Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,127 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? (25479 Views)

Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says / Should A Man Who Is A Born-Again Christian Be A Gynaecologist? / Why Are Christians Such Liars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by oteneaaron(m): 10:48am On Feb 05, 2017
joyeSeraph:
Lol......

The comments so far PROVE that Christians are a confused set of people, or rather contemptible hypocrites, extremely dishonest, proficient at cherry-picking from their contradictory religious text, and fond of Orwellian doublethink.....

One begins to wonder if they really believe as they claim.

Haha...

Christendom, is sadly loosing it's touch on her members...........

Christians declare their Faith only on Sundays........
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 05, 2017
HardMirror:

Scriptures?
Cos I don't think so. Every murderer will go to hell. Whose orders should a christian follow? God or man? Jesus would NEVER permit a man to kill another man.

Why I love Jehovah witnesses. They don't have any business with politics or military.
The Israelis that were fighting during war should be hell by now right?
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Life4Varnity: 10:49am On Feb 05, 2017
HardMirror:

Scriptures?
Cos I don't think so. Every murderer will go to hell. Whose orders should a christian follow? God or man? Jesus would NEVER permit a man to kill another man.

Why I love Jehovah witnesses. They don't have any business with politics or military.

But on the other side nko ? You didn't live them abi

Ok Continue
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Nobody: 10:49am On Feb 05, 2017
Godlychild:
You can as well ask will lawyers go to heaven because they know the truth some tea yet defend you and lie in doing that. Soldiers kill the enemies...those who are threat to national peace. It's a job but i will not take up such job as a Christian.
In other words, bro?
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by princetom1(m): 10:50am On Feb 05, 2017
dalaman:
Christians know[b]very well that the idiotic pacifism thought by Jesus is impossible. They can't ever follow his teachings. They just love to tall about how the Jesus talk about love[/b]. They will tell you that you are to love your enemies, love your neighbors as your self, turn the other cheek and the other nonsense Jesus said they should do that they NEVER follow. They only talk about it. Jesus went as far as saying that if a person takes your shirt you are to give him your shirt. He encouraged his followers to run away when prosecuted instead of fighting back.

The new testament is filled with idiotic pasifism that no christian ever follows. They NEVER follow it. They only keep repeating it like robots. They know very well that it is all nonsense and impossible to follow any of the nonsense Jesus said. That's why I can see felixmor and malvisguy212 crying baa baa baa, meh meh meh without using the bible to support anything they are saying. If it were another topic they'll be throwing bible verses at you like some deranged goats now all they can do is cry baa baa baa, meh meh meh.

Gets ur facts right, Jehovah witnesses during WW1 and WW2, comes to mind, they are being persecuted in some countries even up till now, for reasons like, not joining military, not going to war, not partaking in politics and so on. Get ur facts right
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by stonemasonn: 10:51am On Feb 05, 2017
dalaman:
Christians know very well that the idiotic pacifism thought by Jesus is impossible. They can't ever follow his teachings. They just love to tall about how the Jesus talk about love. They will tell you that you are to love your enemies, love your neighbors as your self, turn the other cheek and the other nonsense Jesus said they should do that they NEVER follow. They only talk about it. Jesus went as far as saying that if a person takes your shirt you are to give him your shirt. He encouraged his followers to run away when prosecuted instead of fighting back.

The new testament is filled with idiotic pasifism that no christian ever follows. They NEVER follow it. They only keep repeating it like robots. They know very well that it is all nonsense and impossible to follow any of the nonsense Jesus said. That's why I can see felixmor and malvisguy212 crying baa baa baa, meh meh meh without using the bible to support anything they are saying. If it were another topic they'll be throwing bible verses at you like some deranged goats now all they can do is cry baa baa baa, meh meh meh.
There's nothing idiotic about Jesus's teachings, it is actually the only solution to the world's problems; impossible yes or almost, but idiotic no!
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Nobody: 10:52am On Feb 05, 2017
oteneaaron:

Haha...

Christendom, is sadly loosing it's touch on her members...........

Christians declare their Faith only on Sundays........
Only on Sundays!!! sad

You garrit, bruv wink

1 Like

Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by princetom1(m): 10:54am On Feb 05, 2017
asuustrike2009:

The Israelis that were fighting during war should be hell by now right?

Please, u guys should understand the bible, simple difference between old testament and new testament, una no sabi. Not everything that was practiced in old testament is practical again, since Jesus died on the cross and he taught these things too
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by oteneaaron(m): 10:55am On Feb 05, 2017
joyeSeraph:
Only on Sundays!!! sad

You garrit, bruv wink

cool
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by OBAGADAFFI: 10:55am On Feb 05, 2017
Murder is the unlawful killing of another human without justification or valid excuse, especially the unlawful killing of another human being with malice aforethought

Soldiers are going to war or peace keeping are not commiting murder.
Their are rules of engagement in every battles.

Nairaland, Seun and his fight against Christians is self inflating.
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by ayleclanche: 10:56am On Feb 05, 2017
The writer is so dumb that he can't differentiate killing in battle and murdering. Once a soldier is on a battle field in as much he didn't kill a non combatant there is no sin there. Do you think everything in the world can be handle peacefully?
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Nobody: 10:56am On Feb 05, 2017
felixomor:

The title of the thread.
Try again..
Wonder why a Christian's on Nairaland at this time?

Has church really gotten so boring?
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Nobody: 10:56am On Feb 05, 2017
princetom1:

Please, u guys should understand the bible, simple difference between old testament and new testament, una no sabi. Not everything that was practiced in old testament is practical again, since Jesus died on the cross and he taught these things too
They're still in vogue. Stop selecting the ones that suit you same with the witnesses
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Cusdamato(m): 10:56am On Feb 05, 2017
HardMirror:

Ask yourself, what would Jesus do? As a christian, you have no business killing anyone not even in self defense. Seems you don't read your bible.
where in the bible that says a christian should offer himself to be slaughtered like chickens abiiii...., tell me more
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by princetom1(m): 10:56am On Feb 05, 2017
joyeSeraph:
Lol......

The comments so far PROVE that Christians are a confused set of people, or rather contemptible hypocrites, extremely dishonest, proficient at cherry-picking from their contradictory religious text, and fond of Orwellian doublethink.....

One begins to wonder if they really believe as they claim.

Too bad, its being generalized
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by princetom1(m): 10:58am On Feb 05, 2017
asuustrike2009:

They're still in vogue. Stop selecting the ones that suit you same with the witnesses

Ha ha ha, u should still be killing rams, cows and so on to wash away ur sins then, bcoz that too is in old testament
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Scalord: 10:58am On Feb 05, 2017
joyeSeraph:
I enjoyed this....

So, my friend, may I ask, if you get a divine revelation from God, telling you to go and slaughter your mum, this very minute, will you go ahead to carry out the act, in accordance with the divine commandment?

If you are a christian then i should redirect that question to you. I am a rational being that has switched back to default mode: Atheism. So i would way it on the strength of evidence and conclude that you are no less crazy than your Papa Abraham that planned to kill his only son.

But am sure if a RCCG indoctrinated dude hears that from papa Adeboye.. he would pray about it and probably start hearing voices from his head urging him on..... citing bible passages from Abraham, David etc stories.....that is revelation isnt it?
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by zionmade(m): 10:59am On Feb 05, 2017
robbinn:
as we don't have any right to kill... in the Bible also GOD didn't forgive Cain when he killed abel.God Can only take vengeance fr yhu. so calling a military man a Christian iz wrong.bkos Jesus said that if you want to follow im u must forget abt ur families and follow him.. Peter left is job to follow jesus christ.. nd so many others... wat m saying is dat d military man shuld live is post nd go fr anoda job 2 avoid d wrath of GOD.:-

Who Do u think u wud have been alive to type dis shit if there were no slodiers or who do u want to protect u. Or wen God promised u protection he meant he will come himself to fight arm robbers or assasins. Now read my former post and go to ur bible and answer dis question
Why did Jesus heal the centurions servant and even said dat he had not seen such a faith in israel?
Why did d Holyspirit come upon the centurion, who are u to tell God whom he should reside in or not?
If u dnt know who a centurion is pls dnt bother answering my question

1 Like

Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Cusdamato(m): 11:03am On Feb 05, 2017
AceRoyal:
YES!!!
CHRISTIANS ARE ALLOWED TO KILL IN SELF DEFENSE!
EVEN GOD ENCOURAGES SELF DEFENSE AND TOTAL ANNIHILATION!!!
exactly your head dey there more oil to your royal head nd more aces to ur cards
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by oteneaaron(m): 11:04am On Feb 05, 2017
princetom1:

Gets ur facts right, Jehovah witnesses during WW1 and WW2, comes to mind, they are being persecuted in some countries even up till now, for reasons like, not joining military, not going to war, not partaking in politics and so on. Get ur facts right

Bro, JW fought in some wars( altho it is said some didn't kill nobody), before they finally realized that been a christian meant you didn't have to participate in the War....that was later led to Rutherford and his Colleagues been Imprisoned -- Remember the Leaving Babylon the great analogy?-

they are being persecuted in some countries even up till now, for reasons like, not joining military, not going to war, not partaking in politics and so on...

True.
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by olagold79: 11:05am On Feb 05, 2017
tigonana:
Dis nairaland self!!!

i AM TELLING YOU, It is so annoying. The level of discourse on NL makes me feel sorry for been Nigerian sometimes. This is like the first time I am log in in like months just to respond to this nonsense. Can't people use their brain again. God himself told Israelite to kill pople for whatever reason , he Jesus came and in some context advocated peace , how does that mean you can' t kill if necessary or Jesus is now greater than God. The slowpoke keeps asking for bible verse to support killing, where is the bible that tells you to go to school...don't you go anyways. As if d bible must tell you everything.
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Nobody: 11:06am On Feb 05, 2017
princetom1:

Too bad, its being generalized
Mind you, not all generalizations are silly..... I believe, going by the requirements, that a TRUE Christian is an IMPOSSIBILITY, as the criteria (if we're to ignore some contradictions) is against human nature.

My claim is contestable, though. Well, if you think you can prove me wrong, why not go ahead?

May I ask, who, in your opinion, is a true Christian? What's the definition?
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Cusdamato(m): 11:06am On Feb 05, 2017
AceRoyal:
YES!!! CHRISTIANS ARE ALLOWED TO KILL IN SELF DEFENSE! EVEN GOD ENCOURAGES SELF DEFENSE AND TOTAL ANNIHILATION!!!
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by zionmade(m): 11:07am On Feb 05, 2017
zionmade:

Right from the days of Abraham to the days of the apostles Innocent people die in war.
Jesus prophesied the destruction of Isreal or rather ravage of israel because of their inability to know their time of salvation
GOD described David as a man after his own mind, now do u know that nobody in the bible killed more dan David in d bible.
My God is called Jehovah Melchadiska(the Lord mighty in battle) can a battle be fought without death of the innocent
Paul said pray for those in authority, can there be any authority without soldiers can there be soldiers without battles
Paul converted soldiers in rome, did he tell dem to stop their work
Philip baptized a eunuch go and read who a eunuch is
In d prophesied battle of armeggedon dat God said he himself will comw and defend israel, wont Innocent souls get killed?

Pls why are d so called Jehovah witnessess and hollier dan thou and Muslims who cannot mind their business running away from my posts. I need someone to tell me Jesus didnt know wat he was doing wen he healed d centurion servant or d Holyspirit dat filled a centurion was wrong
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by princetom1(m): 11:07am On Feb 05, 2017
oteneaaron:

Bro, JW fought in some wars( altho it is said some didn't kill nobody), before they finally realized that been a christian meant you didn't have to participate in the War....that was later led to Rutherford and his Colleagues been Imprisoned -- Remember the Leaving Babylon the great analogy?-

True.

Presently pls
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by felixomor: 11:11am On Feb 05, 2017
joyeSeraph:
Wonder why a Christian's on Nairaland at this time?

Has church really gotten so boring?

Its obvious U dont have meaningful things to say.
Jumping from one talk to Another
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by princetom1(m): 11:14am On Feb 05, 2017
joyeSeraph:
Mind you, not all generalizations are silly..... I believe, going by the requirements, that a TRUE Christian is an IMPOSSIBILITY, as the criteria (if we're to ignore some contradictions) is against human nature.

My claim is contestable, though. Well, if you think you can prove me wrong, why not go ahead?

Since u are on the subject matter, don't wanna write an epistle, those who don't partake in war or have anything to do with using arms and killing are excluded.
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by oteneaaron(m): 11:14am On Feb 05, 2017
joyeSeraph:

A True Christian --

the first line of argument you will be presented with is -- Jesus's own words where he said -- "By this all will know if your are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves......"

I.E, True Love is synonymous to True Christianity.

Second Line of Argument.......

Jesus said; " ...and this goodnews of the kingdom will be preached in all earth,....and then the end will come.."

I.E , True Christians need to be spreading the news about the kingdom to all parts of the earth.

...,,..there are more,...but the conclusion is that, these two Litmus Tests...coupled with others should be used to analyse each of Christendoms many denominations....and the one that passes ALL (not some) -- ALL the tests...are declared the True Christians.
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Nobody: 11:16am On Feb 05, 2017
olagold79:

i AM TELLING YOU, It is so annoying. The level of discourse on NL makes me feel sorry for been Nigerian sometimes. This is like the first time I am log in in like months just to respond to this nonsense. Can't people use their brain again. God himself told Israelite to kill pople for whatever reason , he Jesus came and in some context advocated peace , how does that mean you can' t kill if necessary or Jesus is now greater than God. The slowpoke keeps asking for bible verse to support killing, where is the bible that tells you to go to school...don't you go anyways. As if d bible must tell you everything.
Getting all emotional over something like this is IRRATIONAL, bro. He asked a question, which is as direct as it can get....... Why not answer it?

By the way, I can deduce from your post that you're a theologically illiterate Christian..... (no offence grin). You needn't use arrogance as butter to eat your misconceptions and ignorance. Don't be a baby, my friend.

Well then, lemme ask you the question from a different angle, DID JESUS COMMAND YOU TO LOVE YOUR ENEMIES?
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Cusdamato(m): 11:18am On Feb 05, 2017
amiablesystems:
When the Fulani herdsmen threaten your life.. grin
you offer ur neck to be used as a willing sacrifice for a willing slaughter because jesus said so.... brainwashed foolish fools who dont knw the difference btw foolishness nd wisdow
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by oteneaaron(m): 11:19am On Feb 05, 2017
princetom1:

Presently pls

There is no Present without a Past.....

Have you heard of the Massacre ..JW's faced in Malawi because of not buying Party cards some years ago?....and the double standard that happened in Mexico??

OR....

Do you know that WATCHTOWER was registered as an N.G.O under the UN (the scarlet colored wild beast) some years go (not too long ago )

Bro, no one is Infallible.......

The Watchtower has a really dark past.. a shaky present....and a scary Future.

But Love for our heavenly Father, should surpass all...... smiley
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Nobody: 11:19am On Feb 05, 2017
felixomor:

Its obvious U dont have meaningful things to say.
Jumping from one talk to Another
It'll be an honour to learn how to say meaningful things from you, bro. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Fake Miracle: Should I Accept This Bribe To Do This Evil? / TB Joshua: I Am Ready To Pray For COVID-19 Patients In Isolation Centres / RCCG 2024 Prophecies By Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.