Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,937 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant - Travel (316) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant (1981459 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Dyolahh: 4:31pm On Jun 25, 2018
Hello everyone. Please I would like to know how long it takes to get the actual approval when you have put in all documentation after receiving ITA.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by luffyhaki: 4:38pm On Jun 25, 2018
kissoflife:
All of you guys saying studio 24.

I used that same studio 24 and was told to send new ones here, now my PR card is delayed as well.

O boi..Which way na...Please recommend a sure spot in lagos to get this done quicktime
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Fortissimo502: 4:42pm On Jun 25, 2018
steroid:
No pictures posted recently.

9 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by naijaman3: 4:49pm On Jun 25, 2018
Fortissimo502:

Not really trying to stir up old stuff but what do you say about 19 (2) of division 3 of the immigration and refugee protection act. For ease of reference it reads thus:

Right of entry of permanent residents

(2) An officer shall allow a permanent resident to enter Canada if satisfied following an examination on their entry that they have that status.

---------------------

It is my interpretation that if you have PR status, you have right of entry.

In addition,

IRCC here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/understand-pr-status.html

explicitly states that PRs have the right to live in Canada. I don't think it makes sense for someone to have the right to live somewhere but not enter that place.

Again I believe once your status is valid you have right to enter. Only way you can be denied is if there's some issue with your PR status. I do not believe it's a privilege.

Can someone find any case law on canlii that shows someone with valid PR status being denied?

Please stop this unnecessary argument. PR holders do not have right of entry to Canada but they will hardly be denied entry. Even the division 3 of the immigration and refugee protection act that you quoted specifically mentioned the right of entry for citizens and Indians – 19 (1) but no right of entry was mentioned for PR – 19 (2).

19 (1) Every Canadian citizen within the meaning of the Citizenship Act and every person registered as an Indian under the Indian Act has the right to enter and remain in Canada in accordance with this Act, and an officer shall allow the person to enter Canada if satisfied following an examination on their entry that the person is a citizen or registered Indian.

19 (2) An officer shall allow a permanent resident to enter Canada if satisfied following an examination on their entry that they have that status.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by czaratwork: 4:53pm On Jun 25, 2018
StNonsky:
I strongly believe there’s something wrong with you ma. Do you know me from somewhere? I posted something to get genuine opinions of people because I am upset and you’re there making very annoying and snide insinuations not once not twice not thice and throwing shades? It goes to show the kind of person you really are. If you don’t have any useful contributions please make room for people who do. **dropsmic**

Picks mic as i wan ask Manitoba Provincial Nominees questions.

Please after you have been given 60 days to apply, what next? What's the process flow? Thanks.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by naijaman3: 4:54pm On Jun 25, 2018
Fortissimo502:

Correct...but read it to its conclusion. Satisfied regarding what? Your PR status.

In actual fact the main reason for inadmissibility for PRs is serious criminality e.g. murder. You can check case law on canlii.

From what I've read and been told, in most cases the PR will still be allowed entry while the the government begins proceedings to formally revoke the PR status.

Again I have seen no case law where a PR with valid status was denied entry. There may be.

I believe there was a case reported on nairaland where a naturalized citizen was denied entry (or something like that) due to some issue in verifying their status. Though I'm not sure of the details regarding that case.

This tells me that most times, the key thing with entry is status. Although yes it is true that you can be denied entry based on serious criminality. To me that doesn't justify saying PRs don't have right of entry.

http://mtcsalc.org/en/publications/immigration/permanent-resident-status?p=2

That's some interesting reading for anyone interested in the topic. Make sure to read in full.

If PR holders have right of entry it would not be possible to deny them entry for any reasons (not even because of serious criminality as you mentioned). Anything that can be legally taken away from you is not a right and that is why PR can be legally denied entry due to criminality (for example) whereas Citizens can never be denied entry no matter their crime (this is what is called right).

By the way, there are many other less serious criminal offences that can make a PR inadmissible or deported. Even the article you made reference to says:

“If for instance, while you are arguing with someone and you grab an object and throw it at that person, you could be inadmissible to Canada for serious criminality” – (this is from the article you referenced).

Just last week, the Government of Canada stiffens sentences for drunk driving meaning that foreign nationals and permanent residents convicted of impaired driving can now be deemed inadmissible and could face deportation. Here is the detail: https://www.cicnews.com/2018/06/canada-stiffens-sentences-for-drunk-driving-raising-new-immigration-concerns-0610796.html#gs.H7yUnxs

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Fortissimo502: 4:55pm On Jun 25, 2018
naijaman3:

Please stop this unnecessary argument. PR holders do not have right of entry to Canada but they will hardly be denied entry. Even the division 3 of the immigration and refugee protection act that you quoted specifically mentioned the right of entry for citizens and Indians – 19 (1) but no right of entry was mentioned for PR – 19 (2).

19 (1) Every Canadian citizen within the meaning of the Citizenship Act and every person registered as an Indian under the Indian Act has the right to enter and remain in Canada in accordance with this Act, and an officer shall allow the person to enter Canada if satisfied following an examination on their entry that the person is a citizen or registered Indian.

19 (2) An officer shall allow a permanent resident to enter Canada if satisfied following an examination on their entry that they have that status.

The heading of the subsection I quoted states right of entry of permanent residents. But abeg I don tya for this matter. Let anyone believe whatever they want abeg. I'm done with this topic.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Fortissimo502: 4:57pm On Jun 25, 2018
naijaman3:

If PR holders have right of entry it would not be possible to deny them entry for any reasons (not even because of serious criminality as you mentioned). Anything that can be legally taken away from you is not a right and that is why PR can be legally denied entry due to criminality for example whereas Citizens can never be denied entry no matter their crime (this is what is called right).

By the way, there are many other less serious criminal offences that can make a PR inadmissible or deported. Even the article you made reference to says:

“If for instance, while you are arguing with someone and you grab an object and throw it at that person, you could be inadmissible to Canada for serious criminality” – (this is from the article you referenced).

Just last week, the Government of Canada stiffens sentences for drunk driving meaning that foreign nationals and permanent residents convicted of impaired driving can now be deemed inadmissible and could face deportation. Here is the detail: https://www.cicnews.com/2018/06/canada-stiffens-sentences-for-drunk-driving-raising-new-immigration-concerns-0610796.html#gs.H7yUnxs

Naturalized citizens can have their citizenship stripped away, no?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by bbaby84(f): 4:57pm On Jun 25, 2018
Newmum0615:
Thanks a lot. I hope my Studio 24 version would pass.

Does the validity also count? If the date stamped at the back of the photo exceeds the required six months, would that also be a reason to request for another one before PR card issue? If yes, would you recommend taking a new one when we land or here in Naija to forestall the delay. Apologies for the plenty questions.

I don't think it has anything to do with the studio. My husband used photokraft opebi and had no issues. They've been many studio 24 clients who have had their passport photographs refused too. We looked at the validity issue, a case has debunked that though..

Just take extra passports.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Fortissimo502: 5:03pm On Jun 25, 2018
I really don't want to argue about this especially as it is of very little importance.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Fortissimo502: 5:06pm On Jun 25, 2018
steroid:
No pictures posted recently.

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by naijaman3: 5:24pm On Jun 25, 2018
Fortissimo502:

Naturalized citizens can have their citizenship stripped away, no?

According to the existing laws in Canada for now, the answer is NO as long as the naturalized citizen did not become a PR and then a citizen using false information or by deceit their citizenship cannot be revoked. The law could possibly be changed in the future but I doubt that it will be changed because everybody (apart from the native Indians) is immigrant in this country. At any rate, we can only go by what the laws are today and not what it could be in the future.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Fortissimo502: 5:27pm On Jun 25, 2018
naijaman3:

According to the existing laws in Canada for now, the answer is NO as long as the naturalized citizen did not become a PR and then a citizen using false information or by deceit their citizenship cannot be revoked. The law could possibly be changed in the future but I doubt that it will be changed because everybody (apart from the native Indians) is immigrant in this country. At any rate, we can only go by what the laws are today and not what it could be in the future.

Fair enough. But my point is naturalized citizens can have their status revoked under certain circumstances such as treason.

So my argument is that do we say it is a privilege and not a right just based on the ever so infinitesimal chance of having your legally granted status revoked? Which usually happens after your are let in? That is the crux of what I'm saying.

This includes further evidence from the law that starts off with the title "right of entry of permanent residents". Then not to talk about judicial precedent, case law, IRCC website, immigration lawyers and forums, etc. Even those that have defaulted on their residency obligations are routinely let in.

Remember right of entry is actually the origin of this argument.

I guess I'm just very passionate about this subject haven been on a non immigrant US visa in the past. It's a very shaky and uncomfortable feeling cheesy .

Based on my research, PRs have right of entry.

Again, I may be wrong and you may be right. It's not much of a big deal to the average PR or naturalized citizen.

Shall we drop the topic?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by eddycross(m): 6:03pm On Jun 25, 2018
@Newmum0615
@A555
@redocean
@kissoflife
@luffyhaki

Just to add to the passport photograph conversation, this is what I think as I was also asked to submit new photos when I got here. I had my initial photos taken at Studio 24 in Lagos - like most people. However, I took the initial photos in November 2017 and landed in Canada in April 2018. In May, I was asked for new photos. I think it all boils down to one key specification.

"photographs must reflect your current appearance (taken within the past six(6) months)"

So, from my analysis, ...where you took the photo doesn't matter, but at the time you apply for the PR card (ie, when you land), the photo submitted must meet ALL the specifications, including that 6 months requirement.

I've heard that people have taken new photos just before departing Nigeria and given to the immigration personnel at the point of signing their landing documents. That may help.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by intrinsicniyi(m): 6:06pm On Jun 25, 2018
Jhammz519:
Hello peeps I'm new here, I got my study visa to Canada last week please can you ppl advice me on pre arrival tips and what kind of jobs is there in canada

Good day & sure you're good,

I'd like to inquire about how long it took you to get your study permit approved. I'm also going to be doing this very soon and I seek further advice / clarifications .

Kindly link up at: niyiabodunrin@gmail.com

Thanks.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by luffyhaki: 6:08pm On Jun 25, 2018
eddycross:

I've heard that people have taken new photos just before departing Nigeria and given to the immigration personnel at the point of signing their landing documents. That may help.

Thanks a million..Insightful post
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by naijaman3: 6:13pm On Jun 25, 2018
Fortissimo502:

Fair enough. But my point is naturalized citizens can have their status revoked under certain circumstances such as treason.

So my argument is that do we say it is a privilege and not a right just based on the ever so infinitesimal chance of having your legally granted status revoked? Which usually happens after your are let in? That is the crux of what I'm saying.

This includes further evidence from the law that starts off with the title "right of entry of permanent residents". Then not to talk about judicial precedent, case law, IRCC website, immigration lawyers and forums, etc. Even those that have defaulted on their residency obligations are routinely let in.

Remember right of entry is actually the origin of this argument.

I guess I'm just very passionate about this subject haven been on a non immigrant US visa in the past. It's a very shaky and uncomfortable feeling cheesy .

Based on my research, PRs have right of entry.

Again, I may be wrong and you may be right. It's not much of a big deal to the average PR or naturalized citizen.

Shall we drop the topic?

Please try to understand what I wrote. Genuine or authentic Canadian citizenship cannot be revoked (not for any reason including treason). Anybody that obtain his/her PR and by extension citizenship based on false information or by deceit is a fake citizen and that is what can be revoked.

However, genuine or authentic PR can be revoked and holder deported (if already in Canada) or denied entry (if entering for the first time or re-entering after landing) due to many other reasons or for something they did after obtaining their PR. Got it?

In the past people with dual citizenship (not single citizenship) can have their citizenship revoked for treason but not anymore. See here for detail:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/acquisition-loss/revocation.html

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-29/page-4.html

I understand how you feel being on US non-immigrant visa at one point as you mentioned but know that I am not trying to scare you or anybody here but I just feel we should all know the fact and properly understand our rights to avoid being deported or being denied re-entry as a PR holder. I will also drop the topic as you requested.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Fortissimo502: 6:22pm On Jun 25, 2018
naijaman3:

Please try to understand what I wrote. Genuine or authentic Canadian citizenship cannot be revoked (not for any reason including treason). Anybody that obtain his/her PR and by extension citizenship based on false information or by deceit is a fake citizen and that is what can be revoked.

However, genuine or authentic PR can be revoked and holder deported (if already in Canada) or denied entry (if entering for the first time or re-entering after landing) due to many other reasons or for something they did after obtaining their PR. Got it?

In the past people with dual citizenship (not single citizenship) can have their citizenship revoked for treason but not anymore. See here for detail:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/acquisition-loss/revocation.html

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-29/page-4.html

I understand how you feel being on US non-immigrant visa at one point as you mentioned but know that I am not trying to scare you or anybody here but I just feel we should all know the fact and properly understand our rights to avoid being deported or being denied re-entry as a PR holder. I will also drop the topic as you requested.

I've scoured Canlii and I can't find any records of a PR with valid status being denied entry. Can you show me just one?

This case buttresses your point but it appears that in most cases they are allowed to enter Canada. I haven't read of anyone being turned away.

https://www.canlii.org/en/ca/irb/doc/2014/2014canlii83925/2014canlii83925.html?searchUrlHash=AAAAAQAXUmlnaHQgb2YgZW50cnkgcmVzaWRlbnQAAAAAAQ&resultIndex=5

Here is the quote that supports your view:

It is a well-established principle that non-citizens do not have an unqualified right to enter and remain in Canada and Parliament has the right to adopt an immigration policy and to enact legislation proscribing conditions under which non-citizens will be permitted to enter and remain in Canada.[11] Parliament has set out a comprehensive immigration scheme in the Act and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (the “Regulations”).[12] Within the immigration scheme, non-citizens may enter and remain in Canada, subject to the provisions of the Act, as permanent residents, foreign nationals or protected persons.

I agreed in my earlier posts that PRs can be found inadmissible and denied entry.

But i guess it's just difficult to do that at the border and instead they allow the PR to enter, then go through the court of law to kick them out.

So argument over...thank you!

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by kissoflife: 6:53pm On Jun 25, 2018
Yes, I think this is the reason.

eddycross:
@Newmum0615
@A555
@redocean
@kissoflife
@luffyhaki

Just to add to the passport photograph conversation, this is what I think as I was also asked to submit new photos when I got here. I had my initial photos taken at Studio 24 in Lagos - like most people. However, I took the initial photos in November 2017 and landed in Canada in April 2018. In May, I was asked for new photos. I think it all boils down to one key specification.

"photographs must reflect your current appearance (taken within the past six(6) months)"

So, from my analysis, ...where you took the photo doesn't matter, but at the time you apply for the PR card (ie, when you land), the photo submitted must meet ALL the specifications, including that 6 months requirement.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Fortissimo502: 7:12pm On Jun 25, 2018
naijaman3:

This is serious.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by SixSigma1(m): 7:31pm On Jun 25, 2018
Fortissimo502:

I've scoured Canlii and I can't find any records of a PR with valid status being denied entry. Can you show me just one?

This case buttresses your point but it appears that in most cases they are allowed to enter Canada. I haven't read of anyone being turned away.

https://www.canlii.org/en/ca/irb/doc/2014/2014canlii83925/2014canlii83925.html?searchUrlHash=AAAAAQAXUmlnaHQgb2YgZW50cnkgcmVzaWRlbnQAAAAAAQ&resultIndex=5

Here is the quote that supports your view:

It is a well-established principle that non-citizens do not have an unqualified right to enter and remain in Canada and Parliament has the right to adopt an immigration policy and to enact legislation proscribing conditions under which non-citizens will be permitted to enter and remain in Canada.[11] Parliament has set out a comprehensive immigration scheme in the Act and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (the “Regulations”).[12] Within the immigration scheme, non-citizens may enter and remain in Canada, subject to the provisions of the Act, as permanent residents, foreign nationals or protected persons.

I agreed in my earlier posts that PRs can be found inadmissible and denied entry.

But i guess it's just difficult to do that at the border and instead they allow the PR to enter, then go through the court of law to kick them out.

So argument over...thank you!

Although, I said yesterday or 2 days ago that I will not talk about this topic anymore but with this your last post I feel I have to respond to let you know that I am glad you found the information that clarifies what we have been talking about. I give you kudos for that.

Note that this discussion is not about who is wrong or who is right. It is for us to learn and know our rights as PR holders. I have always mentioned in my post just like you also mentioned above that while it is possible to deny re-entry for PR holders it will be very rare for that to happen (it may even never happen).

One last thing, the fact that you shared the information above with everybody here on this platform after you found it despite the fact that it supports my position shows that you are a gentleman and honest person. You earn my respect for that.

Peace my friend!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Fortissimo502: 7:53pm On Jun 25, 2018
SixSigma1:

Although, I said yesterday or 2 days ago that I will not talk about this topic anymore but with this your last post I feel I have to respond to let you know that I am glad you found the information that clarifies what we have been talking about. I give you kudos for that.

Note that this discussion is not about who is wrong or who is right. It is for us to learn and know our rights as PR holders. I have always mentioned in my post just like you also mentioned above that while it is possible to deny re-entry for PR holders it will be very rare for that to happen (it may even never happen).

One last thing, the fact that you shared the information above with everybody here on this platform after you found it despite the fact that it supports my position shows that you are a gentleman and honest person. You earn my respect for that.

Peace my friend!

Well said. Peace!

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by salford: 7:55pm On Jun 25, 2018
Fortissimo502:

This is serious.
This is actually well known. Get a DUI and say bye bye to citizenship.I guess the deportation clause has just been added.

Not a situation anyone wants to be in.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Newmum0615: 8:32pm On Jun 25, 2018
Thanks a lot. The bolded is exactly what I intend to do.
eddycross:

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by bbaby84(f): 12:02am On Jun 26, 2018
Newmum0615:
Thanks a lot. The bolded is exactly what I intend to do.

Have you gotten your PPR? I must have missed that.
Congrats
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by philip3(m): 12:11am On Jun 26, 2018
kissoflife:
Yes, I think this is the reason.

What was the going rate of the passport photograph you took?

Just paid 28 dollars for 2 pics because my sons passport didnt meet specs. I almost choked.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by kissoflife: 12:21am On Jun 26, 2018
philip3:

What was the going rate of the passport photograph you took?

Just paid 28 dollars for 2 pics because my sons passport didnt meet specs. I almost choked.

Cant remember but I think it is within $30-$40
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by A555: 3:00am On Jun 26, 2018
redocean:

Thanks much for your response, it provided more clarity.

Although, when I linked PR card to CIC account, it prompted that all future correspondence will be through the CIC account after linking. So, maybe I will not receive an email as you did but likely a direct notification in the CIC account.

All the same, fingers crossed. Hopefully, Studio 24 will pass the test...

OK. In my case, I got the following email:

"Your application is now linked to this account. You can access this application from your account page, under "View my submitted applications or profiles"."

And then subsequently got emails to the email address I have linked to my CIC account, with the letters attached, when the updated passports were requested.

Note if there is no need for updated passport photos, you probably get the usual email asking you to check your CIC account for updates. At which point you'll simply see the PR card application has been approved, and you get in delivered in the post within a few days.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by A555: 3:04am On Jun 26, 2018
kissoflife:
All of you guys saying studio 24.

I used that same studio 24 and was told to send new ones here, now my PR card is delayed as well.

ha ha....i was just waiting for someone to say that.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Newmum0615: 6:52am On Jun 26, 2018
Well, thanks. Lol. Not yet sha. I am approaching the 6 months mark very soon. I'm getting ready dazall.
bbaby84:

Have you gotten your PPR? I must have missed that.
Congrats

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by luffyhaki: 6:56am On Jun 26, 2018
Newmum0615:
Well, thanks. Lol. Not yet sha. I am approaching the 6 months mark very soon. I'm getting ready dazall.

Newmum for president

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by IOA18: 9:53am On Jun 26, 2018
Phewwww!!!! finally caught up to page 315 after days of reading! You all on this thread are simply amazing!!!! the time and the effort spent in contributing from your wealth of knowledge is very humbling! On behalf of past beneficiaries, the newbies and the silent readers, i would like to say a biggggggggg thank you!!!!!! special shout out to egbon @blackbuddy, @salford1, chief @thecongo1, @ballerz, @canadianijiji, @vcole and @maternal. God bless you all. From all i have read here sef i can be a consultant offering free services to intending immigrants!

I always thought i would love to remain in Nigeria and just visit foreign countries on holidays, but alas here i am....i only just recently started thinking seriously about relocating, so i haven't even done any of the preliminaries, IELTS/WES, etc...just wanted to check out what those of you out there had to say about Canada.

I'm off to start the process and will be back when i have made significant progress on my status as a PR wink @blackbuddy, as someone working currently in financial services, i ll also be back to seek your advise/counsel when the time for selecting a career in Canada comes.

I'll borrow a line from Teecann i think (correct me if i'm wrong)...."it will all end in praise" UDO!!!!

26 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) ... (505)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.