Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,772 members, 7,837,789 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

360gistpilot's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 360gistpilot's Profile / 360gistpilot's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (of 8 pages)

Sports / U-20 FIFA World Cup: England Beats Venezuela To Win The Cup by 360gistpilot(m): 1:41pm On Jun 11, 2017
England have lifted the U-20 FIFA World Cup in Suwon Korea after beating Venezuela 1-0 on Sunday.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin struck in the first-half for the Young Lions after 10 minutes
The Everton forward got the only goal of the game against Venezuela, after Newcastle's Freddie Woodman saved a second-half penalty.

Adalberto Penaranda later in the secobd half missed a spot kick for Venezuela in the 74th minutes.

Earlier on Sunday, Italy beat Uruguay on penalties after a goalless draw to secure third place at the tournament in South Korea.

http://www.360gistpilot.com/2017/06/u-20-fifa-world-cup-england-beats.html?m=1

Sports / Nigeria Were Lucky Not To Have Conceded More Than Two Goals - Baxter by 360gistpilot(m): 10:55pm On Jun 10, 2017
Stuart Baxter has stated that Nigeria were lucky to lose by just a two-goal margin to his South African side.

The Bafana Bafana defeated the Super Eagles 0-2 at Godswill Akpabio Stadium on Saturday.

Goals from Tokelo Rantie and Percy Tau helped South Africa secure their first victory in the 2019 AFCON Qualifiers.

Baxter was full of praise for his boys, and he feels his side could have scored more goals after Themba Zwane struck the woodwork twice on the afternoon.

"We set out to contain the Super Eagles in the first 20 minutes to prevent them from scoring so we played deeper, and after that we tried to open the field the way we wanted to," Baxter told media after the game.

''As it turned, we could have scored more goals. I don’t want to sound like a bad winner but I think we could have scored more with a little bit of more composure.

Beating Nigeria 2-0 on their home soil is massive for my players and the football association of the country. I am very pleased," he said.

Baxter also rated the Super Eagles as a great side despite losing their first game under coach Grenot Rohr.

"I think Nigeria have a very good team," he continued.

"All we did was stop them from playing and hurt them whenever we have the ball.

Nigeria are a very good side, I am just proud of the way my players played in terms of preventing them from scoring and creating chances to score," concluded Baxter.

South Africa are second in Group E with the victory with inferior goal difference to leaders, Libya.

They host Libya in their next encounter on March 27, 2018.

http://www.360gistpilot.com/2017/06/nigeria-were-lucky-not-to-have-conceded.html?m=1

Politics / Lagos To Mark June 12 As Public Holiday by 360gistpilot(m): 7:34pm On Jun 09, 2017
Lagos holds June 12 Rally Monday.

The Lagos State Office of Civic Engagement has revealed plans to celebrate 24 Anniversary of the June 12, 1993 Presidential Elections that was won by the late Moshood Abiola.

According to PM NEWS , The government is holding the event in conjunction with June 12 Coalition of Democratic Formations.

A statement by the Special Adviser on Civic Engagement, Mr. Kehinde Joseph disclosed that the Theme for this year’s anniversary “Development Strategy in Lagos State; A Blue Print for National Development” was precipitated by decisive measures on people-oriented programmes by the State Government which has yielded positive results in the State.

Mr. Joseph added that the event which held annually has become a converging point for all progressives where issues germane to successful transition of one democratic administration to another and the development of the nation are discussed
He urged all stakeholders to make the day available in order to gather and honour the memory of the acclaimed winner of the annulled June 12, 1993 Presidential Election, Late Chief Moshood Kashimawo Abiola.

Source: PM NEWS

http://www.360gistpilot.com/2017/06/lagos-to-mark-june-12-as-public-holiday.html?m=1

Sports / Official: Eguavoen Resigns As Coach Of Sunshine Stars by 360gistpilot(m): 7:22pm On Jun 09, 2017
According to reports from the camp of Sunshine Stars, Austin Eguavoen has parted ways with Nigeria Professional Football League outfit.

Recall that the former Super Eagles and player was appointed as Sunshine Stars coach just two months ago.

He walked away with goalkeepers’ trainer Ike Shorunmu after the Owena Whales bowed at home to Plateau United on Wednesday.

The club confirmed on Twitter that Eguavoen threw in the towel, and they respected his decision.

"Our management has received & accepted the disengagement notice of coach A.

Eguavoen. The Club appreciates the coach for his time with us..."according to the club statement via twitter.

According goal.com "the tactician took the decision because he was disillusioned with poor officiating against his team, plus club management’s inability to pay players’ wages which has slowed down their output on the field."

Meanwhile, coach Akin Olowookere has been named interim coach. He would be in charge of the team when they play Kano Pillars in Sunday’s NPFL game at the Sani Abacha Stadium.

Sunshine Stars are 17th on the league standing with 27 points from 23 games.

http://www.360gistpilot.com/2017/06/official-eguavoen-resigns-as-coach-of.html?m=1

Sports / One Of My Regrets Is Not Signing Carrick - Wenger Admits by 360gistpilot(m): 7:52pm On Jun 05, 2017
Arsene Wenger has revealed yet another one of his regrets as Arsenal manager, according to the French manager, not signing Michael Carrick when he had the chance was one of his regrets.

Carrick was linked to Arsenal in 2004 but they were beaten to his signature by north London rivals Tottenham Hotspur.

Wenger told Arsenal’s website that he has long been a fan of Carrick, who played his testimonial game at Old Trafford on Sunday.

“One of my regrets is never having had him as a player because I think he was one of the greatest players in English football,” said the Frenchman.

“I would say personally I’m an admirer of his career, of his quality.

“I wish him all the best for the future.”
The 67-year-old added: “I believe as well that he did not always get the reward and the tribute, the recognition he deserved.

“I give Michael my deepest congratulations for his testimonial.

“I think he deserves it hugely.”

http://www.360gistpilot.com/2017/06/one-of-my-regrets-is-not-signing.html?m=1

1 Like

Sports / Re: FIFA And CAF Pay Tribute To Tiote by 360gistpilot(m): 7:35pm On Jun 05, 2017
see another

Sports / FIFA And CAF Pay Tribute To Tiote by 360gistpilot(m): 7:34pm On Jun 05, 2017
On Monday the world of sports was at a stand still after Cote d’Ivoire midfielder Cheick Tiote had passed away in China.

The 30 years old Only joined Beijing Enterprises four months ago.

He died after collapsing during a training session.

Tiote was a Nations Cup winner with the Elephants in 2015, represented Anderlecht, Roda JC and FC Twente before joining Newcastle United in 2010.

He spent seven years with the Magpies before moving to the Far East in February in China.

According to world football governing body, @FIFAcom:" Very devastating news, our thoughts and prayers goes out to his family and friends. RIP Tiote, you will always remain in our hearts."

http://www.360gistpilot.com/2017/06/fifa-and-caf-pay-tribute-to-tiote.html?m=1

Sports / Re: Neymar, Hamilton And Beckham Spotted At NBA Finals by 360gistpilot(m): 6:57pm On Jun 05, 2017
he's name is Odell Beckham.. a Ruby player... he plays for New York Giants
there are many Beckham in the world
Sports / Re: Former Newcastle Midfielder Tiote Slumps And Died In Training by 360gistpilot(m): 6:54pm On Jun 05, 2017
no be blogger at work na comfam news
Sports / EA Sports Unveils Ronaldo As Global Cover For FIFA 18, Reveals Release Date by 360gistpilot(m): 6:52pm On Jun 05, 2017
EA Sports have revealed that Cristiano Ronaldo will be their global cover star for FIFA 18.

According to EA, the FIFA 18 will be released on September 29.

As Ronaldo covers FIFA 18, while his rival Lionel Messi, having signed a deal with Konami to promote Pro Evolution Soccer after featuring on the cover of FIFA 16.

It is understood that the pre-order the 'Ronaldo Edition' of the new game, which costs £79.99 and features up to £40-worth of Ultimate Team packs as well as a Cristiano Ronaldo loan card and exclusive kits.

"The world’s best player has helped fuel the biggest leap forward on the pitch that we’ve ever delivered," said Aaron McHardy, a senior producer of FIFA.

"We are extremely excited to partner with Cristiano - working with him we learned a lot about his unique play style and what makes him so special. His passion, energy and global fanbase make him the perfect ambassador for FIFA 18."

"It is a real pleasure to be on the cover of FIFA 18," Ronaldo added. "It's a great feeling and I am grateful to have been chosen."

http://www.360gistpilot.com/2017/06/ea-sports-unveils-ronaldo-as-global.html?m=1

Sports / Former Newcastle Midfielder Tiote Slumps And Died In Training by 360gistpilot(m): 5:33pm On Jun 05, 2017
Former Newcastle United player Cheick Tiote is died, he passed on after collapsing during a training session on Monday, June 5.

It was reported that the Ivorian was training with second-tier Chinese side Beijing Enterprises, when he slumped and was rushed to hospital.

He joined the Chinese side in February.

According to reports gathered, an mergency treatment failed to revive him, and he was later confirmed died.

Tiote's representative Emanuele Palladino said: "It is with deep sadness that I confirm that my client Cheick Tiote sadly passed away earlier today after collapsing in training with his club Beijing Enterprises.

"We cannot say any more at the moment and we request that his family's privacy be respected at this difficult time.

"We ask for all your prayers."

According to a statement from Beijing Enterprises also confirmed the news of Tiote’s death, which reads: “At 6pm on June 5th, Mr Cheick Tiote fell unconscious to the ground during training.

“He was immediately taken to hospital, but unfortunately died at 7pm on June 5th. We have informed his relatives of his death.
“After joining Beijing Enterprises Group FC on February 5th 2017, Mr Tiote has made a great contribution to the club and has received plaudits from the coaching staff and team-mates for his superb ability and professionalism.

“We hereby express our sincere condolences following Mr Tiote’s unfortunate death.”

Tiote has started 11 matches to date this season for Beijing Enterprises, starting all
The 30-year-old helped his team secure a 4-2 victory against Baoding Ronda on Saturday.

The midfielder began his career in Belgium with Anderlecht. He also represented Twente and Roda JC in the Netherlands.

He made made 52 international appearances for Ivory Coast.

http://www.360gistpilot.com/2017/06/former-newcastle-midfielder-tiote.html?m=1

Sports / Neymar, Hamilton And Beckham Spotted At NBA Finals by 360gistpilot(m): 10:30am On Jun 05, 2017
Brazilian and Barcelona forward, Neymar Jnr. was pictured at Oracle Arena for game two of the NBA Finals.

Barcelona star Neymar was courtside supporting the Golden State Warriors ' hosting reigning champions the Cleveland Cavaliers on Sunday.

He was spotted alongside Formula One star Lewis Hamilton and New York Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr..

The Warriors who were unbeaten in 13 playoff encounters this season won game one 113-91 against the Cavaliers on Thursday.

They followed that up with another dominant win in game two, topping the Cavs 132-113.

http://www.360gistpilot.com/2017/06/neymar-hamilton-and-beckham-spotted-at.html?m=1

Celebrities / Burial Arrangement Of Moji Olaiya by 360gistpilot(m): 2:08pm On Jun 03, 2017
360 GP has obtained the burial arrangements of the late actress Mojisola Christiana Olaiya.

According to the information gathered, the mother of two remains will land in the country with her baby on June 6.

Her service of songs will go down at the LTV8 Blueroof in Ikeja .

While, she will be buried finally on June 7 at the Ikoyi Vault cementry .

http://www.360gistpilot.com/2017/06/burial-arrangement-of-moji-olaiya.html?m=1

Sports / UEFA Champions League Winners Since 1955/56 by 360gistpilot(m): 12:54pm On Jun 03, 2017
UEFA Champions League ls a football cup competition that was organised by Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) for the top football clubs in Europe.

The competition was first held for the 1955-56 season, it was until 1992 the tournament was called the European Cup or European Champions' Cup (officially European Champion Clubs' Cup).

The 2013-14 final was the first in the tournament's history to feature teams from the same city.

The same clubs faced each other in the 2016 final.

In 2000, two Spanish teams battled in the final, though they were from different cities.

Here are all the winners of the UEFA Champions League since the first in 1955.

2015-16 Real Madrid (Winner) vs Atlético Madrid 1-1 (5–3)

2014-15 Barcelona (Winner) vs Juventus 3-1

2013-14 Real Madrid (Winner) vs Atlético Madrid 4-1

2012-13 Bayern Munich (winner) vs Borussia Dortmund 2-1

2011-12 Chelsea (winner) vs Bayern Munich 1-1 (4–3)

2010-11 Barcelona (winner) vs Manchester United 3-1

2009-10 Internazionale (winner) vs Bayern Munich 2-0

2008-09 Barcelona (winner) vs Manchester United 2-0

2007-08 Manchester united (winner) vs Chelsea 1-1 (6–5)

2006-07 Milan (winner) vs Liverpool 2-1

2005-06 Barcelona (winners) vs Arsenal 2-1

2004-05 Liverpool (winner) vs Milan 3-3

2003-04 Porto (winner) vs Monaco 3-0

2002-03 Milan (winner) vs Juventus 0-0

2001-02 Real Madrid (winner) vs Bayer Leverkusen 2-1

2000-01 Bayern Munich (winner) vs Valencia 1-1

1999-2000 Real Madrid (winner) vs Valencia 3-0

1998-99 Manchester United (winner) vs Bayern Munich 2-1

1997-98 Real Madrid Juventus (winner) vs 1-0

1996-97 Borussia Dortmund (winner) vs Juventus 3-1

1995-96 Juventus vs Ajax 1-1

1994-95 Ajax (winner) vs Milan 1-0

1993-94 Milan (winner) vs Barcelona 4-0

1992-93 Marseille (winner) vs Milan 1-0

1991-92 Barcelona (winner) vs Sampdoria 1-0

1990-91 Red Star Belgrade Marseille 0-0*

1989-90 Milan (winner) vs Benfica 1-0

1988-89 Milan (winner) vs Steaua Bucureşti 4-0

1987-88 PSV Benfica 0-0

1986-87 Porto (winner) vs Bayern Munich 2-1

1985-86 Steaua Bucureşti Barcelona 0-0

1984-85 Juventus (winner) vs Liverpool 1-0
1983-84 Liverpool Roma 1-1

1982-83 Hamburg( winner) vs Juventus 1-0

1981-82 Aston Villa (winner) vs Bayern Munich 1-0

1980-81 Liverpool (winner) vs Real Madrid 1-0

1979-80 Nottingham Forest (winner) vs Hamburg 1-0

1978-79 Nottingham Forest (winner) vs Malmö FF 1-0

1977-78 Liverpool (winner) vs Club Brugge 1-0

1976-77 Liverpool (winner) vs Borussia Mönchengladbach 3-1

1975-76 Bayern Munich (winner) vs Saint-Etienne 1-0

1974-75 Bayern Munich (winners) vs Leeds United 2-0

1973-74 Bayern Munich Atlético Madrid 1-1

1973-74 Replay Bayern Munich (winner) vs Atlético Madrid 4-0

1972-73 Ajax (winner) vs Juventus 1-0

1971-72 Ajax (winner) vs Internazionale 2-0

1970-71 Ajax (winner) vs Panathinaikos 2-0

1969-70 Feyenoord Celtic 2-0

1968-69 Milan (winner) vs Ajax 4-1

1967-68 Manchester United (winner) vs Benfica 4-1

1966-67 Celtic (winner) vs Internazionale 2-1

1965-66 Real Madrid (winner) vs Partizan 2-1

1964-65 Internazionale (winner) vs Benfica 1-0

1963-64 Internazionale (winner) vs Real Madrid 3-1

1962-63 Milan (winner) vs Benfica 2-1

1961-62 Benfica (winner) vs Real Madrid 5-3

1960-61 Benfica (winner) vs Barcelona 3-2

1959-60 Real Madrid (winner) vs Eintracht Frankfurt 7-3

1958-59 Real Madrid (winner) vs Stade de Reims 2-0

1957-58 Real Madrid Milan (winner) vs 3-2

1956-57 Real Madrid (winner) vs Fiorentina 2-0

1955-56 Real Madrid (winner) vs Stade de Reims 4-3

http://www.360gistpilot.com/2017/06/uefa-champions-league-winners-since.html?m=1
Sports / Paris Saint-germain Name Antero Henrique As New Sporting Director by 360gistpilot(m): 9:36am On Jun 03, 2017
Paris Saint-Germain have announced the appointment of Antero Henrique as the club's new sporting director.

49-year-old was officially confirmed as the replacement for Olivier Letang on Friday, June 2nd.

Henrique, had previously worked as sporting director at Porto between 2005 and 2016.

He has been tasked with recruiting and developing "the stars of tomorrow" as PSG aim to claim back the Ligue 1 crown they lost to Monaco this season.

"I am extremely happy and honoured by the confidence [president] Nasser Al-Khelaifi has shown in me," Henrique told PSG's official website.

"Paris Saint-Germain has entrusted me with important sporting responsibilities and I intend to work hard to meet those expectations. I cannot wait to put my experience to good use for the club – that in just a few years, has become one of the best in Europe.

"My ambition, my motivation, is to work every day to create a winning dynamic able to keep Paris Saint-Germain at the highest level in the long term."

Al-Khelaifi added: "It is with great satisfaction that I welcome Antero Henrique to our club. Antero will bring his great knowledge and experience of football with him.

"We are confident in his capacity to help Paris Saint-Germain achieve the ambitious objectives that we set on and off the pitch.

"Our new sports director is a reference in his field in Europe. He has the personality and the ability to further develop the club as one of the most respected and high performing sports institutions in the world."

http://www.360gistpilot.com/2017/06/paris-saint-germain-name-antero.html?m=1

Sports / UEFA Champions League Final: Juventus Vs Real Madrid | Possible Line Ups by 360gistpilot(m): 9:00am On Jun 03, 2017
Real Madrid who are the holders of the trophy are set to make history.

Real Madrid will face Juventus in the UEFA Champions League final at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, Wales.

Juventus and Real Madridmeet in Cardiff final at 20:45CET on Saturday

Here Is A Possible line-ups:
Juventus:

Goal keeper: Buffon
Defenders: Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, Alex Sandro

Midfielders: Khedira, Pjanić; Dani Alves, Dybala

Forwards: Mandžukić; Higuaín.

Injuries: Sturaro (thigh), Pjaca (knee)Doubt: Rugani (leg)

Real Madrid:
Goal keeper: Navas

Defenders: Carvajal, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo

Midfielders: Modrić, Casemiro,Kroos, Isco
Forwards: Benzema, Ronaldo.

No Injuries

Key Facts:

Real Madrid aiming to become first team to retain UEFA Champions League

Real Madrid looking to win third title in four years

Juventus aiming for third European title, first since 1996

Bianconeri have lost their last four UEFA Champions League final.

http://www.360gistpilot.com/2017/06/uefa-champions-league-final-juventus-vs.html?m=1

1 Like

Sports / Monaco Players Dominate FIFA Ligue 1 Team Of The Season 16/17 by 360gistpilot(m): 8:15am On Jun 03, 2017
Ligue 1 champions, Monaco have dominated the FIFA 17 Ligue 1 Team of the Season.

The 19 years old star, Kylian Mbappe made the bench, as a total of six players from Monaco are named in the game's Ultimate Team.

Radamel Falcao, with 21 goals in 29 appearances, is joined by midfield pair Thomas Lemar and Bernardo Silva, as well as defensive duo Kamil Glik and Benjamin Mendy.

Danijel Subasic was named the best goalkeeper.

Close rivals, Paris Saint-Germain were represented by three players in the starting XI with Marco Verratti and Thiago Silva joining top goalscorer Edinson Cavani.

Also, Nice defender Ricardo Pereira and Lyon's striker Alexandre Lacazette complete the first team.

FIFA ULTIMATE TEAM OF THE SEASON -
LIGUE 1

Goalkeeper: Danijel Subasic (AS Monaco)

Defenders: Benjamin Mendy, Kamil Glik (both AS Monaco), Thiago Silva (Paris St-Germain), Ricardo Pereira (OGC Nice)

Midfielders: Marco Verratti (Paris St-Germain), Thomas Lemar, Bernardo Silva (both AS Monaco)

Strikers: Falcao (AS Monaco), Alexandre Lacazette (Olympique Lyonnais), Edinson Cavani (Paris St-Germain)

http://www.360gistpilot.com/2017/06/monaco-players-dominate-fifa-ligue-1.html?m=1

Sports / Mancini Named Zenit Manager For Next Two Years by 360gistpilot(m): 9:55pm On Jun 01, 2017
Russian club Zenit have confirmed the appointment of Roberto Mancini as their new head coach.

The former Manchester City coach has signed a two-year deal.

Recall that Mircea Lucescu departed the club last month after he lead Zenit to third place in the Russian Premier League and elimination from the last 32 of the Europa League.

Since Mancini was sacked by Manchester City in 2013, Mancini has led Galatasaray, winning the Turkish Cup, before returning to Inter in 2014..

http://www.360gistpilot.com/2017/06/mancini-named-zenit-manager-for-next.html?m=1
Sports / Re: Argentina Confirms Sampaoli As Head Coach by 360gistpilot(m): 9:44pm On Jun 01, 2017
Sports / Argentina Confirms Sampaoli As Head Coach by 360gistpilot(m): 9:43pm On Jun 01, 2017
Jorge Sampaoli has been named the new Argentina coach.

Sampaoli had weeks ago agreed to part ways with Sevilla.

He replaced Edgardo Bauza, who was relieved of his duties in April after less than a year in charge.

On Thursday, the first day Sampaoli was officially allowed to discuss terms with his home nation, the Argentine Football Association has confirmed he will be taking the job with immediate effect.

Sampaoli will be presented in his new role in a press conference scheduled later on Thursday at the AFA training facilities in Ezeiza, Buenos Aires.

The coach, 57, received his first taste of international football with Chile, lifting the Copa America.

He led Chile to the 2014 World Cup before sealing their first-ever major title the following year with victory in the Copa America.

He will play his first game in June 9, when he takes on rivals Brazil in a friendly to be played in Australia.

https://www.nairaland.com/newtopic?board=14

Sports / Friendly: Nigeria 3 Vs 0 Togo | Ahmed Musa Nets A Brace As Eagles Cruise by 360gistpilot(m): 9:02pm On Jun 01, 2017
Nigeria defeated Togo 3-0 in Paris on Thursday.

Gernot Rohr side played their second friendly match in preparation of qualifiers against South Africa on June 10.

Henry Onyekuru was benched after he was handed a starter in 1-1 against Corsica.

Meanwhile Olatunbosun Sikeru AMD6 Stephen Odey were dropped by the manager.

Alex Iwobi, Kelechi Ihenancho and Ahmed Musa lead the line for the Eagles.

The game witnessed the first goal in the third minutes after an Togo's goal keeper, Alassani spilled Iwobi's cross along Musa's path. The Leicester City forward slots in beautifully.

Ahmed Musa got his brace in the 17th minutes to make it 2-0 after an assist from Alex Iwobi with the second assist.

Kelechi Ihenancho made it three in the 27th minutes with an easy tap in. Etebo picked goalkeeper Alassani's pocket and laid the pass for the goal.

http://www.360gistpilot.com/2017/06/friendly-nigeria-3-vs-0-togo-ahmed-musa.html?m=1

Sports / 360 Official: Falcao Rewarded With New Monaco Deal by 360gistpilot(m): 8:41pm On Jun 01, 2017
RADAMEL FALCAO has signed a new Monaco deal after firing the Ligue 1 club to three title.

The former Atletico Madrid, Chelsea and Manchester United forward has signed a new contract until 2020.

The Colombian had scored 21 goals in 29 league games helping Monaco to their first top-flight title since 2000.

The Colombia star in the Champions League, scored seven times.

"I am happy to continue my adventure at AS Monaco," the club captain said in a statement.

"After this incredible season where I found all my motivation, I had only one desire: to prolong this beautiful story!

"I am confident that this project will be just as exciting next season with the desire to aim for the best."

http://www.360gistpilot.com/2017/06/360-official-falcao-rewarded-with-new.html?m=1

Sports / Official: Darren Fletcher Joins Stoke City From West Brom by 360gistpilot(m): 8:34pm On Jun 01, 2017
Scotland captain / Former Manchester United player, Darren Fletcher has agreed a two-year deal to join Stoke City.

Fletcher contract with West Brom expired and was not renewed.

The 33-year-old did not miss a top-flight game after joining Albion in February 2015, as he made 91 successive appearances under ex-Stoke boss Tony Pulis, who made him the captain for West Brom.

Fletcher won five Premier League titles, two EFL Cups, an FA Cup, the 2007-08 Champions League and the 2008 Club World Cup with Manchester United.

"It's all happened incredibly quickly, but I am delighted to be here," Fletcher told Stoke's official website.

"This is a fantastic club with a top manager and a great group of players and I am really looking forward to this opportunity.

"I loved every moment of my time at West Bromwich Albion and I loved every moment of my time with Manchester United, but this is a new challenge for me now, and I like to think I respond well to new challenges."

Stoke boss Mark Hughes is delighted to have made Fletcher his first capture after 13th-place finish in 2016-17.

"Darren is a person and a player that I have admired from afar for quite some time now, and I'm understandably delighted to have been able to bring him to the club," Hughes said.

"It goes without saying that he has enjoyed a distinguished career in the game, having helped Manchester United to win any number of trophies during his hugely successful time there.

"He has shown over the past two seasons that his qualities and appetite for the game haven't diminished in any way, and I believe that his experience and leadership qualities will significantly enhance us."

http://www.360gistpilot.com/2017/06/official-darren-fletcher-joins-stoke.html?m=1

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (of 8 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.