Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,423 members, 7,819,522 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Men Don't Like Tall Women - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men Don't Like Tall Women (65721 Views)

Why Do People Like Tall Girls? / Tall Women Or Short Women – Which Do You Prefer? / Why Do Short Men Like To Date Tall Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by rebelious: 3:18pm On Dec 07, 2009
sorry o? all this talk about height don make me dey wonder. please im 5ft6 my twin brother is 6ft3 my mum is5ft10 and my ex is 6ft4. am i short cos they call me shortie. only aroun dem do i fell inferior. @poster lets exchange life. undecided
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by yeswecan(m): 3:19pm On Dec 07, 2009
dolu2007:

The reverse is the case here,

Obviously
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by qkman: 3:31pm On Dec 07, 2009
@Poster,

Are you having problems getting a date?
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by mickydu(m): 3:34pm On Dec 07, 2009
well not all tall men  like tall women it all depends on choice you what you like is what you go for
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 07, 2009
I think if a lady has to be tall, the physical endowments shouldn't be left out, very important, wiv everything in place the world is hers, a man goes after physique first then character, personality then the rest, grin grin grin grin as for me, i'm a 6'3 footer while my potential wife is 6'1, our union is so blissful, but you need guts to talk 2 one
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by banku: 4:38pm On Dec 07, 2009
I think the lady is right.

1. Some men may be intimidated by the height.

2. Short men dream about tall girls for a) the contract to increase the height of their children b) feel elevated

3. Tall guys may fear that their children may turn out to be a giant and some tall women go for short men for that reason too.

Nevertheless, it helps to smile, especially at the guys you like.
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by nethacker(m): 5:08pm On Dec 07, 2009
i go crazy for tall,hipsy,beautiful and sexy babes but not da ugly n hungry ones  grin grin  kiss
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by MrCartha: 5:21pm On Dec 07, 2009
Na tall or no tall man go chop?! What if she come take d one wey she for take get sense take tall and sense, ba'kudi?!!!!! Na sense be woman and no be height. Abeg make una bring topic make we yab angry angry angry angry
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by edoyad(m): 5:21pm On Dec 07, 2009
Mr rank007 , i envy you o. Abeg your babe get sister wey dey the same height ? grin
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 07, 2009
Lucky you, some of us which we were 5inches taller.  undecided
Who wants to wear heels all the time?
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by kech(f): 5:32pm On Dec 07, 2009
banku:

I think the lady is right.

1. Some men may be intimidated by the height.

2. Short men dream about tall girls for a) the contract to increase the height of their children b) feel elevated

3. Tall guys may fear that their children may turn out to be a giant and some tall women go for short men for that reason too.

Nevertheless, it helps to smile, especially at the guys you like.

Oh boy!! Sometimes I wonder if it's only Nigerians that don't know how human genes work. I can remember in my Uni days, instead of some guy (who I'm obviously taller than) to come out right and tell me he's feeling me, he'll say stuff like, "Don't go out with a guy that's taller than you ooo, you guys will have giants. You need to marry someone shorter than you." I just look at him and say in my head "What an ignoramus. He obviously thinks the height of your child is gotten from adding both parent's heights"  undecided undecided
Gigantism is an abnormality. Both parents being tall does not mean the kids will be giants. It just means there's a very high chance that all the kids will be tall. They may even have a short child if one parent has the "shortness" gene in his/her family.
To be fair to the guy, I don't blame him. Girls/women who are very tall are scarce in Naija. Whenever I'm back home, it's like the alien has landed grin.

1 Like

Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by Macgreat(m): 5:45pm On Dec 07, 2009
I like tall ladies , kiss
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by edoyad(m): 5:51pm On Dec 07, 2009
grin grin grin
@kech, the alien has landed ?
And what planet exactly is the Alien from ? grin
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by bigrod1: 5:54pm On Dec 07, 2009
[size=24pt]i love hippy babes.my rank007,can i loan dat ur babe for 2 nights,pls[/size]
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by ijawgirl: 6:04pm On Dec 07, 2009
hehe too bad for you

I am SIX foot tall.  cool
tall men, short men and dwarfs approach me. smiley  my height has never been a barrier----
I am blessed smiley
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by edoyad(m): 6:08pm On Dec 07, 2009
Ijaw please marry now ?
PS:hope no one in your family is a militant ? grin LOLs
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by GeorgeD1(m): 6:11pm On Dec 07, 2009
short men like tall woman for sure! grin
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by ijawgirl: 6:32pm On Dec 07, 2009
edoyad:

Ijaw please marry now ?
PS:hope no one in your family is a militant ?  grin  LOLs

grin naa we dont breed criminals in my fam
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by koolchicco: 6:35pm On Dec 07, 2009
@Topic

It depends on the purpose. . . lipsrsealed
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by hackney(m): 6:45pm On Dec 07, 2009
@poster

WHAT?!!!!!!
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by drrionelli(m): 6:54pm On Dec 07, 2009
@nastiptop:
Don't let the attitudes of some fellows turn you off.  My sisters, both of whom are fairly tall, will attest that there are a fair number of guys who find height a non-issue.  

It seems that some men are uncomfortable with ladies who are as tall as, or taller, than they.  This is absurd, and it's nothing more than a societal construct that says ladies have to be shorter than their men.  

Hold your head up and walk proudly!  If you like heels, wear them!  These things will show a man that you have confidence, and, believe me, there is nothing more attractive than a confident woman!  grin
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by chire(m): 7:21pm On Dec 07, 2009
@poster

it depends on how tall "tall" is.any not more than 6 ft is very ok. i'm about 6 ft 4 and in the past i've dated 2 ladies who were around 6 ft.i found out that the tall ladies are really much cooler and sweeter than the shorter ones who seem to act overly aggressive (maybe it  is insecurity or something).i understand some guys may have low esteem or be afraid to talk to you.if some guys feel intimidated or scared to talk to you,then tough luck for them.
i think men like tall women.they are just too scared to approach them. would you want to be with timid men who can not perform a simple task of approaching a woman he admires?
some guys make me laugh.i mean,whats the big deal in approaching a  lady (tall or short)and telling her you would like to get to know a bit more about her??.its very easy.if a guy dresses responsibly and behaves maturedly about the whole episode,then everything will be ok.
its a funny world.the short man wishes to be tall so he can get taller ladies, while the tall man is scared of approaching tall ladies.he does what he is missing.
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by MUZBO(m): 7:26pm On Dec 07, 2009
ijaw_girl:

hehe too bad for you

I am SIX foot tall.  cool
tall men, short men and dwarfs approach me. smiley  my height has never been a barrier----
I am blessed smiley
Please teach the poster o!
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by kech(f): 7:28pm On Dec 07, 2009
drrionelli:

@nastiptop:
Don't let the attitudes of some fellows turn you off.  My sisters, both of whom are fairly tall, will attest that there are a fair number of guys who find height a non-issue.  

It seems that some men are uncomfortable with ladies who are as tall as, or taller, than they.  This is absurd, and it's nothing more than a societal construct that says ladies have to be shorter than their men.  

Hold your head up and walk proudly!  If you like heels, wear them!  These things will show a man that you have confidence, and, believe me, there is nothing more attractive than a confident woman!  grin

WORD!! Thank you jare. ALL my dress shoes have heels! The only flats in my wardrobe are my sneakers, loafers for work, and my flat ballet shoes. It's always funny when people say "Ahhh, you are very tall and you are wearing heels again, Ahhh!" Sorry to disappoint you hon, I'm rocking those Louboutins with you.  grin
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 07, 2009
big rod:

[size=24pt]i love hippy babes.my rank007,can i loan dat your babe for 2 nights,pls[/size]

Roddy piper where in the globe have you seen women go on loan, haba, u no hear am!!! my potential wife, but I thank God oooo, I couldn't be any blessed than wetin I don perceive and I come take am, the only 9jirian girl wey don change my perception abt dem grls , d good ones dey, search man  grin grin grin

edoyad:

Mr rank007 , i envy you o. Abeg your babe  get sister wey dey the same height  ?  grin
hey thanks, the funny thing is that the sister is a marid already and they're only two. She's the younger one embarassed soorrrri
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by denny4ril: 8:06pm On Dec 07, 2009
wink taller girls do feel they are uncontrollable and equal to a guy. LOL!
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by GeorgeD1(m): 8:10pm On Dec 07, 2009
the taller, the better. that means your pole will have a longer room to travel in, hence better satisfaction. grin
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by kommy27(f): 8:22pm On Dec 07, 2009
Opposite attracts
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by bodsibobo(m): 8:45pm On Dec 07, 2009
grin grin grin MEN DON'T LIKE TALL WOMEN; YEAH, WE JUST LIKE LONG LEGS! grin grin grin
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by sofadj(m): 9:24pm On Dec 07, 2009
get a life
Re: Men Don't Like Tall Women by ijawgirl: 9:25pm On Dec 07, 2009
George_D:

the taller, the better. that means your pole will have a longer room to travel in, hence better satisfaction. grin

grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos Of A Cute Couple Who Met On Nairaland / Can You Marry A Virgin Man ? / Dzifa Sweetness: The Panties Some Ladies Wear Will Make Men Cheat On Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.