Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Are You All Not Tribalists? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are You All Not Tribalists? (7572 Views)

Where Are All The Tribalists? / Bini People Have Put Nairaland Tribalists To Shame / Boko Haram, MEND And Igbo Tribalists On NL Are CIA Agents Doing Covert Ops. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 06, 2009
MUZBO:

Even some moderators are tribalists! If I name names now Seun will just sack them.

Ahhahahahhahah!!! Your mouth is too small for the words you have pronounced. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by paddylo1(m): 11:14pm On Dec 06, 2009
I guess this thread has as usual degenerated into a free- for- all

one question i will ask all the self proclaimed tribalists and bigots slinging abuse left and right

did u go to primary and secondary school in nigeria?

cause if u did,i wonder how u can seriously fling these insults,

knowing fully well u are also insulting all the friends from other tribes u made when u were young

just wondering. . . .
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 07, 2009
The truth is that these hate-filled posters would never dare come out with their tribal nonsense in a multi-ethnic public place in Nigeria because they know they would be seriously dealt with.

So it is up to the moderators to do their job and permanently exclude such posters.

We are talking here about people like tpia, sjeezy8 and babaosisi.
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by Afam4eva(m): 12:08pm On Dec 07, 2009
Nairaland is a true reflection of Nigeria.
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by joeyfire(m): 12:45pm On Dec 07, 2009
Of course we are.At least I'm sure I am There have been lots of sins committed against my race and I accordingly hold those responsible in total contempt. I also reserve a sightly higher level of contempt for their lackeys and mindless ''zombie'' followers who condemn my race because their fathers tell them to. There's a lot wrong with the structure of this country and till its fixed tribalism shall thrive. Umunne unu ge bi ndu
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Dec 07, 2009
Then before you talk about fixing the country you should first of all fix the hatred within you.
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 07, 2009
tensor777:

The truth is that these hate-filled posters would never dare come out with their tribal nonsense in a multi-ethnic public place in Nigeria because they know they would be seriously dealt with.

So it is up to the moderators to do their job and permanently exclude such posters.

We are talking here about people like tpia, sjeezy8 and babaosisi.

so you can spell tpia but not babyosisi.

Multiple id goat that you are.
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:36pm On Dec 07, 2009
Seun wants to censor words but then he puts topics like this on the front page knowing that people will be the first ones in here insulting each other.
LMAO!!! wow.
THE IRONY!
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by paddylo1(m): 3:43pm On Dec 07, 2009
Seun wants to censor words but then he puts topics like this on the[b] front page[/b] knowing that people will be the first ones in here insulting each other.
LMAO!!! wow.
THE IRONY!

u got a point there. . .threads like this should be buried deep in nairaland. . .so that only the so-called self proclaimed tribalists,can go seek it out
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by ziga: 4:10pm On Dec 07, 2009
I guess the mods are partly responsible for this. Every community should have a police/mods, and if the police do their work things will be civil.

But, i guess the threads that do very well on nairaland are the tribalistic ones. Which translates to more traffic and therefore more money for the owners.
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by bawomolo(m): 4:34pm On Dec 07, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

Seun wants to censor words but then he puts topics like this on the front page knowing that people will be the first ones in here insulting each other.
LMAO!!! wow.
THE IRONY!

Seun is concerned with activity on the forum and not exactly our feelings. Controversy sells and Seun is milking it. can't knock his hustle
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by holycaves: 4:44pm On Dec 07, 2009
I see these comments and I'm slighted and disappointed at what some of y'all are writing! my wife is a Yoruba girl and also my best friend, while I'm igbo. so when one says nasty things about the igbo's, I'm angry that he/she is insulting me and then when i see what is replied to the Yoruba person i also feel insulted that the mother of my kids was hit. The only solution of truly achieving this one Nigeria is for the government to cancel tribe in any thing official or proclaim that a child will be from the state where he/she is born. thereby a Yoruba or igbo or Hausa man will have an igala or benue or calabar child. lets see how he kills or ccriticisehis child.
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by SEFAGO(m): 4:46pm On Dec 07, 2009
I see these comments and I'm slighted and disappointed at what some of y'all are writing! my wife is a Yoruba girl and also my best friend, while I'm igbo. so when one says nasty things about the igbo's, I'm angry that he/she is insulting me and then when i see what is replied to the Yoruba person i also feel insulted that the mother of my kids was hit. The only solution of truly achieving this one Nigeria is for the government to cancel tribe in any thing official or proclaim that a child will be from the state where he/she is born. thereby a Yoruba or igbo or Hausa man will have an igala or benue or calabar child. lets see how he kills or ccriticisehis child.

Man, i would vote you as president if u were not igbo cheesy, This has been a solution that has been dear to my heart but i rily havnt mentioned it on NL because people would stupidly start deriding it. But this is the best solution to our problems- nothing else can solve this ethnic hatred
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by hasyak(m): 4:50pm On Dec 07, 2009
Are You All Not Tribalists?
« on: December 05, 2009, 07:45 PM »

"We know the tribalists, we see their bait threads and titles and we still join in to encourage and enable them to spew their nonsense to start more needless and pointless threads.

We know they thrive on the back and forth so why not just sidestep such  threads and deny them the attention and oxygen?  Tribalism is a state of mind and you can't change such mindsets. It's a disease and problem they have to fix on their own.

If you don't like tribal threads, ignore and don't encourage,  encouraging simply = you're are part of the problem and you have no morale right to judge and complain because you enable them, you give them the time of the day to thrive and live to start another silly, ignorant and annoying thread."

THE QUOTE ABOVE IS WHAT THE POSTER POSTED, I JUST CANT FIND THE CRIME WITH IT, EVEN IF HE WAS ONCE A TRIBALIST, BY THIS POST IT SHOWS HE HAS CHANGE FOR THE BETTER. ALL HE IS TRYING TO SAY, IS WE SHOULD LOOK BEYOND TRIBAL SENTIMENTS WHEN DISCUSSING ISSUES.
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by joeyfire(m): 4:59pm On Dec 07, 2009
@tensor777

i'll assume your comment was for me. My brother hatred and prejudice are two different things. But while we're on the same page its important that you realise that hate has a source and it sure as hell didnt start with me, I only give back as good as i get (ok maybe a bit more than i get)
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by joeyfire(m): 5:15pm On Dec 07, 2009
@SEFAGO See your post-
Man, i would vote you as president if u were not igbo , This has been a solution that has been dear to my heart but i rily havnt mentioned it on NL because people would stupidly start deriding it. But this is the best solution to our problems- nothing else can solve this ethnic hatred

I'm particularly concerned about the bold lettering. Are you really so far gone that cant even process that you just cast an ethnic slur. dude!!! you are the wrongest person to be solving ethnic hatred cos you're thoroughly full of it. (hate that is)
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by Beaf: 5:46pm On Dec 07, 2009
hasyak:

. . .
THE QUOTE ABOVE IS WHAT THE POSTER POSTED, I JUST CANT FIND THE CRIME WITH IT, EVEN IF HE WAS ONCE A TRIBALIST, BY THIS POST IT SHOWS HE HAS CHANGE FOR THE BETTER. ALL HE IS TRYING TO SAY, IS WE SHOULD LOOK BEYOND TRIBAL SENTIMENTS WHEN DISCUSSING ISSUES.

shocked
A snake never gives birth to a mouse.
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by SEFAGO(m): 5:55pm On Dec 07, 2009
@SEFAGO See your post-
Man, i would vote you as president if u were not igbo

its called sarcasm idiot shocked shocked shocked, sitdown reread, add a couple of IQ points, process again, sit down reread, add another 100 IQ points (you are now out of the negative IQ scale), then sit down, reread and process the information, add another 100 IQ points and voila, you are just above the intelligence of a retard, then another epiphany, you finally understand that I am making a jab at tribalist.
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 07, 2009
i think say una get wetin to talk,

hisses, leaves thread and continue smoking weed,
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by chiogo(f): 10:13pm On Dec 07, 2009
SEFAGO:

its called sarcasm slowpoke shocked shocked shocked, sitdown reread, add a couple of IQ points, process again, sit down reread, add another 100 IQ points (you are now out of the negative IQ scale), then sit down, reread and process the information, add another 100 IQ points and voila, you are just above the intelligence of a retard, then another epiphany, you finally understand that I am making a jab at tribalist.
Hmmm, you get mouth. I don't believe that was sarcasm either. tongue

Nairaland and tribalism ethnocentrism

Amaka, I don't think Seun specifically puts these threads on the front page. I think the more posts on the thread, the more likely it's going to be on the front page. I guess people should start ignoring such threads if they're so stupid. That way it won't be on the front page. grin
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by ziga: 10:57pm On Dec 07, 2009
chiogo:

Amaka, I don't think Seun specifically puts these threads on the front page. I think the more posts on the thread, the more likely it's going to be on the front page. I guess people should start ignoring such threads if they're so silly. That way it won't be on the front page. grin

I don't think that is correct. Sometimes, you have threads with low views/replies on the front page. I think one of the supermoderators determines what goes on the first page.
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by chiogo(f): 11:33pm On Dec 07, 2009
ziga:

I don't think that is correct. Sometimes, you have threads with low views/replies on the front page. I think one of the supermoderators determines what goes on the first page.
Ok, whatever. grin
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by SEFAGO(m): 11:43pm On Dec 07, 2009
It was actually 100% sarcasm, you cannot judge my opinions based on words online- i was actually excited that someone shared my views on the abolition of tribal classifications- check through history, this has been one of the most significant steps towards civilization. Even the Ottoman empire which was a mesh of several cultures which later evolved into one national identity.

What we need is some radical leader to impose abolition of tribal affiliations- the major problem with this is losing our culture and heritage- but i doubt that is a great loss compared to the other repercussions that come from thinking of yourself as the "other"
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by chiogo(f): 6:47am On Dec 08, 2009
SEFAGO:

It was actually 100% sarcasm, you cannot judge my opinions based on words online- i was actually excited that someone shared my views on the abolition of tribal classifications- check through history, this has been one of the most significant steps towards civilization. Even the Ottoman empire which was a mesh of several cultures which later evolved into one national identity.

What we need is some radical leader to impose abolition of tribal affiliations- the major problem with this is losing our culture and heritage- but i doubt that is a great loss compared to the other repercussions that come from thinking of yourself as the "other"
Alright.
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by otukpo(f): 9:04am On Dec 08, 2009
Consciously or unconsciouly, every Nigerian is a tribalist.
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by joeyfire(m): 9:44am On Dec 08, 2009
@SEFAGO see your post - its called sarcasm slowpoke , sitdown reread, add a couple of IQ points, process again, sit down reread, add another 100 IQ points (you are now out of the negative IQ scale), then sit down, reread and process the information, add another 100 IQ points and voila, you are just above the intelligence of a retard, then another epiphany, you finally understand that I am making a jab at tribalist.

Its obvious that you are an anal retentive jackass who throws barbs when he's faced with the option of giving a simple answer to an assertion or impression. Your ''sarcasm'' is your cup of tea ,i only respond to what i see posted. and from what i see,you are a badly bred fart lacking in manners or etiquette expected of an adult. so sit down,take a deep breath, get your head out of your ass, clean out your ears,air your brain,add some soap and voila,you are just above the level of a sexually repressed craphead, pray for an end to your personality disorder then you may learn to respond to posts with some class
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by SEFAGO(m): 9:56am On Dec 08, 2009
It seems the thing pain u well well grin grin grin- no be ur fault na undecided
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by joeyfire(m): 10:03am On Dec 08, 2009
Jackass!!!! grin
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by SEFAGO(m): 10:13am On Dec 08, 2009
^ u see what i told you to do worked, now you can use the word "jackass", a word u prolly didnt know b4. Now say than you sir wink
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by joeyfire(m): 10:26am On Dec 08, 2009
Hang on!! are you like thirteen or something. you definitely sound it, hope i havent been trading barbs with someone not old enough to vote, now that would be embarassing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chime, Fashola, Ribadu, Or Rochas For 2015? / Buhari's Colored Original Result And Old School Pics: Channels Tv / #occupylekkitollgate: The Guy In The Middle Is Me - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.