Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (71030 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (99) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by jalether(m): 10:19pm On Dec 14, 2009
A-40:

@Jalether
The Everton game was a one-off remember y'all where yet to concede goals at the Bridge since the opening day, your defence is not the problem 13 goals in 16 games is an excellent record

how abt conceding 10 goals in the last 4 matches is an awful record

A-40:

Your problem would come when Drogba takes his goal-scoring boots to Angola all those cats you mentioned put together have not matched half of Drogba's productivity! There is no pointer to the fact that they can do that. By the way did i hear you say Kakuta in your list? One or two flashy moves against Wolves is not enuff to certify him as the Poo

Anelka is a proven goal scorer, I will go as far as saying he is more of a natural goal scorer than Drogba and who is to say they(Lamps,Nic,Ballack etc)

won't step up, moreover until the last 6 or 7 games the goal distribution in the team has been fairly even with ballack, Ashley, Joe, Malouda, JT and even

Ivanovic getting on the score sheet.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by jalether(m): 10:26pm On Dec 14, 2009
nateevs:

As a Chelsea fan I expect you know more about the inside of the club than all these rats on here. .
Why do we need to buy. . ? Because we facing a transfer ban that's why.

Why do you think we appealed the ban . . Just for the desire of seeing the ban lifted temporary?

We appealed so CAS could lift the ban for this period. . . which allows us to enter the market in January. We are facing a ban and it doesn't look good. We can't escape at least one summer and winter transfer ban. . considerately speaking.

If we are unlucky, we will be banned for two summer transfer windows. So if don't buy now, we would have shot ourselves in the foot by extending our ban by a year. Why would we do that? Not being able to bring anyone in till January 2012.

Do you really see that as a good thing? With Drogba 31, Anelka 30, Deco 31, Lampard 31, Ballack 32, Malouda 29, Carvalho 32, Ashley 29. .

And you ask why we should buy. . . Do you not see imminent disaster if we don't?

I don't believe the story. . . only of course if someone at the club has lost touch with reality.

No matter what I still maintain my stance, there is no need to make desperate signings. how quickly opinion changes, Are you not the same guy

encouraging chavs that there is no course for alarm as the transfer ban may/will give our young players the opportunity to flourish undecided, make up your mind Nateevs
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by A40(m): 10:57pm On Dec 14, 2009
@Jalether
Half of those ten goals where from cup games in which one was a mere formality. The other half came cos you where facing strong opposition. You have to let some Poo slide bruv. Your defence is still the best in the league these guys are not robots

Anelka may be proven but he is not as reliable as Drogba he just doesn't posess the same threat i am putting it mildly infact he is not half as good as Drogba. Lampard this season has been poor! Deco,Ballack hahaha if you are relying on those senior citizens for goals you must be watching Comedy Central, the spirit may be willing but the body is weak! they may step up but its highly unlikely
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Ibime(m): 12:16pm On Dec 15, 2009
@ all,

A new stiker is not important for us this transfer window.

Anelka and Drogs will last the next two years, and we have Di Santo growing into a good striker, plus Kalou. That said, I wouldnt mind Luis Suarez cos he is versatile.

What we need is another DM, preferrably to replace Mikel. Mikel does not have the legs to play this diamond formation, he was more suited to the previous 4-3-3. In this new system, a DM must have decent pace, cos his remit is to stop counterattcks when our fullbacks go too far forward on the overlap. I suggest the Spanish boy at Benfica who flopped (or wasnt given a chance) at Real Madrid - Javi Garcia. We can even take Flamini, Matuidi or any other cheap option.

We also need a right-sided central midfielder (or two ) to replace Ballack who is on his last legs. The two boys from West Ham - Jack Collison and Junior Stanislas will be perfect for this role.

Thats all we need.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by A40(m): 12:47pm On Dec 15, 2009
@Ibime
Di Santo is crap! I would not even compare him to a Carlos Vela. I have seen his games for Blackburn and if thats who you hope would fill Drogba or Anelka's shoes then i'm sorry. That dude just doesn't know where the goal is and even for a young'n his goal scoring record is awful. By the way whatever happened to Sturridge?
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Ibime(m): 1:46pm On Dec 15, 2009
A-40:

@Ibime
Di Santo is crap! I would not even compare him to a Carlos Vela. I have seen his games for Blackburn and if thats who you hope would fill Drogba or Anelka's shoes then i'm sorry. That dude just doesn't know where the goal is and even for a young'n his goal scoring record is awful. By the way whatever happened to Sturridge?

Calm down bros. . . . Di Santo has proven quality. . . even the Blackburn fans love his performances, regardless of goal drought. . . . goals will come with time as he matures. . . . he has the quick feet, the speed, the height, strength and heading ability. . . . all thats needed is confidence. . . . have you ever wondered why he keeps benching Kalinic, Roberts and McCarthy despite scoring only one goal so far. . . . his performances have been good, besides the goals.

Anelka and Drogs will last for the next 2 years easy. . . . Im loathe to break up that partnership. . . what we need is someone who is happy on the bench, but competent when called into action eg Kalou and DiSanto. . . . I would hate for Aguero to come in and drop Anelka to the bench. . . . I dont think Drogs would even enjoy playing with Aguero. . . . In Drogbas whole professional history, he has never formed a partnership with another striker. . . . Anelka is the first. . . . and thats cos Anelka is intelligent, unselifsh and hardworking. . . . Drogs wont have the same relationship with greedy Aguero. . . . Luis Suarez is a different story cos Suarez can play as a wide-forward if need be. . . . however, me thinks Kalou and Di Santo can serve as competent back-ups for the next 2 years of the ban easily.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by A40(m): 2:25pm On Dec 15, 2009
@Ibime
I would not advise Aguero he is good but over-rated besides he is Argentinean and those cats are highly sentimental. If his wife did not shag him well the previous night it would affect his game on matchday.

As for Di Santo we know McCarthy is washed up. Jason Roberts stays injured and hardly starts. Kalinic? I never heard of him. These lower rung teams would play anything with a pulse from any member of the big 4 Mancienne is a perfect example

Di Santo ain't it bruv he is a younger Dave Kitson hehehe
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 15, 2009
Aguero will be welcomed at CFC.

As for the ANC, Anelka can strike alone.
Buy what happens if he gets injured?

Perhaps, J.Cole and Malouda will be used as forwards.
Borini and DS are not ready for first team yet.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by jalether(m): 7:22pm On Dec 15, 2009
BlueDiva:

Aguero will be welcomed at CFC.

As for the ANC, Anelka can strike alone.
Buy what happens if he gets injured?

Perhaps, J.Cole and Malouda will be used as forwards.
Borini and DS are not ready for first team yet.

Aguero is not welcomed, when will you start realising the fact that dude is just overrated, there are way better strikers out there that cost far less

Fabiano, Higuian, Grafite, Dzeko are all better than Aguero and cost far less.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 15, 2009
jalether:

Aguero is not welcomed, when will you start realising the fact that dude is just overrated, there are way better strikers out there that cost far less

Fabiano, Higuian, Grafite, Dzeko are all better than Aguero and cost far less. 

I can name ten strikers i love.
The issue here is that CFC has shown interest in Aguero.

We're not debating if he's the best striker for us or not.
We're trying to figure out what his place in the squad will be if and when he arrives.

We as fans can only fantasize about whom should be in our team.
Management decides whom they want. For a while now, Aguero's name has been coming up.

If we finally get him, i won't consider him a bad buy.
As long as we don't spend past 20 mil
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by jalether(m): 7:53pm On Dec 15, 2009
BlueDiva:

I can name ten strikers i love.
The issue here is that CFC has shown interest in Aguero.

We're not debating if he's the best striker for us or not.
We're trying to figure out what his place in the squad will be if and when he arrives.

We as fans can only fantasize about whom should be in our team.
Management decides whom they want. For a while now, Aguero's name has been coming up.

If we finally get him, i won't consider him a bad buy.
As long as we don't spend past 20 mil

The asking price for the dud is £40 million hence my sentiment
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 15, 2009
jalether:

The asking price for the dud is £40 million hence my sentiment

Those days are over.
CFC no longer spends recklessly.

How can common Aguero break the Brit transfer record?
Not in this lifetime. . .except wannabe City decides to flaunt their oil money.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by debosky(m): 8:02pm On Dec 15, 2009
Ibime:

@ all,

A new stiker is not important for us this transfer window.

Anelka and Drogs will last the next two years, and we have Di Santo growing into a good striker, plus Kalou. That said, I wouldnt mind Luis Suarez cos he is versatile.

Says the man who said Drogba was finished a year ago.  grin I do think you need a striker, maybe not a big player but someone with the ability to develop in the near future. I don't know how long DD can continue playing the way he's doing right now. . . when decline sets in, it is likely to be precipitous, likely same with Anelka as well. Besides. . . .a long term injury to either of the two especially DD will leave you skint.

What we need is another DM, preferrably to replace Mikel. Mikel does not have the legs to play this diamond formation, he was more suited to the previous 4-3-3. In this new system, a DM must have decent pace, cos his remit is to stop counterattcks when our fullbacks go too far forward on the overlap. I suggest the Spanish boy at Benfica who flopped (or wasnt given a chance) at Real Madrid - Javi Garcia. We can even take Flamini, Matuidi or any other cheap option.

No - With Essien and Mikel and Matic, you DON'T need another DM - the ones at present can do the job for the foreseeable future.

We also need a right-sided central midfielder (or two ) to replace Ballack who is on his last legs. The two boys from West Ham - Jack Collison and Junior Stanislas will be perfect for this role.

Maybe you need this. . . but even that is doubtful with the young talent coming through.  Personally what Chelski needs is a maverick Winger who can do damage when the 'machine' is failing to produce - someone who has that something out of nothing ability. . . Robinho or a similar type player. Scour Spain for a good option that's not yet world known.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by FBS: 8:41pm On Dec 15, 2009
debosky:

Says the man who said Drogba was finished a year ago.  grin I do think you need a striker, maybe not a big player but someone with the ability to develop in the near future. I don't know how long DD can continue playing the way he's doing right now. . . when decline sets in, it is likely to be precipitous, likely same with Anelka as well. Besides. . . .a long term injury to either of the two especially DD will leave you skint.

No - With Essien and Mikel and Matic, you DON'T need another DM - the ones at present can do the job for the foreseeable future.

Maybe you need this. . . but even that is doubtful with the young talent coming through.  Personally what Chelski needs is a maverick Winger who can do damage when the 'machine' is failing to produce - someone who has that something out of nothing ability. . . Robinho or a similar type player. Scour Spain for a good option that's not yet world known.
Thanks Debosky. Yes I said it.  cool Say the truth and let them hear.  The same guy who maintained that DD was finished?
But I'm hoping Borini, Matic and Co can step up to the plate.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Ibime(m): 8:51pm On Dec 15, 2009
DD was finished, now he's back again. . . . the evidence shows that his problem was mental, not physical. . . . I am not a psychologist, hence I can only judge him on his physical ability. . . . .

debosky:

Am not enamoured with Mikel in the diamond. He is too slow to stop the counterattacks. Matic remains to be seen. He's nice technically, but does he have the energy, strength and positional ability of a DM? Question mark. Essien can be let loose to perhaps better effect on the right-side of the diamond. Hence I say sell Mikel and buy another DM. It also helps not having two African nuccas in the same position cos when ANC comes, you are left with no one.

debosky:
Maybe you need this. . . but even that is doubtful with the young talent coming through.  Personally what Chelski needs is a maverick Winger who can do damage when the 'machine' is failing to produce

First things first, we will not be buying any wingers in the near future cos of the diamond formation. At most, we will buy a floating forward like Anelka and Kalou. We already have the best winger in Holland (Miroslav Stoch) but I fear he will not be getting a place in the near future cos of his position.

We def need a right-sided midfielder. Ballack is on his last legs, no one else can play there except Essien who is already occupied at DM. Like I said, Jack Collison is the one for that position. He has the technique of a central midfielder with the pace of a winger when he needs to pull wide, plus he's strong and energetic.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by nateevs(m): 11:18pm On Dec 15, 2009
jalether:

No matter what I still maintain my stance, there is no need to make desperate signings. how quickly opinion changes, Are you not the same guy

encouraging chavs that there is no course for alarm as the transfer ban may/will give our young players the opportunity to flourish undecided, make up your mind Nateevs

You may want to fetch out the posts where I said it is useless to buy players.
I am very much in support of youth football. . but I will not misplace my priorities. For a team competing in all competitions every year, we need proven players in crucial positions. We all complain about Petr Cech lately, even you, Jalether, want him dropped. So you want to see Sam Walker, Delac or Rhys Taylor against Messi in the Semi final of the CL because Cech suddenly lost form, NO!. . I don't.

While I am a big fan of giving youngsters opportunities, throwing them in the deep end sometimes could truncate what could have been progressive development.

I am not asking us to go out and buy a dozen players. To be honest we would be fine with three players.
We need a player to play the top of the diamond. A fast moving midfielder that can weave through players, with great vision and able to deliver that killer pass when needed most. Deco is finished and I have given up on Joe Cole. Can Kakuta do the job? perhaps. . but it's not wise to rely on him to carry the mantle of the diamond. . . An established player in the position will not only make the team stronger but Kakuta wil learn him.

We need a right sided midfielder like Ibime said. . but I don't agree we need a DM. . Mikel, Essien and Matic. Ballack is done after this season.

The third one is where I am not decided. A striker. I agree like Ibime said that Drogba and Anelka are good for about two years and one can argue that in that time at least one of DiSanto, Sturridge and Borini would have come good. Before then however, Drogba may sustain an injury and there goes our 20 goals a season striker. If that doesn't happen buying another striker will be an overkill with the flurry of strikers we have and that could cause unhappiness.

Defenders! . . We are covered for at least 8 years.

We need to buy this January, at least two mid-fielders.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Nobody: 11:38pm On Dec 15, 2009
I am not asking us to go out and buy a dozen players. To be honest we would be fine with three players.
We need a player to play the top of the diamond. A fast moving midfielder that can weave through players, with great vision and able to deliver that killer pass when needed most. Deco is finished and I have given up on Joe Cole. Can Kakuta do the job? perhaps. . but it's not wise to rely on him to carry the mantle of the diamond. . . An established player in the position will not only make the team stronger but Kakuta wil learn him.

We need a right sided midfielder like Ibime said. . but I don't agree we need a DM. . Mikel, Essien and Matic. Ballack is done after this season.

The third one is where I am not decided. A striker. I agree like Ibime said that Drogba and Anelka are good for about two years and one can argue that in that time at least one of[b] DiSanto, Sturridge and Borini[/b] would have come good. Before then however, Drogba may sustain an injury and there goes our 20 goals a season striker. If that doesn't happen buying another striker will be an overkill with the flurry of strikers we have and that could cause unhappiness.

Joe is still not fully fit.
I don't think he has outlived his usefulness yet.

Come good by playing in the reserves?
We hardly give our young ones opportunity to build their confidence.

What stops us fro using them at competitions like the CC?
That's what i like about Wenger. Ready to field 11 kids.

Little wonder DS ain't doing well at Blackburn, even Sturridge trembles in front of goal.
We need another striker. If Drog and Anelka injures, we're in serious problem.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by jalether(m): 1:26am On Dec 16, 2009
nateevs:

You may want to fetch out the posts where I said it is useless to buy players.
I am very much in support of youth football. . but I will not misplace my priorities. For a team competing in all competitions every year, we need proven players in crucial positions. We all complain about Petr Cech lately, even you, Jalether, want him dropped. So you want to see Sam Walker, Delac or Rhys Taylor against Messi in the Semi final of the CL because Cech suddenly lost form, NO!. . I don't.

While I am a big fan of giving youngsters opportunities, throwing them in the deep end sometimes could truncate what could have been progressive development.

The third one is where I am not decided. A striker. I agree like Ibime said that Drogba and Anelka are good for about two years and one can argue that in that time at least one of DiSanto, Sturridge and Borini would have come good. Before then however, Drogba may sustain an injury and there goes our 20 goals a season striker. If that doesn't happen buying another striker will be an overkill with the flurry of strikers we have and that could cause unhappiness.

We need to buy this January, at least two mid-fielders.

Bottomline is buying a world class midfielder and winger in this over populated market is extremely costly. Kakuta should do the job

perfectly on top of the diamond (100% sure of that, when I see a raw talent rearing to go, I know) why waste money when you have

a talent on the bench and as far as joe cole goes, Blue diva has already answered the question.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by A40(m): 1:31am On Dec 16, 2009
Chelsea can rave about Ancelloti's diamond formation all they want but Drogba's excellent form is why Chelsea have started so well right now though your problem or potential problem is the over-reliance on Drogba i don't remember a game where Drogba played poorly and the rest of your attack minded players picked up the slack. Big games here oh i am not talking of Wolves or Pathetico Madrid where he was absent sef. He is to y'all what Lebron James is to the Cleveland Cavaliers he has about 17goals or so and at least 5 assists overall so if you think you would cope without buying think again as a matter of fact here is an assignment for you: Show me another Chelsea player that has scored even 9 goals in all competitions this season. Don't worry i'll wait

@Jalether
9 clean sheets in 16 EPL games so if you think your defence is the problem think again
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by nateevs(m): 1:56am On Dec 17, 2009
jalether:

Bottomline is buying a world class midfielder and winger in this over populated market is extremely costly. Kakuta should do the job

perfectly on top of the diamond (100% sure of that, when I see a raw talent rearing to go, I know) why waste money when you have

a talent on the bench and as far as joe cole goes, Blue diva has already answered the question.

What are you talking about? What do you mean by costly. . ? £20, £25m . . That's costly. . ?

Look bro you can't tell me anything about Kakuta that I don't know already. He is a bright footballer and he deserves a chance. . but you can't make him your main top of the diamond player. . He's 17 going on 18 . . . . It's insane.

So if you fork out £20m to buy Gourcuff or Eden Hazard, you think it's a waste of money. Even Wenger that has an array of young talents still bought Arshavin for good money in January . .

You cannot be 100% sure about anything. Kakuta may flop when under pressure. . If Carllotti gave chances to Kaka and Pato . . . and he confirms Kakuta is the best young player we have, why do you think he won't have his chance. .?

We want to win the league and the CL this season not the next . . and to rely on Kakuta to bring that is bordering on insane Arsenal-like ambitions. . . You will never win anything.

Like Fergie does, give the kid a chance at the right time. . but never put pressure on a kid to deliver the goods on the big stage for an extended period of time. . You could kill the kid.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by nateevs(m): 2:19am On Dec 17, 2009
@BlueDiva. .

BlueDiva:

Joe is still not fully fit.
I don't think he has outlived his usefulness yet.

Come good by playing in the reserves?
We hardly give our young ones opportunity to build their confidence.

What stops us fro using them at competitions like the CC?
That's what i like about Wenger. Ready to field 11 kids.

Little wonder DS ain't doing well at Blackburn, even Sturridge trembles in front of goal.
We need another striker. If Drog and Anelka injures, we're in serious problem.

Many mistake we Chelsea fans make. . .
If we keep calling for the head of a manger every time they go through a bad spell, that's what you get.

You cannot expect Carllotti to do a Wenger when he is only 6 months old at the club. .

He needs to establish a winning mentality. . and that mentality can only be established with time. That mentality then becomes a culture, which trickles down to the reserves all the way to the academy. At this point the young ones know exactly what is demanded of them when they feature in a CC game.

But with this hire and fire rubbish we do, which manager will put his faith in youngsters . . ? Knowing fully well the number of managers that have vacated the seat before him. .

When we drew with Everton, Ibime said Ancellotti = Scolari. . If we drew today, some Chelsea fans will start to ask for the axe. . and we want youngsters to feature. .

If Carllotti wins the PL and CL this season for example, he would have bought the right to try tricks and experiments. . but before then, every new manager wants to win a trophy in their new club no matter how small. . and to do that they will never use their young players except they don't have a choice.

On the other point, I tell you . . . I know our best 11 young players . . . they will get thrashed by Coventry in the first game. . what then will be the point? They don't have another game to prove what they are made of. .

If you however use 4 or 5 young players with 6 senior team players . . the experience of the senior team will help us win CC games and progress to the next round. . thereby having another day for those 4 or 5 youngsters to gain more experience . .
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by FBS: 8:08am On Dec 17, 2009
Moi thinks we need to buy 3 good players.

Abeg can someone tell us about Kalou. What's up with him?
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by chrisical(m): 10:16am On Dec 17, 2009
I am shocked by his performances of late.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by nateevs(m): 11:01am On Dec 17, 2009
Of Late?

Has there ever been a time Kalou was consistent. . ?
If Borini, or Disanto have all the opportunities Kalou has been handed, they will be world class by now. .

Kalou has been promising since he came. . He's like Nani. . Ship out!
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Ibime(m): 11:14am On Dec 17, 2009
Kalou is a decent squad player. At least he guarantees 10 goals off the bench every season. Remember he is carrying a knock from the Blackburn game.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by nateevs(m): 12:12pm On Dec 17, 2009
Ibime:

Kalou is a decent squad player. At least he guarantees 10 goals off the bench every season. Remember he is carrying a knock from the Blackburn game.

I know Kalou's stats. . My worry is that he often gets them goals in games that don't really matter. .
His decision making is very poor . . and misses at the crucial moment.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by debosky(m): 12:14pm On Dec 17, 2009
Kalou is being Kalou. . . .too young for Chelski at the moment.  grin

Very few players come good at your club before they hit 25 - ask Lamps and Terry and others.  grin

That said, he's a decent but infuriating squad player and has bags of energy and potential and is definitely a keeper.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by cabali(m): 2:39pm On Dec 17, 2009
Well I think Kalou doesnt really per4m well under pressure. He has some misses one would want to strangle him for. But all the same He is still useful in all these 'smaller' games cos it is noticed that we are doing well against the top four but we are shameful with the others.

Let us not beat the top 4 home and away and still not take the cup. That would be so gruesomely exasperating!
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 17, 2009
Kalou will shine in a team where he gets first team action.

@Nateevs,
I certainly don't ask for the head of managers.
Only Felipe Scolari. cheesy

I'd feel better being knocked out of the CC when we use kids.
How do you justify our losing to BB when we had a lot of experienced players on the field.

I think the CC is supposed to be an opportunity for smaller teams to win a trophy.
It certainly should be an opportunity to test the strength of your youth team.
You might as well field 11 kids because IMO, it ain't a serious competition.

Meanwhile. . .

Bayern Munich's new president Uli Hoeness is ready to cash in on Chelsea target Franck Ribery if the France star does not sign a new contract in the next few weeks.

The Bundesliga club resisted all bids for the 26-year-old last summer, but Hoeness now concedes that Ribery will be sold if his contract to 2011 is not extended by the spring.

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is ready to sanction a £45million move, while Real Madrid, Manchester United, City and Barcelona will also be alerted by the admission that this season could be Ribery's last at the Allianz Arena.

'If Ribery doesn't renew his deal in the spring, it would be fiscally irresponsible to keep him, as he's out of contract in 2011,' said Hoeness, who replaced Franz Beckenbauer as Bayern president last month. 'We'd just be giving away €50-60m (aproximately £45-55m) in that case.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1236331/Franck-Ribery-set-45m-Chelsea-Bayern-Munich-admit-wont-wait-contract-
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by A40(m): 6:08pm On Dec 17, 2009
Hola ma Chav Compadres. Please how serious is your Olugbaala's (Didier Drogba) injury would he be able to make the West Ham game?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (99)

Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On 22nd August 2022 / Manchester United Vs Chelsea (2 - 0) On 16th April 2017 / Arsenal Vs Chelsea : FA Community Shield (1 - 0) On 2nd August 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.