Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) - Sports (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) (43346 Views)

Poll: What's your prediction?

Nigeria wins: 63% (118 votes)
Egypt wins: 23% (44 votes)
Draw: 12% (24 votes)
This poll has ended

Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating / Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 / Sweden Vs Nigeria (3 - 3) Fifa Women's World Cup On 8th June, 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by eNKe1: 7:29pm On Jan 12, 2010
When you have a coach who believes that some TB is able to give him victory, then why work at all?? When people advise that Nigeria gets a foreign coach, they say so because they know the white guy will put hardwork and diligence above god and TB (TB? ya, TB)  grin
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by morpheus24: 7:30pm On Jan 12, 2010
Sagamite:

TT is a WB, that is the spice he adds to the game. So it is not a big deal when someone else covers for him. His CB and DM should know they would have to do that frequently.

Oga, try and use smaller text na.

If that (or less) is given then it is wrong. The ball flew to his am after a deflection off his body.

but it keeps causing goals on that flank,can't the coach see that
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by nazzyon(m): 7:31pm On Jan 12, 2010
Nosa-Henry:

Why was it not Nigeria that were attacked instead of Togo, so that we will have a good reason of not participating in this tournament

If you're a footballer would you have wished for such experience in life.

Lets try be reasonable here.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Sagamite(m): 7:31pm On Jan 12, 2010
morpheus24:

but it keeps causing goals on that flank,can't the coach see that

That was not the case in this game?

The goals came through the middle despite having a DM and 2 CMs.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Sagamite(m): 7:32pm On Jan 12, 2010
The first half, the were playing quality football and the second, they just collapsed with no concentration.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by naso2(m): 7:33pm On Jan 12, 2010
I dont like AMODU I have always supported his sack, I also dont like the way we lost, however I see positives at least from the first half display. The first half display was the typical Nigerian flair  but they lost it in the second half.

Its now up to the team to respond in the remaining matches.

The Egyptian coach showed his tactical superiority in the second half. Amodu came with one attacking option which was to attack only from the right side. The Egyptians had problems with that in  the first half but coped well in the second. They(Egypt) however saw our defensive flaws expecially from the left back and exploited well. A good coach comes with a plan but also reads a match rightly to make necessary adjustment. AMODU SURELY DOES NOT HAVE THIS.

I do not know what Amodu sees in Ayegbeni that he leaves him on the pitch to stroll for the entire match.

On a final note, whatever happens in this competition is a win-win for me. If Amodu does not do well, he will be sacked (I never liked him), however if he does well and responds to the remaining matches appropriately then we may just end up lifting the cup (very very unlikely though).
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by duality(m): 7:33pm On Jan 12, 2010
why these rampage ? heeh?

we are going up to the finals . the tournament isn't ended yet big teams also lose matches .brazil italy  etc

remember we  qualified for world cup. haba where is the die hard 9ja spirit.

yes we can!!! i believe 9ja. lets stop all these crap. every team faces times like this even you on lira land . its not oer until we win the cup.

come on!!
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by kaydee(m): 7:34pm On Jan 12, 2010
paddy_lo:

[size=16pt]

lets not start bad mouthing our country,its only a game. . .

and we have 2 matches to go. . .

my 2 cents
[/size]

U mean your 2kobo! 2 cents ko, 

I predicted a 3-0 thrashing but we scored a goal.I'm just angry that we're not facing Mozambique next and those idiots(Super Chickens) will def draw against Benin or win 1-0.

Pharaohs:

An way all egyptians respect the nigerian football and iam sure nigeria will qualifay to quarter final

and if we met Nigeria again in the final , Nigeria still have all the chances to win if they play as a men  and knew there is mellions people watching them in

nigeria

I know U just don't want to rub it in but the truth is the best that Nigerian team can do against Egypt is a draw.Egyptians are superior in all departments.I can see them lifting the cup already if CV doesn't wake up.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Kc0022000(m): 7:34pm On Jan 12, 2010
Guys please go and relaxe or do something better cos the so call chicken eagles are throwing a big bash somewhere in Angola right 2nite cheesy
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by eNKe1: 7:35pm On Jan 12, 2010
eNKe!:

When you have a coach who believes that some TB is able to give him victory, then why work at all?? When people advise that Nigeria gets a foreign coach, they say so because they know the white guy will put hardwork and diligence above god and TB (TB? ya, TB)  grin

[size=8pt][size=8pt]When you have a coach who believes that some TB is able to give him victory, then why work at all?? When people advise that Nigeria gets a foreign coach, they say so because they know the white guy will put hardwork and diligence above god and TB (TB? ya, TB)  grin[/size][/size]
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by shigidi(m): 7:36pm On Jan 12, 2010
Pathetic display. Kanu is a fool, so is Yakubu. How can we continue to start yakubu at 48 years of age
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by omar22(m): 7:36pm On Jan 12, 2010
An way all egyptians respect the nigerian football and iam sure nigeria will qualifay to quarter final

and if we met Nigeria again in the final , Nigeria still have all the chances to win if they play as a men  and knew there is mellions people watching them in

nigeria

I wont hold my breath
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by An0nimus: 7:37pm On Jan 12, 2010

Poll
Question: What's your prediction?
Nigeria wins - 118 (63.4%)
Egypt wins - 44 (23.7%)
Draw - 24 (12.9%)

Total Votes: 186

shocked grin grin grin embarassed cry
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by MUNEER2(m): 7:39pm On Jan 12, 2010
shigidi:

Pathetic display. Kanu is a fool, so is Yakubu. How can we continue to start yakubu at 48 years of age
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

My heart is broken at last cry cry cry
They'll surely win world cup grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by morpheus24: 7:40pm On Jan 12, 2010
na_so:

The Egyptian coach showed his tactical superiority in the second half. Amodu came with one attacking option which was to attack only from the right side. The Egyptians had problems with that in  the first half but coped well in the second. They(Egypt) however saw our defensive flaws expecially from the left back and exploited well. A good coach comes with a plan but also reads a match rightly to make necessary adjustment. AMODU SURELY DOES NOT HAVE THIS.

I do not know what Amodu sees in Ayegbeni that he leaves him on the pitch to stroll for the entire match.

On a final note, whatever happens in this competition is a win-win for me. If Amodu does not do well, he will be  sacked (I never liked him), however if he does well and responds to the remaining matches appropriately then we may just end up lifting the cup (very very unlikely though).

@ SAGAMITE

Please see the bolded above.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by nich(m): 7:42pm On Jan 12, 2010
today's training was revealing. abeg, when is our first match scheduled for? lipsrsealed
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by hollandis(f): 7:43pm On Jan 12, 2010
Sagamite:

TT is a WB, that is the spice he adds to the game. So it is not a big deal when someone else covers for him. His CB and DM should know they would have to do that frequently.

sharaaaaap dont you know that taiye was ,is and will always be a calamity in the defence.
since the day diomasay made mince meat of him ,i knew his pedigree in defence.if taiye cant stay permenantly on 11,then he has no biz in the national team
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by SamMilla1(m): 7:44pm On Jan 12, 2010
someone should remind Kanu its time to say goodbye.
not necessary to wait for world cup.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by naso2(m): 7:46pm On Jan 12, 2010
nich:

today's training was revealing. abeg, when is our first match scheduled for? lipsrsealed

The competition has been postponed by 3wks because of Togo,by then we will be playing our first match
grin grin grin
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Sagamite(m): 7:46pm On Jan 12, 2010
morpheus24:

@ SAGAMITE

Please see the bolded above.

I wouldn't blame TT for that that much as I saw him running box to box.

It was Zidan that was running there several times, the CB needs to commnucate with the DM so he can follow and the DM should fall in centre back.

We lack leadership in that team, someone vocal and commanding.

I would elect (if he is fit), Shittu is given captaincy. Even if he is not vocal (he is) his commitment would be loud. Or Odems!
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by omar22(m): 7:46pm On Jan 12, 2010
SAGAMITE

Yeah where is he?   this guy argue throughout the last 3 months trying to prove that Amodu is the next thing after Giovanni trapattoni,

I have always said that "coco the clown" would fail
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by deb(m): 7:47pm On Jan 12, 2010
UP AMODU EAGLES! THE GREATEST COACH IN NIGERIA WHOSE TEAM SCORES AND NEVER LOSES A MATCH .
HE HAS NOT EVEN LOST A MATCH grin grin grin

As good as statistics are, they are as good as lies if not viewed and analyse within the proper contest.
That is what we are experiencing now. NFF oloshi will soon sack him now and expect a world class coach to come and do magic for Nigeria
at the world cup
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by MUNEER2(m): 7:47pm On Jan 12, 2010
nich:

today's training was revealing. abeg, when is our first match scheduled for?  lipsrsealed  
grin grin grin grin grin grin
You must be a very wicked person, after dem trash enyeama 3 goals
. . . and After 3 point, i can't stop laughing grin grin grin grin grin
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Ibime(m): 7:49pm On Jan 12, 2010
Sagamite:

Sharrrrraaaaaaaaaap!!!. . . . you are slower than ya favourite coach Amodu. . . . what does Taiwo contribute attacking-wise apart from taking stupid shots from 50 yards.

We need a dynamic manager who is not scared to make decisions.

A manager who does not think Nnwaneri is a competent defender.

A manager who will not keep Yobo as captain after 3 years of contributing nothing.

A manager with the bollz to drop Kanu and Yakubu forever. . . . (and possibly Yobo and Olofinjana)

A manager who can react to situations immediately, not waiting till 80 mins despite obvious flaws.

SiaSia/Oliseh will do all these and more.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:49pm On Jan 12, 2010
Why the angst, it is just our first game and yes there were some poor decisions from the players and the coaching crew. but it has always been the same right from the qualification stage. who is to say we won't womble and fumble into the final.  grin

It is too early to come to concrete conclusions on the first game against the DEFENDING CHAMPIONS!! haba guys, let us see how the team and coachign crew adjusts to the rest of the competition,  wink I am sure all they need is another pep talk from our football-crazy President in far-away Dubai (unconfirmed ooh)
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by deb(m): 7:50pm On Jan 12, 2010
today's training was revealing. abeg, when is our first match scheduled for?  

Yea it was just a training.  grin grin grin
Nigerians don't worry Amodu's Eagles will surprise you all when the competition starts proper. grin grin grin
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by omar22(m): 7:51pm On Jan 12, 2010
Sharrrrraaaaaaaaaap!!!. . . . you are slower than ya favourite coach Amodu. . . . what does Taiwo contribute attacking-wise apart from taking silly shots from 50 yards.

We need a dynamic manager who is not scared to make decisions.

A manager who does not think Nnwaneri is a competent defender.

A manager who will not keep Yobo as captain after 3 years of contributing nothing.

A manager with the bollz to drop Kanu and Yakubu forever. . . . (and possibly Yobo and Olofinjana)

A manager who can react to situations immediately, not waiting till 80 mins despite obvious flaws.

SiaSia/Oliseh will do all these and more.

Thank you my brother
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by hollandis(f): 7:52pm On Jan 12, 2010
Ibime:

And what have you won since 1982?

Do you know the pressure Capello is under to drop Beckham from certain sections of the media?

At least Beckham is still young.

Who is putting the same pressure on Amodu to drop Kanu in Nigeria?

They are busy singing Kanus praises and nominating him for this and that award.

You see the truth but choose to look the other way.

It is people like you that condone corruption and incompetence in Nigeria.

This kind of attitude is what gives Turai confidence to be deceiving y'all over Yaradua's brain damage.

What do you want me to ask Dr Kit?. . . . is it not Dr Kit who speaks on behalf of Yakubu and Olofinjana?. . . . I remember Dr Kit going out of his way to defend pregnant Yakubu in the last AFCON.  grin

Too much focus on personalities. . . . no focus on INSTITUTION. . . . the institution of the Super Eagles is bigger than any one player.

Your comment should be engraved and be given post of the year.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by mamagee3(f): 7:53pm On Jan 12, 2010
koolchicco:

Any reason for replacing Mikel wit Kanu? shocked undecided

Cause Kanu is an old grandpa! grin grin
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by deb(m): 7:53pm On Jan 12, 2010
SAGAMITE

Yeah where is he?   this guy argue throughout the last 3 months trying to prove that Amodu is the next thing after Giovanni trapattoni,

I have always said that "coco the clown" would fail

Yeah Omar22!  cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by otokx(m): 7:54pm On Jan 12, 2010
I hope we loose our remaining 2 matches
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by naso2(m): 7:54pm On Jan 12, 2010
Sagamite:

I wouldn't blame TT for that that much as I saw him running box to box.

It was Zidan that was running there several times, the CB needs to commnucate with the DM so he can follow and the DM should fall in centre back.

We lack leadership in that team, someone vocal and commanding.

I would elect (if he is fit), Shittu is given captaincy. Even if he is not vocal (he is) his commitment would be loud. Or Odems!

The truth is Amodu should not ave dropped Adeleye , yes he made some mistakes against Tunisia in Nigeria, but his anticipation is excellent and only defenders like that can cope with attackers like ZIDAN.

Nwaneri is Just energy and nothing more, who could be useful when we play black teams with very muscular defenders, but in a match like this , he simply does not fit.

Yobo is calamity personified.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (38) (Reply)

David Beckham In Tears As He Pays His Respects To Queen Elizabeth II (Video) / Everton Stars Celebrate Liverpool 2-0 Win In Anfield Dressing Room(Photos,Video) / Wenger To Replace Mourinho At Manchester United

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.