Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,409 members, 7,819,465 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today (9935 Views)

Unoaku Anyadike's Son 6th Birthday Is Today (Photo) / Omotola Jalade-ekeinde's Outfit To AMAA 2015 In South Africa (photo) / Genevieve Nnaji or Omotola Jalade: Who Is More Beautiful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by AloyEmeka6: 6:56am On Dec 06, 2009
I have no time to babysit people who cannot translate a statement into other forms.

(Laughing)stella,i think i have more than paid my dues.i got into the industry that was full of flaws,there were no rules to work by,nollywood practically had nothing when i began my career[meaning: The industry was inept and lacks substance until I stepped into the stage]and ,i think i am one of those few people who struggled and toiled hard in my capacity as an actress to put nollywood where it is today[meaning: The foundation for the success of Nollywood was laid by her cronies and her which is a bogus statement by the way because she was/is no where near the people who built Nollywood. If she claims that, what will other ladies like Obot Etuk, Hilda Dokubo, Ameze Imariagbe, Uche Osotule, Jennifer Okere(RIP),Sandra Achums, Eucharia Anunobi etc say? ] .i have paid my dues,i have worked through my own in the industry.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by Nobody: 7:02am On Dec 06, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

I have no time to babysit people who cannot translate a statement into its subforms.

[img]http://(Laughing)stella,i think i have more than paid my dues.i got into the industry that was full of flaws,there were no rules to work by,nollywood practically had nothing when i began my career,i think [size=18pt]i am one of those few people [/size]who struggled and toiled hard in my capacity as an actress to put nollywood where it is today.i have paid my dues,i have worked through my own in the industry.
[/img]

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IS TO SPEND less TIME trying to blow stories out of proportion.

She said she was one of the people that brought nollywood to its position.

The headline suggested that she thinks that without her, nollywood woulndt have reach its status [whatever status that is], an insult to her person.

Aloy, this is not your first, you know what you're doing, and its very irrational of you.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by AloyEmeka6: 7:06am On Dec 06, 2009
Knock yourself out. Education is very important by the way.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by Nobody: 7:10am On Dec 06, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Knock yourself out. Education is very important by the way.
Knowing that is one thing, why dont you try getting it.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by naliakar: 7:16am On Dec 06, 2009
FL Gators:

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IS TO SPEND less TIME trying to blow stories out of proportion.

She said she was one of the people that brought nollywood to its position.

The headline suggested that she thinks that without her, nollywood woulndt have reach its status [whatever status that is], an insult to her person.

Not so by any stretch of the imagination. If only you jettison that sense of obtuse reasoning, you will read the interview and Omo's utterance thereupon as they should be read.

I could use the analogy of jazz music to explain further. Tell me you are game and i will explain it.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by Nobody: 7:38am On Dec 06, 2009
naliakar:

Not so by any stretch of the imagination. If only you jettison that sense of obtuse reasoning, you will read the interview and Omo's utterance thereupon as they should be read.

I could use the analogy of jazz music to explain further. Tell me you are game and i will explain it.

Where in the interview and which utterance did you see that made you justify Aloy Emaka's over-eagerness to paint Tola as though she's overblown with her self-importance?
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by rhymz(m): 7:49am On Dec 06, 2009
Me i no go lie,to a large extent,the theme is misleading.However,I totally disagree that she's one of those that put Nollywood where it's today especially when she presumed that when she came in there was practically nothing in nollywood,that's a big fat lie.A person that's not conversant with the industry development will think that she is a pioneer.That was careless and tactless and any furious observer could choose to construe it as the OP has done, if she claims to put nollywood where it's today what will the likes of Joke silver,Sandra Achumes,Bob Emmanuel,Olu JACOB,Uche Osetule(i used to love dis gal back then,she also made me cry in onome),Pete edochie(things fall apart remains a classics),Frances Agu(RIP)Hilda Dokubo,Liz Benson(no female deserves it more)Ragina Askia,Pat Atah,Ramsey Nuoah,Segun Arinze,baba Suwe,Aluwe,Sam loco and so on. , it smacks of arrogance to ignore these great ppl's achievements who actually were the ones that started when the industry had nothing and paved the way for her likes.My problem with Omotola is that she talks too much without tact and restraint,everytime she grants an interview she always comes off as arrogant and talkative,talks too much like a high sch kid but she's maturing and it's evidenced in the interview except for some minor idiosynracies here and there.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by amebono1: 8:17am On Dec 06, 2009
For heavens sake naliakar will you shut the hell up and stop acting like a circumcised she goat

@Aloy a.k.a hotfunmi

if i ever doubted dayokanu's words when he said you are funmi, i need to apologise to him, this thread is just a proof that you are funmi
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 06, 2009
!amebo no1:

For heavens sake naliakar will you shut the hell up and stop acting like a circumcised she goat

@Aloy a.k.a hotfunmi

if i ever doubted dayokanu's words when he said you are funmi, i need to apologise to him, this thread is just a proof that you are funmi
Dont mind them both.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by amebono1: 8:24am On Dec 06, 2009
FL Gators:

Dont mind them both.

it was this same type of argument funmi had also on this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-234065.0.html
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by rhymz(m): 8:26am On Dec 06, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

oh shut up.
im a fan of genny but i dont believe she put nollywood where it is today either, even though she is one of the best they have, along with omo.
lets pay credit where its due and give it to the producers and writers of good scripts (like Emem Isong for example)
i may be a genny fan but im not an ass kisser like this guy here.
Let's face the truth,even in terms of professional acting skills,she's just average.Jeny is way better than Omo when it comes to skillz,Omotola to me,sometimes over-reacts and doesn't know how to bring out emotions,this is where I score Jeny and stella damascus high.Like I ve always said,Omotola is a stereotyped actress,she's yet to move out of her comfort zone and do some real emotional shit.Her delivery is also just average jeny beats her hands down on that.Jeny's command of English is way better than Omotola's.I heard her once, 'say put off the stove' in a movie,'instead of put out the stove',her grammatical construction is usually very simple and common place,too ordinary for an actress of her status.I want to see her do more challenging roles that will bring her best and show us some real talent besides a pretty face.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by rhymz(m): 8:28am On Dec 06, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

oh shut up.
im a fan of genny but i dont believe she put nollywood where it is today either, even though she is one of the best they have, along with omo.
lets pay credit where its due and give it to the producers and writers of good scripts (like Emem Isong for example)
Let's face the truth,even in terms of professional acting skills,she's just average.Jeny is way better than Omo when it comes to skillz,Omotola to me,sometimes over-reacts and doesn't know how to bring out emotions,this is where I score Jeny and stella damascus high.Like I ve always said,Omotola is a stereotyped actress,she's yet to move out of her comfort zone and do some real emotional shit.Her delivery is also just average jeny beats her hands down on that.Jeny's command of English is way better than Omotola's.I heard her once, 'say put off the stove' in a movie,'instead of put out the stove',her grammatical construction is usually very simple and common place,too ordinary for an actress of her status.I want to see her do more challenging roles that will bring her best and show us some real talent besides a pretty face.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by naliakar: 8:46am On Dec 06, 2009
!amebo no1:

A circumcised she goat

Heheheheheheheh,

Jumping everywhere dreaming of glorious fulfillment in vain. That is what she does.

Poor Amebo. The logic  na transcend your level abeg. For your sake I will shut up, but not before iterating that Aloy-Emeka is right representing Omo's interview thus. And (this is important) Omo is undeniably the face of Nollywood's progress. well others contributed but she shaped it.
And what is this about her arrogance. since when did talking straight, and looking someone in the eye become arrogance abi?

Now,  Ahem. I can shut up
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by naliakar: 8:52am On Dec 06, 2009
rhymz:

Let's face the truth,even in terms of professional acting skills,she's just average.Jeny is way better than Omo when it comes to skillz,Omotola to me,sometimes over-reacts and doesn't know how to bring out emotions,this is where I score Jeny and stella damascus high.Like I ve always said,Omotola is a stereotyped actress,she's yet to move out of her comfort zone and do some real emotional poo.Her delivery is also just average jeny beats her hands down on that.Jeny's command of English is way better than Omotola's.I heard her once, 'say put off the stove' in a movie,'instead of put out the stove',her grammatical construction is usually very simple and common place,too ordinary for an actress of her status.I want to see her do more challenging roles that will bring her best and show us some real talent besides a pretty face.

Well, as usual it is the Genny aficionados who, true to habit,  cringe at being made to play the second fiddle. I encourage you to keep on the Genny hype in perpetuity. Well she acts and I love her professionalism, but it is CERTAINLY a wee lower than Omo's excellence. It is self evident and you can take that to the bank.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by amebono1: 8:56am On Dec 06, 2009
Genevieve did greater works than omotola, it took genevieve  a flick of her fingers to rise to stardom, omotola did not rise so fast, if omotola is the so called best, how come genny earns 50 times more than her

let it go already naliakar, get something to do with your life, you are here glorifying someone that has a fulfilled life already, where do you fall into? an undergraduate looking for a career to cover her head with?

For heavens sake i like omotola, but your obsession with her makes me feel like spanking you like the little pathetic kid you are
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by amebono1: 9:01am On Dec 06, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

oh shut up.

you dont have to say it, we all know thats what you think, but hey, you are free to deny it, doesnt change anything
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by semid4lyfe(m): 9:07am On Dec 06, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

who is screaming? i am simply replying to you.
do you see any " !!" eh??

Touche! You got me there. You refused to swallow the bait I dangled so tantalizingly in front of you. I really wanted to have a go at you because of our last 'episode' grin. You have just earned my respect admiration  wink
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 06, 2009
Thanks for modifying, still does not add substance to the point you're trying to get to, Aloy. If there's a point.

(Laughing)stella,i think i have more than paid my dues.i got into the industry that was full of flaws,there were no rules to work by,nollywood practically had nothing when i began my career[meaning: The industry was inept and lacks substance until I stepped into the stage]and ,i think i am one of those few people who struggled and toiled hard in my capacity as an actress to put nollywood where it is today[meaning: The foundation for the success of Nollywood was laid by her cronies and her which is a bogus statement by the way because she was/is no where near the people who built Nollywood. If she claims that, what will other ladies like Obot Etuk, Hilda Dokubo, Ameze Imariagbe, Uche Osotule, Jennifer Okere(RIP),Sandra Achums, Eucharia Anunobi etc say? ] .i have paid my dues,i have worked through my own in the industry.

While you're at it, try looking at who you dealt the cards to, when next you play the tribalistic game. Don't forget to deal yourself the same set of cards.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 06, 2009
Omotola Jalade did not put Nollywood where it is today.

Think of the directors, script writers and of course viewers, and you'll be closer to the truth.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by naliakar: 2:38pm On Dec 06, 2009
!amebo no1:

Genevieve did greater works than omotola, it took genevieve  a flick of her fingers to rise to stardom, omotola did not rise so fast, if omotola is the so called best, how come genny earns 50 times more than her

let it go already naliakar, get something to do with your life, you are here glorifying someone that has a fulfilled life already, where do you fall into? an undergraduate looking for a career to cover her head with?

For heavens sake i like omotola, but your obsession with her makes me feel like spanking you like the little pathetic kid you are

Amebo

I go tire oooh. That spanking is probably what I need. Are anywhere near Boston, I could make myself available. Now, your caveat has a palindrome element to it. On the one hand you decry obsession with personalities who have already achieved it (when I am the one deemed to have that inclination). And the other hand, with appearances of maturity, you spew the kernel of your obsession with Genny. Ehe, so like a petulant child you wish to play the good parent to Naliakar. May be you can.

Now who between Genny and Omotola is into effective community leadership (in 9ja and beyond)
Secondly When you run down the whole gamut of Nollywood's output and single out those movies with decidedly public issues as care, civil war FGM as themes and tell me the female character and actor you see. Omotola is much larger than Genny in scope. Can't you just see before you spank Naliakar?
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by amebono1: 2:46pm On Dec 06, 2009
naliakar:

Amebo

I go tire oooh. That spanking is probably what I need. Are anywhere near Boston, I could make myself available. Now, your caveat has a palindrome element to it. On the one hand you decry obsession with personalities who have already achieved it (when I am the one deemed to have that inclination).  And the other hand, with appearances of maturity, you spew the kernel of your obsession with Genny. Ehe, so like a petulant child you wish to play   the  good parent to Naliakar. May be you can.

Now who between Genny and Omotola is into effective community leadership (in 9ja and beyond)
Secondly When you run down the whole gamut of Nollywood's  output and single out those movies with decidedly public issues as care, civil war FGM as themes and tell me the female character and actor you see. Omotola is much larger than Genny in scope. Can't you  just see before you spank Naliakar?

even with all this grammar of urs, you are yet to achieve quarter of what these ladies have achieved? if you were not as dumb as the day the devil was castrated, you will know that i am more of omotolas fan than genny, but that does not stop me from speaking the truth when i see one, genny grew faster than omotola even when she had nobody to lean on in lagos, omotola is good, but can never gain the fame and popularity genny's gained

If she was so good, then i wonder why oprah omitted her name and put genny's instead
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by amebono1: 2:52pm On Dec 06, 2009
naliakar:

Amebo

Secondly When you run down the whole gamut of Nollywood's output and single out those movies with decidedly public issues as care, civil war FGM as themes and tell me the female character and actor you see. Omotola is much larger than Genny in scope. Can't you just see before you spank Naliakar?

now to answer your question, do you think genny does not do same? the fact that she has not announced it to the whole world to gain credit, does not mean she isnt doing something

Alot of us know this people in their real world even know more than the media knows

so sheeshhh
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by naliakar: 3:01pm On Dec 06, 2009
!amebo no1:

even with all this grammar of urs, you are yet to achieve quarter of what these ladies have achieved? if you were not as dumb as the day the devil was castrated, you will know that i am more of omotolas fan than genny, but that does not stop me from speaking the truth when i see one, genny grew faster than omotola even when she had nobody to lean on in lagos, omotola is good, but can never gain the fame and popularity genny's gained

If she was so good, then i wonder why oprah omitted her name and put genny's instead

heheheheh

I thought I was a circumcised she goat and I liked that. Now you've remoulded me into a castrated devil. Where did they get the balls to castrate, I am salivating at what I will morph into next Amebo. You are simply lovely.

The trouble with having dimorphic thought system is that something must be Either/Or. I do not see things that way and applauding Omo's achievements is not at the expense of Genny. Yet this is the tunnel vision of the worst specimen of Genny aficionados. I read from your presentation, a fine mind only occasionally irritated by contrary views.  So I will momentarily agree with you that Genny is good and that is why Oprah acknowledged her.  Sure I get sick if in one month I do not watch a Genny movie (they are getting increasingly rare of late). Geez, the girl is good. No doubt about that.

The point, upon which you seem to gloat by throwing all manner of  invectives my way, is that set down and I mean truly set down, OMOTOLA IS LARGER, INDEED FULLER than the proliferate one dimensional actors most of whom dot the surface of Nollywood. As an actor, parent, mother, UN ambassador,  social justice and change activist, model, and beauty.

this is my last singular rejoinder to you  Amebo. Be blessed and  merry xmas in advance
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by THEAMAKA3(f): 4:06pm On Dec 06, 2009
!amebo no1:

now to answer your question, do you think genny does not do same? the fact that she has not announced it to the whole world to gain credit, does not mean she isnt doing something

Alot of us know this people in their real world even know more than the media knows

so sheeshhh
YESSS OOO, i agree.
naliakar is always saying that omo does more charity work than genny when you are WRONG, so WRONG!
just because genny doesnt have a camera following her around to take pictures of her "good work" doesnt mean she isnt doing anything.
she came up with a smart way of handling her business, acting, and doing charity all at the same time.
and oh yeah, genny turned down yankee girls cause she didnt like the script. she was supposed to be acting in that film alongside omo but she turned it down.
omo has been taking up some really crapy roles lately (no lie) what is beyonce and rihanna? hot girls/yankee girls/the return of yankee girls, ect ect.
anyway i think you naliakar need to read this interview here:

http://libvixen..com/2008/05/genevieve-interview.html
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by Nobody: 12:33am On Dec 07, 2009
Siena:

Omotola Jalade did not put Nollywood where it is today.

Think of the directors, script writers and of course viewers, and you'll be closer to the truth.
Exactly what Aloy wants with his misleading title.

Siena, would you ot agree that she is ONE OF MANY THAT BOUGHT NOLLYWOOD TO WHERE IT IS?

She never said she was the one, she said she as amongst many that bought nollywood to where it is
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by Nobody: 12:34am On Dec 07, 2009
She still didn't contribute to anything. What sort of contribution? When the industry was crap, she acted crappy movies. Did she protest against Rihanna and Beyonce or Yankee Girls??

Make she go siddon jare.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by Nobody: 12:35am On Dec 07, 2009
michelin89:

She still didn't contribute to anything. What sort of contribution? When the industry was crap, she acted crappy movies. Did she protest against Rihanna and Beyonce or Yankee Girls??

Make she go siddon jare.
My friend, there are amny other crappy actors and actresses on Nollywood, I'll give her the beans. She acted and helped bring some kinda fame to Nollywood. [Atleast to the yoruba part of Nollywood]
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by Nobody: 12:37am On Dec 07, 2009
She might have made Nollywood famous but she still didn't contribute to the quality. When she becomes a producer she can say something. Now she is just of the many people acting there to feed their mouths.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by Nobody: 12:41am On Dec 07, 2009
michelin89:

[size=18pt]She might have made Nollywood famous[/size] but she still didn't contribute to the quality. When she becomes a producer she can say something. Now she is just of the many people acting there to feed their mouths.
Thank you, that's what she said.
Name any actor/actress that are also Nollywoo producers with quality movies.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by Nobody: 12:42am On Dec 07, 2009
But that is not what she is saying. She is saying she contributed to the improvement of Nollywood and I want to know how.
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by Nobody: 12:43am On Dec 07, 2009
Truth be told, I dont know how either. . . . I just disagree with the misleading title, thatz all. grin grin
Re: Omotola Jalade: I Put Nollywood Where It Is Today by naliakar: 2:40am On Dec 07, 2009
Ooh. They are out of the woodwork again. My my, my, my, !!
I have to go into hiding now and fast.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Funmi Iyanda Covers Issue 3 Of Mania Magazine - Rate The Photo / Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji / PHOTOS: Powerful Leaders and celebrities in Illuminati Flaunting Their signs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.