Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. (27440 Views)

This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos / How Much Will It Cost To Finish This Building Please? (pics) / Please Help Appraise/vet This Building Cost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by chuksjuve(m): 1:42pm On Feb 05, 2017
For your landscape and beautification services...
Chukkyconcepts Landscape & Beautifications will help add value to your propery through the range of gardening services we provide..

Thank you
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by agarawu23(m): 2:00pm On Feb 05, 2017
HazzanTazzan:

Bros u simply know nothing or little abt how much building materials cost these days...

That house will cost nothing less than 6 million to flooring and tiling... (Low budget materials)

Well, building a house is scary if u haven't done it yourself or handle one. No matter the price of materials, 3.5m will build and roof this house. I ain't talking about flooring or tiling yet.

unipol:

My dear check the recent market prices. A bag of cement is now 2,400 and a trip of sharp sand is now 9,000. How can 3.5million be able to finish the building.

I didn't talk about finishing, read my post well. I am just encouraging the op to start from somewhere cos that money will go far.

The pictures below is a foundation of 3 bedroom flat, I haven't spend up to 200k o and it includes clearing, cement (2500#) granite, sharp sand, 500 blocks workmanship and other expenses.

The building will get to roofing level if I pour another 600-700k there. Roofing will cost not more than 1.2m . I am just giving and example since structures aren't the same.

Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by Nobody: 2:07pm On Feb 05, 2017
thuggCheetah:
Put d bathrooms inside d rooms plz
Seconded..
Op your plan is kinda old school.
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by Gesd(m): 2:13pm On Feb 05, 2017
Nice design but ur lobby *is too jam parked* *it will be very dark* n ur store is after thought* not bad contact an Architect for more info 08189728491.
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by emekaRaj(m): 2:23pm On Feb 05, 2017
MatinoOnoja:
i humbly request for professional and constructive critics from experts in this forum. my budget is 3.5million naira and this is going to be my first personal building project. the land is 45ft by 100ft, very flat & dry. my friend (civil Engr) used power point to make the sketch for me. he`s okay with my decision to seek more inputs from this forum. thanks in advance.

If you want a honest advice, u need a redesign of ur plan, dnt mind ppl saying it's OK they dnt hav experience.

I dnt even knw where to start from, everything is wrong with this design of which most of has already been point by others.

But I will like to see d living room moved to d right side, d master bedroom closer to d parlour guest room to d back
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by topetalks(m): 3:10pm On Feb 05, 2017
HarunaWest:

This is a poor design.Lemme state my reasons.
1.Lobby has neither access to light or wind.
2.You cross ventilated a guest room,and in room 2 only one window was provided.
3.The position of the kitchen is funny.The orientation should be changed.
4.In this modern times,all rooms are built ensuite.
5.No guest bathroom.
Biko i know the engineer is your friend.But please reach out to an architect,let them draft you contemporary 4 bedroom design cos it might look fine in paper,but when they commence building,even you will notice the fvck up..By then you can do little or nothing to change it. You can drop your mail,i would sketch and send you the kind of Contemporary design you should request from your architect. Takia

Now an expert is talking, please listen to this advice, and tell your civil engr friend that he should learn to design with AutoCAD or hook me up to teach him, tell him I won't take too much cash, I understand the economy
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by Pchizy: 3:15pm On Feb 05, 2017
Want to ask, "what if the D2 of both Bedroom 1&2 & T/B Door are opened simultaneously?
I guess there would be a collision or hitch.

The Store can moved closer the right perspective of the kitchen, W for the store, likewise the kitchen.

Translucent roof can be used for the Lobby.

Am not Archy, my suggest
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by opribo(m): 4:03pm On Feb 05, 2017
That lobby must always have a light on else it will be too dark even in the day time then that toilet window near the veranda may be very discomforting when someone who ate beans and 'ekpa' decides to use it when others are having a good meal in the dining, consider relocating it to the front.
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by alstacs(m): 4:14pm On Feb 05, 2017
dayleke:

Mynd44,
I thought the same thing too but the guest room is ensuite.
Check out the top right corner of the guest room that says "T&B"..,,
what about guests/visitors that just come to visit without having access to the guest room?
they will need a toilet...
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by alstacs(m): 4:17pm On Feb 05, 2017
awoban:
First u need to change the architect, get a seasonal ones.
The lobby is too poor, no body will approve that. The toilets are too small, the Master bathroom is the worst. The store is not illuminated. Bellow average
it is not my house and I am not into building but I think this comment will be a more useful feedback if it is constructive.
identify what is wrong, give reason why it is wrong, then give suggestions.
This will encourage the OP better than get him depressed. pls help him.
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by HarunaWest(m): 4:21pm On Feb 05, 2017
MatinoOnoja:
matinoonoja@yahoo.com. thanks alot
Sent it
TOOLBOX
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by HarunaWest(m): 4:22pm On Feb 05, 2017
scobyy2007:
Please can you drop a sketch of 3 bedroom bungalow at larrypizzu@gmail.com

SENT IT.
TOOLBOX
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by HarunaWest(m): 4:23pm On Feb 05, 2017
keleto:
[You can equally send to me too. I need it much.
Raphdouglas@yahoo.co.uk

quote author=HarunaWest post=53430213]
5.No guest bathroom.
Biko i know the engineer is your friend.But please reach out to an architect,let them draft you contemporary 4 bedroom design cos it might look fine in paper,but when they commence building,even you will notice the fvck up..By then you can do little or nothing to change it. You can drop your mail,i would sketch and send you the kind of Contemporary design you should request from your architect. Takia
SENT IT
Toolbox
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by iphethemie: 5:29pm On Feb 05, 2017
MatinoOnoja:
i humbly request for professional and constructive critics from experts in this forum. my budget is 3.5million naira and this is going to be my first personal building project. the land is 45ft by 100ft, very flat & dry. my friend (civil Engr) used power point to make the sketch for me. he`s okay with my decision to seek more inputs from this forum. thanks in advance.
..take the line relationship into consideration,and I think if it's just a there bedroom,there should be a a cross ventilation for all rooms and each room should at least have a it's lav..
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by tksina(m): 7:05pm On Feb 05, 2017
@OP, I'm working on something similar to this, inbox me on admin@goshen-technologies.com to give you the plan.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by stancydg: 7:13pm On Feb 05, 2017
Good you sought for advice early enough and from what I have read so far, I believe you know it is best to consult an architect. We are trained to design, and that's why we are referred to as the chief consultants.

All other professionals work based on the architect's instruction. That said, my observations are as follows:

1. Lobby not lit and ventilated.
2. Store wrongly positioned, not lit and ventilated.
3. Bedroom 2, not cross ventilated.
4. Kitchen position, a bit awkward
5. Guest convenience missing.

Suggestions:
1. A redesign is required
2. A MLP(Material and labour cost) should be done by your new project consultant, if you can't afford to pay for a professionally done BOQ by a quantity surveyor.
3. New consultant should be a 'Design and Build Architect', who has experience in building and knows what is realistic on site and not just paper works.

Regarding your budget, the MLP will give you an idea but if it is just about getting your building to habitable standards without the luxury of great finishes like expensive tiles, stone coated roof tiles, turkey doors etc and depending on the location of your site, we can help you SACK YOUR LANDLORD to that extent, with about 4.5M and you get your roof done but with long span aluminum sheets, locally made(but strong and fine) iron doors for entrance and exit, locally made(but fine) wooden doors for interior spaces, aluminum sliding windows.

This package excludes painting, tiling(except for toilets), landscaping, fencing etc. Call 07034643328(Whatsapp)/ 09076151101 for further details.

God is on your side.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by HazzanTazzan(m): 7:43pm On Feb 05, 2017
agarawu23:

Well, building a house is scary if u haven't done it yourself or handle one. No matter the price of materials, 3.5m will build and roof this house. I ain't talking about flooring or tiling yet.

I didn't talk about finishing, read my post well. I am just encouraging the op to start from somewhere cos that money will go far.

The pictures below is a foundation of 3 bedroom flat, I haven't spend up to 200k o and it includes clearing, cement (2500#) granite, sharp sand, 500 blocks workmanship and other expenses.

The building will get to roofing level if I pour another 600-700k there. Roofing will cost not more than 1.2m . I am just giving and example since structures aren't the same.

Ok Mr ENGR ...
For this age that we are, I'm sure the OP isn't gonn use rooting slate for that house ...
I bliv he will go for either aluminium long span or step tiles...

Carcas for that house alone with workmanship is abt 550k if he sees a moderate carpenter ...

Long span roofing with workmanship and logistics will cost not less than 1.2M...
If he chooses aluminium step tiles, that's about 1.5M or more ..
If he chooses stone coated, that's 2M or more ...

Also I noticed ure using 6" blocks even for external walls... Nawa

Stop deceiving urself oga ENGR
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by agarawu23(m): 8:06pm On Feb 05, 2017
HazzanTazzan:

Ok Mr ENGR ...
For this age that we are, I'm sure the OP isn't gonn use rooting slate for that house ...
I bliv he will go for either aluminium long span or step tiles...

Carcas for that house alone with workmanship is abt 550k if he sees a moderate carpenter ...

Long span roofing with workmanship and logistics will cost not less than 1.2M...
If he chooses aluminium step tiles, that's about 1.5M or more ..
If he chooses stone coated, that's 2M or more ...

Also I noticed ure using 6" blocks even for external walls... Nawa

Stop deceiving urself oga ENGR
stop quoting figures bro if u haven't build one yet, try the practical and see things for yourself. Good night smiley
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by beevee1: 9:08pm On Feb 05, 2017
MatinoOnoja:
can putting some transparent blocks or a window in dat location a good option?
Reposition the Toilet and Bathroom in the masters to the top right end of the room and put the transparent blocks there to illuminate the lobby.
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by HazzanTazzan(m): 10:49pm On Feb 05, 2017
agarawu23:
stop quoting figures bro if u haven't build one yet, try the practical and see things for yourself. Good night smiley

You will never stop being a jerk...
For ur info, I've built more than one and those figures are from a recent project almost completed
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by hjedua(m): 11:00pm On Feb 05, 2017
misterawo:

This is my problem with most of the building designs in Nigeria. They hardly factor in the issue of ventilation. Most buildings have poor ventilation, let alone cross-ventilation.
Considering the harsh weather condition and epileptic power supply in Nigeria, our design s must have to take these factors into consideration. you are right!
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by smokey12345: 1:37am On Feb 06, 2017
There are better ways of criticizing design. instead of saying poor design you can easily say you can do better..
HarunaWest:

5.No guest bathroom.
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by Haddock(m): 1:47am On Feb 06, 2017
My advice

1. Connect the Living Room with the Lobby for easy egress using an arch doorway.

2. Remove the door of the Guest Room from the Dining Room and transfer it to Entrance (let the Guest Room be accessible from Entrance alone)

3. Introduce a Veranda in front between Living Room and Entrance

4. Transfer the Store door from Kitchen to Lobby, directly opposite Dining arch doorway

Good luck.
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by Abudu2000(m): 6:25am On Feb 06, 2017
HarunaWest:

5.No guest bathroom.
Oga this recession doesn't allow for that, a friend of mine built this exact plan and they are happy in it, building is not like phone or laptop bro, anyhow it is one will surely adapt, so if the OP can't see it that way then I'm sure he's not really ready to build,
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by MatinoOnoja(m): 8:13am On Feb 06, 2017
Haddock:
My advice

1. Connect the Living Room with the Lobby for easy egress using an arch doorway.

2. Remove the door of the Guest Room from the Dining Room and transfer it to Entrance (let the Guest Room be accessible from Entrance alone)

3. Introduce a Veranda in front between Living Room and Entrance

4. Transfer the Store door from Kitchen to Lobby, directly opposite Dining arch doorway

Good luck.
how can ur sugestion #3 be done.
HarunaWest:

Sent it
TOOLBOX
i have seen it. thanks
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by MatinoOnoja(m): 8:22am On Feb 06, 2017
Pchizy:
Want to ask, "what if the D2 of both Bedroom 1&2 & T/B Door are opened simultaneously?
I guess there would be a collision or hitch.

The Store can moved closer the right perspective of the kitchen, W for the store, likewise the kitchen.

Translucent roof can be used for the Lobby.

Am not Archy, my suggest
there won`t be any collision, the doors will open into the rooms & T/B.

Thanks for your inputs.
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by divined147: 3:47pm On Feb 06, 2017
I have a plot of land at 120 by 55, Can you sketch a beautiful design that can be on it, 2bedroom flats in 6, 3 AT THE TOP and 3 beLOW, I will be glad with payment. 08062135413
Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by shuni05: 7:45pm On Feb 10, 2017
As I've read from earlier comments you can actually find better designs and then modify it with your engineer. I found my design here and modified it with an Architect. They also have 3d View where you can actually walk through the house and see how it looks when it's finished.

http://hotondo.com.au/3d-explore/nsw/

Re: Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. by MatinoOnoja(m): 8:42pm On Feb 21, 2017
Hello great Minds, After putting your suggestions/recommendations into consideration, and not forgetting the size of my land (45ft x 105ft), we came up with this plan. i'm yet to give the plan to the builder, so i (still) humbly covet your views on this plan. i intend starting the project first week of April. thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Now In Nigeria: Foreign Quality Building Finishing (With Pix) / The Flood That Led To The Demolition In Mende / The Plain Truth On Solar Power (shocking)!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.