Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? (25344 Views)

Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says / Should A Man Who Is A Born-Again Christian Be A Gynaecologist? / Why Are Christians Such Liars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Feb 05, 2017
Hero144:
There is "time" for everything under the sun, time for peace, time for war, time to be born, the time to die, we need to have understanding of time.

We don't need to preach planting in the "time" of harvest
Sons of Isachar have understanding of "time" in the bible
In other words, do as you please, whenever it suits you.
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by zionmade(m): 12:03pm On Feb 05, 2017
ollah1:

How dare you term what millions believe in as useless. Perhaps your own faith is also useless and death penalty awaits your if you cross to the other side. Don't be a dunce.

If u guys dnt want ur useless religion to be insulted den stick to ur useless thread. Thank God we are not even allowed to comment there. So if u are ready to poke nose be ready to collect insults to ur useless Rubbish religion.
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by oteneaaron(m): 12:04pm On Feb 05, 2017
Cusdamato:
theres nothing like unconditional love sir jesus neva gave no uncoditional love to us it is humans like u that is misexplainin such word

Hahahaha.....you should listen to yourself...hahahaha

...don't make jesus cry abeg.....

Go google what--unconditional love- means....and compare it with the Love you should show as a Christain.....

Kai.....guy you are very funny...... grin cheesy tongue

1 Like

Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by oteneaaron(m): 12:05pm On Feb 05, 2017
joyeSeraph:
In other words, do as you please, whenever it suits you.

You're really giving these peeps a hard time....

Most Christians need to go back to sunday school.... tongue
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Mrbllymer: 12:05pm On Feb 05, 2017
HardMirror:
The days of fighting physical battles is over, in fact if the bible is to be followed, it is even a sin to take vengeance in any form. The New testament makes it clear that gone are the days of an eye for an eye. It is the age of turning the left cheek when the right cheek is slapped. It is an age of fighting with spiritual weapons. It is an age of evangelism and not warfare.

There seems to be Absolutely NO REASON why a christian should be a soldier. Jesus would certainly from at any of his sheep throwing bombs at souls he created.

What are your thoughts on this?

Can a soldier indeed go to heaven if killed in warfare? Can a christian be a soldier?

IS THERE ANY TIME A CHRISTIAN IS PERMITTED TO KILL? CAN A CHRISTIAN KILL IN SELF DEFENSE?

Let me sight a scenario here and ask for your opinion, you are a Christian married with wives and children, one night thieves entered your home and you are entitled to a gun, what will you do?? Watch the thieves molest your wives, steal your belongings because you are Christian.. My brother that's stupidity of the highest order.. Even the bible said, thieves comes to kill, to destroy.

Do soldiers kill innocents? What are the aims of terrorists? To play with you, wife and your kids? I believe if most Christians and moslems have this kinda thought and act likewise, Guessing you'd be alive to ask this kinda question?
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by chijioke17(m): 12:08pm On Feb 05, 2017
HardMirror:

Scriptures?
Cos I don't think so. Every murderer will go to hell. Whose orders should a christian follow? God or man? Jesus would NEVER permit a man to kill another man.

Why I love Jehovah witnesses. They don't have any business with politics or military.
That's a big lie,my uncle is a strong jwit and is affiliated with all military and paramility organizations
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Cusdamato(m): 12:10pm On Feb 05, 2017
joyeSeraph:
Heyy, Cusdamato, where is the addition?Trying to redefine Christianity now? -Well, that's quite ambitious. Not a bad thing. You can burnish it and get rid of the toxic ideas that currently define it.

You can just rewrite the Bible. FINITO.

But, dear bro, Christianity, as it is now, demands that you LOVE your enemies. Did you forget, sir? What else qualifies as UNCONDITIONAL♡❤‿❤♡ LOVE? Don't be so quick to accuse others of lying. Don't be like Jesus, bro. grin

Now, I demand that you apologize for your unjustified crimination against me. tongue
hehehehe ok my dear joye i humbly apologise 4 the wrong accu7ation b4 i be sued on a 1 count charge nd den fined by the nairaland highcourt in this tym of recession, lol do we have an understanding?
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Orikinla1: 12:16pm On Feb 05, 2017
Father Abraham was a warrior.
Prophet Moses was a Commander-in-Chief leading the Jews, the Chosen people of Almighty God JEHOVAH to victorious battles.
King David was the slayer of the giant Goliath and thousands of the Philistines and other enemies of Israel.
Our Almighty God JEHOVAH is the mightiest one in battle - El Shaddai, אֵל שַׁדַּי‎‎,
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by DrogoG(m): 12:16pm On Feb 05, 2017
HardMirror:
The days of fighting physical battles is over, in fact if the bible is to be followed, it is even a sin to take vengeance in any form. The New testament makes it clear that gone are the days of an eye for an eye. It is the age of turning the left cheek when the right cheek is slapped. It is an age of fighting with spiritual weapons. It is an age of evangelism and not warfare.

There seems to be Absolutely NO REASON why a christian should be a soldier. Jesus would certainly from at any of his sheep throwing bombs at souls he created.

What are your thoughts on this?

Can a soldier indeed go to heaven if killed in warfare? Can a christian be a soldier?

IS THERE ANY TIME A CHRISTIAN IS PERMITTED TO KILL? CAN A CHRISTIAN KILL IN SELF DEFENSE?

If you want to wait for our imaginary god to defend you, good luck to that.
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by dalaman: 12:17pm On Feb 05, 2017
stonemasonn:
There's nothing idiotic about Jesus's teachings, it is actually the only solution to the world's problems; impossible yes or almost, but idiotic no!

It is idiotic. The world will crumble if anybody tries to follow the impossible pacifism advocated by Jesus. No body practices because it is idiotic and impossible. Go to the churches no pastor preaches and practice any of the main pacifism thought by Jesus . The pastors and christians love talking about how their religion is love and other nonsense but they NEVER practice it.
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Cusdamato(m): 12:18pm On Feb 05, 2017
oteneaaron:

Hahahaha.....you should listen to yourself...hahahaha

...don't make jesus cry abeg.....

Go google what--unconditional love- means....and compare it with the Love you should show as a Christain.....

Kai.....guy you are very funny...... grin cheesy tongue
yes im a comedian bros theres nothin like unconditional love in this it does not exist oga nero make pipol no deytalk wetin jesus no talk ooo pipol tryin to help jesus talk his message more than him
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by dalaman: 12:18pm On Feb 05, 2017
princetom1:

Gets ur facts right, Jehovah witnesses during WW1 and WW2, comes to mind, they are being persecuted in some countries even up till now, for reasons like, not joining military, not going to war, not partaking in politics and so on. Get ur facts right

Go slap a Jehovah witness and see if he will turn the other cheek. Take his shirt and see if he will give you his coat .
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Feb 05, 2017
Going by the teachings of Christ, a Christian cannot be a soldier.
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Feb 05, 2017
zionmade:

If u guys dnt want ur useless religion to be insulted den stick to ur useless thread. Thank God we are not even allowed to comment there. So if u are ready to poke nose be ready to collect insults to ur useless Rubbish religion.

It's obvious you are demented. I hope someone close to you speedily helps before its turns out mission impossible. I ll remember you in my prayers tho.

Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by oteneaaron(m): 12:22pm On Feb 05, 2017
Cusdamato:
yes im a comedian bros theres nothin like unconditional love in this it does not exist oga nero make pipol no deytalk wetin jesus no talk ooo pipol tryin to help jesus talk his message more than him

Hahaha.....
Let me help you...

According wikipedia.....---"Unconditional love is known as affection without any limitations or love without conditions. This term is sometimes associated with other terms such as true altruism or complete love."

You see the concluding part??....

Or are you saying Jesus said christians should love, half-heartedly??
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Feb 05, 2017
Cusdamato:
hehehehe ok my dear joye i humbly apologise 4 the wrong accu7ation b4 i be sued on a 1 count charge nd den fined by the nairaland highcourt in this tym of recession, lol do we have an understanding?
grin cheesy We're good bro... wink
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by princetom1(m): 12:25pm On Feb 05, 2017
dalaman:

Go slap a Jehovah witness and see if he will turn the other cheek. Take his shirt and see if he will give you his coat .

At least he wount kill u with a Gun. By d way, wats wrong with u, to just slap somebody for no reason?

I have seen them endure more than ur mere slap, wen they are preaching. For Goodness sake, Jesus words to turn oda cheek means, not to retaliate. If its more than slap, u can run or wave it like u are Jackie chan grin
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by princetom1(m): 12:30pm On Feb 05, 2017
dalaman:

It is idiotic. The world will crumble if anybody tries to follow the impossible pacifism advocated by Jesus. No body practices because it is idiotic and impossible. Go to the churches no pastor preaches and practice any of the main pacifism thought by Jesus . The pastors and christians love talking about how their religion is love and other nonsense but they NEVER practice it.

Hmnnn... U know one wen u see one. Limited sight and over sabi too much. Just because is hard for u doesn't mean its hard for another person. Use family where love reside as example, everything always work out, bcoz on love , every oda things hang, like understanding, comunication, forgiveness, etc
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Feb 05, 2017
thornapple:
Going by the teachings of Christ, a Christian cannot be a soldier.
O, Datura stramonium....... Bless you. smiley

For this, you deserve an apple without thorns. wink
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by sooperrescue(m): 12:32pm On Feb 05, 2017
Romans 13 v 1-7 gave us an insight to what we have overlooked. The minister of God is not the pastors alone, but the policeman, soldier, judge. A judge will pass judgement and it will come to pass. A policeman will kill robbers and they will be commended for that act. A soldier can kill in the war and nothing will be charged against him. These are the real ministers of God, permitted by God to do all these acts. But when they err because of the authority given to them, they are punished like those accidental discharges that is common among policemen, or those the army termed friendly fire. A civilian that kills another civilian will be dealt with by the police and the judge. When it comes to the issue of fulani herdsnen and boko boys, yes, a christian can kill to defend his people. The Israelites always go out to fight those that encamp against them. Elijah killed the prophets of baal. Samson, even when he lost his hair and power, killed a lot of his captors. But a christain is not permitted to kill anyone for any reason except to save his life from those that want to attack him

1 Like

Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Cusdamato(m): 12:32pm On Feb 05, 2017
oteneaaron:

And you're a christian, born again and crazy in love with Jesus right??..

TYPICAL.

You call another man a goat.....and you claim to love your neighbor as ur self......OGA....go hide your head in the sand....

Ask yourself.....WHAT WOULD JESUS DO? grin tongue
hehehehehe my brother otenero if it was my jesus i know wat he would do my jesus would rebuke him or probably pursue him wit koboko afterall jesus ran mad one day carry koboko flog flog plus pursue people fadas comot from temple, especially those ibo pipol that were turnin his temple to aba market
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by bobbybrown007: 12:33pm On Feb 05, 2017
Thou, shall not kill.
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by mack111(m): 12:34pm On Feb 05, 2017
-

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by uchwar1: 12:35pm On Feb 05, 2017
HardMirror:

Scriptures?
Cos I don't think so. Every murderer will go to hell. Whose orders should a christian follow? God or man? Jesus would NEVER permit a man to kill another man.

Why I love Jehovah witnesses. They don't have any business with politics or military.
read your bible properly. are u not ashamed of this write up? when there is crisis within your viscinity someone like u will be first to take refuge in any police stn or barrack. pls stop this
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Mrbllymer: 12:36pm On Feb 05, 2017
HardMirror:
I remember an incidence, I was still a christian then. I told an elderly man that Jesus can't be happy with soldiers, the man realizing that christians wld be defenseless without the military rushed to defend "christian" soldiers, but I noticed his defense was not based on the bible but fire of how vulnerable christians are without the military. It is obvious than man made all these laws and God has nothing to do with christianity.
1 Samuel 17, David fighting the philistine killing goliath..

1 Samuel 15: 2-3, God ordering them to kill amalek for what they did to Israel

Jeremiah 48-10

Jeremiah 15- 1-4.. Backing of war and fighting

Joshua 8: 1-29 God ordering joshua to take his army and killl
Joshua 6: 20-21 taking over and killing in jericho

Judges 20:48

Read this and TemmE your observation once you are done
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Feb 05, 2017
joyeSeraph:
I do, my good bro. Kindly provide them.

[/b]1. After the flood, God gives authority to man to punish murder. This authority was formerly exercised by God
[b]
“Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed, for God made man in his own image. Gen 9:6

[/b]2. God gives Israel authority to exterminate false religion and his proponents. Remember God did this directly in Egypt during the plague [b]
When the Lord your God brings you into the land where you are entering to possess it, and clears away many nations before you…you shall utterly destroy them. You shall make no covenant with them and show no favor to them. Furthermore, you shall not intermarry with them…. For they will turn your sons away from following Me to serve other gods. Deut 7:1

[/b]3.Jesus does not ask soldiers to leave their profession but not to misuse or overthrow authority[b]
"Soldiers also asked him, “And we, what shall we do?” And he said to them, “Do not extort money from anyone by threats or by false accusation, and be content with your wages.” Luke 3:14

[/b]4. God warns that this Delegated authority bears consequence. The sword will be decisively in carrying out God's will. [b]
"for he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer" Rom13:4

You will remember that Cornelius the Centurion received the Holy Spirit as a man under arms. God is not a pacifist, peace will come in the end, but for now God will use intermediaries to maintain the balance among nations. Were a soldier to receive orders that violate his conscience such as the cold blooded murder of unarmed civilians, he has a higher duty to God. At that moment, the person who gave th order is acting ultra vires his authority. But war against terrorists or a belligerent country - for sure, the Christian soldier can fight.

What I have written is normally used by atheists as evidence that the God of scripture is not kind or merciful, but rather he is vindictive and contradictory. But this is simply because they project unto God their own imagination of what goodness is. God's view is that from Eden, no one deserves by right to live " all have sinned and come short.." Everyone lives by grace. Everyone even those who do not believe. The right to call time on life is entirely within God's sovereignity. The end is ultimately worth the pains of this hour

Please feel free to clarify any of the issues raised.

1 Like

Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Cusdamato(m): 12:42pm On Feb 05, 2017
oteneaaron:

Hahaha.....
Let me help you...

According wikipedia.....---"Unconditional love is known as affection without any limitations or love without conditions. This term is sometimes associated with other terms such as true altruism or complete love."

You see the concluding part??....

Or are you saying Jesus said christians should love, half-heartedly??
no but he meant we should love both wit our hearts nd with our heads we should love wholeheartedly but we should also love wit wisdom christians ought to be wise like jesus neva to be foolish in love afterall even papa paul in the bible talked love that worketh in wisdom .... you knw wat i mean
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Cusdamato(m): 12:45pm On Feb 05, 2017
joyeSeraph:
grin cheesy We're good bro... wink
yeea bless u bro
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by oteneaaron(m): 12:50pm On Feb 05, 2017
Cusdamato:
no but he meant we should love both wit our hearts nd with our heads we should love wholeheartedly but we should also love wit wisdom christians ought to be wise like jesus neva to be foolish in love afterall even papa paul in the bible talked love that worketh in wisdom .... you knw wat i mean

So in vein with not been "foolish in love"..(your words)......are you saying Christians Should kill,maim and destroy??
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by logica(m): 12:52pm On Feb 05, 2017
Christian soldiers are not supposed to fight; when you are shot in the left cheek, you turn the right one...I speak of butt. tongue
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by OOOS: 12:52pm On Feb 05, 2017
Stupedinluv:
Christians shouldn't kill.
Christians shouldn't join the army.

Christians have been separated from the state.

The state has been established to perform its earthly duty. And protect its citizens.

Everyone must obey the state and pray for it.

Christians are called out for no flesh or physical battle.

Our weapon is the word of God and prayer for we wrestle not against flesh and blood bla bla bla

I totally agree with you that christians shouldn't kill, but there are exceptions, when defending yourself, that could be unavoidable. Can Christians join the army? Deuteronomy 20: 1-4. I don't see anything wrong in it. If everyone claims their religion doesn't support them so they can't join, pls who will? Who will defend their territory from opperesors and aggressors? I bet you and I won't live to practice that religion.
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Cusdamato(m): 12:57pm On Feb 05, 2017
mack111:
I read comments on why a Christian shouldn't fold his arms and watch his family being slaughtered, all cos he's a Christian. No one will actually sit back and watch. Does this not tell you there is no one up there protecting your family, no sky daddy and it's up to you to save your family and nation.

A God that can't protect his people. Even worship centres are under lock and keys, cos a thief might come steal the music instruments. Gigantic burglary which can be likened to kirikiri prison. Lolzzz.

I have concluded a long time ago that the Bible was written by fvckards, retards and idiotsss. There is nothing Godly about the Bible. God is still a misery and another misery is why the/those retard(s) wrote the Bible. In my opinion, it's more of an history book.

We better contribute our quota in dechipering the misery of our existence rather than enrich a hand full of self acclaimed prophets of the Creator.
cheeii anoda lost fellow again butlemmehelp

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Family Of Francis Atsu Vondee Ebony's Bodyguard To Visit Shrine Over Son’s Death / The Ancestral Curses / RCCG 2024 Prophecies By Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.