Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,987 members, 7,828,488 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) - Sports (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) (43333 Views)

Poll: What's your prediction?

Nigeria wins: 63% (118 votes)
Egypt wins: 23% (44 votes)
Draw: 12% (24 votes)
This poll has ended

Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating / Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 / Sweden Vs Nigeria (3 - 3) Fifa Women's World Cup On 8th June, 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by bkbaybe99: 7:56pm On Jan 12, 2010
HAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAH. I just seen the highlights of the game, yall team sucks!!!! A buncha slow, fat, overaged, fc.u.k.ss. lol. yall soccer team gone get slaughtered in the world cup. Having the Broncos represent yall would have been a better alternative.suckas!!! Nothing works in that d.a.mn country!!!lol
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by degubi(m): 7:56pm On Jan 12, 2010
The outcome of the match is no suprise at all when you have a coach that is bereft of ideas, with a bunch of players who do not play in top clubs, and choose to play big boy football. I would love to see us go out in the first round so that with a disgraceful outing the necessary changes can be made.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by otokx(m): 7:57pm On Jan 12, 2010
Let us perish with AMODU
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by omar22(m): 7:58pm On Jan 12, 2010
Now look at the Mozambique we struggled to score one goal against in 180 minutes, has been put to the sword by Rep of Benin within the first 20 minutes.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Princek12(m): 7:58pm On Jan 12, 2010
bottom line, Amodu is a fool and an idiot; he can't make up his mind. How do you expect to win when you choose your players, many of whom are not fit, before camp.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by pixiraver(m): 7:58pm On Jan 12, 2010
The most overrated footballer ever to havee come out of Naija is Mikel John Obi, he shouldn't be in the team, he kills the play. Tactically Amodu is very poor, after Egypt equalized they sat back and waited for us and hit us on the counter, what is the purpose of having 2 defensive midfielders if they can't even cover the defenders?

Yobo was poor, Nwaneri was poor, Taiwo is better used as an attacker than a defender, Uche and Yakubu were hardly fed with good balls, MIKEL IS THE CAUSE OF OUR PROBLEMS!
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by otokx(m): 8:00pm On Jan 12, 2010
I reserve my comments till after the next match.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by asunaobi(m): 8:02pm On Jan 12, 2010
This Nigerian side is too good. They have shown why they are true proffesionals. Imagine when they scored first against the Egyptians, as usual, the proffesionals of Nigeria went into their pride and egoccentric mode. They started playing as if the whole world belonged to them. Nothing has really changed, still the same horses with the same riders. I see it as more of attitude problems and an indepth corruption than anything else.

Anyway, he who blows the piper dances to the tune. We are only judging based on what we see on the television. We dont actually know exactly what is going on behind the doors.

A country that its president disappeared into thin air without a word. I wonder the type of encouragement the players went into the pitch with, knowing quite well that there is a very bleak future for our dear country back home. They may not even have a country to return to after the tournament, who knows. I am not trying to sound cynical here, neither will I borrow and wear a dress of sentiments.
The only thing that will turn things around in Nigeria is a change in attitude for both Tom and Harry!

CONGRAT TO THE GALLANT, SMART AND CLEVER EGYPTIANS! YOU GUYZ USED YOUR BRAINS AND NOT YOUR MOUTHS! WELLDONE!
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by naso2(m): 8:02pm On Jan 12, 2010
pixiraver:

The most overrated footballer ever to havee come out of Naija is Mikel John Obi, he shouldn't be in the team, he kills the play. Tactically Amodu is very poor, after Egypt equalized they sat back and waited for us and hit us on the counter, what is the purpose of having 2 defensive midfielders if they can't even cover the defenders?

Yobo was poor, Nwaneri was poor, Taiwo is better used as an attacker than a defender, Uche and Yakubu were hardly fed with good balls, MIKEL IS THE CAUSE OF OUR PROBLEMS!

This is coming so late, yes it has to be another Mikel bashing thread. Abeg leave the boy alone. It was not a brilliant display from him but was not bad either.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Sagamite(m): 8:03pm On Jan 12, 2010
omar22:

Now look at the Mozambique we struggled to score one goal against in 180 minutes, has been put to the sword by Rep of Benin within the first 20 minutes.

And this statement makes sense to you?
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by naso2(m): 8:04pm On Jan 12, 2010
Sagamite:

was wondering same here.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by hollandis(f): 8:06pm On Jan 12, 2010
Sagamite:

So it doesnt make sense to you
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Freiburger(m): 8:06pm On Jan 12, 2010
So that is the midfield we 're expecting to see against messi in June.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by no1madman(m): 8:06pm On Jan 12, 2010
yakubu suppose dey play American football. . .He's a wrestler not a footballer.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by no1madman(m): 8:08pm On Jan 12, 2010
Stanley okoro should have been invited. . .Amodu no get eyes.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by omar22(m): 8:08pm On Jan 12, 2010

Just too bad,
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by koolchicco: 8:11pm On Jan 12, 2010
So the super chickens lost? angry angry

Even with all the wishes from Yaradull this morning?
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by aieromon(m): 8:13pm On Jan 12, 2010
super chickens will never disappoint me.
It's nice to see the difference between a team of international repute and another with technical ability.
Our technical crew sucked like hell and will keep on sucking until we employ a coach with the ability to read games.
Amodu no be am at all undecided undecided
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by GoldCircle: 8:14pm On Jan 12, 2010
If U ask me. . . I'll say it's just another game! Simple!
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Sagamite(m): 8:15pm On Jan 12, 2010
hollandis:

Let me show you how much sense it makes to me:

Div 1 games

Southend 0-0 Leeds United

Leeds United 1-1 Carlisle

Leeds United 0-0 Charlton

Leeds United 1-1 Wycombe

Millwall 2-1 Leeds United

FA Cup game

Man U (EPL team) 0-1 Leeds United

That is how much sense it makes to me.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Princek12(m): 8:15pm On Jan 12, 2010
no1madman:

Stanley okoro should have been invited. . .Amodu no get eyes.
Thank you. I have been saying this for long--Stanley Okoro has pace, is rugged, has a winning attitude, and should have been invited. When I said this earlier, people mocked me and said that why would you invite someone from the U-17 team?
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Sagamite(m): 8:19pm On Jan 12, 2010
hollandis:

And it will make better sense if the individual waits till the end of Benin - Moz game.

Abi what will he say when Moz end up winning 5-1?
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by kpalasa69(m): 8:21pm On Jan 12, 2010
SIck or Dead preesident, Sick and dead football team, dafff Coach, Fools that are body builders that they call themselves footballers, OBASI CHINEDU OGBUKE, since 2005 you have been wonderful God bless you and i hope that Idiot that wanted to drop you before be dropped by FEDEX mail, STill a Biafran team estabalish since we have 1 here in Barcelona then its ITaly for me for the WC,
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by scantee(m): 8:22pm On Jan 12, 2010
congrat naija we are the bumb
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by omar22(m): 8:23pm On Jan 12, 2010
And it will make better sense if the individual waits till the end of Benin - Moz game.

Abi what will he say when Moz end up winning 5-1?

I couldnt careless if the game ends at 10-2 to Mozambique they (Benin) have managed to do what we failed to do in 2 legs, the writing was on the wall then,
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Sauron1: 8:24pm On Jan 12, 2010
@ Sagamite,

What do you have to say to the show of shame Amodu gave us today?
When i said this dude has no tactical nous, you disputed it.

There are so many things wrong with Amodu but i am 100% sure INSANITY is one of those.
I have never seen a more pathetic SE team in ma whole life.

To think this same country gave us the Tunisia 94 side, The Ghana/Nigeria 2000 team is depressing.
Sack Amodu, Shoot Mikel.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Princek12(m): 8:30pm On Jan 12, 2010
what does Sagamite know about coaching ability? Nothing. How can anyone say Amodu has tactical ability?
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Katsumoto: 8:31pm On Jan 12, 2010
~Sauron~:

@ Sagamite,

What do you have to say to the show of shame Amodu gave us today?
When i said this dude has no tactical nous, you disputed it.

There was so many things wrong with Amodu but i am 100% INSANITY is one of those.
I have never seen a more pathetic SE team in ma whole life.

To think this same country gave us the Tunisia 94 side, The Ghana/Nigeria 2000 team is depressing.
Sack Amodu, Shoot Mikel.

Don't mind Sagamite; he was presenting irrelevant statistics to support Amodu. This game confirms the suspicions that many doubters had about Amodu. Amodu is a useless coach and he made several errors for this competition.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Moneyline(m): 8:33pm On Jan 12, 2010
Am waiting for next match b4 l know what to do to Amodu.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Sagamite(m): 8:34pm On Jan 12, 2010
omar22:

I couldnt careless if the game ends at 10-2 to Mozambique they (Benin) have managed to do what we failed to do in 2 legs, the writing was on the wall then,

And what ocean is the writing on if Man U cannot score a team Wycombe, Millwall, Leyton Orient and other Div 1 (not Champion) teams can score?

Katsumoto:

Don't mind Sagamite; he was presenting irrelevant statistics to support Amodu. This game confirms the suspicions that many doubters had about Amodu. Amodu is a useless coach and he made several errors for this competition.

It is best you wait till the end of the tournament before you judge.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Sauron1: 8:34pm On Jan 12, 2010
Princek12:

what does Sagamite know about coaching ability? Nothing. How can anyone say Amodu has tactical ability?

Seriously, a team can lose a game and still hold their heads high that they did well. . . .
What can anyone say about the game i saw today? The tactics were so wrong, the players were so useless.
The only improvement i saw today was the quick passing but they didn't do enough in the final third.
Nigeria had no width and Egypt outfought, outfoxed and outthunk the Super Eagles.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by igmacco(m): 8:35pm On Jan 12, 2010
caf don cancel the nigeria  vs egypt match,  cuz na ojoro dem take wim us, they will rely it tomorrow

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (38) (Reply)

Messi: It Hurt When Ronaldo Won His Fifth Ballon D'or / Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) / Everton Stars Celebrate Liverpool 2-0 Win In Anfield Dressing Room(Photos,Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.