Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,823 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (71009 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (99) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by jalether(m): 1:40am On Dec 10, 2009
FBS:

Michael Essien today (Wednesday) underwent an examination on the injury he suffered in last night's Champions League game. Results of scans show a tear in his left hamstring.

Essien is expected to be out for three to four weeks.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~1900401,00.html
Are you ok?

CA should never have used him
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by nateevs(m): 3:24am On Dec 10, 2009
TRANSFER NEWS:

Chelsea to sign Uruguayan star Luis Suarez from Ajax.

Link
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by nateevs(m): 3:25am On Dec 10, 2009
Heard A. Madrid have rejected a bid for Aguero but they didn't disclose which club the bid came from.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by jalether(m): 4:10am On Dec 10, 2009
nateevs:

TRANSFER NEWS:

Link

Do you know much abt him
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Ibime(m): 7:18am On Dec 10, 2009
nateevs:

TRANSFER NEWS:

Link

Im waiting for a more credible source before getting my hopes up. . .

Suarez is a good player. . .  he started as a right-winger but scored so many goals, they had to move him to centre-forward. . . hes scoring a goal a game since he moved upfront. . .

My only probs is that all prolific strikers in recent Eredivisie history have struggled when they moved abroad (Huntelaar, Kezman, Kuyt etc). . .

Meanwhile, Alejandro Dominguez's Rubin Kazan contract expired today. . . . I think that boy would make a great free-transfer.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by chrisical(m): 9:09am On Dec 10, 2009
Dominguez would be a good signing
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by FBS: 9:22am On Dec 10, 2009
Dominguez will be a super signing but the report is that he wants to play in Spain.
Besides, will he not be cup tied?

Suarez is a goal machine but yes the concern is there. Will he adapt fast enough?

presido1:

6 weeks atleast.
Same to you.  tongue
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by nateevs(m): 10:22am On Dec 10, 2009
@Ibime

I hear Pini Zahavi has ties with IMScouting. I can't remember where I saw the piece of info but if it is true, one can hope the transfer has some credibility.

@FBS.

We will be lucky not to sign a player that is not cup-tied honestly. Considering the fact that we may be banned for at least one and half transfer windows, we must be bidding for a top class player, not one we hope will turn out good. For this reason, we may have to sign a player that is cup tied.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by dyabman(m): 11:55am On Dec 10, 2009
Ruud van nistelrooy and Arjen Robben never had tough times aside injuries, he will explode, ! Kezman was useless. grin
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by FBS: 1:08pm On Dec 10, 2009
@Nateevs,
I get your point but what if the ban is lifted? I mean forever.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Borat1: 2:00pm On Dec 10, 2009
so what it means is Essien wont feature for us again till after the ANC. . .
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 10, 2009
I'm not getting my hopes high just yet as a good number of strikers from the Dutch league tend to become flops in the EPL.

If my memory serves me right, we've never had an out and out striker who's good with his feet like Torres or Thierry.

Not like im not ecstatic with Drogba (and Anelka) but it would be nice to have a striker who's good with and on his feet and scores goals.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by nateevs(m): 5:27pm On Dec 10, 2009
FBS:

@Nateevs,
I get your point but what if the ban is lifted? I mean forever.

FBS. .

One event precedes the other. . . The CAS will hear the case early next year as I remember; of which by then the Jan transfer window is closed.

It will be dangerous to hope we may not be banned. If we are we would have shot ourselves in the foot as we effectively shot ourselves of this Jan transfer window, the summer transfer window, next Jan's and next summer's (That is assuming the ban is reduced to one season and half) . .

The club anticipates a ban and that's why they appealed to the CAS in November and not much earlier. . anticipating that the CAS will accept the appeal and leave the Jan window open for us to do business.

Me thinks that's the better side of wall to be at.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 12, 2009
[size=14pt]I'll wield the axe if you flop against Everton, Carlo Ancelotti tells his Chelsea stars[/size]

Carlo Ancelotti warned his Chelsea players: Find form against Everton or you’ll be axed.

The Italian has made it clear that they have one last chance in their home game today to prove themselves, saying he will not tolerate their three-game blip extending to four matches.

Chelsea have lost two of those — against Blackburn in the Carling Cup and Manchester City in the league — and also slipped to a disappointing 2-2 Champions League draw against APOEL Nicosia.

The 2-1 defeat at City last Saturday cut their lead at the top of the Barclays Premier
League to two points.

‘I want to give a chance to the players who lost against Manchester City,’ said Ancelotti.

‘This is their last chance. They can lose and make mistakes but they have to show intensity for 90 minutes.’

He expects those under-pressure players to prove a point against Everton, who have an impressive recent record at Stamford Bridge, drawing on their previous three visits.

Ancelotti added: ‘The mentality in these 10 days has not changed. The situation is under control. You will see that on Saturday.’

The Chelsea midfield will feel most under threat. With Michael Essien out for up to four weeks, Ancelotti has called on John Mikel Obi to raise his game.

‘He has to improve, but he is very young.’
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by edoyad(m): 7:20pm On Dec 12, 2009
Chelsea how Market ?
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 12, 2009
I hope he wields the axe.
They managed to flop again.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by edoyad(m): 9:38pm On Dec 12, 2009
^ Aunty how market ? And Essien too ?
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by A40(m): 9:38pm On Dec 12, 2009
Na wa ooh so you flog us 3-0 at home and can't seem to win matches anymore? Cech would never get back to his old self if he doesn't get that rubbish gele of his head. This is football not amateur boxing

I have no doubt in ma mind that your over reliance on Drogba would come back to haunt y'all this season infact a broken metatarsal and your season is up in smoke
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by chrisical(m): 12:27am On Dec 13, 2009
Sharap there!
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by nateevs(m): 2:19pm On Dec 13, 2009
A-40:

I have no doubt in ma mind that your over reliance on Drogba would come back to haunt y'all this season infact a broken metatarsal and your season is up in smoke

No doubt in ya mind? . . Why do people like to talk about possibilities like they have an insight?

He has no doubt in his mind. . grin
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by FBS: 9:48am On Dec 14, 2009
What a weekend eh?
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by ritchboy(m): 10:22am On Dec 14, 2009
Is it true Cech has some sort of endorsement with the head gear company which requires him to wear it in every game? cheesy
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Nobody: 2:41pm On Dec 14, 2009
[size=14pt]No Buying of Players In January !!! [/size]

Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti is confident his team will cope without Didier Drogba when the Ivory Coast striker is away on African Nations Cup duty next month.

The 31-year-old bagged a brace in Saturday's disappointing 3-3 home draw with Everton in the Barclays Premier League on Saturday, but Ancelotti reckons the Blues have the firepower to manage in his absence.

'I believe Didier Drogba, at the moment, is very important for us but I believe we can win without him in January,' said the Italian.

I would like to say, for the last time, we will not buy anybody in January - 100 per cent.'

Chelsea have now gone four games without a win, although two of those were cup matches, but actually extended their lead at the top of the Premier League table after Manchester United's 1-0 home defeat to Aston Villa.

Ancelotti threatened huge changes if they did not beat Everton but unless he does entre the transfer market next month, he may just have to plug the gaps left left by Drogba and the injured Michael Essien with squad players.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by ritchboy(m): 4:20pm On Dec 14, 2009
I would like to say, for the last time, we will not buy anybody in January - 100 per cent.'

but nateevs has been having wet dreams about Suarez, Aguero, Messi and the whole lot joining chelsea in January grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by A40(m): 4:36pm On Dec 14, 2009
@Nateevs
The truth is bitter but i would not mind you finding out the hard way. You'd have to be Stevie Wonder not to see how much y'all are relying on Drogba

@Bluediva
So who strikes? Cos Anelka has been average so far! Ballack,Deco,Malouda J.Cole are not exactly goal machines. Ancelotti had better be joking
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by dayokanu(m): 4:47pm On Dec 14, 2009
Is it true Cech has some sort of endorsement with the head gear company which requires him to wear it in every game?

The same company that design for amateur boxers has Cech on their endorsement list.

Does anyone still think Cech is one of the top 3 keepers in Europe given his form in the last 2 season
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Borat1: 6:30pm On Dec 14, 2009
Carlotti better be lying about not buying in january. . .
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by jalether(m): 6:53pm On Dec 14, 2009
~Borat~:

Carlotti better be lying about not buying in january. . .

Why do we [b]need [/b]to buy in January, I get it Anelka,Kalkuta,Ballack,Lamps,Deco are all incompetent to do the job undecided,

(considering the relatively easy fixture we have during the period), the truth is,we have more than enough armour in our ranks to get the job done.

all we need right now is sort out the defensive problems and get back on track, what impact will 10 messi's, 5 Kaka's, 5 CR9's and

3 Iniesta's make if we keep leaking goals undecided
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 14, 2009
@Bluediva
So who strikes? Cos Anelka has been average so far! Ballack,Deco,Malouda J.Cole are not exactly goal machines. Ancelotti had better be joking

We're lucky.
We have relatively easy fixtures in Jan.

On the contrary, Anelka hasn't been average.
He's been brilliant, just that Drog has been extra brilliant.
We all know Anelka is no pushover, don't forget he won the golden boot last season.

Personally, i think we still need a decent striker.
Sturridge ain't ready, Kalou has lost form and Borini is too young.
I won't mind Aguero, as long as he doesn't cost us more than 20millon pounds.

all we need right now is sort out the defensive problems and get back on track, what impact will 10 messi's, 5 Kaka's, 5 CR9's and
3 Iniesta's make if we keep leaking goals

True talk.
What happened to our impenetrable back line?

Cech should retire.
That head injury is still affecting him.
I never supported the idea of selling Cudicini.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by A40(m): 8:10pm On Dec 14, 2009
@Jalether
The Everton game was a one-off remember y'all where yet to concede goals at the Bridge since the opening day, your defence is not the problem 13 goals in 16 games is an excellent record

Your problem would come when Drogba takes his goal-scoring boots to Angola all those cats you mentioned put together have not matched half of Drogba's productivity! There is no pointer to the fact that they can do that. By the way did i hear you say Kakuta in your list? One or two flashy moves against Wolves is not enuff to certify him as the Poo

You think your fixture list is easy abi? Under-rating your opponents is a tried and tested path to failure i can remember 06/07 y'all had the same sentiments when your christmas schedule showed games against Fulham and Reading at home. We all know what happened
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by nateevs(m): 9:58pm On Dec 14, 2009
jalether:

Why do we [b]need [/b]to buy in January, I get it Anelka,Kalkuta,Ballack,Lamps,Deco are all incompetent to do the job undecided,

As a Chelsea fan I expect you know more about the inside of the club than all these rats on here. .
Why do we need to buy. . ? Because we facing a transfer ban that's why.

Why do you think we appealed the ban . . Just for the desire of seeing the ban lifted temporary?

We appealed so CAS could lift the ban for this period. . . which allows us to enter the market in January. We are facing a ban and it doesn't look good. We can't escape at least one summer and winter transfer ban. . considerately speaking.

If we are unlucky, we will be banned for two summer transfer windows. So if don't buy now, we would have shot ourselves in the foot by extending our ban by a year. Why would we do that? Not being able to bring anyone in till January 2012.

Do you really see that as a good thing? With Drogba 31, Anelka 30, Deco 31, Lampard 31, Ballack 32, Malouda 29, Carvalho 32, Ashley 29. .

And you ask why we should buy. . . Do you not see imminent disaster if we don't?

I don't believe the story. . . only of course if someone at the club has lost touch with reality.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by nateevs(m): 10:12pm On Dec 14, 2009
YOUTH FOOTBALL.

Youth FACup kicked off today with Chelsea taking on Charlton. I didn't get a chance to watch the match from the beginning just saw about 20mins to the end and we just beat Charlton 2-1 . .

Scary moment at the end with Charlton finding inspiration in the dying seconds and were rewarded with a goal . .but goals from Jefferey Bruma in the first half and Marko Mitrovic in the second were enough to put Chelsea through to the 4th round where they take on Nottingham Forest.

Starting line-up was:

Walker, B.Clifford, Mills, Bruma, Deen-Conteh, C.Clifford, Sala, McEachran, Lalkovic, Tore, Mitrovic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (99)

Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On 22nd August 2022 / Manchester United Vs Chelsea (2 - 0) On 16th April 2017 / Arsenal Vs Chelsea : FA Community Shield (1 - 0) On 2nd August 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.