Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,285 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? (12253 Views)

Poll: Sometimes, a woman needs a slap from her husband.

Yes, maybe, sometimes.: 16% (26 votes)
No, it's never acceptable.: 83% (131 votes)
This poll has ended

Do Wives Do This Or I Just Have A Bad One? / How Do Wives Whose Husbands Work In Distant Places Cope Sexually? / Why Do Wives Find It Difficult To Be In Subjection To Their Husbands.— (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by Genial(m): 8:00am On Jan 20, 2007
saintchux:

Do yourself a favour, Love your wife.

And I will add to that. . . as much as you love yourself. Only the mentally deranged mutilate their own bodies.
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by osegwu(m): 11:42am On Jan 20, 2007
Like I always say, it is only the weak that need a whip to tame his Horse. It is only barbarians that  raise their hands against other people. It is cowards who want to prove they are men over their wives that beat or slap their wives. This is Husband inhumanity to wife

Still me
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by osegwu(m): 11:46am On Jan 20, 2007
Are you there my Sweet Loving Radiant?
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by Radiant(f): 8:20pm On Jan 20, 2007
lol. . .Osegwu, I'm here. Where are you? smiley
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by howddy4(f): 5:33am On Jan 21, 2007
u should no at any time raise ur hands to slap a woman, no matter wat she does
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by soulpatrol(f): 5:34am On Jan 21, 2007
no, allow the guy now, and lets hope he wakes up with his complete set of balls the next day. rubbish and nonsense!
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by Seun(m): 8:20am On Jan 21, 2007
What will you do that won't get you into prison? Please, violence is not the answer; just dump him immediately.
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by Uche2nna(m): 4:11am On Jan 22, 2007
soulpatrol:

no, allow the guy now, and lets hope he wakes up with his complete set of balls the next day. rubbish and nonsense!

Girl I am lucky I am not planning to marry U grin

Good luck to ur hubby cos he gonna need it cheesy
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by Nikegenius(f): 1:54pm On Jan 22, 2007
osegwu:

Like I always say, it is only the weak that need a whip to tame his Horse. It is only barbarians that raise their hands against other people. It is cowards who want to prove they are men over their wives that beat or slap their wives. This is Husband inhumanity to wife

Still me

You just said it all
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by Josh4ever9: 7:26am On Jan 24, 2007
I have a question. what if the woman hits u first?
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by runsaway: 10:34pm On Jan 27, 2007
are u kidding me? i can't believe someone is seriously asking a lame ass question like this? beat your wife for what? u must be nuts. under no cicumstances should u raise your hand and beat your wife. if u need a punching bag go buy one. did u buy her cane from her father with the dowry. crap.

ladies if he is beating u abeg watch some reruns of oprah so that u can know what to expect on a day when he is really angry, he might just kill u. watch oprah people. back your bag and leave. let him get professional help before u consider going back to him.

one other thing- don't cover for him. its okay if people know he beats u at least your neighbors will be alarmed when they hear scuffles, hopefully alarmed enough to stop him before he does u in.

AND DONT FORGET U CAN ALWAYS FIND REFUGE IN GOD. THATS Y CHRIST DIED, TO SAVE U AND GIVE U SHELTER FROM THE STORM.
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by Softee(f): 4:01pm On Jan 28, 2007
Excuseeeeeeeee You!

You said it like wives are children. A wife is an adult like you, the same way she annoys you, you annoy her. Such is life!

No man has the right to hit his wife and if he does hes a coward and can't face someone his on gender to beat on.
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by venusmaze: 4:08pm On Jan 28, 2007
@topic
Did i just wake up in the twilight zone? If a man needs to slap a woman to get his point across then he truly should not be called a MAN
or a reasonable human
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by OmoEko1(f): 2:13am On Jan 29, 2007
edited
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by slimnike(m): 3:17am On Jan 29, 2007
you can give are one or two slaps, BUT playfully Ohhhhhhhhhh. Atleast in a loving and caring manner. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by Seun(m): 9:02am On Jan 29, 2007
Josh4ever9:

I have a question. what if the woman hits u first?

If my wife hits me first, she must kneel down to apologise. If my girlfriend hits me, she's no longer my girlfriend.
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by LadyT(f): 9:59pm On Jan 30, 2007
Seun:

If my wife hits me first, she must kneel down to apologise. If my girlfriend hits me, she's no longer my girlfriend.

LMFAO classic yoruba man!!! I love it LOL
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by superman(m): 1:11am On Feb 01, 2007
adyti[/b]

i think u should carry your yoruba. i mean live us as nigeria then carry your yoruba go! na only yoruba u sabi praise here huh? brov no vex ooooo haha na question superman de ask ooo, i know say sometimes water fit pass yellow garri haha
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by slimnike(m): 11:42pm On Feb 05, 2007
Seriously You don't have to slap your wife,but they do deserve one at times.
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:44pm On Feb 05, 2007
why not date a man then, oloshi.
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by Radiant(f): 11:45pm On Feb 05, 2007
slimnike:

Here comes another retard! grin
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by debosky(m): 11:49pm On Feb 05, 2007
slimnike:

some men also deserve to be anally raped by a big prisoner named 'Boo', but seriously you don't have to do that either. grin grin
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by Genial(m): 1:16am On Feb 06, 2007
debosky:

some men also deserve to be anally raped by a big prisoner named 'Boo', but seriously you don't have to do that either. grin grin

I had to go get my ribs stitched up after reading this.
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by Radiant(f): 1:18am On Feb 06, 2007
lmao. . .Genial easy o cheesy
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by slimnike(m): 2:21am On Feb 06, 2007
@ Radiant me retard. kai, shocked shocked
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by Adedigold(f): 9:48am On Feb 07, 2007
Any reasonable man does not suppose to slap his wife no matter what . It is as simple as slapping his mother. Woman is regarded as a weaker vessel so they should be treated like a baby.
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by mekoyo(m): 2:17pm On Feb 09, 2007
She should also slap you everytime you do something wrong

Thank you for that answer.

If wives are to be slapped when they cross their limits sometimes then the husbands too should be slapped when they cross their limits sometimes too.

Haba Slap your wife? What if someone outside does that to her? What will you do?

Dont do that to your wife instead just give her a break for sometime.
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by slimnike(m): 7:57pm On Feb 13, 2007
They deserve slap. But don't slap them oh.
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 8:00pm On Feb 13, 2007
Abuse of any kind is not accpetable, but it is tolerated in some relationships.
A lot of Naija women need to gain what is a backbone, men don't beat self-respecting women
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by LadyT(f): 8:50pm On Feb 13, 2007
Jos abusive men will beat any type of woman because they are bullies!
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by Honeypot1(m): 12:15am On Feb 14, 2007
Sometimes i laugh at some cyber hypocrisy exhibited by many people. Guys who are afraid of being branded retards or bullies, try fruitlessly to wear a good public face without proper analysis of the subject matter. I don't support wife beating but to be honest sometimes u just have to restrain urself

So do wives deserve a slap or two to caution them? Yes, now before u throw ur angry jibes at me, just read on
Should u do it or is it worth it? No, but u can devise a fit-for-purpose disciplinary measure

The truth is that some women can be so annoying sometimes, that is why only guys with high sense of maturity and inexhaustible patience should contemplate marriage.

The best option is to enter into a pre-marital contract with the woman - No direct or remote nagging/disrespect by any means verbal or body language, then no disciplinary action in any form from the man. The terms and conditions must be kept by all parties at all times, with grave punishment awaiting repeat offenders

Seriously, why do majority of women nag and seem to generate strife? Why can't they politely and calmly talk over issues with their spouses. I need honest answers from ladies please, no name calling here, u can disagree with my views politely without starting another chain of verbal abuse plsssss.
Re: Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? by LadyT(f): 12:34am On Feb 14, 2007
Honey pot you know I always have a mouth of abuse ready for senseless posts.

But as you have pleaded. What about men who are annoying? Does the wife have the right to slap them? If the person is that bad leave them instead of turning them into a punchbag. There are other ways of getting to someone. Ignoring them is one moving out is another. But to hit them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Call My Mother Mummy, What Do You Call Yours? / Why Do We Marry? / Thrift Fashion Items You Need

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.