Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos (19855 Views)

Ambode Seeks FG's Permission For 3000MW Project To Power Lagos / Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos / Governor Ambode Targets 3000MW 24hr Power Generation For Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by EmperorTech: 9:17am On Feb 16, 2017
989900:
If Lagos does it, others will emulate . . .

No, some others will emulate rather because Edo started their under Oshiomole and would be completed in the next 20months.
Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by jagorinho: 9:21am On Feb 16, 2017
Biafrarep:
Talk is cheap, Tinubu, Odili, Amaechi, Akpabio etc all said the same thing years back yet they left the power situation worse than they met. until I see the power in our homes, all these are nothing but RUBBISH. Next Pls!
a pained individual, all these hate should be chanelled to your leaders at the other side of niger bridge not ranting to those people that doesnt know of your existence. The energy in your hate can even power your region for 1 year,please if you want to hate do it at the right place.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by wristbangle: 9:22am On Feb 16, 2017

7 Likes

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by Nobody: 9:23am On Feb 16, 2017
twinskenny:

you are right my brother... fashola wanted to do same but FG ddnt allow him
Guy i swear you get retentive memory but that Otueke drunkard never allowed that project to see the light of day. State Independent power plants is the only way forward. it might cost a lot but it's d only way out cos government just doesn't fulfill their promises.

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by jagorinho: 9:25am On Feb 16, 2017
Biafrarep:
Talk is cheap, Tinubu, Odili, Amaechi, Akpabio etc all said the same thing years back yet they left the power situation worse than they met it. until I see the power in our homes, all these are nothing but RUBBISH. Next Pls!
A pained individual.Why cant you channel your hate to your governors at the other end of the niger bridge instead of ranting to those that doesnt care about your existence.The energy in your hate can even power your region for 1 year, please!!! if you want to hate do it at the right place.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by seguntijan(m): 9:27am On Feb 16, 2017
_Dear Southern Nigeria,_
_At what time will you wake up to reality. Did u see the North participating in the #IstandwithNigeria PROTEST? It's simple, There's a *silent agricultural revolution* going on in the North. Northerners are cashing out on their agriculture produce, Kebbi, Kano, Jigawa, Benue, Plateau, Kaduna etc. While we are here wailing & protesting with an "IMPORT" dependant mindset, the "illiterate" Northerner is exporting ginger, garlic, sesame seeds etc and earning forex at N500 to $1. WHO IS THE FOOL HERE? Why can't our people take advantage and concentrate on the finished products of these agricultural produce and industrialize our area? Didn't we see how they tested LAKE RICE( Lagos- Kebbi Race) as they call it. Are we not seeing Dangote, Bua & top companies moving northwards to establish processing mills, tomato factories etc.That's how we will waste 4 years insulting and cursing Buhari while the North will gradually be feeding the whole of West Africa. My people, this is not the time to protest but a time to put your thinking cap. Nigeria imports more rice than the entire European Union! We are the 2nd largest importer of rice in the world and we want $1 to remain at N150 at a time when crude oil is $57? We have no business with the dollar if we consume what we produce. A word is enough for the wise._

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by opara28(m): 9:28am On Feb 16, 2017
2022 shocked
Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by anonimi: 9:29am On Feb 16, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:
Guy, you're starting to sound like a broken record with this your lightrail timeline talk. So long as they actually do a good job of it that's all that should matter in the end. Besides there are enough precedents for this sort of shifts in timeline with similar projects the world over.

It's a PPP project so it's not unusual for timelines to change considering unforeseen circumstances and developments. E.g, Boston's "Big Dig" project started in 1982, with completion due in 1998, and was not completed until almost a decade later in 2006 - 25 years later! That's in the good old U.S of A.

If you like use example of delays by 100 years in USA na your own be that. angry undecided
On this African continent, Addis Ababa constructed its light rail in four years: 2011 to 2015!

Addis Ababa Light Rail (Amharic: የአዲስ አበባ ቀላል ባቡር) is a light rail transportation system in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.[3][4] A 17-kilometre (11 mi) line running from the city centre to industrial areas in the south of the city opened on 20 September 2015.[5][6] Service began on 9 November 2015 for the second line (west-east).[7][8] The total length of both lines is 31.6 kilometres (19.6 mi), with 39 stations.[7] Trains are expected to be able to reach maximum speeds of 70 km/h (43 mph).[9]

The railway was contracted by the China Railway Group Limited. The Ethiopian Railways Corporation began construction of the double track electrified light rail transit project in December 2011 after securing funds from the Export-Import Bank of China.[10] Trial operations were begun on 1 February 2015,[9] with several months of testing following that.[11] It is operated by the Shenzhen Metro Group.[12]

More from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addis_Ababa_Light_Rail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXDDBbC6vJY

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by winj3: 9:29am On Feb 16, 2017
Nigerians are mass producing children they and the government cannot look after, by 2022 the population will have massively increased and will need DOUBLE the megawatts of electricity.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by anonimi: 9:30am On Feb 16, 2017
wristbangle:
These roads has been fixed. Take a walk to dosumu off balogun market, marina to see for yourself.

Thanks for the update.
Greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by AshiwajuFoward: 9:32am On Feb 16, 2017
anonimi:

If you like use example of delays by 100 years in USA na your own be that. angry undecided
On this African continent, Addis Ababa constructed its light rail in four years: 2011 to 2015!

Guy, I hope you are not expecting me to exchange words with a confirmed digbolugi like you?? Ko jo.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by KingOfAmebo(m): 9:32am On Feb 16, 2017
Biafrarep:
Hey, you Yoruba Yoruba optimist and gulible people of the waste syde. What has your optimism and gulibility achieved for you? The last time I checked, your rotten ZOO of a country has so deteriorated to the extent that you guys are now leaving like refugees in a supposed peaceful country. Hunger & strife has become your lot yet you are still gullible, believing that things will get better. Listen to songs by Fela, Sony Okosun and others about your useless country since the 1970s, 80s and 90s then come back and tell me you are not the most gulible and unreasonable set of people in the whole wide world!

Have your father told you how millions of your kindred became homeless because they fought with the "ZOO"?

Have your Father told you that your race actually comes from the "ZOO" or you are you still deceiving yourself that you are a black "Jew"?...i guess it makes you feel better.

You hate the "ZOO" so much but you and your family cannot exist or survive without the "ZOO"

You hate the "ZOO" but beg the government to develop your communities, the government of the "ZOO" still feed you and your family despite so much hate.

You hate the "ZOO" but find it difficult to leave the "ZOO" shame on you.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by EmperorTech: 9:34am On Feb 16, 2017
ajepako:
If it is coming from Ambode

Then I can believe it

He is the only APC guy that makes sense..

[b]One of those whose daily information comes only from nairaland, spotted.

Are you aware that there is an ongoing 350-400 MW power plant being constructed in Edo State through Edo State Govt and a private company(Azura Engineering)? The construction started in 2012 and would be completed in the next 2yrs? The project was actually staled by fg between 2013- 2015 and continued in October 2015.

Are you aware that at the beginning of the month SIEMENS Engineering was in Edo state to sign a MOU with Edo State Govt for the construction of a power plant at Gelegele, Benin City, Edo State?

Are you aware that a seaport is on the burner in Edo State, Gelegele seaport? The gov has already set up a committee to understudy it.

Are you aware that revamping of Edo State Fertilizer company located at Auchi has started and would be completed withing the next 3months?

Are you aware that already and in less than 4months in office, Edo state govt have started construction and reconstruction of about 800KM of roads across the state?

Are you aware that Edo state govt/gov in less than 4months in office has already acquired about 5,000 hectares of land that would be given to youths in Edo State Agro-business program?

Are you aware that in less than 4months in office Edo state Govt/Gov has banned public ticketing? This means there re no more agberos in Edo state, can "our" ambode try such in Lagos State?

Just too numerous to mention, so I will stop here.

FACT! Both in personal achievements before becoming govs of their various states and how good they have done, Ambode is nowhere near Godwin Nogheghase Obaseki.

My advice to you, seek for infos everywhere possible and not solely on Nairaland and you will be informed about w
happenings in some other states, e.g Edo State. [/b]
Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by HAH: 9:35am On Feb 16, 2017
Nukualofa:
The only way we can attain constant power supply is if ech state build and develop their own power grid and use it for themselves.

The north will not want it because of their parasitic nature

Modified: To those that say the north has more power sources should know that the north only boast of Kainji and Shiroro. We still want them to use those two to better their lots but they won't agree

Kainji, Jebba, Shirro that Nigeria was using before the prolification gas powered station are all hydro power station and are in the north, Mambila that alone will give over 4000MW is in the north,

quit sentiments please because at this rate bitterness will take you to early grave

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by AshiwajuFoward: 9:40am On Feb 16, 2017
EmperorTech:

[b]One of those whose daily information comes only from nairaland, spotted.

Are you aware that there is an ongoing 350-400 MW power plant being constructed in Edo State through Edo State Govt and a private company? The construction started in 2012 and would be completed in the next 2yrs?

Are you aware that at the beginning of the month SIEMENS Engineering was in Edo state to sign a MOU with Edo State Govt for the construction of a power plant at Gelegele, Benin City, Edo State?

Are you aware that a seaport is on the burner in Edo State, Gelegele seaport? The gov has already set up a committee to understudy it.

Are you aware that revamping of Edo State Fertilizer company located at Auchi has started and would be completed withing the next 3months?

Are you aware that already and in less than 4months in office, Edo state govt have started construction and reconstruction of about 400KM of roads across the state?

Are you aware that Edo state govt/gov in less than 4monthsd in office has already acquired about 5,000 hectares of land that would be given to youths in Edo State Agro-business program?

Are you aware that in less than 4months in office Edo state Govt/Gov has banned public ticketing? This means there re no more agberos in Edo state.

Just too numerous to mention, so I will stop here.

FACT! Both in personal achievements before becoming govs of their various states and how good they have done, Ambode is nowhere near Godwin Nogheghase Obaseki.

My advice to you, seek for infos everywhere possible and not solely on Nairaland and you will be informed about what is happening in some other states, e.g Edo State. [/b]

Guy, this isn't about building of power plant or IPPs -- Lagos was the first state to do so since Tinubu era. A lot of states already did that sef. This is about an innovative approach to electricity distribution that no other state has yet been able to implement due to the FG's frustrating laws and regulations that mandate all power generated from IPPs to be directed to the central grid for redistribution. Read the article again maybe then you'll get the koko of the gist.
Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by Nobody: 9:40am On Feb 16, 2017
mapet:

Wrong picture of the information
1. No State was "forced" to push to the national grid back then, the law actually required them to do so. These businessmen knew the law at the time
2. Today, the law makes it possible to have off-grid distribution.
how so?
Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by udees: 9:41am On Feb 16, 2017
ba7man:
You really need to get more information on what's going on around you.

So you aren't aware of the law that says any independent power project output must be fed into the national grid.

Its one of the dumb laws from the FG that has discouraged independent power projects.

The guy there does not understand that so many policies prevent things from working in this country--i think he should go back and do a research before he comment on national issues like this--is not everything he should comment.
It was the immediate past administration that even soft pedal on this grid issue--but still all the state that built their power plant could not operates it effectively as their power first go on the grid before it would be ration part to the area of operation--being that the facility of transmitting is own and control by the federal government--eg of the state are Akwa Ibom State and RiVer state--Though River state have sold its own power plant.
I dont know whether you know that in same Akwa Ibom state lies unused 540 MW of power-where the federal government or power minister is still behaving as if he does not know that facility exist--i am talking about ALCON smelting company Power Plant.

Senator Akpabio make a presentation in the senate last August--begging the federal government to evaquate the 540Mw power from aAlscon to the grid or equally give the state the licence to operate that power plant as the company is no more functioning[Productive].

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by checkolatunji: 9:41am On Feb 16, 2017
Biafrarep:
Talk is cheap, Tinubu, Odili, Amaechi, Akpabio etc all said the same thing years back yet they left the power situation worse than they met it. until I see the power in our homes, all these are nothing but RUBBISH. Next Pls!

Shildren of hate spotted
OBJ stopped Tinubu from doing it back then.
By now Lagos would have been using 24hrs power but cos OBJ want Lagos to be a PDP state he wouldn't allow him(Tinunbu) to do it. That was when we had that useless policy of ' generate power and send it to national grid'

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by Nobody: 9:42am On Feb 16, 2017
HAH:

Kainji, Jebba, Shirro that Nigeria was using before the prolification gas powered station are all hydro power station and are in the north, Mambila that alone will give over 4000MW is in the north,

quit sentiments please because at this rate bitterness will take you to early grave
U said WILL give. Let it start giving first. Secondly u n I know that mambila will not generate up to 4000magawatt. Or u don't know how hydro power plant work?

1 Like

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by Biafrarep(m): 9:43am On Feb 16, 2017
KingOfAmebo:

Has your father told you how millions of your kindred became homeless because they fought with the "ZOO"?

Has your Father told you that your race actually comes from the "ZOO" or you are you still deceiving yourself that you are a black "Jew"?...i guess it makes you feel better.

You hate the "ZOO" so much but you and your family cannot exist or survive without the "ZOO"

You hate the "ZOO" but beg the government to develop your communities, the government of the "ZOO" still feed you and your family despite so much hate.

You hate the "ZOO" but find it difficult to leave the "ZOO" shame on you.
I must have hit a nerve, lol, just look at how they are all quoting me just to vent their frustration. Like they say, truth is bitter. I pity you all and your hopeless situation. It is shear madness to be doing the same thing while expecting different result. Gulible and unreasonable re.tards, their fathers died in suffering, the same is happening to them!
Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by udees: 9:47am On Feb 16, 2017
Blue3k:

Not even natural gas supplies most of power. If the capacity is anything to go by. Besides almost all the IPP are in the south anyway.

source: http://www.power.gov.ng/download/Investment%20Opportunities%20in%20the%20Nigerian%20Power%20Sector.pdf

Your map does not include--1050Mw Alorji,720mw Odukpani,320Mw Egbema and Gbaran 340Mw--all fully operational but not yet connected to the Grid.
Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by EmperorTech: 9:49am On Feb 16, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Guy, this isn't about building of power plant or IPPs -- Lagos was the first state to do so since Tinubu era. A lot of states already did that sef. This is about an innovative approach to electricity distribution that no other state has yet been able to implement due to the FG's frustrating laws and regulations that mandate all power generated from IPPs to be directed to the central grid for redistribution. Read the article again maybe then you'll get the koko gist.

Lol, you got me all wrong bro. I read the article but was only replying the poster I quoted who seem to have this mindset that Ambode is the only Gov currently doing well in Nigeria and others re just busy sitting their asses and waiting for month end allocation from FG.

And when you talk of innovations, are you aware that right now you can pay your tax in Edo State just using a POS? So our ambode isn't only the only one that's thinking.
Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by Nobody: 9:50am On Feb 16, 2017
this project will largely depend on gas. however those insatiable pengassen workers can just wake up one morning and call fot strike, this may disrupt the supply of gas which will hamper the electricity supply
Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by Nobody: 9:50am On Feb 16, 2017
Light in Ketu make sense die .

1 Like

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by Kingsley1000(m): 9:55am On Feb 16, 2017
3000mw is too much for lagos.....while Nigeria as a country generates 5000
Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by jagorinho: 10:01am On Feb 16, 2017
Biafrarep:
Look at them and their re.tar.ded mentality. Little wonder they have remained stunted while their mates have all gone nuclear. #guliblepeopledisgustsme.
if there is a region that will go nuclear first,it is the western region.Dont die of hate,when you see someone doing something laudible the best you can do is to be happy for the person and next you can do is to look the other way but the worst is to HATE
Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by Biafrarep(m): 10:04am On Feb 16, 2017
ba7man:
You really need to get more information on what's going on around you.

So you aren't aware of the law that says any independent power project output must be fed into the national grid.

Its one of the dumb laws from the FG that has discouraged independent power projects.
So has the "dumb law" been repelled? What is your Ambode going to do differently now from what his predecessors did? Keep being gulible and unreasonably optimistic. Your fathers died in suffering with their optimism and you are now also towing the same path, no lessen learned, just repeating the same process while hoping for different result. With your attitude and reasoning, your circle of strife and hobbesian lifestyle will continue even in the next hundred years!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Seeks Review Of Supreme Court Judgment On 2019 Presidential Election / We Didn't Bomb Madalla Church - Boko Haram / Media Giving Oxygen To Boko Haram, Says Lai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.