Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,937 members, 7,835,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 - Jobs/Vacancies (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 (114039 Views)

Ecobank Nigeria Intensive Graduate Program 2017 / Apply For The Nigerian Bottling Company Graduate Management Trainee Program 2017 / The Lagos State Graduate Internship Program 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by stanley93(m): 9:35pm On Mar 11, 2017
Hi guys , am new here. I must first say u guys are great indeed.

I simply want to add that i believe the stage 2 was titled " The Search" for a reason. I believe whatevee is described won't be sth as common or easily accessible as a picture, passport, certicate, etc. Sahara group I have observed has a knack for artefacts, obsolete things or instruments' of significance or historical relevance.

I may agree the answer is a magnetic tape if I can figure out how a gramophone is the old version of a magnetic tape.

However , before now, I was thinking the 'me' is the polymer naira notes, we all know the old version of that. It fits into most of the descriptions given in the 'poem'.

Just saying tho
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Harry2wilson: 10:03pm On Mar 11, 2017
The truth is at the end of the day whatever you bring is important as long as you can defend the reasoning behind choosing it.
Don't let this stress you. Your interview performance is also important
stanley93:
Hi guys , am new here. I must first say u guys are great indeed.

I simply want to add that i believe the stage 2 was titled " The Search" for a reason. I believe whatevee is described won't be sth as common or easily accessible as a picture, passport, certicate, etc. Sahara group I have observed has a knack for artefacts, obsolete things or instruments' of significance or historical relevance.

I may agree the answer is a magnetic tape if I can figure out how a gramophone is the old version of a magnetic tape.

However , before now, I was thinking the 'me' is the polymer naira notes, we all know the old version of that. It fits into most of the descriptions given in the 'poem'.

Just saying tho

1 Like

Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by SacrodAYAN: 10:06pm On Mar 11, 2017
Lordmok:
I'm thinking yearbook.

grin grin grin......ur head is there☺
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Kasparov16: 5:03am On Mar 12, 2017
Hey guys,

I must really commend u guys for the effort put into this, it has been really helpful.

Please I need ur advise on the dress code from Sahara that says "Business Casual"

Can I go on jeans and shirt?
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by mamasong: 6:05am On Mar 12, 2017
Kasparov16:
Hey guys,

I must really commend u guys for the effort put into this, it has been really helpful.

Please I need ur advise on the dress code from Sahara that says "Business Casual"

Can I go on jeans and shirt?

No jeans.. Tailored pants and shirt. May or may not include jacket. Lack of tie takes it from formal to business casual. Google for picture samples
Consider that the dress code of most consulting firms is business casual, and you get the idea
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by shogat(m): 6:38am On Mar 12, 2017
I am yet to get the riddle mail and I have sent them a message yet no reply. Anyone with me?
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by rukygbas: 7:48am On Mar 12, 2017
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by mayoor15(m): 8:12am On Mar 12, 2017
rukygbas:
See why some N-Power Candidates has not been paid their stipends.
http://www.dailyhitng.com/see-why-some-n-power-candidates-has-not-been-paid-their-stipends-till-date/
So we should fry beans with it, we are trying to solve a riddle and you are bringing Npower stipends here..SMH

3 Likes

Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by mayoor15(m): 8:20am On Mar 12, 2017
Good morning,
from
Wikipedia,

A riddle is a statement or question or phrase having a double or veiled meaning, put forth as a puzzle to be solved. Riddles are of two types:
enigmas , which are problems generally expressed in metaphorical or allegorical language that require ingenuity and careful thinking for their solution, and conundra, which are questions relying for their effects on punning in either the question or the answer.

A metaphor is a figure of speech that refers, for rhetorical effect, to one thing by mentioning another thing.

while

Writers or speakers typically use allegories as
literary devices or as rhetorical devices that convey hidden meanings through symbolic figures, actions, imagery, or events, which together create the moral, spiritual, or political meaning the author wishes to convey.

Where do we go from here, while all d newspaper and gramophone may hold waters, I still feel,
what we are looking for is a very simple thing, old version thing sha I don't get, but one can always use words to defend any old version thing sha
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Nobody: 9:08am On Mar 12, 2017
shogat:
I am yet to get the riddle mail and I have sent them a message yet no reply. Anyone with me?
I also didn't get, you are slated for when?

1 Like

Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by mayoor15(m): 9:14am On Mar 12, 2017
maryjabeez:
Wot of film strip? sad The one u put in a camera.
Hmmmm
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by mayoor15(m): 9:17am On Mar 12, 2017
maryjabeez:
Wot of film strip? sad The one u put in a camera.
Sis, this fit the description

Thin and colourful,
Custodian of dreams and wishes adorned
Holding the thoughts of yesterday and the hopes of tomorrow,
Of pictures, of speeches, of words with lasting laughter that stays the same time and time again.
The wave of a hand, never destroying,
Crinkle, crisp and clear-described.

A wave of hand will never destroy it, the crinkle part means can be rippled into pieces, the crisp part is that it is dry and we all know it's clear...... It's film strip all d way.....That is what me am taking for the interviews....
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by shogat(m): 10:17am On Mar 12, 2017
Thavybe:
I myself didn't get, you are slated for when?
17th March and u?
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by shogat(m): 10:20am On Mar 12, 2017
mayoor15:

Thin and colourful,
Of pictures, of speeches, of words with lasting laughter that stays the same time and time again.

A wave of hand will never destroy it, the crinkle part means can be rippled into pieces, the crisp part is that it is dry and we all know it's clear...... It's film strip all d way.....That is what me am taking for the interviews....
what is the older version?
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Lil9333: 10:30am On Mar 12, 2017
mayoor15:

Thin and colourful,

I don't think film strip is colourful. Plus it doesn't contain words. How about front page of a newspaper?
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Longman6(m): 11:04am On Mar 12, 2017
All of you that went to church today, hope you told your pastor about it??
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Eblaze21: 11:13am On Mar 12, 2017
Daily post newspaper was adorned as the custodian of dreams. A page(usually front page) is thin and colourful. The paper satisfies crinkle and crisp. Clear can be used to describe the pictures in a news paper. Images, words, and speeches are captured. Smiles in these images remain the same time and time again. A wave of hand, not destroying. Older versions of me? Daily Post Newspapers before the interview date. Happy Sunday
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Nobody: 11:41am On Mar 12, 2017
shogat:

17th March and u?
21st of march, I'm guessing those that received the mail are having their interview at an earlier date than ours.
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by structural94: 12:03pm On Mar 12, 2017
I DON'T KNOW WHY BIRTHDAY CARD IS MAKING SENSE TO ME.... BUT IT ALMOST CERTAINLY FITS....

1 Like

Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by mayoor15(m): 12:16pm On Mar 12, 2017
Lil9333:

I don't think film strip is colourful. Plus it doesn't contain words. How about front page of a newspaper?
Most film strips are not one colour, and the riddle to me is all about a personality, inside a film strip, you can have pictures, a video recording of someone, his words, his smiles, laughter and everything that stays the same now and forever, a film strip is thin also.. for me a film strip is it
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by mayoor15(m): 12:17pm On Mar 12, 2017
shogat:

what is the older version?
Older version is film strip between 1960 and 2000
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by mayoor15(m): 12:18pm On Mar 12, 2017
maryjabeez:

Where to find the damn thing? D stress I went thru to get dat record sef cry
When is your test and how can we get it
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by SacrodAYAN: 12:48pm On Mar 12, 2017
I might just end up going with a video cassette.... Still an old version of a CD.....mail didn't say how old
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by emmanuelabadi: 1:10pm On Mar 12, 2017
"Thin and colourful, custodian of dreams and wishes adorned; holding the thoughts of yesterday and the hopes of tomorrow
Of pictures, of speeches, of words with lasting laughter that stays the same time and time again
The wave of a hand, never destroying
Crinkle, crisp, clear – described
Bring an old version of me for your next stage.....2 copies.

Welcome to Stage 2!!! ...The Search."

After reading this riddle again, it sounds like a storage device, something that stores all these info, but i'm sure its not something awkward
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by mayoor15(m): 1:20pm On Mar 12, 2017
emmanuelabadi:
"Thin and colourful, custodian of dreams and wishes adorned; holding the thoughts of yesterday and the hopes of tomorrow
Of pictures, of speeches, of words with lasting laughter that stays the same time and time again

After reading this riddle again, it sounds like a storage device, something that stores all these info, but i'm sure its not something awkward
Exactly that is why a film strip for example meet all the features, like the crinkle part, we can cut a film strip into pieces
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Longman6(m): 2:16pm On Mar 12, 2017
SacrodAYAN:
I might just end up going with a video cassette.... Still an old version of a CD.....mail didn't say how old

You are technically right....if the CD is the answer to this quest
Sharaha

1 Like

Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by youngwolf(m): 2:18pm On Mar 12, 2017
4emmanueltosin:
grin grin grin it is only sahara that can bring almost everybody on the Jobs/Vacancies section to a single thread...

IMO, there is no singular answer to this riddled poetry (though I might be wrong) y'all have come up with a lot of reasonable answer from picture, Newspaper to video cassette player... I feel you are all correct so far you can confidently defend and present your answer in a logical manner to the interviewer...

This stage is called the search for a reason let's continue searching we will find it

You said it all !!
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Longman6(m): 2:26pm On Mar 12, 2017
And hope you guys are preparing for the interview, but come to think of it,,,what kind of an interview lasts for 2hours? are we also in for an assessment center scenario?
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by Haywhizy(m): 2:27pm On Mar 12, 2017
emmanuelabadi:

I agree with you on the storage device, but then which of the storage devices?
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Program 2017 by mayoor15(m): 2:33pm On Mar 12, 2017
Longman6:
And hope you guys are preparing for the interview, but come to think of it,,,what kind of an interview lasts for 2hours? are we also in for an assessment center scenario?
It's an assessment centre that will technically end with an interview, what do you think about a film strip

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (33) (Reply)

The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Oil Spill Management Programme / How Can One Get A Job At Shoprite? / Mtn Customer Care Job At Alexander-crystals Ltd Ibadan Let Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.