Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,889 members, 7,824,710 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

360gistpilot's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 360gistpilot's Profile / 360gistpilot's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (of 8 pages)

Sports / Tottenham Have Signed Eriksen's Replacement With Immediate Effect by 360gistpilot(m): 8:29pm On Jan 28, 2020
Spurs have signed Giovani Lo Celso from Real Betis Balompié to a permanent transfer.

According to reports gathered Lo Celso has signed a contract with the Club until 2025.

The midfielder season has been hindered at Spurs due to hip injury which restricted his playing time.

He has played 20 games for Tottenham in all competitions and registered two goals, including netting the first FA Cup goal at our new stadium against Middlesbrough earlier this month.

Earlier in the day, Christian Eriksen signed for FC Internazionale Milan.

Eriksen made 305 appearances for Spurs following his move from Ajax in August, 2013. The Danish also scored 69 times for the north London club.

https://www.reportminds.com/2020/01/tottenham-have-signed-eriksen.html?m=1

lalasticlala, seun, mynd44, dominique

Sports / Ajax Reacts After Eriksen Joins Serie A Giants by 360gistpilot(m): 8:08pm On Jan 28, 2020
Recall that Christian Eriksen join Inter for reported £17.5m deal until 2024.

The former club of the Danish were quick to react to the midfielder transfer to Serie A giants.
Recall that he won the Eredivisie with Ajax in 2010–11, 2011–12 and in 2012–13.

He later departed for Tottenham in August 2013 for a reported fee of around £11.5 million.

https://www.reportminds.com/2020/01/ajax-reacts-after-eriksen-joins-serie.html?m=1

Sports / Javier Hernandez Complete Switch To LA Galaxy In MLS From Sevilla by 360gistpilot(m): 12:07am On Jan 22, 2020
Former Manchester United and Mexican striker, Javier Hernandez is now the highest-paid player in Major League Soccer after agreeing a three-year deal worth £103,000 a week to join LA Galaxy from Sevilla.

According to Mail Online Sport, the deal is worth £8million - £3m more than Galaxy paid Villarreal for Giovani dos Santos in 2015.

The deal comes days after Galaxy boss Dennis te Kloese told Spanish newspaper Marca that he was interested in the 31-year-old.

Kloese said: 'We are going to try seriously to sign him, it would be a good deal for us.

After signing the Mexican today, Galaxy boss Dennis te Kloese in a statement said: 'Javier has consistently scored goals in top leagues throughout the world and has been his country’s most successful player over the last decade.

'He is a competitor who has proven success at the highest level and has scored the most goals ever of one of the best teams in Concacaf.

'We think he can be one of Major League Soccer’s best attacking threats and help our team in multiple ways.

'We are excited to bring Javier to Los Angeles and we look forward to him representing this city and our fans as a member of the LA Galaxy.'

The former Manchester United and Real Madrid striker who will now replace Swedish legend, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who moved to AC Milan, used Instagram to bid farewell to Sevilla.

He wrote: 'I say goodbye to a club where I was a short time, but enough to keep a special affection and know what it means in the world of football.

'It is a goodbye with nostalgia, because I am sure that if I had had more minutes, I would not have had to leave so soon. I just have to respect it. As a result, it has been decided that I could take this incredible opportunity to continue enjoying my passion. I leave calm and happy, because I gave everything for this club.

It is difficult to say goodbye to a city as incredible as Seville, but I say goodbye very grateful to her and all her people that from the second one they treated me very well.

'I want to thank all my colleagues, people who work throughout the club, coaching staff and especially Monchi; for all the help provided and for giving me the opportunity to belong to this club. I hope they achieve all the proposed goals and that the name of Sevilla FC continues to grow. See you forever!'

https://www.reportminds.com/2020/01/javier-hernandez-complete-switch-to-la.html

Cc lalasticlala, seun, mynd44, dominique

Sports / One Year After Death, Cardiff Pay Tribute To Sala by 360gistpilot(m): 11:36pm On Jan 21, 2020
Today marks a year since Emiliano Sala died In a plane crash.

Earlier today, Cardiff management, players and supporters paid tribute on the first anniversary of the striker's death.

Recall that the Argentinian forward died on January 21, 2019 when the plane carrying him from Nantes in France to his new club Cardiff crashed in the English Channel near Guernsey.

It was reported that the footballer's body was recovered from the wreckage, but pilot David Ibbotson, from Crowle, North Lincolnshire, has still not been found.

Cardiff manager Neil Harris, captain Sean Morrison and Sol Bamba were among those to attend a dedication service to Sala.

The memorial went down at St David's Cathedral in Cardiff city centre on Tuesday afternoon.

Sala who broke into limelight joined Nantes on a permanent basis in 2015.

He made more than 100 appearances in Ligue 1, before a move to Cardiff City in January 2019, for a club record fee of £15 million (€18 million).

https://www.reportminds.com/2020/01/one-year-after-death-cardiff-pay.html?m=1

Sports / Lampard Vs Arteta: The Battle Of The Rookies by 360gistpilot(m): 8:53am On Jan 21, 2020
Chelsea host Arsenal in the London derby at the Stamford Bridge on Tuesday.

The two sides have appointed their former players in Frank Lampard and Mikel Arteta as coaches.

Lampard succeeded Maurizio Sarri who joined Juventus from Chelsea while Arteta was appointed as Unai Emery successor following the Spanish boss sacking last year.

Arsenal are currently 10th on the league standing, while The Blues are 4th on log.

Chelsea will be looking to bounce back following a 1-0 loss to Newcastle last week away from home.

On the other hand, Gunners let their three points slip after Flec scored a leveller in the 83rd minutes for Sheffield United at the Emirates on Saturday.

Although, Arteta is yet to taste a defeat since his appointment, but has two victories, one I'm the league and one against Leeds in the 3rd round of the FA Cup.

Arsenal currently in race to qualify for top four after missing out on the UEFA Champions League for the past two seasons.

The match which kick off at 9:15pm GMT, sees Arsenal play without their captain Pierre Emerick Aubameyang due to red card received against Crystal Palace.

It seems to be a huge blow for Arsenal because, Alexander Lacazette is yet to find his scoring boot this 2020.

Although, Gabriel Martinelli scored the only goal in the draw against Sheffield.

Lampard who was given his first managerial position in May 2018, was at Championship side Derby County, last season, whom he led them to playoff final in his only season with the club.

While Arteta was an assistant under Pep Guardiola for two seasons at Manchester City.

The Arsenal job is the first managerial job for the former Everton boss.

Lampard won three Premier League titles, four FA Cups, two League Cups and both the UEFA Champions League and Europa League with Chelsea, while he was named the Premier League Player of the Season in 2004/05

Arteta was able to win the FA Cup back to back with Arsenal under Arsene Wenger. While he didn't win a silver ware in Everton.

Football fans, what are your predictions for this match?

https://www.reportminds.com/2020/01/lampard-vs-arteta-battle-of-rookies.html?m=1

Sports / €150m Real Madrid Star Yet To Full His Potential by 360gistpilot(m): 10:09pm On Jan 20, 2020
Eden Hazard is yet to show is full potential with the Los Blancos since his move in the summer from Chelsea.

The Belgian season so far has been haulted due to injuries, with Eden missing the first El Clasico of the season against Barcelona which ended in a goalless draw.

Recall that Hazard started his career in Lille under manager Rudi Garcia, making over 190 appearances.It was learnt that he won the Ligue 1 Young Player of the Year award, becoming the first non-French player to win the award.

In June 2012 Hazard signed for English club Chelsea, where he won the UEFA Europa League in his first season, League Cup and Premier League, Premier League, FA Cup, and finally Europa League again with Chelsea in June 2019.

In 2029, Hazard joined Real Madrid in a transfer worth up to €150 million.

Hazard has fallen under criticism by many fans of Real Madrid after he has made only eight appearances and scored just one goal.

The former Chelsea star, is currently wearing the Real Madrid jersey number 7, which was an iconic jersey worn by Raul Gonzalez and Cristiano Ronaldo.

Many have touted Hazard to succeed Ronaldo who left Zidane side to join Juventus in the Serie A.

This season, Real Madrid have won their first trophy following a victory in the penalty shoot out against Atletico Madrid in the Spanish Super Cup.

It was reported that Hazard missed the match, also didn't feature in weekend's 2-1 win against Sevilla at the Santiago Bernabeu.

Casemiro scored a brace which saw Real Madrid remian top of the league standing.

Will Hazard come back to his best in the second half of the season?

This question is left for Belgian to answer in on the pitch of play.

https://www.reportminds.com/2020/01/150m-real-madrid-star-yet-to-full-his.html?m=1

Sports / Liverpool Haven't Won The League Yet - Salah Says After Win Against Man Utd by 360gistpilot(m): 8:53pm On Jan 19, 2020
Liverpool cannot afford to think that they have won the Premier League in January, warned Mohamed Salah, after the Reds extended their lead at the summit with their win over Manchester United.

"I think we just need to keep [our] focus on each game," he told Sky Sports after the match. "We don't have to think that now we've won the Premier League or whatever, no.

"We just need to take it game by game. I think that's the only way we can win the Premier League. We struggled last season at the same time so we have to keep calm and just focus on each game.

Captain Jordan Henderson concurred, adding: "There are a lot of games left. We’ve taken it game by game for a long time now and it’s put us in good stead so there’s no need to change."

Liverpool dominated for long periods at Anfield but until Salah's strike deep in injury-time, the hosts ran the risk that they may walk away with just a point as United threatened an equaliser.

Henderson admitted that he felt his side - who saw a Roberto Firmino strike ruled out by VAR in the first half - should have put the game to bed early on, but paid additional tribute to the home fans for their support.

"The crowd were unbelievable again today but for us as players, it’s the next game and the next challenge," he added.

"The Premier League is tough, there are some tough teams, Man Utd played well at times today but overall, I felt we deserved the three points.

"1-0 is a dangerous scoreline, we know that from the Spurs game. I feel as though we should have killed the game off earlier with the chances that we had but we kept going, defended well and managed to get the second.

"It is special and we’re enjoying our football but you’ve got to stay hungry, keep learning, keep wanting more and this group of players wants to do that.

"The manager’s on us all the time to improve and we know that we can. It’s about every single day, keep going until the end of the season."

https://www.reportminds.com/2020/01/liverpool-havent-won-league-yet-salah.html?m=1

Sports / Romelu Lukaku Shares Photos Of His New New Apartment, Fans Reacts by 360gistpilot(m): 2:48pm On Jan 19, 2020
Inter Milan striker Romelu Lukaku has moved to a new house and took time to show off his new bed.

The former Manchester United player, last week bought two luxury apartments in City Life, a new district near the San Siro, Milan, according to Belgian newspaper Het Nieuwsblad and didn't waste time showing off his new massive bed.

The 26-year-old shared two photos on Instagram of him lying under the huge covers with the caption: 'New apartment, new bed.'

Lukaku's followers didn't waste time to seemingly poke fun at him with some saying the bed is big enough for over 10 people while defender Andrea Ranocchia commented: 'Is it for 15 people?'

Former Everton goalkeeper Joel Robles, who played with Lukaku during the striker's four years at Everton also joked: 'Bed for seven?'

https://www.reportminds.com/2020/01/romelu-lukaku-shares-photos-of-his-new.html?m=1

Sports / List Of Richest Football Clubs In The World by 360gistpilot(m): 2:37pm On Jan 19, 2020
Barcelona has emerged as the world’s most wealthy football club for the first time in history.

Barcelona took over Real Madrid for the first time to become the third club to lead the Deloitte Football Money League, which highlighted how the world’s 20 biggest clubs generated a record combined income of £8 billion from the 2018-19 season.

In London, Tottenham overtook Arsenal and Chelsea to become the capital’s biggest-earners, mainly due to Spurs’ broadcast revenue from the Champions League run that saw them reach 2019’s Madrid final.

Manchester United are the third-richest club in the list with revenues of €711.5m, with neighbours City clocking in at €610.5m and Liverpool closely following as England’s third most lucrative club on €604.7m

Her is the list of the top 10 richest clubs in the world according to Deloitte below.

1. Barcelona – €840.8 million EUR (approximately $936 USD)
2. Real Madrid – €757.3 million EUR (approx. $842 million USD)
3. Manchester United – €711.5 million EUR (approx. $792 million USD)
4. Bayern Munich – €660.1 million EUR (approx. $735 million USD)
5. Paris Saint-Germain – €636 million EUR (approx. $707.8 million USD)
6. Manchester City – €610.6 million EUR (approx. $680.9 million USD)
7. Liverpool – €604.7 million EUR (approx. $674.4 million USD)
8. Tottenham Hotspur – €521.1 million EUR (approx. $581.2 million USD)
9. Chelsea – €513.1 million EUR (approx. $572.2 million USD)
10. Juventus – €459.7 million EUR (approx. $512.7 million USD)

https://www.reportminds.com/2020/01/list-of-richest-football-clubs-in-world.html?m=1

Sports / Arsenal Star Player Wore Hoodie Worth 8.5 Million Naira by 360gistpilot(m): 2:30pm On Jan 19, 2020
SUSPENDED Arsenal star Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang was spotted sharing laughs with Matteo Guendouzi and snapping selfies with fans at the Emirates today in an £18,200 mink hoodie.

The luxurious Louis Vuitton garment can be found on the famous brand's website for the eye-watering sum.

The site describes the white and blue number by saying: "This Monogram Mink Fur Zipped Hoodie offers a luxurious take on the House’s Monogram signature.

"The iconic motif features as an intricately handcrafted patchwork, created using the intarsia technique.

"The piece is tailored in a regular fit and lined in shirting fabric, with two slit pockets and one pocket on the inside."

The American mink, a mammal, often has their fur used for clothing, and the subject has been the cause of much controversy and frustration for animal welfare groups.

Louis Vuitton's website describes the hoodie as "100% mink".

Aubameyang sported the outfit as he arrived to watch his side in action against Sheffield United in North London.

And the suspended skipper was all smiles as he made time for fans that had taken to their seats early for the match.

Teenage sensation Gabriel Martinelli was handed a start in the 30-year-old's absence.

And the Brazilian, 19, took full advantage of his first-team chance, bagging the game's opener on the stroke of half time.

And he is likely to get more chances, with Aubameyang set to miss two more games banned.

Martinelli could start as Arsenal travel to Stamford Bridge to face Chelsea on Tuesday night, before the Gunners travel to Bournemouth in the FA Cup.

https://www.reportminds.com/2020/01/arsenal-star-player-wore-hoodie-worth.html?m=1

Sports / 52 Years Old Kazuyoshi Miura Extend Contract With Yokohama by 360gistpilot(m): 9:18am On Jan 11, 2020
Yokohama FC have extended the contract of 52-year-old Kazuyoshi Miura for another season. Yokohama FC were promoted to J1 after finishing runner-up to the J2 last season and the young legend will join the club in the top flight next season.
rB8ApF4ZTayAePe0AAFKckMDe-8810.jpg
"I have also extended my contract with Yokohama FC for the 2020 season," Miura said. "now I am working hard every day, enjoying football and feeling grateful. I will continue to work hard to help the team win more games."

Born on February 26, 1967, Kazuyoshi Miura plays as a forward. He is 177cm tall and weighs 72kg. Miura played in the J1 league in 1993 and was named MVP of the year.
Last season, he made three appearances in the J2 league, which ended with a 2-0 victory over FC Ehime in Yokohama.

https://www.reportminds.com/2020/01/52-years-old-kazuyoshi-miura-extend.html?m=1

Cc lalasticlala seun mynd44

Sports / Ronaldo Voted 12th In Fifa's Team Of The Year, See Full List by 360gistpilot(m): 9:10pm On Jan 10, 2020
Cristiano Ronaldo has been voted as the 12th Team of the Year player for FIFA 20.

After the FIFA 20 Team of the Year being revealed, the 12th player has been also revealed as Cristiano Ronaldo is voted as the man.

The full XI
Goalkeeper: Alisson

Defenders: Robertson, De Ligt, Van Dijk, Alexander-Arnold

Midfielders: Kante, De Jong, De Bruyne

Forwards: Mane, Mbappe, Messi

The 12th player: Ronaldo

https://www.reportminds.com/2020/01/ronaldo-voted-12th-in-fifa-team-of-year.html

Sports / Klopp Wins Back To Back Manager Of The Month Of December by 360gistpilot(m): 8:26pm On Jan 10, 2020
Jürgen Klopp has been awarded the Premier League Manager of the Month accolade for December today.

According to reports gathered, It’s the fourth time in 2019-20 the boss has claimed the prize.

Former Borussia Dortmund boss have won it in August, September and November.

Klopp oversaw another flawless month for Liverpool in the Premier League as they opened up a 13-point lead at the top of the table.

The Reds sealed wins against Everton, Bournemouth, Watford, Leicester City and Wolverhampton Wanderers in the division.

Klopp pipped Watford's Nigel Pearson and Manchester United's Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to the prize – the seventh time he has collected it during his Anfield tenure.

https://www.reportminds.com/2020/01/klopp-wins-back-to-back-manager-of.html?m=1

Cc lalasticlala seun

Sports / Good News For Man Utd Fans, Teemu Pukki To Miss Trip To Old Trafford by 360gistpilot(m): 5:33pm On Jan 10, 2020
Teemu Pukki will miss Norwich City’s trip to Manchester United on Saturday.

According to reports gathered,the Norwich firnt man is set to miss the game with a hamstring problem.

The Finn sat out last weekend’s FA Cup victory over Preston North End and has failed to recover from the problem in time for the Old Trafford trip.

Daniel Farke said Pukki could return to team training next week and be available for City’s home game against Bournemouth on January 18.

Also, striker, Josip Drmic will also miss the game with his own hamstring problem.

Meanwhile, Ralf Fährmann has shaken off a groin problem and will travel with the squad. Jamal Lewis and Grant Hanley are minor doubts after suffering with illness earlier on in the week but the City boss says both will make the trip.

Longer-term absentees Timm Klose and Ben Godfrey (both knee) are still unavailable but Farke said a return for Godfrey to team training could happen next week.

https://www.reportminds.com/2020/01/good-news-for-man-utd-fans-teemu-pukki.html?m=1

Sports / Tottenham Confirm Kane Has Been Ruled Out Until April, Set To Undergo Surgery by 360gistpilot(m): 6:33pm On Jan 09, 2020
Tottenham have confirmed Harry Kane will undergo surgery on his ruptured tendon.

According to reports gathered, the English striker won't return to training until April.

Recall that Kane was substituted after he pulled his harmstring in the 1-0 loss to Southampton last week.

The Spurs official website said on a announcement:

"Following ongoing assessment by our medical staff over the past week, we can confirm that Harry Kane will undergo surgery to repair a ruptured tendon in his left hamstring."

"The striker suffered the injury during our Premier League fixture against Southampton last week and specialists have advised surgery after further review of the injury."

"The decision to undergo surgery is not expected to impact the timeframe that the England captain will be sidelined, with the expectation that he will return to training in April."

Sports / Pictures From Isaac Promise Burial, No NFF Delegate Attended To Pay Last Respect by 360gistpilot(m): 1:56pm On Jan 09, 2020
The funeral of Isaac Promise, the former Nigeria youth captain, took place in the south-eastern town of Umudim, Ohekelem, Imo State.

Promise, 31, died of a suspected heart attack in early October in the United States, according to American second-tier side Austin Bold.

Clad in black, the family gathered three months after his death to attend the burial ceremony.

Despite representing his country at all youth level, he was buried in a low-key ceremony with a no-show from top Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) officials.

"We sent out the programme in December, but there was no representative from the football community," a family member told Opera News.

"Imagine a former captain of Nigeria and there was no NFF representatives among the audience, and not even a former teammate.

"This is another lesson for footballers, you are only important when you are actively involved in the game because no one cares after your career is over."

Promise is survived by his wife Kate and three children.

Captain of the Nigeria side that won a silver medal at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, he represented the West African nation at the under-17, under-20 and under-23 categories.

He scored both goals in a 2-0 win over Egypt in the final to help his country to continental success at the 2005 African U-20 championship in Benin.

A product of Grays International school in Kaduna, he also helped Nigeria to a runners up finish at the Fifa U-20 World Cup later that year.

He spent much of his career in Turkey, with Trabzonspor, Manisaspor and Antalyaspor among his former clubs, and also had a brief spell in Saudi Arabia with Al-Ahli.

Promise was posthumously voted Forward of the Year by fans of American USL side Austin Bold in late November.

Theatre of unrealised dreams: At 16,Isaac Promise had a trial at Manchester United, along with fellow Nigerian John Mikel Obi, but he was unsuccessful.

https://www.reportminds.com/2020/01/pictures-from-isaac-promise-burial-no.html?m=1

Sports / NFF Representatives Betrayed Asisat Oshoala At 2019 CAF Awards Voting by 360gistpilot(m): 10:27pm On Jan 08, 2020
More details have emerged as regards the voting pattern from the various representatives across Africa during the Confederation of African Football Awards which held on Tuesday in Cairo.

In documents released, CAF published the details of the voting process that saw to the emergence of Asisat Oshoala as the 2019 African Women’s Player of the Year for the fourth time while Sadio Mane was crowned the African Male Player of the Year.

It will be noted that for both the Men’s and Women’s Player of the Year, the first phase of voting was done by CAF Technical & Development Committee, legends, media and tech experts, coaches and captains of the associate countries of CAF while the voting for the second phase was done by head coaches/Technical Directors of CAF member associations and captains of CAF Member Associations.

The first phase of voting was done with 30 names on the shortlist for Men’s African Player of the Year and 10 in the women’s category while voting in the second phase was done with just the three finalists in both categories.

The three Nigerian media men that voted are Osasu Obayiuwana, a member of the NFF Reforms Committee who voted Oshoala third in his choice of five. His first choice was Malawian footballer with Jiangsu Suning in the Chinese Women’s Super League, Tabitha Chawinga.

Another Nigeria, Chisom Mbonu Ezeoke also voted Malawi’s Chawinga first, while Oshoala got her vote for a second place. The third Nigerian who voted on the platform of media is Tunde Adelakun who had Cote d’Ivoire’s Ange N’Guessan in the first position followed by Nigeria international Uchenna Kanu, South African midfielder Refiloe Jane, Oshoala and Kgatlana.

Among the legends, Perpetua Nkwocha, a former Super Falcons player voted Oshoala last, giving her just a point while giving her valuable five points to Cameroon’s Ajara Nchout. Despite the fact these Nigerians failed to vote for her as their first choice, Oshoala made up with votes from other countries to emerge winner with 351 votes as against 321, 247 votes recorded by Nchout and Kgatlana respectively.

Meanwhile, the Minister of Youth and Sports, Sunday Dare has eulogized Oshoala on her award as African Women’s Footballer of the year.

In a congratulatory message on twitter, Dare said “Congratulations to Nigeria’s Asisat Oshoala, Barcelona star for winning the CAF Women footballer of the year award. She represents the best in Nigeria’s female soccer.

In the same vein, former sports minister, Solomon Dalung in his own message said “This award is a reflection of your resilience and contribution to the growth of football in the country. You’re truly a shining star. “To whom more is given, more is expected, so having won this award several times, you’re expected to set the tune of exemplary leadership in women’s football. I urge you to inspire and bring hope to young girls in Nigeria who see you as a role model. May your light never grow dim”, Dalung said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/how-nigeria-betrayed-oshoala-in-2019-caf-awards.html

16 Likes 2 Shares

Sports / Leicester City Set To Miss Wilfred Ndidi Until January Due To Surgery by 360gistpilot(m): 10:13pm On Jan 08, 2020
Leicester City title hopes have suffered a major blow after Wilfred Ndidi is set to undergo surgery.

According to reports, the injury will keep him out of action until February.

The Foxes currently sit second in the Premier League. The 23-year-old has featured for the Foxes 23 times this season, scoring two goals.

The Super Eagles star joined from Genk in January 2017.

His absence will be a major blow for Leicester City’s manager Brendan Rodgers.

Speaking before his side’s Carabao Cup semi-final clash against Aston Villa, the former Celtic manager confirmed Ndidi took a knock in training and will have to undergo surgery.

“Wilf took a knock in training yesterday, which unfortunately means he might need a slight operation tomorrow. That’ll put him out for a few weeks, but it’s not overly serious, so hopefully, going into February, he’ll be fit and ready to go again.”
https://www.reportminds.com/2020/01/leicester-city-set-to-miss-in-form.html?m=1

3 Likes

Sports / Mctominay Pictured On Crutches After Injury (photos) by 360gistpilot(m): 8:12pm On Jan 08, 2020
Manchester United midfielder Scott McTominay was pictured wearing a knee brace on his right leg and using crutches.

According to reports gathered, he continues his rehabilitation from injury.

Recall that the Scotland international is currently absent for United after he suffered an injury playing against Newcastle on Boxing Day.

McTominay is set for a hefty spell on the sidelines after sustaining a knee injury last month.

The 23-year-old was spotted in Hale Village, Cheshire, on Wednesday afternoon with his dad Frank.

Speaking earlier in the month Solskjaer confirmed United will be without McTominay 'for a few months' following his recent injury setback.

https://www.reportminds.com/2020/01/mctominay-pictured-on-crutches-after.html?m=1

Sports / Grateful To Have Won Women's Best Player 4 Times - Asisat Oshoala Reacts by 360gistpilot(m): 1:30am On Jan 08, 2020
Asisat Oshoala Was named the women's best player in Africa by the Confederation of African Football, CAF.

The 2019 CAF Awards went down last night in Egypt.

It has been a record of four times for Asisat as the Best Player in women's category in the CAF Awards.

Although the Super Eagles and Barcelona forward wasn't present at the award ceremony.

It was gathered that the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF, president Amaju Pinnick picked up the award for Asisat.

The Nigerian striker has since expressed her joy of winning the award for the fourth time, as she thanked her team-mates in club and country as well as her country and club, Barca. She finally thanked the organizers of the award, CAF.

Taking to her social media after she was announced the winner of the prize, she tweeted:

Grateful to be African Women’s Player of the year for the 4th time. Thank God, my Family, Friends and Fans for the support. Big shoutout to my club , my management , team mates at both national team and club level and of course thanks to @CAF_Online for the opportunity ❤️❤️��

https://www.reportminds.com/2020/01/grateful-to-have-won-women-best-player.html?m=1

Sports / Anthony Joshua In A Shirtless Photo, Hangs Out Mistery Lady by 360gistpilot(m): 10:14am On Jan 03, 2020
Anthony Joshua took time out to enjoy the New Year with a family trip to Barbados.

He strolled along the beach with a female companion on Thursday afternoon.

Although, the identity of the lady is yet to be disclosed.

The two-time heavyweight champion, 30, flaunted his muscular physique and sported a pair of bright blue swim shorts while larking around on the shoreline.

Joshua has been enjoying the break with his relations, and shared a post earlier in the day which said he was 'hanging out with the queens of his family'.

It is therefore possible that the unknown woman he was enjoying some downtime on the beach with is a member of the Joshua clan.

The duo laughed and joked as they strolled along the shoreline together, with Joshua sweetly wrapping his arm around her shoulders at one point.

Joshua's beach buddy rocked a blue bikini, consisting of a sporty-style top half teamed with a pair of matching bottoms with yellow detailing.

https://www.reportminds.com/2020/01/anthony-joshua-shows-off-his-physique.html?m=1

Sports / Zlatan Ibrahimovic Officially Signs Six-month Contract With Milan by 360gistpilot(m): 7:10pm On Jan 02, 2020
Mario Mandzukic admits “not playing was something new for me, but I’ve been a warrior all my life” as he leaves Juventus for Al-Duhail.

The ex-Croatia international has now signed for Al-Duhail SC in the Qatar Stars League and held a presentation press conference.

“I had plenty of time to reflect on all the offers that I received and my long professional career in Europe made me think seriously about seeking another environment to continue working,” said the 33-year-old.

“I want to thank the Al-Duhail Sports Club, because I’ve had a wonderful few days so far and received help from them both on and off the field. I immediately felt at home and that’s a very good sign for me.

“I also got to see Medhi Benatia again, who is a marvellous player and person. His presence here is very useful for me.”

Mandzukic has not played since May 2019, as he was cut out of the Juventus squad by new coach Maurizio Sarri, not taken into consideration even after refusing summer transfers.

It was an unfortunate end to the experience in Turin after four-and-a-half years.

“Not playing was something new for me, but I’ve been a warrior all my life, so I fought hard to stay in shape. Obviously, I need to get to know my teammates, but I do feel good and kept myself on form,” noted Mandzukic.

“I don’t like to talk about the past, so let’s look to the future. I said everything I wanted to on social media and don’t want to repeat myself.”

The Croatian did reject suggestions he clashed with Cristiano Ronaldo in training.

“Everyone knows he is an incredible player and works so hard on improving himself. I really enjoyed playing with him, as we understood each other perfectly.”

https://www.reportminds.com/2020/01/zlatan-ibrahimovic-signs-six-month.html?m=1

Sports / Stoke City Midfielder Oghenekaro Etebo Joins Getafe On Loan by 360gistpilot(m): 6:25pm On Jan 02, 2020
Oghenekaro Etebo has joined Spanish Laliga side Getafe on a loan deal till the end of the season from English Championship side Stoke City.

It has been gathered that the Super Eagles midfielder has struggled to get sufficient game time since the appointment of Michael O’Neil as coach in November despite recovering fully from an injury he had earlier.

He last played for the team in October when he limped out of a defeat against Sheffield Wednesday.

The loan deal will give Getafe the option of making the deal permanent in the summer.

Although he likely to miss this weekend game against Real Madrid due to boss issues.

Etebo who was voted Stoke City player of the season last year will now have his second spell in Spain after playing on loan to Las Palmas from CD Feirense two seasons ago.

https://www.reportminds.com/2020/01/stoke-city-midfielder-oghenekaro-etebo.html?m=1

Sports / Referee Craig Pawson Dropped After Failing To Send Jorginho Off Against Arsenal by 360gistpilot(m): 11:55am On Dec 31, 2019
Craig Pawson will not take charge of any Premier League game in Matchweek 21.

According to the schedule of match officials published on Monday, Pawson will be at the Emirates Stadium as a fourth official.

Pawson will be returning to Arsenal’s home ground for the second time in three days, after failing to send Jorginho off as the Gunners lost 2-1 to Chelsea.

Jorginho who had already been booked, clearly pulled back Matteo Guendouzi as the midfielder broke away, but Alexandre Lacazette instead received a yellow card.

Arsenal will play Manchester United on New Year Day, hoping to climb out of the bottom half of the table.

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/12/epl-referee-craig-pawson-dropped-after.html?m=1

1 Like 1 Share

Sports / Man Utd Star, Rashford Donates Food & Gifts To Kids' Home On Christmas (photos) by 360gistpilot(m): 8:58pm On Dec 30, 2019
Marcus Rashford has shown his caring side after he donates food and drinks to Manchester's homeless this Christmas.

It was learnt that the United star launched the "In-the-Box" initiative to help those that needed it most over the festive season.

The 22-year-old linked up with Selfridges to launch the campaign which saw him team up with some of the city's biggest homeless shelters - Barnabus, Centrepoint and Lifeshare.

Rashford has already scored 16 times for Mamch United this season with a goal in the club's 2-0 win at Burnley on Saturday.
The England international delighted many of his fans with his contribution off it as well after revealing the success of his Christmas campaign.

He wrote on Instagram: "Very proud of what we achieved with #intheboxmanchester this year but also didn’t want to forget my roots at Christmas so really happy our family was able to ship donations to St Christopher’s Children’s Home in Saint Kitts and to see them arrive before the 25th.

"My Nana Cillian Henry lived in Haynes Smith village before she passed away and it means a lot to be able to do this in her memory.

"Hope everyone on the island has a great new year!"

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/12/man-utd-star-rashford-donates-food.html

Sports / Davido, Mayorkun & Henry Oyekuru Inks Mouth Watering Deal With Sport Brand by 360gistpilot(m): 6:33pm On Dec 30, 2019
‪As the Super Eagles forward continues to build a solid reputation as a stellar goal scorer, it is with excitement that Plug entertainment announce that the Nigerian professional footballer, Henry Onyekuru – who plays as a forward for Ligue 1 side As Monaco – has signed a brand management deal with Plug Sports.‬

‪Plug Sports, a subsidiary of the Plug Entertainment (founded by Bizzle Osikoya and Asa Asika), is involved in the management of sports talents.

The parent company, Plug Entertainment, operates as a music management, music publishing and licensing, and music distribution company. They work with some of the biggest talents in the world including Davido, Peruzzi, Mayorkun.‬

‪The partnership, which was facilitated by Prokicks UK limited, a company based in United Kingdom, was signed on December 26, 2019 at the Plug Office, Lagos, Nigeria. Plug Sports is delighted to have Henry Onyekuru as one of their esteemed clients. They are looking forward to taking Henry Onyekuru’s career to the next level and establishing a mutually beneficial relationship.

They also used the opportunity to announce Lanre Vigo as their head of the sports department.

‪As the Super Eagles forward continues to build a solid reputation as a stellar goal scorer, it is with excitement that Plug entertainment announce that the Nigerian professional footballer, Henry Onyekuru – who plays as a forward for Ligue 1 side As Monaco – has signed a brand management deal with Plug Sports.‬

‪Plug Sports, a subsidiary of the Plug Entertainment (founded by Bizzle Osikoya and Asa Asika), is involved in the management of sports talents.

The parent company, Plug Entertainment, operates as a music management, music publishing and licensing, and music distribution company. They work with some of the biggest talents in the world including Davido, Peruzzi, Mayorkun.‬

‪The partnership, which was facilitated by Prokicks UK limited, a company based in United Kingdom, was signed on December 26, 2019 at the Plug Office, Lagos, Nigeria. Plug Sports is delighted to have Henry Onyekuru as one of their esteemed clients. They are looking forward to taking Henry Onyekuru’s career to the next level and establishing a mutually beneficial relationship.

They also used the opportunity to announce Lanre Vigo as their head of the sports department.

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/12/davido-mayorkun-henry-oyekuru-inks.html?m=1

Sports / Ronaldo Thanks Family After Winning Globe Soccer Awards' by 360gistpilot(m): 6:19pm On Dec 30, 2019
Cristiano Ronaldo was voted the Best Men's Player of 2019 after winning this award for consecutive three times in 2016, 2017, 2018. After picking up the award in Dubai, he posts this photo on Instagram with caption: “Always with me �‍�‍�❤️”.

The Portuguese scored 39 goals in this year, amounting to a 555-goal record in the recent decade. His family are always behind him and give him support.

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/12/ronaldo-reacts-after-winning-globe.html?m=1

Sports / New Borussia Dortmund Signing, Haaland Handed Aubameyang's Jersey No by 360gistpilot(m): 5:30pm On Dec 30, 2019
Dortmund just confirm that their new signing Erling Haaland will wear the No.17 shirt for the rest of the season.

Dortmund posts the poster on their official twitter account to announce the shirt number of their new signing: "Our number 17 �"

The Norwegian sensation, linked with Manchester United, Juventus and RB Leipzig among others, will join his new team-mates on January 3 after moving for a reported £18 million ($23.5m).

Haaland said when interviewed:“This is my favorite number.”

Dortmund's No. 17 shirt used to belong to Arsenal & Gabon star Aubameyang.

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/12/new-borussia-dortmund-signing-haaland.html?m=1

Sports / Fernandinho, Laporte, Bernardo, Gundogan Leads Man City Stars Tributes To Arteta by 360gistpilot(m): 1:14pm On Dec 21, 2019
Manchester City players have poured out their tributes to former assistant, Mikel Arteta.

Arteta has moved on after two years at the Etihad Stadium under studying Pep Guardiola to become the head coach of Arsenal.

He reportedly signed a three years deal with the North London outfit as he takes over from Unai Emery who was fired due to poor results last month.

After Emery was fired as manager, Freddie Ljungberg took over as the interim manager and assisted by Per Mertesacker.

Arsenal travel to face Everton on Saturday afternoon in the early kick off.

It has been learnt that Freddie Ljungberg will be incharge of the game as Mikel Arteta is expected to resume duty as the coach on Sunday 22nd December 2019.
Arteta won the Premier League (twice) FA CUP and League Cup while he was an assistant at Manchester City.

He captain Arsenal to lift the FA CUP back in 2016.

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/12/fernandinho-laporte-bernardo-gundogan.html?m=1

Sports / Fred Is Utd's Fastest Player So Far In 2019-20 Ahead Of Rashford & James by 360gistpilot(m): 12:16pm On Dec 21, 2019
Manchester United midfielder Fred is the club's fastest player of the 2019-20 campaign to date, breaking Marcus Rashford's previous record.

Fred was clocked sprinting at 37.29 kilometres per hour during the 1-1 draw against the Toffees - a mark which now stands as the No.1 speed that has been registered in United’s Premier League fixtures this term - as confirmed by the club's official website .

Rashford had previously held the record after reaching a speed of 36.32 km/h against Crystal Palace back in August.

Welsh winger Daniel James has been United's fastest player in seven of his 17 appearances, while Jesse Lingard was able to outdo his team-mates in the speed rankings against City with a 34.43 km/h sprint.

Fred, meanwhile, will be back in contention for a spot in Solskjaer's starting XI when the Red Devils take in a trip to Vicarage Road on Sunday.

A win over Watford could see United close the four-point gap between themselves and Chelsea, who currently occupy the final Champions League spot and face Tottenham later in the day on Sunday.

Solskjaer will then prepare his squad for a Boxing Day meeting with Newcastle at Old Trafford, with a tough away fixture against Burnley set to follow two days later.

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/12/fred-is-man-utds-fastest-player-so-far.html?m=1

Sports / Chelsea Unveil New Kit To Celebrate 50th Anniversary Of 1st FA Cup Win In 1970 by 360gistpilot(m): 10:31am On Dec 21, 2019
Chelsea Football Club will celebrate 50 years since our first FA Cup triumph in 1970 with an anniversary shirt commemorating an iconic moment in the Blues’ history.

Having drawn against Leeds United in the 1970 FA Cup final’s first match, for what proved to be a successful replay Chelsea adopted yellow socks and yellow trim on the blue shorts, a change from our traditional white socks and trim in order to avoid colour clashes with the opposition. To complete the look we adopted a golden lion badge to be in keeping with the rest of the trim detail.

Paying tribute to this moment from the rich heritage of the club, this crest from 1970 final replay has been brought back with this commemorative kit, replicated through a modern silicone execution. The jersey itself is royal blue throughout, while yellow comes through with the shorts trim, badge, socks and even the players’ numbers – matching the colourway of the original.

It is also the first time a tonal Nike swoosh and partner branding that blends into the colourway itself has been adopted for a truly authentic modern-day jersey. Chelsea sends a special thank you to our club partners Yokohama and Hyundai for their support with the design.

Mason Mount, who is looking to help Chelsea to a ninth FA Cup, is honoured to pay homage to those before him. He said: ‘It’s a classy, stylish and sophisticated shirt, a great way of remembering the iconic team of 1970 that paved the way for the successes of today. We know fans of all ages are going to love its simple design.’

The kit will be on pitch for the third round FA Cup tie against Nottingham Forest at Stamford Bridge on 5 January and is available to buy on 2 January from the Stamford Bridge Megastore and chelseamegastore.com

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/12/21/iconic-fa-cup-anniversary-shirt-unveiled

3 Likes 2 Shares

Sports / EPL: What Wenger Did To Me - Arsenal Manager, Mikel Arteta by 360gistpilot(m): 10:22am On Dec 21, 2019
New Arsenal manager, Mikel Arteta has disclosed that the opportunity to coach the club would not have been possible were it not for the vision of former Gunners boss, Arsene Wenger.

Arteta, who played under Wenger at Arsenal between 2011 to 2016, and went on to captain the club, thanked the Frenchman for helping his dream come true.

The 37-year-old stated this during his official unveiling on Friday.

Recall earlier reported that Arsenal on Friday confirmed Mikel Arteta as their new manager.

Arteta signed a three-and-a-half-year contract, to replace Unai Emery.

“Well, when I was playing in England I started to realise what Arsenal meant,” said Arteta.

“Obviously I was born in Barcelona and the club which had the most similar style and most similar values and ambition, it was Arsenal.

“I always talked to the people around me that I had a dream and it was to play for this football club.

“There was one man and his name was Arsene Wenger who believed in me and gave me the opportunity to play for this club.

“And after that he made me captain of this football club and I wouldn’t be sitting here if he didn’t have the vision to give me the opportunity to enjoy this incredible football club.”

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/12/epl-what-wenger-did-to-me-arsenal.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (of 8 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.