against him on Saturday 21 January.
Meanwhile, who is stopping you from protesting against David Mark?
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by mike404(m): 10:15pm On Feb 03, 2017
Ahmadgani:
I am not impressed with the way this country is been adminitered of late. However, this intended protest will not and cannot solve the problems, in fact it will compound more problems.
AFONJA MUSLIM
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by tonardo(m): 10:16pm On Feb 03, 2017
netflicks:

That's one thing but the issue on ground now is affecting the whole Country and if we continue like this mehn I wonder what the future will be like.. ..we voted these guys "Yes" And it's time to let them know they are not getting it right coz it seems dey dnt even know the extent of the hardship Pple are facing. .no violence just a peaceful simple message to our govt... Dats all
Did you said, WE ?
As in all of us...
Count me out ...
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by menthomatics(m): 10:16pm On Feb 03, 2017
Against. 2baba is definitely not qualified to lead such a protest. I reckon those that go into equity must do so with clean hands.2face benefited immensely from corruption thru Akpabio.

1 Like

Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Feb 03, 2017
khadaffi:

Its like you didn't understand my previous post. IBB even though he was a military man and had absolute power, he was still very scared of protests. Any govt anywhere in the world is scared of protest. Don't be deceived. Cabals upon cabals didn't start today.
I'll hold you to your words. Hope you are right. Everybody is short tempered and on that daynitbwoukd be magnified.
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by ipreach: 10:16pm On Feb 03, 2017
.KK

1 Like

Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by Dindondin(m): 10:18pm On Feb 03, 2017
cummando:

Baba if you know how scared I am.
I can't just say some things. Let's sha be careful. Be alert. Avoid mushin idioro area. So many nasty things will happen. God help us
Scared of PMB but can do subsidy protest against GEJ. You talk like a Chicken!
Even the area boys in Mushin dey vex for FG. They ll reason on that day & join peaceful protest. The devils of that day ll be the security agents sent by the FG to provoke people.

2 Likes

Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by seguno2: 10:19pm On Feb 03, 2017
cummando:
They said they are not ready to manage it. God help us.
I'll be out there protesting under the supreme power. I'm protected. And I want everybody to be.

We pay our policemen to do the job of providing our security.
We must find ways to make them perform the job instead of the IGP spending our money to visit the sick president in London.
It is largely up to us, relying on the mental capacity that the Supreme Power has given us.
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Feb 03, 2017
Dindondin:

Scared of PMB but can do subsidy protest against GEJ. You talk like a Chicken!
Even the area boys in Mushin dey vex for FG. They ll reason on that day & join peaceful protest. The devils of that day ll be the security agents sent by the FG to provoke people.

You think I'm scared for myself?
I've signed my life already. Its for the innocent. And for innocent!
Be safe
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by ozimec(m): 10:22pm On Feb 03, 2017
bluaero:
Those in support of the February 6th protest click LIKE

Ayam protesting o. It's high time we stood up.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by endeedike(m): 10:24pm On Feb 03, 2017
one thing must kill a man not this shit...

Odingo1:

Cowardice act,man must die one day and one thing must kill a man
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by seguno2: 10:24pm On Feb 03, 2017
menthomatics:
Against. 2baba is definitely not qualified to lead such a protest. I reckon those that go into equity must do so with clean hands.2face benefited immensely from corruption thru Akpabio.

Mandela was a terrible womaniser.
He led South Africans against apartheid. Not so?
If you are not tired of the empty promises to us being forever leaders of tomorrow, we are tired.
If you have issues with 2Face leading us in the protest, make sure you organise your own asap.
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Feb 03, 2017
Stupedinluv:
Enough of this already.

When it's time we fly out

On broomsticks? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by obailala(m): 10:31pm On Feb 03, 2017
I'm in support of the protest. This government has been sleeping on bike for too long.
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by SalamRushdie: 10:33pm On Feb 03, 2017
hourl:
Anybody that's close to 2face should help me warn the guy, he's a public figure nd I'm not sure he can control the population he's pulling. Moreso this is Nigeria, I have feelings that FG will organise hoodlums to hijack the process nd all they need is to burn some buildings and cars... and 2face will be nailed. #ISTANDWITHNIGERIA

Its not a new thing , in 1984 Buhari jailed Fela too
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by BrutusOj(m): 10:33pm On Feb 03, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
It will be a massive flop!

Buhari has shared 2.1billion dollars as bailout to 24 states.

Recently he shared another 388billion naira.

Let's ask out Govs questions
Is the protest about the president alone? what the hell is wrong with you this lady or woman? Comon! get a life for once. we have three arms of Government, so why are you guys so focused on Buhari as the target of this protest? If protesting was able to change things in 2011,why is it a different thing this time?
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by fairheven: 10:35pm On Feb 03, 2017
bluaero:

Advice noted. But what other tool (apart from a peaceful protest) do the citizens have to express their grief against hardship imposed on them by the government.
Expecting your response.

Revolution!
Re: Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? by lastpage: 10:40pm On Feb 03, 2017
bluaero:
Esteemed ladies and gentlemen of this great forum. This is a thread to gauge the general feeling of the hardworking, tax paying, responsible citizens of our country. Kindly state your own take on the planned protest scheduled for the 6th of February nationwide. State whether or not you believe a protest should be held on the said date and why.

This is my own take.
I work hard everyday to make a living for myself and my family. I pay my taxes to the government of this nation. I fulfil my obligations by obeying all the rules and regulations of this country.

Meanwhile,
Government officials and politicians who are meant to serve me put their needs and desires first before mine. Politicize issues of the economy and security while i now work harder, earn less and spend more to survive. Everyday i am at greater risk of losing my job because of the rapidly decaying economic situation. In all honesty, i have never had it this bad as a Nigerian (i don't even want to start listing the current prices of commodities).

I support the protest against the government of the day because i think enough is enough. Is it a crime to be a citizen of this country? undecided
(Note: I am not protesting against any political party!)

Let me have your own take on this issue with reasons. Please let's have a decent conversation smiley

Lalasticlala kindly assist to move this debate to the promised land?

"SOME" Nigerians like you need to be educated on What is good for them! Strange as that may sound, bu tit is true.

First, We must ask you (and people like 2Face and other Protesters): WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF A PROTEST?
- Generally, 'Protests' are meant to draw attention to an issue that "all other means have FAILED" to draw attention to.
- It is also assumed, in staging a Protest, that the target has the means and capacity to take the desired action but REFUSED to do so, hence the use of a Protest, to force the target to act as desired.
- It is a "last resort" action to make the 'target' (Govt in this case) act in a desired manner.

Having said the above, Let me ask:

1.) What is this 2Faced Protest meant to address? What issue?
Maybe you would tell me it is meant to address Hunger, maybe Exchange Rate of the Naira, maybe Price of commodities, e.t.c

2.) The target here is the Buhari govt... and Buhari in particular as most of the vitrol has been directed at him!
Putting these together, l want to ask: Has the President the "capacity and means" to do otherwise than he is doing now.... and REFUSED to do so?
3.) What exactly are we expecting the Govt to do, say for example, on the Exchange rate of the Naira to the Dollar, which most of us are blaming for the high price of everything, even unrelated things that are locally produced and have no single "forex" input?

*Can ...and should Buhari fix a specific and arbitrary low value for the exchange rate?

* Do these protesters not understand that the exchange rate of the Naira is a function of "How much foreign exchange we EARN via "EXPORTS/SALES" (be it for crude Oil which accounts for over 70% of such forex receipts or other products like Cocoa, Minerals, e.t.c) ...divided by How much we SPEND on foreign IMPORTS/PURCHASES from abroad?

* Are the protesters ignorant of the fact that in the last twenty one months or so of this administration, our major forex earner accounting for over 70% of our Dollar-accruals, has gone down/depreciated by as much as 80%? That Crude has for the most part of the last twenty months sold at an average of $23-$30 thus, Nigerias receipts of forex has so dwindled that Dollars has become very scarce!

* Are the protesters not aware or are they just "ignorant pawns" in this chess game of political propaganda by sore losers, that since our Dollars receipts are down (while our penchant for "anything foreign" is unabated), such demand for more Dollars to finance such desire for imports, is the one putting pressure on the naira because we are not earning enough Dollars to back-up such demand?

*Are they not aware that since we are virtually not manufacturing anything locally, and we want virtually everything made abroad, the importers have to pay a very high premium to get such Dollars to fund their import and as such, pass-on the added cost to the buyers and eventual consumers .... hence the high cost of goods and services we are experiencing now?

So, How can Buhari "affect" the exchange rate or how is it possible for him to "magically force the exchange rate down" to a lower value?
What exactly can Buhari do about it, in the SHORT RUN?

If the President does not have the "means and capacity" to fix the exchange rate, then what is the protest against him going to achieve?
if the President has not REFUSED to act, for something that he has no control over, then what is the morals of protesting against him.... if not just out of IGNORANCE, MISCHIEF or a combination of both?

This is why l said a lot of Nigerians need to be educated so that they dont "act in ignorance"!

I am aware that the President has taken "medium and long term" measures to address this Dollar shortages, by ensuring that we are no longer a "one-product" economy that depends only on crude Oil for its receipts of Dollars.

The President has diversified into solid minerals, he is revamping textile industry, he has invested massively in Rice production (a large consumer of our meagre Dollars), he has done everything to encourage jobless youths to take to agriculture by giving them massive loans that are nto even collateralised (but at almost 0% interest rate!), he is encouraging us to "buy made in Nigeria", he is spending heavily on transportation like Rails, Roads, Shipping, Dry Ports and other infrastructures.

This President has tried seriously, for the first time in a long time, to ensure that there is probity and less waste (stealing) wuthin Govt agencies and Parastatals by asking all of them to embrace the TSA! He has disbursed some of the "recovered loot" to state Gpvernments to pay backlog of owed salaries and pensions (though rogue Governors like Ayo Fayose of Ekiti State prefer not to pay or pay a pittance and as usual, loot the rest of the funds!).
I can go on and on but one thing is certain: The country is going through a very difficult period while the President is trying everything humanly possible to address the problems .....Some will take time to yield results while some are just not within the control of the Nigerian Govt (like Price of Crude Oil).

The above brings me to the conclusion that the criteria for a PROTEST as l enumerated earlier (Refusal to address and issue that is within the capacity of the President to change) has not been met.

If the protest was against our national Assembly members who earn take home pay (salaries and allowances) that rank almost a thirty times that of the President of the United States or that of China or Germany or whose monthly allowance is equivalent to a hundred years income of a graduate worker in the civil service, ....l will understand.

If it is against the Petroleum, Electricity and Steel "Cabal" who ensure that our refineries does not work to capacity while their stowed-away in Guinea, Gambia, SaoTome are functioning properly so they can continue to import PMS to us and charge us subsidy or the hooligans that sold our national asset (NEPA) to themselves when they knew they cant make it function to generate electricity that we need or those that destroyed our Steel rolling Mills at Aladja, Ajaokute, Ekpan , e.t.c ...... then it will make sense!

I know 2Baba is a great musician and "father of all nations" with a penchant for sowing his seed wildly but l dont know nor will l give him credit for any "academic, intellectual or cranial ability", as he has not shown any in the past.

Everyone should try to lead by sticking to what they are really competent at and know-best.

This Protest is a completely misguided and mis-directed effort. It is uncalled but if it must happen then it should be directed at where it can be meaningful and produce results.

I love and respect 2face, 2much (for his music) to think he would make himself a tool in the hands of those who are still smarting from their loss in the last Presidential elections and have therefore made it their life-duty to create problems for this administration of Buhari.

That the protest was timed to coincide with when the President would return form his 10-days annual leave... speaks volume!

Idle people who have excess time to play with, should go to the farm instead of creating further nuisance in public space.

But then, it is a Democracy..... and "Demonstration of Craze" is highly allowed!
shocked shocked grin grin

Lastpage!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos Of Jewelry Recovered From Abdullahi Mukhtar's In-law's Home / Sammie Okposo Apologies To Buhari For Saying He Should Be Flogged For Forgery / Yahaya Bello And His Wife Amina Loved Up In These Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.