Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,456 members, 7,850,588 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:03 AM

360gistpilot's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 360gistpilot's Profile / 360gistpilot's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (of 8 pages)

Sports / Guardiola Confirms New Backroom Staff After Arteta Left For Arsenal by 360gistpilot(m): 8:29am On Dec 21, 2019
Manchester City will look at adding to their backroom staff in summer after Mikel Arteta left to become Arsenal manager.

Arteta stepped up to become Pep Guardiola's No.2 when long-time assistant Domenec Torrent left to join New York City in 2018, taking charge of a Champions League game against Lyon that the manager was suspended for.

Having interested Arsenal last year when the Gunners were looking to replace Arsene Wenger, the former Everton midfielder's reputation has continued to rise at the Etihad with a number of players praising him for the work he has done to improve them.

With Unai Emery sacked and Freddie Ljungberg showing signs that he may not be able to turn things around, Arsenal stepped up their pursuit of Arteta this week and confirmed him as their new manager on Friday.

Despite reports claiming otherwise, Guardiola said that there had been no approach from Arsenal for Rodolfo Borrell, another important member of the backroom staff.

Borrell is likely to step up into Arteta's role as the team opt against bringing any new additions in before the end of the season and then assess the situation again going forward.

“From now on Rodolfo stays with me, we've not had any approach from Arsenal for him," said Guardiola. "He'll step up [at City]."

"We'll continue like this until the summer, with the people that have been here since three years ago. We'll see what happens in the summer, what we can improve. I've not thought about names."

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/12/guardiola-confirms-new-backroom-staff.html?m=1

lalasticlala, seun, mynd44, dominique
Sports / Barca & Madrid To Stay In Same Hotel Ahead Of El Clasico by 360gistpilot(m): 6:11am On Dec 17, 2019
Amid security concerns in Barcelona, Ernesto Valverde's men will meet up at the Hotel Princesa Sofía - where Madrid will also be based - on the day of the clash.

Amid security concerns surrounding this week's Clásico at the Camp Nou, Barcelona are to spend the hours leading up to the game at a hotel by the stadium - one in which opponents Real Madrid will also be staying.

Protests are expected in Barcelona ahead of Thursday evening's rearranged fixture, which was postponed from its original date of 26 October after unrest in the city in the wake of the jailing of nine Catalan separatist leaders.

Barcelona to meet at Hotel Princesa Sofía on day of game
In a bid to avoid being caught up in or delayed by any incidents, the Barça squad will, on the advice of the club's security staff, meet at the five-star Hotel Princesa Sofía - located just 500 metres from the Camp Nou - at 12:30 CET on the day of the game.

Ernesto Valverde's men will have lunch there before resting in their rooms until around 18:00, when they will travel the short distance to the stadium for the 20:00 kick-off.

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/12/barca-real-madrid-to-stay-in-same-hotel.html?m=1

Sports / Carlo Ancelotti Verbally Agreed To Become Everton Coach by 360gistpilot(m): 9:14pm On Dec 16, 2019
Carlo Ancelotti agrees a deal in principle to become next Everton manager (Sky Sports)

According to Sky Sports, Carlo Ancelotti is close to becoming the new Everton manager. Unless there are serious delays, his first league game would be against Arsenal at Goodson Park.

The 60-year-old won the Premier League, the FA Cup and the Community Shield during his tenure at Chelsea from 2009 until 2011, and has lifted three Champions League trophies over the course of his managerial career.

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/12/carlo-ancelotti-verbally-agreed-to.html?m=1

Sports / EPL Teams Get Easy Draws In Europa Round Of 32 Draws by 360gistpilot(m): 1:38pm On Dec 16, 2019
The draws for the Europa League is currently ongoing and English sides opponents have been revealed.

Likes of Arsenal, Manchester United and Wolverhampton are the Representatives from English Premier League.

Fixtures below...

Club Brugge vs Manchester United

Olympiacos vs Arsenal

Wolves vs Espanyol

The first leg of the clash is expected to go down on February 20th 2020 while. Second leg on February 27th.

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/12/epl-teams-get-easy-draws-in-europa.html?m=1

Sports / UCL Round Of 16 Draw: Liverpool Face Atletico, Barca Travel To Napoli, see list by 360gistpilot(m): 12:47pm On Dec 16, 2019
The round of 16 draws went down today.

Dortmund vs. PSG
Atalanta vs. Valencia
Atletico vs. Liverpool
Real Madrid vs. Man City
Chelsea vs. Bayern
Lyon vs. Juventus
Tottenham vs. Leipzig
Napoli vs. Barcelona

First legs will be played on Feb. 18, 19, 25 & 26.

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/12/ucl-round-of-16-draw-liverpool-face.html?m=1

Sports / Man City Confirm Long-time Fan Died On Way To Watch Citizens At Arsenal by 360gistpilot(m): 6:28am On Dec 16, 2019
Manchester City have confirmed that a long-time fan of the club died on his way to watching his team's fixture with Arsenal.

The Sky Blues were involved in Premier League action away at the Emirates stadium in north London on Sunday.

City posted the tragic news in a statement on the club's Twitter account.

The statement read: "Manchester City wishes to express its sincere condolences to the family and friends of a long-time City supporter who passed away today on his way to attending the game at Arsenal.

"The thoughts of all at the Club are with the family and loved ones at this very sad time."

The identity of the fan has not been confirmed, but City players and fellow supporters sent their own condolences by commenting on the post.

Raheem Sterling scored in the win over Arsenal, and commented with sad face and heartbreak emojis.

One fan wrote: "RIP. The blue family will have an empty place at the table tonight."

Fans from other clubs also paid their respects, while another City fan wrote: "Rest in peace, this win is for you."

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/12/man-city-confirm-long-time-fan-died-on.html?m=1

Sports / Hazard Hints At Chelsea Return: 'when I Finish Here, I Will Come Back!' by 360gistpilot(m): 11:20am On Dec 14, 2019
Eden Hazard has revealed he would come back to Chelsea when he finishes his Real Madrid career.

The ex-Chelsea star met with a Chelsea fan, who recorded their conversations and posted the footage on Twitter.

When asked whether he will return to Chelsea, Hazard said: "When I finish here [at Real Madrid], I will come back!"

Hazard also revealed he still follows Chelsea and praised the Blues' academy

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/12/hazard-hints-at-chelsea-return-when-i.html?m=1

Sports / NFF Denies Forcing Odion Ighalo's Retirement, Says Coach Rohr Can Bring Him Back by 360gistpilot(m): 6:58pm On Dec 13, 2019
The Nigeria Football Federation has denied forcing striker Odion Ighalo's retirement from the Super Eagles of Nigeria.

Ighalo, endured a bad outing for the Super Eagles in the 2018 World Cup, missing a host of chances in form of goals for the Nigeria National team which eventually led to the country not going far in the tournament.

He was rained with insults on his social media pages and his family was even threatened, a decision which contributed to Ighalo's surprise decision to retire from the national team after the 2019 African Cup of Nations.

But now, the NFF has denied being behind his sudden retirement, saying head coach Gernot Rohr is at liberty to pick who ever he wants for the team with reports emanating that Ighalo is willing to come back from retirement.

"Nobody sent Ighalo away from the team. If the coach thinks he can feature in his plans, then it is the coach’s prerogative to take the decision on that,” NFF spokesman, Ademola Olajire told Sports Extra.

Olajire also denied imposing Nigerian local league players on Rohr.

“There’s nothing like imposing NPFL players on the coach. He is at liberty to pick his players,” he said.

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/12/nff-denies-forcing-odion-ighalos.html?m=1

Sports / Arsenal Players Agree To Donate Their Salary To Charity by 360gistpilot(m): 6:20pm On Dec 13, 2019
The club's players and technical staff will donate a day's salary to the Arsenal Foundation in an effort to raise awareness and get others involved in charity work.

Arsenal players and the club's technical staff will donate one day's worth of their salary to The Arsenal Foundation in an effort to raise awareness for the work they are doing and to inspire others to get involved in the initiative.

"The Arsenal Giving Together initiative also sees people across the club taking part in a number of volunteering and fundraising events over the festive period," the statement from the club said.

The include wearing a jersey with a special logo on it against Manchester City to remind people of the kind of work the foundation is doing and has done. They will also have collection buckets outside the stadium for the game too.

"Save the Children - which has benefited from more than £3m from The Arsenal Foundation since 2012, to its local partnership with Islington Giving which recently surpassed £500,000 of donations to different projects that encourage our community to thrive," the statement continued.

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/12/arsenal-players-agree-to-donate-their.html?m=1

Sports / OFFICIAL: 18-year-old Greenwood Named UEL Player Of The Week With A Brace by 360gistpilot(m): 3:47pm On Dec 13, 2019
18-year-old Greenwood named UEL Player of the Week with a brace in Man Utd's 4-0 win over AZ.

The win also secured Man Utd's top spot in Group L.

He beats Jota, Saka & Gnagnon to win the award.

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/12/official-18-year-old-greenwood-named.html?m=1

Sports / 'thanks For Sacking Emery' - Arsenal Fans Tell Frankfurt by 360gistpilot(m): 1:05pm On Dec 13, 2019
Arsenal fight back to earn a 2-2 draw at Standard Liege, which means Frankfurt qualify as group runners-up ahead of Liege.

In a Twitter which Frankfurt thank Arsenal for 'don't let us down', Gunners fans never forget who helped them dump Emery out.

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/12/europa-frankfurt-thanks-arsenal-for.html?m=1

Sports / Chelsea Renew Contract With 21-year-old Fikayo Tomori Until 2024 by 360gistpilot(m): 8:26pm On Dec 12, 2019
Chelsea have announced that they renew the contract with 21-year-old defender Fikayo Tomori until 2024.

The defender, who will turn 22 next week, played 55 times under Frank Lampard on loan at Derby County last season and was subsequently made part of the senior Chelsea squad in the summer after Lampard was appointed as the new head coach.

He has since made 16 appearances for the Blues this season as well as making his debut in the Champions League and at senior international level for England.

On signing his new deal until the summer of 2024, Tomori said: ‘It’s obviously a very proud moment for myself and my family. I’ve been at the club since I was seven years old so I don’t really know much else other than Chelsea.

‘The club has been so good to me, looking after and developing me during that time into the player and the person I am today. It’s a dream come true to sign a new five-year contract. I’m really happy the club have shown this faith in me and I’m just excited to carry on.’

Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia added: ‘We are very happy to see another fantastic young player come through from our Academy into the senior team. Fikayo has been with us since he was seven years old and has contributed to many Chelsea successes at youth level.

‘Having enjoyed an impressive loan spell at Derby last season, Fikayo had a strong start to this campaign and we are enjoying seeing him grow into a key player for us. We are delighted he has committed to the club for the coming years.’

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/12/chelsea-renew-contract-with-21-year-old.html

1 Like

Sports / Pulisic Named U.S. Soccer Male Player Of The Year For Second Time by 360gistpilot(m): 5:23pm On Dec 12, 2019
For the second time, Christian Pulisic has been named 2019 U.S. Soccer Male Player of the Year.

At 21 years, 85 days, Pulisic becomes the youngest player to win the award twice, and 7th player to win it multiple times.

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/12/pulisic-named-us-soccer-male-player-of.html?m=1

Sports / Mbappe, Jesus & Joao Felix Lead UCL Team Of The Week, Alisson In Goal by 360gistpilot(m): 5:14pm On Dec 12, 2019
UEFA has announced the Team of the Week of this week's Champions League games.

Jesus scored a hat-trick to help Man City complete a comeback against Dinamo Zagreb.

Felix converted a penalty to hand Atletico a perfect start in Lokomotiv clash and help Simeone's side get the UCL last 16 tickets in the last round of the group stage.

Mbappe delivered two assists before he added a goal in PSG's 5-0 win against Galatasary.

Alisson Becker, who made seven saves against RB Salzburg, helped Liverpool keep a cleansheet and seal the top spot in group.

Full List
GK: Alisson (Liverpool)

DF: Grimaldo (Benfica), Gosens (Atalanta), Felipe (Atletico Madrid), Gastagne (Atalanta)

MF: Foden (Man City), Joao Felix (Atletico Madrid), Pizzi (Benfica)

FW: Mbappe (PSG), Milik (Napoli), Jesus (Man City)

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/12/mbappe-jesus-joao-felix-lead-ucl-team.html

Sports / Ronaldo Reacts Furiously As Pitch Invader As Juventus Defeats Leverkusen by 360gistpilot(m): 6:00am On Dec 12, 2019
Cristiano Ronaldo was left irate at a pitch invader who grabbed him by the neck following Juventus' win over Bayern Leverkusen on Wednesday night.

The fan approached him from behind and grabbed hold of his neck as he tried to take a selfie at the final whistle of Juve's 2-0 win in Germany.

He was immediately accosted by a steward as Ronaldo remonstrated while holding his neck.

Ronaldo appeared to shout 'Are you crazy?' at the fan as he was taken away.

It was the second time Ronaldo was targeted by a pitch invader, having narrowly avoided one earlier in the game.

The Portuguese started the game as Juve eased to victory and confirmed top spot in Group D.

Ronaldo got himself on the scoresheet by tapping home in the 75th minute to open the scoring for Juve.

Gonzalo Higuain made sure of the points with a late second in stoppage time.

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/12/ronaldo-reacts-furiously-as-pitch.html

2 Likes

Sports / UCL Last 16 Confirmed, Check Out All Qualified Teams by 360gistpilot(m): 2:10am On Dec 12, 2019
The last 16 of 2019/20 Champions League have been confirmed, with the draw to be held on 16 December.

Screenshot_20191212011309

It is the final round of fixtures in the Champions League group stage with clubs looking to make it into the knockout rounds.

The 16 teams qualified
Group winners (seeded):

Barcelona (ESP), Bayern Munich (GER), Juventus (ITA), Leipzig (GER), Liverpool (ENG), Manchester City (ENG), Paris Saint-Germain (FRA), Valencia (ESP)

Group runners-up (unseeded):

Borussia Dortmund (GER), Chelsea (ENG), Lyon (FRA), Napoli (ITA), Real Madrid (ESP), Tottenham Hotspur (ENG), Atalanta (ITA), Atletico (ESP)

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/12/ucl-last-16-confirmed-check-out-all.html

Celebrities / I Am Disappointed Danfo Drivers Now Supporting Tekno - Prof Linkin by 360gistpilot(m): 10:16am On Jul 21, 2018
Since Tekno released Jogodo, controversies have ensued. Danfo Drivers attacked the singer claiming he sampled their song without their consent. Tekno settled with the aggrieved duo and another accuser, Prof. Linkin, came out to lay claim to the original idea of Jogodo.
Prof Linkin, who calls himself the father of Jogodo told Saturday Beats that he feels betrayed by Tekno and Danfo Drivers, who used to be his friends. He further expressed his disappointment about Danfo Drivers jumping in support of Tekno to go against him. He said that he feels the action of the duo is motivated by the money they got from Tekno.

He said, “I cannot believe that Danfo Drivers are now fighting for Tekno and raining insults on me, calling me a hungry man. But they forget that I am only fighting for my intellectual property.

“There is a lot of betrayal in the music industry. I was the one that gave them the platform to release their first album. It is so painful. Tekno is not an Ajegunle person, but they are supporting him and neglecting me who grew up in Ajegunle with them.

“Some people would have used diabolical means to fight them but I can’t do that because I am a devout Christian.”

Prof Linkin, however, revealed that Tekno’s management team had reached out to him and promised that they would look into his grievance.

http://www.reportminds.com/2018/07/i-am-disappointed-danfo-drivers-now.html?m=1

Cc lalasticlala
Celebrities / Kiss Daniel Ready To Release Next Album by 360gistpilot(m): 8:23am On Jul 21, 2018
The singer made this announcement on Twitter some hours ago. Kiss tweeted that his second album is done and ready to go. He also added September/October in his post which seems to be the possible release time.

Recall that in 2016, the singer delivered an impressive body of work titled New Era. The album was awarded the best album of the year at the Headies Awards. The project is composed of hit songs like Mama and Jumbo.

He tweeted... My 2nd Album is done and ready to go � #NBS
_______

Sept/Oct

http://www.reportminds.com/2018/07/kiss-daniel-ready-to-release-next-album.html

Cc lalasticlala mynd44
Celebrities / Niniola & Davido Attend Pre-bet Events In Los Angeles by 360gistpilot(m): 1:20pm On Jun 24, 2018
Nigerian artists Niniolaand Davido are currently in Los Angeles ahead of the 2018 BET Awards ceremony, which they are both nominated in, taking place this weekend.
Last night they both attended the Late Night Brunch Party which was one of the many Pre-BET events. Also spotted at the event were more Nigerians DJ Ecool and DJ Soupamodel.

http://www.reportminds.com/2018/06/niniola-davido-attend-pre-bet-events-in.html?m=1

Cc lalasticlala

Sports / Arsenal Celebrates Naija Boy, Iwobi After Nigeria's Win Against Iceland by 360gistpilot(m): 10:17pm On Jun 23, 2018
Arsenal FC has come out to celebrate Nigeria attacker, Alex Iwobi following the 2-0 win against Iceland.Although, IWOBI came from the bench in the game.

According to the North London club: " The Super Eagles are soaring now!
Big congratulations to our Naija boy
@alexiwobi and his
@NGSuperEagles team-mates -
# NGA have just beaten
# ISL 2-0 in Volgograd
# WorldCup "

http://www.reportminds.com/2018/06/arsenal-celebrates-naija-boy-iwobi.html?m=1

Cc lalasticlala

Celebrities / Linda Ikeji Shares Story Of 700k Sports Car That Was Taken From Her by 360gistpilot(m): 10:06pm On Jun 23, 2018
As shared by Linda Ikeji:
I bought this car in 2007. It cost 700k back then but I made a down payment of 350k to pay the remaining 3 months later. After 3 months, I'd been able to pay only 100k of the remaining 350k & the car owner came to my house one day to seize the car. Lol. I can laugh now but it wasn't funny back then. I remember my dad followed me to the man's house to beg for him to return it to me and give me more time. The man refused. So I was carless for about 2 months but because I knew how important having a car was to my business (I was always running around), I knew it was top priority to raise the balance.
I had a modeling agency back then and so I started going to bother all the ad agencies owing me money. I became a nuisance at their offices...lol. Before I'd wait for them to call and ask me to come collect my cheque but now, I wanted the money now now. Some managed to give me, some didn't but I was finally able to raise the 250k balance & got my car back.
Fast forward to 5 years later. Between 2012 to 2018, I've probably bought about 15 cars for family, friends and staff. And none was 700k...lol.
Seeing this photo again brought back memories and reminded me of how God works. And how your life can change from not having enough to having so much, you can share with others.
You life can change for the better in an instant and that instant can last forever. Just remember to always hold on to God. He's watching. He's seeing your struggles and one day, He'll hold your hands and never let go. .
God is holding my hand so much right now that I was able to solely finance lindaikeji.tv from advertising money made from another platform he blessed me with...lindaikejisblog. All the crazy equipment we have, studios, office, mansion, content, manpower etc was solely financed 100% by LIB.
God works in ways we sometimes don't understand! He can make you wait. I waited for 14 years. He hasn't forgotten you. Be patient. He listens. He's watching. And He will eventually come to hold your hands when it's your turn. And when he does, your life will never be the same. Just never stop believing in Him. Your time is near. I declare God's enormous blessings into your life. Say amen!

http://www.reportminds.com/2018/06/linda-ikeji-reveals-how-god-works.html?m=1

Cc lalasticlala

Politics / Breaking: Adams Oshiomhole Named APC National Chairman by 360gistpilot(m): 4:32pm On Jun 23, 2018
Today, Comrade Adams Aliyu Oshiomhole is confirmed APC National Chairman. APC are currently having their national convention in Abuja.
http://www.reportminds.com/2018/06/breaking-adams-oshiomhole-named-apc.html?m=1

Cc lalasticlala

Sports / Uzoho, 19 Sets World Cup Record, Becomes Youngest GK To Keep Clean Sheet by 360gistpilot(m): 6:57pm On Jun 22, 2018
As shared by @OptaJoe:
19y 237d - Francis Uzoho is the second youngest goalkeeper to keep a clean sheet in World Cup history, older only than Li Chan-Myong (19y 198d) who famously shut-out Italy in 1966. Trusted. #NGAISL #NGA #WorldCup

More at http://www.reportminds.com/2018/06/19-years-old-uzoho-sets-world-cup.html?m=1

Cc lalasticlala mynd44

Sports / Arsenal Completes Signing Of Bernd Leno For £19.2m From Leverkusen by 360gistpilot(m): 10:30pm On Jun 19, 2018
Arsenal have signed Germany goalkeeper Bernd Leno from Bayer Leverkusen, becoming the second arrival since Unai Emery took over as manager.

The 26-year-old, capped six times by his country, joins the Gunners for a reported £19.2million fee and ends a seven-year spell with Leverkusen.

Leno is expected to compete with first-team goalkeepers Petr Cech and David Ospina at Arsenal after the pair endured tough 2017-18 campaigns.

"We are very pleased that Bernd Leno will be joining us. Bernd is a goalkeeper of high quality and experience," the new manager told Arsenal's official website.

"He has been a top performer and regular number one goalkeeper with Leverkusen in the Bundesliga for the past seven years.

We are all excited that Bernd has chosen Arsenal Football Club and look forward to start working with him in pre-season."

Emery has already bolstered his Arsenal side with the addition of Switzerland defender Stephan Lichtsteiner, who joined on a free transfer from Juventus.

http://www.reportminds.com/2018/06/arsenal-completes-signing-of-bernd-leno.html?m=1

lalasticlala

Sports / Taiwo Awoniyi And Taiwo Jesudun White Wedding Photos by 360gistpilot(m): 5:32pm On Jun 17, 2018
Ex-Golden Eaglet Taiwo Awoniyi, 20, Gets Married

Former Nigerian youth international Taiwo Awoniyi wedded his partner Taiwo Jesudun in a white wedding ceremony in Ilorin on Saturday, reports Completesportsnigeria.com.

The couple have been together for some time before their engagement and traditional wedding in Kabba on Friday.

Chidera Ezeh, Godwin Saviour and other former Golden Eaglets and Flying Eagles teammates of Awoniyi were some of the notable football stars that attended the wedding at the God’s Grace Foundation Church in Ilorin.

The 20-year-old who is on the books of Liverpool played for Royal Excel Mouscron in the Belgian Juliper League last season and scored 10 goals with seven assists in 31 games.

Awoniyi will be 21 in August.

http://www.reportminds.com/2018/06/ex-golden-eaglet-taiwo-awoniyi-marries.html?m=1

3 Likes 2 Shares

Celebrities / Basketmouth Celebrates His Wife On Father's Day by 360gistpilot(m): 5:15pm On Jun 17, 2018
Ace comedian,Basketmouth took to Instagram to celebrate his wife,Elsie,despite today being Father’s Day. He wrote

I’m celebrating all mothers today, without you, we won’t have a father’s Day.
@elsieokpocha you created an enabling environment for me to be GREAT dad and for that I thank you. Happy Parents
Thanks for making me a great father.

http://www.reportminds.com/2018/06/basketmouth-celebrates-his-wife-on.html?m=1

Cc lalasticlala mynd44
Sports / Rohr Blames Nigeria's Defensive Naivety For Croatia Loss by 360gistpilot(m): 1:44pm On Jun 17, 2018
Gernot Rohr said defensive naivety from set-pieces was to blame as Nigeria's World Cup opener ended in a 2-0 loss to Croatia.
Oghenekaro Etebo's own goal from a Luka Modric corner gave Croatia a first-half lead, with the Real Madrid midfielder making sure his side top Group D by converting a spot-kick after the interval.

William Troost-Ekong needlessly brought down Mario Mandzukic while defending another corner to hand Croatia a penalty that wrapped up the game.

Nigeria's lack of creativity was evident, but Croatia did not record a shot on target from open play until second-half stoppage-time, leaving Rohr in no doubt what went wrong for Nigeria in Kaliningrad.

"We are disappointed because we don't like to lose but we must recognise Croatia had the better team," the Nigeria coach told a post-match media conference.

"My young team made some mistakes from corners, we worked from them so much but both goals came from corners, which I find a little bit... There were also so many fouls in the other box that could have been penalties but we have to accept the defeat.

"Of course you are not satisfied with the attack when you do not score, we were satisfied with our defensive organisation but we didn't have so many opportunities to score.

"I think the organisation was OK, we didn't concede in open play. We conceded twice in set-pieces so it is not a question of tactics or system.

"I was satisfied with the organisation but we need to be more professional from set-pieces."

"It's important to make at least four points if you want to qualify," Rohr added.

"We are only a point behind for the moment, nothing is lost and all is in our hands.

"Let's be positive, we have the youngest team at the World Cup, let them learn and try to do better.

"We saw Iceland have a good game against Argentina, a very strong team, but we can also do better than what we did today.

"We have to win against Iceland but all is possible still. If we win the next game all is possible for qualification."

http://www.reportminds.com/2018/06/rohr-blames-nigerias-defensive-naivety.html?m=1

Cc lalasticlala mynd44
Sports / How Nigeria Can Win The World Cup By Atiku Abubakar by 360gistpilot(m): 9:42pm On Jun 16, 2018
Read the piece by former vice president Atiku Abubakar below...

It is now almost nine decades that the world cup tournament started, yet no African has lifted the trophy. I believe that the Mikel Obi led team can do it in Russia.
I have no doubt that our team will play their breath out, but despite this, only a united team lifts the world cup. Our real opponent is division not Croatia, Iceland or Lionel Messi
We are only seven games away from achieving what no other African nation has done.
Remember, when you find unity, you arrive at the door of victory.

http://www.reportminds.com/2018/06/how-nigeria-can-win-world-cup-by-atiku.html?m=1

Cc lalasticlala
Sports / Real Madrid Sign 17-year-old Santos Wonderkid Rodrygo In £40m Seven-year Deal by 360gistpilot(m): 6:47pm On Jun 15, 2018
'Real Madrid C. F. and Santos Futebol Clube have agreed that Rodrygo Goes will play his football at Real Madrid when he reaches the legal age requirement,' the Champions League holders announced.

'Although the player would be able to play for our club as of January 2019, the agreement in place sets out that he will join the squad in July of that year,' Madrid added.

Rodrygo made his debut for Santos last November, at the age of 16, and has scored five goals in nine league appearances for the club in the Brazilian top-flight.

Financial details of the deal have not been disclosed but reports suggest Madrid have paid in the region of £40m (€45m) to get their man.

http://www.reportminds.com/2018/06/real-madrid-sign-17-year-old-santos.html?m=1

Cc lalasticlala
Sports / FIFA Begins Probe Over Argentine Superstar, Lionel Messi by 360gistpilot(m): 6:01pm On Jun 15, 2018
World governing soccer body, FIFA, has started disciplinary proceedings against the Palestinian Football Association’s chief, Jibril Rajoub, over his comment against Lionel Messi.

Rajoub had urged fans to burn pictures, shirt of Argentina captain, Messi if he played against Israel in Jerusalem.

Jorge Sampaoli’s men were billed to play at Jerusalem’s Teddy Kollek Stadium in a World Cup warm-up match.

The match was eventually cancelled and Rajoub played a major part.

On Thurday, FIFA confirmed that it had opened an enquiry.

“The FIFA disciplinary committee has opened disciplinary proceedings against the president of the Palestinian Football Association, Jibril Rajoub,” the soccer body said in a statement.

“The decision came as a result of his statements, widely reported in the media, with respect to the international friendly match that was scheduled to take place on 9 June 2018 between Israel and Argentina.”

Rotem Kamer, vice-president of the Israeli FA, has accused Rajoub of “football terror”.

The association’s chairman, Ofer Eini, said in a statement Thursday that Rajoub had “crossed each and every red line”.

http://www.reportminds.com/2018/06/fifa-begins-probe-over-argentine.html?m=1

Cc lalasticlala
Sports / Super Eagles Locker Room In Russia Customized In Pidgin-english by 360gistpilot(m): 3:28pm On Jun 13, 2018
The Super Eagles squad are already in Russia for the 2018 World Cup tournament which kicks off tomorrow, and they are staying at the Sanatorium Istochnik Hotel.
Thier locker room was customized in Pidgin-English slogan. "Eagles don land!

http://www.reportminds.com/2018/06/eagles-don-land-super-eagles-locker.html?m=1

Cc lalasticlala

Sports / United States, Canada And Mexico Wins The Right To Host The 2026 FIFA World Cup by 360gistpilot(m): 3:20pm On Jun 13, 2018
North American joint bid comprising the USA, Mexico and Canada has won the right to host the 2026 FIFA World Cup.

The decision was announced at FIFA's annual congress in Moscow moments ago.
The bid beat off competition from Morocco and was chosen in a vote by 203 of FIFA’s 210 member federations present in the Russian capital, one day before the World Cup 2018 opener in the city between hosts Russia and Saudi Arabia.

The 'United Bid' for the three North American countries won 134 votes compared to 65 for Morocco, with one federation declining to choose either bid.

The North American bid was seen as a safer bet than Morocco, whose proposal was deemed "high risk" in several key areas. The North American tournament will see games take place in up to 16 stadiums, the majority of which will be in the USA. All of the stadiums already exist, and will only require renovation ahead of the tournament.

The Moroccan bid offered a tournament spread across 14 stadiums in 12 cities, but would have involved an estimated $16 billion spend on stadiums and infrastructure. An inspection report on Morocco by FIFA had highlighted three “high-risk” areas stadiums, hotels, and transport which were widely seen as undermining the country’s efforts to bring a second World Cup to Africa. There were also concerns over “unexplored risks” in the area of human rights.

For the USA it will be a second time as World Cup hosts, following the tournament in 1994, while for Mexico it will be an unprecedented third time after holding the event in 1970 and 1986. It will be a World Cup first for Canada.

http://www.reportminds.com/2018/06/united-states-canada-and-mexico-wins.html?m=1

Cc lalasticlala mynd44

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (of 8 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.