Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,232 members, 7,829,422 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) - Sports (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) (43338 Views)

Poll: What's your prediction?

Nigeria wins: 63% (118 votes)
Egypt wins: 23% (44 votes)
Draw: 12% (24 votes)
This poll has ended

Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating / Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 / Sweden Vs Nigeria (3 - 3) Fifa Women's World Cup On 8th June, 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by nazzyon(m): 7:13pm On Jan 12, 2010
Some are requesting for a foreign coach while others want a clean sweep of the squad.

Where do we beginning?
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Spyker: 7:13pm On Jan 12, 2010
When a team does well. praise the coach, when it does poorly, [size=32pt]SACK/FIRE the coach. See what happened to England's Sven Goran Ericsson.[/size]
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by nich(m): 7:14pm On Jan 12, 2010
singing: .  .  . the land is green, it's green for me .  .  .  cheesy
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Ibime(m): 7:14pm On Jan 12, 2010
Akolawole:

I dont think you knew the gravity of your last statement.

Brother, you can always support England national team. Abi no be so.

## If you've been following Nigeria team for long time, you will know why few players is always in the team even though they shouldnt. From 1982 nation cup in Libya, i can give you loads of names that shouldnt even be in the team.

Both local and oyinbo coaches does this.

Ask Dr Kit, HNIC, Alabi and other oldies in the house.

We have supported the team and we will continue to do so despite all odds.

And what have you won since 1982?

Do you know the pressure Capello is under to drop Beckham from certain sections of the media?

At least Beckham is still young.

Who is putting the same pressure on Amodu to drop Kanu in Nigeria?

They are busy singing Kanus praises and nominating him for this and that award.

You see the truth but choose to look the other way.

It is people like you that condone corruption and incompetence in Nigeria.

This kind of attitude is what gives Turai confidence to be deceiving y'all over Yaradua's brain damage.

What do you want me to ask Dr Kit?. . . . is it not Dr Kit who speaks on behalf of Yakubu and Olofinjana?. . . . I remember Dr Kit going out of his way to defend pregnant Yakubu in the last AFCON.  grin

Too much focus on personalities. . . . no focus on INSTITUTION. . . . the institution of the Super Eagles is bigger than any one player.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Sagamite(m): 7:14pm On Jan 12, 2010
jay bee:

[size=30pt]SAGAMITE SAGAMITE SAGAMITE[/size]
Amodu don loose competitve match comprehensively oh so what u gotta say about dat?
dat dude is clueless and something desperately need to be done abt the curse currently on naij.

On the bright side for me though, i only have one bleeping nigerian baller (yobo) in ma fantasy team. Hassan def copped me some well needed points with his wonder goal.

Yep, you are right. He has finally lost.

Somehow they played well in the first half  and disintegrated in the second.

Yakubu was not existent.

Yobo needs to be benched NOW. The third goal, how can a professional player let the man he is marking be on his blind side and be running behind him. Nwaneri saw it and was heading to cover but another Egpytian came from the middle, no one picked him up and he scored.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Kc0022000(m): 7:15pm On Jan 12, 2010
Those calling for J.J Okocha to join this idiot for the worldcup should shut up
paddy_lo:

[size=16pt]ok guys. . .calm down.  .

this game was lost when we didnt go up 2-0
the referee was kinda biased. . .there was a clear hand ball. . .
in the box 18

we should have gone up 2-0. . and finished the egyptians off. .

end of story. . .

and the egyptians scored 2 lucky goals. .
i deflection and 1 defensive mistake. .

at best it should have been 1-1

lets not start bad mouthing our country,its only a game. . .

and we have 2 matches to go. . .

my 2 cents
[/size]
Story.Football is about scoring goals whichever ways, just score the goals and we didnt with YAKUBU
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by morpheus24: 7:15pm On Jan 12, 2010
paddy_lo:

[size=16pt]ok guys. . .calm down.  .

. .

my 2 cents
[/size]

Do you watch the games between the North Africans and us. ITs the same story every single time. Same format of goals. Same thing everysingle time.

Thats not luck. Thats stupidity!!!
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by kayc33(m): 7:16pm On Jan 12, 2010
bunch of wankers! angry
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Sagamite(m): 7:17pm On Jan 12, 2010
paddy_lo:

ok guys. . .calm down.  .

this game was lost when we didnt go up 2-0
the referee was kinda biased. . .there was a clear hand ball. . .
in the box 18

we should have gone up 2-0. . and finished the egyptians off. .

end of story. . .

at best it should have been 1-1

lets not start bad mouthing our country,its only a game. . .

and we have 2 matches to go. . .

my 2 cents

It was ball to hand, mate. Definitely not a penalty.

Absolutely no biase.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by bawomolo(m): 7:17pm On Jan 12, 2010
i deflection and 1 defensive mistake

I guess its not the responsibility of the super eagles to avoid defensive mistakes or face the shot they are trying to block.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Iyineda(m): 7:18pm On Jan 12, 2010
flashgeek:

My heart bleeds for Nigeria ,Nothing is working us.We are losing in every way ,sports ,politics ,economy the list is Endless.I think it is time we really [size=14pt]cry to GOD[/size] to save us because this nation is really upside down.That match was just an example of how messed up our nation is.

PHEW , why me? Why do i have to belong to such a country ehn ,why me GOD?

WORST. IDEA. EVER.

It is these kind of delusional thoughts that make Nigeria go deeper and deeper to unfathomable levels of a dark. . . dark pit of vacuum.

We should stop trying to "summon" spirits and all sorts of stellar beliefs.

I'm not saying I have a grand plan for the country. I'm just saying we should start by getting more in touch with our intellect.

Regarding the match, it started off pretty well. I was happy with the first 25 minutes of the match, then I noticed the SE's tendency to sit back and commit silly mistakes in defense. I knew we wouldn't end the match victorious. And honestly, the scoreline could have been much MUCH worse. . . undecided

I'm still waiting to see their performance against Benin before calling anyone off.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by kaaz(m): 7:19pm On Jan 12, 2010
Super rubbish
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Sagamite(m): 7:19pm On Jan 12, 2010
The first goal was Yobo, Nwaneri and Enyeama's fault.

The second goal was a lucky deflection.

The third goal was Yobo's fault.

Yobo, Yakubu and Mohammad had stinkers for this game.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by julioralph(m): 7:20pm On Jan 12, 2010
I'm not suprised we lost- as always we let our guard down after scoring first! Yakubu nd Mohamed hav no biz in d starting 11 & of course dis has once again exposed d deficiencies of Amodu. here's hoping benin rep don't disgrace us.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by nazzyon(m): 7:20pm On Jan 12, 2010
Seen the Eurosport current post yet?

CHAMPIONS EGYPT SHOOT DOWN EAGLES

Like sey we be birds.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Pharaohs: 7:20pm On Jan 12, 2010

An way all egyptians respect the nigerian football and iam sure nigeria will qualifay to quarter final

and if we met Nigeria again in the final , Nigeria still have all the chances to win if they play as a men  and knew there is mellions people watching them in

nigeria
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by youngbest(m): 7:21pm On Jan 12, 2010
Sagamite:

Yep, you are right. He has finally lost.

Somehow they played well in the first half  and disintegrated in the second.

Yakubu was not existent.

Yobo needs to be benched NOW. The third goal, how can a professional player let the man he is marking be on his blind side and be running behind him. Nwaneri saw it and was heading to cover but another Egpytian came from the middle, no one picked him up and he scored.
hey sag wassup happy new yr
ur finaly seeing y i dont want amodu
yobo is a disaster
but wen eva i see him playin 4 eveton i am in awe of him
but in d Nigerian team he looks dumb
yakubu is useless non-exitent it too good a word
we need 2 start somone wit fire pwer dat somone is nsofor
den yak enters later
den wen dey want to put kanu dey shoul remove one of
d def mid fielder shift mikel back
all d same i b naija till fade,
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by nich(m): 7:22pm On Jan 12, 2010
nazzyon:

Seen the Eurosport current post yet?

CHAMPIONS EGYPT SHOOT DOWN EAGLES

Like sey we be birds.

singing: .  .  . big birds dont fly .  .  . big birds, they dont fly .  .  .  grin
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by flashgeek: 7:22pm On Jan 12, 2010
I am not angry that they lost ,i am angry at the way they lost.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by nazzyon(m): 7:22pm On Jan 12, 2010
Our closest neighbours are about to start.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Ibime(m): 7:22pm On Jan 12, 2010
Sagamite:

The first goal was Yobo, Nwaneri and Enyeama's fault.

The second goal was a lucky deflection.

The third goal was Yobo's fault.

Yobo and Mohammad had stinkers for this game.

The second goal was Taiwo's fault. . . what was Nnwaneri doing covering his left back position. . . even by the time he got back, if he had the desire, he would have blocked the shot. . . . he just turned his back on it.

The third goal was KANU and Yobo's fault.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by princekevo(m): 7:23pm On Jan 12, 2010
Am jst very angry that i denied myself sleep to watch this bigmen disgrace us.
I rather go to bed b4 i lost control. I jst hope they will be out on the group stage so that those criminal at Aso rock will stop embezzling our money without any result.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by moonraker(m): 7:24pm On Jan 12, 2010
@ princekevo

same boat with yu, these chickens are not worth it
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by paddylo1(m): 7:25pm On Jan 12, 2010
It was ball to hand, mate. Definitely not a penalty.

Absolutely no biase.

[size=16pt]i have seen penaltys given in less obvious situation than that, . .dont tell me u havent[/size]

Do you watch the games between the North Africans and us. ITs the same story every single time. Same format of goals. Same thing everysingle time.

Thats not luck. Thats stupidity!!!

[size=16pt]hopefully we wont meet any north african team till the finals. . [/size] grin

I guess its not the responsibility of the super eagles to avoid defensive mistakes or face the shot they are trying to block.
[size=16pt]hopefully they learn. . and make the necessary adjustments[/size]
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Sagamite(m): 7:26pm On Jan 12, 2010
youngbest:

hey sag wassup happy new yr
your finaly seeing y i dont want amodu
yobo is a disaster
but wen eva i see him playin 4 eveton i am in awe of him
but in d Nigerian team he looks dumb

yakubu is useless non-exitent it too good a word
we need 2 start somone wit fire pwer dat somone is nsofor
den yak enters later
den wen dey want to put kanu dey shoul remove one of
d def mid fielder shift mikel back
all d same i b naija till fade,

Exactly with Yobo. But the reality is that with his club performance, if he is not played, we will all scream blue murder.

Now is the time to bench him. Next game I want to see Shittu and Nwaneri/Apam. Bleep Yobo, fuuuck him big time!
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by mikeoscar: 7:26pm On Jan 12, 2010
Now this is really a nightmare
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by LuniyiGlo(m): 7:27pm On Jan 12, 2010
The Giant of Africa gets bent over again!!! angry angry
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by allboyz(m): 7:27pm On Jan 12, 2010
amodu must go
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by An0nimus: 7:28pm On Jan 12, 2010
to say that first goal nai been the only goal and we win,most of us for no dey crucify Amodu like this.that aside,Amodu is too slow for a coach of a good team like ours.he shud have read that game in time and made some very nice changes not taking Mikel out when he was gettin a hang of things and puttin Kanu who in my opinion lacks the pace to withstand the Egyptians.Aiyegbeni just vanish for thegame for like the last 25mins. undecided, OBASI,u too mach!!! grin hope still de wink
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by NosaHenry(m): 7:28pm On Jan 12, 2010
Why was it not Nigeria that were attacked instead of Togo, so that we will have a good reason of not participating in this tournament
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by nazzyon(m): 7:29pm On Jan 12, 2010
alolboyz must go    grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Sagamite(m): 7:29pm On Jan 12, 2010
Ibime:

The second goal was Taiwo's fault. . . what was Nnwaneri doing covering his left back position. . . even by the time he got back, if he had the desire, he would have blocked the shot. . . . he just turned his back on it.

The third goal was KANU and Yobo's fault.

TT is a WB, that is the spice he adds to the game. So it is not a big deal when someone else covers for him. His CB and DM should know they would have to do that frequently.

paddy_lo:

i have seen penaltys given in less obvious situation than that,  . .dont tell me u havent

Oga, try and use smaller text na.

If that (or less) is given then it is wrong. The ball flew to his am after a deflection off his body.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (38) (Reply)

Messi: It Hurt When Ronaldo Won His Fifth Ballon D'or / Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) / Everton Stars Celebrate Liverpool 2-0 Win In Anfield Dressing Room(Photos,Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.