Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,932 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant (1981946 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by tripleace(m): 10:16pm On Jul 12, 2017
Yooku:

Bro, I see you've been on this for about 2 weeks with no response. I guess not many or no-one here might be able to give you the info you need. I did a Google search on Agriculture in Canada and came up with this link which could be a starting point for your study and further research. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agriculture_in_Canada
Cheers and all the best!!

Thank you so much for your reply but I have gone through majority of website on this topic with very little information like what I have read here. Just need a fellow Nigerian in the agriculture field in Canada to correspond with.

Thank you all the same.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 12, 2017
Blackbuddy:

With a PR visa, you are free to pursue work opportunities and live in Canada. You don't need a separate work visa.
And then secondly like how much should I have in my saving account to travel to Canada,I mean the total cost for the trip.....
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by CanadianNurse: 11:07pm On Jul 12, 2017
Finally got my tickets to Winnipeg
Royal Air Maroc

Lagos to Casablanca (royal air Maroc)

Casablanca to Montreal(royal air Maroc)

Montréal to Winnipeg (Air Canada)

Now my question is

Where do I get my study permit?
Do I have to get my luggage at Montreal and check it into air Canada?

AGAIN WHICH IS MY POINT OF ENTRY WHERE I GET MY STUDY PERMIT MONTREAL OR WINNIPEG?

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Ballerz: 6:00am On Jul 13, 2017
Babachi:
Please do we qualify for personal travel allowance after getting COPR and buying a one way ticket

Most Banks (99%) will not give based on one way ticket.
Return ticket is often cheaper than one way I the long run. You can always change the return leg and keep it open for a year. You never can know when you might need it to attend owanbe

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by pauloverdi: 6:46am On Jul 13, 2017
Blackbuddy:

You can certainly try but until you have evidence of legal right to remain in Canada, the process might be a waste of your time. This is because it is an expensive and lengthy process for Canadian employers to apply for LMIA - Labour Market Impact Assessment in order to bring in a worker from outside. They have to prove that they could not find anybody in the whole of Canada to do the job that they want to bring in a foreigner for. Canadian employers prefer to just hire someone who has the right to remain here or is a citizen and there are thousands of such people already in Canada with more coming in daily. It is not impossible if you can find a willing employer and you have a unique set of skills and qualifications like nuclear physics or brain surgery, etc but if you're like most of us that have commonplace work experiences, you're better of applying first for a Permanent Resident visa and then looking for work accordingly. I suggest you go to the first page of this thread (https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled) and learn what you need to do to get a PR visa, all the best.

This is one of the best and most informative responses I've seen in any online forum. I think everyone has something to learn from this. God bless you sir.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by hadeytee: 8:34am On Jul 13, 2017
Principessa0:
Hello all,
I work in Canada. I would like to send money to my family back home. What method do you guys use to send money to loved ones back home? At least some method with better exchange rate. Btw, I live in British Columbia.
Thank you.
Hola, I'm planning to come study in Vancouver, how is the standard of living there pls? Plus are there jobs available?
Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by AlexanderGreat(m): 10:34am On Jul 13, 2017
Really? It takes this long for one's passport to get stamped and sent back to Nigeria from Ghana? Please how long is your now?
jugzy:
None yet. Still waiting. I have been looking out for an update from you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by MummyJaygirls: 11:15am On Jul 13, 2017
SlowlybtSurely:

Any update on your MyCIC account? My passport has been with AVO since 14th June. No update whatsoever.

Dear God, direct my passport to any other VO. Ghana wastes so much time in feedback, dem dey beef naija obviously lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Ballerz: 11:18am On Jul 13, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Dear God, direct my passport to any other VO. Ghana wastes so much time in feedback, dem dey beef naija obviously lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Laughs. They simply take their time. It is just June. Give it like 3 months
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by pauloverdi: 12:19pm On Jul 13, 2017
Ballerz:

3 months? Like seriously?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by AlexanderGreat(m): 12:32pm On Jul 13, 2017
shocked shocked shocked that's like another AOR-PPR wait
Ballerz:

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Fusion23: 12:36pm On Jul 13, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

@SlowlybtSurely has your cic account changed to approved, also did you later send the form about change in family

even if your family status did not change a letter of explanation saying it did not change or just doing the form again helps they even put it there it could cause a delay

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by SlowlybtSurely: 1:16pm On Jul 13, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Not really. AVO has been issuing Pick Up Mail to people within one week of receiving their passports. Only applicants whose applications were processed in Ottawa and received PPR in June are affected. I do think there is something Ottawa has to do before they can print COPRs for apps processed there.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by SlowlybtSurely: 1:17pm On Jul 13, 2017
Fusion23:

@SlowlybtSurely has your cic account changed to approved, also did you later send the form about change in family

even if your family status did not change a letter of explanation saying it did not change or just doing the form again helps they even put it there it could cause a delay

Done and sent through CSE. Like i said, we are many in same boat.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Iamsheye(m): 1:19pm On Jul 13, 2017
where are those guys dat used to upload pics they should come and upload oo

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by SlowlybtSurely: 1:25pm On Jul 13, 2017
Babachi:

Nothing oh! Waiting for you since you submitted before me. Will inform the house of any update

Please do.

jugzy:
None yet. Still waiting. I have been looking out for an update from you.

Nothing yet.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Fusion23: 2:16pm On Jul 13, 2017
SlowlybtSurely:

Done and sent through CSE. Like i said, we are many in same boat.

ok give it a week or so , but first your cic account should change to approved.
thats when i had peace of mind. I was really nervous then.

Hopefully you should get your pick up mail soon
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Blackbuddy: 2:42pm On Jul 13, 2017
Surdycole2:

And then secondly like how much should I have in my saving account to travel to Canada,I mean the total cost for the trip.....

As part of your Express Entry application for PR, you need to have the equivalent of CAD$12,300 in your savings/current account, fixed deposit or in treasury bills as your proof of funds if you are a family of one or single applicant. See this link for a breakdown of the proof of funds structure, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by esosa4real(m): 2:44pm On Jul 13, 2017
Kyaggy:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

Please can I get more information about BC for you?
My family intends to settle there and I want to know how possible it will be for me to get job to assist my family as my husband is a doctor and will need to take licencing exam first before practising.
Can I get your email or anything to contact you with please?

You got any info now about BC?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 13, 2017
Blackbuddy:

As part of your Express Entry application for PR, you need to have the equivalent of CAD$12,300 in your savings/current account, fixed deposit or in treasury bills as your proof of funds if you are a family of one or single applicant. See this link for a breakdown of the proof of funds structure, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp
so #1m can't take me to Canada
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by MummyJaygirls: 10:41pm On Jul 13, 2017
Surdycole2:

so #1m can't take me to Canada

As airfare abi wetin?

16 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by MummyJaygirls: 10:42pm On Jul 13, 2017
SlowlybtSurely:

Not really. AVO has been issuing Pick Up Mail to people within one week of receiving their passports. Only applicants whose applications were processed in Ottawa and received PPR in June are affected. I do think there is something Ottawa has to do before they can print COPRs for apps processed there.

Ok, they should resolve their issues asap
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by MummyJaygirls: 10:43pm On Jul 13, 2017
Ballerz:

Bros it's not funny o, what sort of time is that undecided angry
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Principessa0: 4:46am On Jul 14, 2017
hadeytee:

Hola, I'm planning to come study in Vancouver, how is the standard of living there pls? Plus are there jobs available?
Thanks
Anybody can live in Vancouver. It depends on what part of Vancouver you want to live in. Also, you can find jobs if you seek, depending on what you want to do. Nothing is impossible.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by esosa4real(m): 7:26am On Jul 14, 2017
CanadianNurse:
Finally got my tickets to Winnipeg
Royal Air Maroc

Lagos to Casablanca (royal air Maroc)

Casablanca to Montreal(royal air Maroc)

Montréal to Winnipeg (Air Canada)

Now my question is

Where do I get my study permit?

Do I have to get my luggage at Montreal and check it into air Canada?

AGAIN WHICH IS MY POINT OF ENTRY WHERE I GET MY STUDY PERMIT MONTREAL OR WINNIPEG?

How much did this cost u PLS?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by chinchum(m): 9:38am On Jul 14, 2017
Mire222:

Please I need clarification on how one knows which office is processing your application. I have checked for mine but I keep getting linked to that generic site "visa offices " which states countries and their processing offices. For Nigeria, it's pegged Lagos and I doubt that especially when I see posts like yours. Are are you an inland applicant?
Ask this question on the express entry thread, i will provide an answer over there.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by 40manlappy: 9:40am On Jul 14, 2017
manlikegb:

@amokemi, congrats on your visa and COPR, wish you the very best.

"I'm in the express entry pool, with a score of 397 which I believe it's a bit low. I have however gotten a close family friend resident in Manitoba to help with provincial nomination. What documents will he likely need to provide to proof that we are related?"

I'd like to ask a question that seem related to something from your previous post above; My wife's brother recently got married to his Nigerian gf that I believe is a PR/Citizen(either of the two), do you think this counts for additional points for us in the EE pool? My wife is the primary applicant and our estimated score is below 400 too. Thanks for your time.

Search the Express Entry thread

https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by czaratwork: 10:08am On Jul 14, 2017
This thread has been invaded by people still undergoing the application process. There is a thread for that. This one is for those already through with it and are living or about to live in Canada.

12 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Mire222: 11:00am On Jul 14, 2017
chinchum:
Ask this question on the express entry thread, i will provide an answer over there.

No need, found my answer. For future reference, anybody that needs an answer to that my question can check Fusion25's comments. He made a statement about it in passing. Thanks Fusion25 for all your inputs. Very insightful

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (505)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.