Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Girlfriend Of 6 Months Recently Decided She Only Wants To Be Friends. What Do... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Girlfriend Of 6 Months Recently Decided She Only Wants To Be Friends. What Do... (941 Views)

Man Dumps His Girlfriend Of 5 Years After Discovering She Has A Secret Child / Pls Friends What Is The Way Out... / 10 Clear Signs That A Campus Guy Only Wants Your Body - EDUREGARD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Girlfriend Of 6 Months Recently Decided She Only Wants To Be Friends. What Do... by Josephamstrong1(m): 5:18pm On Feb 10, 2017
Girlfriend of 6 months recently decided she only wants to be friends. What do I do? Will things eventually work out?

We're both of age, I've been dating an amazing woman for 6 months. Things have been amazing. She's literally a female me. I get along with her family so well! And she does with mine. This has been the longest relationship she's been in ever.

This last month she has moved out of home on her own. And we had the talk where she just wants to be friends... She has mention before that she's nervous of the idea of being with someone for so long. We've tried the friends thing for 2 weeks now. And have hung out as just friends. It's been rough for me though. Not being able to kiss her good night or tell her I love her anymore is hard...

I love this girl tremendously and I know she feels the same. You might ask why I'm still friends if it hurts, I just hate the idea of losing her.. And I have this shred of hope that maybe things will work out...

I know this is stupid of me. Idk what to do. Do you think it could work? I've never met a person that I get this along with and have this much in common with. Every moment together is non stop talking, there is never a dull moment together. I don't get it..
Re: Girlfriend Of 6 Months Recently Decided She Only Wants To Be Friends. What Do... by chuksp09(m): 5:22pm On Feb 10, 2017
If u have been dating for six months, ther should be a reason why she suddenly wants to be friends. U have not told why.. ..

1 Like

Re: Girlfriend Of 6 Months Recently Decided She Only Wants To Be Friends. What Do... by Softorgasm(m): 5:29pm On Feb 10, 2017
Brother don't suffer for nothing...
Don't worry your heart for nothing..
It is not stated anywhere that you must love just one woman..
when a door closes, another open, but often times we look too close at the close door and we forget to see the one that has been open...
If she has decided to let go of you, then my brother you too should let go of her and in a short time, you will find love again...
no time for bullshit from any lady...

1 Like

Re: Girlfriend Of 6 Months Recently Decided She Only Wants To Be Friends. What Do... by soberdrunk(m): 5:34pm On Feb 10, 2017
Lmao!!! The only reason why a woman will sentence a man to the "Friendzone" is because she has found a "better" package, its like when you buy a 'brand new' car and you keep the old one for rough journeys. My guy the "only" solution is to go on the "offensive', start acting like you dont give a damn about her and avoid her as much as possible, bring another girl into the picture and show her that you have got game too. If you take the "loverboy" route, and start getting all desperately romantic, i can assure you that you will be in the friendzone for a very long time and most likely end up heartbroken angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Girlfriend Of 6 Months Recently Decided She Only Wants To Be Friends. What Do... by y0rmee: 5:49pm On Feb 10, 2017
soberdrunk:
Lmao!!! The only reason why a woman will sentence a man to the "Friendzone" is because she has found a "better" package , its like when you buy a 'brand new' car and you keep the old one for rough journeys. My guy the "only" solution is to go on the "offensive', start acting like you dont give a damn about her and avoid her as much as possible, bring another girl into the picture and show her that you have got game too. If you take the "loverboy" route, and start getting all desperately romantic, i can assure you that you will be in the friendzone for a very long time and most likely end up heartbroken angry angry

YOUR assumption is outrightly wrong, bro!

1 Like

Re: Girlfriend Of 6 Months Recently Decided She Only Wants To Be Friends. What Do... by Nobody: 5:52pm On Feb 10, 2017
Why do I have the feeling you're not saying all?
No fight and she just decided that?
Re: Girlfriend Of 6 Months Recently Decided She Only Wants To Be Friends. What Do... by y0rmee: 5:54pm On Feb 10, 2017
Mzpurity:
Why do I have the feeling you're not saying all?
No fight and she just decided that?

I had an exact experience as his. No fight, no nothing. She just suddenly desires no commitment any longer. So, what do you say?
Re: Girlfriend Of 6 Months Recently Decided She Only Wants To Be Friends. What Do... by Nobody: 5:55pm On Feb 10, 2017
She is weary of you. Go and rest. She don find better person.
Re: Girlfriend Of 6 Months Recently Decided She Only Wants To Be Friends. What Do... by Nobody: 5:56pm On Feb 10, 2017
y0rmee:

YOUR assumption is outrightly wrong, bro!
why do you say so? left for me, he's very right.
Re: Girlfriend Of 6 Months Recently Decided She Only Wants To Be Friends. What Do... by Nobody: 5:59pm On Feb 10, 2017
She is bored of you .. or seen a better catch

When you don't give her what she needs grin wt do u expect undecided
Re: Girlfriend Of 6 Months Recently Decided She Only Wants To Be Friends. What Do... by y0rmee: 6:01pm On Feb 10, 2017
Lucaz:
why do you say so? left for me, he's very right.

I meant the bolded part of the quoted statement.
Re: Girlfriend Of 6 Months Recently Decided She Only Wants To Be Friends. What Do... by Bahddo(m): 6:41pm On Feb 10, 2017
So she suddenly asks to be just friends and you agreed? You even tried to hang out as just friends? Damn! You sound so boring bro. Those nice guys that always come last.

Here's why I think she asked to be just friends. You are so lukewarm and do not make her feel she's in a relationship. You probably think that's the way to go but many girls want badass excitement in their relationships, not just holding hands. That's why the bad boys seem more appealing to them.

Ditch this your boring good boy robe and learn to excite both her mind and her flesh. Get into her head, tease her. Learn to play with her mind and get her all wet and ready for you without even touching her. Make her want you, but don't let her have her way just like that. And when she's about to despair, give it to her hard wink

Guy you need to step up o.

1 Like

Re: Girlfriend Of 6 Months Recently Decided She Only Wants To Be Friends. What Do... by Josephamstrong1(m): 6:46pm On Feb 10, 2017
seun,mynd44,lalasticlala oya come o! Wat's ur advice.
We need more advice.
Re: Girlfriend Of 6 Months Recently Decided She Only Wants To Be Friends. What Do... by eezeribe(m): 6:50pm On Feb 10, 2017
From your write up,she has never been in a relationship for more than six months.

Sorry Bro,you fell in love with a public toilet. You have expired in her life, it's time for her to find the next dick to ride.

JUST MOVE ON.such girls don't actually fall in love,they just have serial flings.

1 Like

Re: Girlfriend Of 6 Months Recently Decided She Only Wants To Be Friends. What Do... by Nobody: 6:57pm On Feb 10, 2017
Josephamstrong1:
Girlfriend of 6 months recently decided she only wants to be friends. What do I do? Will things eventually work out?
We're both of age, I've been dating an amazing woman for 6 months. Things have been amazing. She's literally a female me. I get along with her family so well! And she does with mine. This has been the longest relationship she's been in ever. This last month she has moved out of home on her own. And we had the talk where she just wants to be friends... She has mention before that she's nervous of the idea of being with someone for so long. We've tried the friends thing for 2 weeks now. And have hung out as just friends. It's been rough for me though. Not being able to kiss her good night or tell her I love her anymore is hard... I love this girl tremendously and I know she feels the same. You might ask why I'm still friends if it hurts, I just hate the idea of losing her.. And I have this shred of hope that maybe things will work out... I know this is stupid of me. Idk what to do. Do you think it could work? I've never met a person that I get this along with and have this much in common with. Every moment together is non stop talking, there is never a dull moment together. I don't get it..
You should b happy that she was kind enough to tell you. Some will go ahead to do whatever and making u seem d fool.
Re: Girlfriend Of 6 Months Recently Decided She Only Wants To Be Friends. What Do... by y0rmee: 8:17pm On Feb 10, 2017
eezeribe:
From your write up,she has never been in a relationship for more than six months.

Sorry Bro,you fell in love with a public toilet. You have expired in her life, it's time for her to find the next dick to ride.

JUST MOVE ON.such girls don't actually fall in love,they just have serial flings.

Spot on, bro! You're so on point!
Re: Girlfriend Of 6 Months Recently Decided She Only Wants To Be Friends. What Do... by jashar(f): 8:25pm On Feb 10, 2017
Apparently, she has a commitment phobia.

Don't rush her, give her space.

My sincere opinion is to cut off from her for awhile. You obviously have feelings for her and I don't think it's fair to you to try and be friends with her so soon.

Give yourself time to adjust and prepare yourself that she might not come back.

It's not fair of her to want you around when she knows you have feelings that she doesn't wanna reciprocate.

All za best...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Valentine Outing Gone Wrong... / Any Emotionally Available Mature Man Out There? / Nigerian Women Are Becoming Overtly Masculine And Ugly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.