Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos (19854 Views)

Ambode Seeks FG's Permission For 3000MW Project To Power Lagos / Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos / Governor Ambode Targets 3000MW 24hr Power Generation For Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by Nobody: 10:05am On Feb 16, 2017
by 2020....

Lol, i stopped reading there. by that time other african countries would have learnt how to transfer power wirelessly to other country
while we may (and that's a big may) be experiencing our first 24/7 electricity
Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by adeoba2008(m): 10:06am On Feb 16, 2017
Ambode is working. Itesiwaju Eko.....

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by jarkbauer: 10:11am On Feb 16, 2017
Dudeweedlmao:
by 2020....

Lol, i stopped reading there. by that time other african countries would have learnt how to transfer power wirelessly to other country
while we may (and that's a big may) be experiencing our first 24/7 electricity

it takes 3 years to build 500MW power plant
Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by MrBONE2(m): 10:13am On Feb 16, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Abeg park well with your lamentation. You people can lament for Africa. You probably didn't even read the report yet you don begin foul the air with your pessimism. As a Biafuran, wetin consign you with Ambode sef? Abi since when did he or Lagos become a Biafuran or part of Biafura? Don't you have a 'Free Baifura' rally somewhere to attend? Abeg face front jo. Enemy of progress.
Bros you havent see something yet, i heart that i of their Zionist movement want to claim most of the middle belt states down to southwest including Lagos as their Biafra repub. grin grin

I just pray they would not include KiVuKi Land. grin grin if they tried it our Guwara Guwara to do the needful things.grin
Gyarbonka.

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by Biafrarep(m): 10:13am On Feb 16, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Abeg park well with your lamentation. You people can lament for Africa. You probably didn't even read the report yet you don begin foul the air with your pessimism. As a Biafuran, wetin consign you with Ambode sef? Abi since when did he or Lagos become a Biafuran or part of Biafura? Don't you have a 'Free Baifura' rally somewhere to attend? Abeg face front jo. Enemy of progress.
Lol at "enemy of progress" What progress are you refering to pls? Keep burying your head in sand and continue living in mediocrity, by the time you wake up, it would have become too late. Your country is a backward and stunted zoo of a country. Even many African countries have left you behind. Very soon your country will become the new definition for a fourth world country.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by mmsen: 10:16am On Feb 16, 2017
Lagos can do it but AKS (and possibly Rivers State) is already producing enough power for its needs but the power goes into the national system which leads to inefficiency.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by MrBONE2(m): 10:19am On Feb 16, 2017
Blue3k:

Not even natural gas supplies most of power. If the capacity is anything to go by. Besides almost all the IPP are in the south anyway.

source: http://www.power.gov.ng/download/Investment%20Opportunities%20in%20the%20Nigerian%20Power%20Sector.pdf
Mambila 3000mw,Zugeru 700mw etc looaading in Ghost modegrin
Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by Olabestonic001(m): 10:21am On Feb 16, 2017
basilo102:

Thank me for educating you, support the balkanization of the national grid and transmission of power to targeted markets. This was the agreement Geometric secured to trasmit in Aba and finished long before Ambo dreamt of being a governor but the agreement was reversed and that is why Nestoil has not finished his own in Anambra too.

Do you even understand the whole scope?
Geometric's issue is with Enugu Disco and not even the Federal government. Rather than sell to Enugu Disco (which is the agreed thing for any plant more than 10MW), Geometric wanted to manage the whole energy and sell directly to consumers. That would be a big reap-off for Enugu Disco and taking away such a large market in a CBD is a great disservice to Disco investors (those guys paid billions to acquire those potfolis). So, I hope you understand it now. Moreso, your statement government can build large generating plants (using PPP) and sell to Discos controlling your area. We have such in Portharcourt and Lagos.
To me, its majorly because of the bad system we use and the lack of ideas by most of our governors. But, its obvious you don't know the person of Ambode. He doesn't make too much noise but he gets so much done. He is a 21st century governor. Most of the others are more interested in media hyping and such mundanity.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by MrBONE2(m): 10:23am On Feb 16, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

So "kainji dam" that benefits most of the country including you and most of your bitter undone jewish brothers in your biafrog zone is located in "onitsha" abi?

The foolishness some of you people are blessed with must be the post modern version! grin
just like that of Zungeru located at Jewish States. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by Olabestonic001(m): 10:29am On Feb 16, 2017
EmperorTech:

No, some others will emulate rather because Edo started their under Oshiomole and would be completed in the next 20months.

No. That project in Edo state has nothing to do with Oshiomole.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by mygsmnairacom(m): 10:43am On Feb 16, 2017
metroparrot:
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode on Wednesday said the quest by the country to achieve energy security can no longer be left for the Federal Government to address alone, just as he revealed plans by the State to attain 24-hour power supply through generation of 3000megawatts of electricity by 2022. .........................................

While explaining the rationale behind the embedded power initiative of the State Government, Governor Ambode said the major bane of the power situation in the country has always been with transmission, adding that the initiative was designed to permanently resolve power crisis in the State and by extension in the country......................................

“We also know that transmission is hundred per cent owned by government but we have tested here in Lagos and we have been able to provide 48 kilowatts of power without transmitting it which means that we generate and then distribute.

“So, if that works for 48 kilowatts, can we put Lagos into clusters and actually use embedded power initiative to drive the business of Lagos? That is what this initiative is all about and I want to thank all the stakeholders for submitting their business template into what government sees as the right step to take so that we can join hands together to say in the next two to five years, we can actually power Lagos and then grow our GDP.”........................

Earlier in his remarks, the Commissioner for Energy and Mineral Resources, Mr. Wale Oluwo, said he was confident that the implementation of the report holistically would address electricity problem in the state.

Going through the article, one can see that this technical committee considered the possibility of generating and distributing, without transmitting the power. Engineers would definitely know the implication of this. In addition, a pilot scheme has been carried out, and surely a committee of technocrats would definitely have considered the legal ramifications, considering the bitter experiences of the past regarding State generated power vs the national grid issue.

This shows clearly that there is a genuine plan and this plan is being implemented.

Someone out there might have an even better idea, and such a person should simply come out, highlight his ideas, give constructive criticisms with valid scientific suggestions which would give a better result. This is a more mature approach, than the blatant exhibition of cynicism which so many lazily engage in. Why tell us why it won't work when you have ZERO ideas on what to do concerning the issue?

1 Like

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by LordOfNaira: 10:48am On Feb 16, 2017
True federalism is the answer to our many problems!!!
Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by irepsuccess: 11:03am On Feb 16, 2017
Biafrarep:
Hey, you n.gbati n.gbati optimist and gulible people of the waste syde. What has your optimism and gulibility achieved for you? The last time I checked, your rotten ZOO of a country has so deteriorated to the extent that you guys are now leaving like refugees in a supposed peaceful country. Hunger & strife has become your lot yet you are still gullible, believing that things will get better. Listen to songs by Fela, Sony Okosun and others about your useless country since the 1970s, 80s and 90s then come back and tell me you are not the most gulible and unreasonable set of people in the whole wide world!
is it your ambode?
stop lamenting like a frustrated fellow *wedont care* Ambode is working, even nnamdi kanu Dahz in prison knows
Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by Omeife2: 11:15am On Feb 16, 2017
Biafrarep:
Talk is cheap, Tinubu, Odili, Amaechi, Akpabio etc all said the same thing years back yet they left the power situation worse than they met it. until I see the power in our homes, all these are nothing but RUBBISH. Next Pls!

Odili supposedly invested a lot of money in the power sector in Rivers State,the amounts invested are mind-bugging, and in no way commensurate with the structures that were on ground. Amaechi came and was able to generate some power. He however later cried out that the state was being forced to transmit what was generated, back to the National grid. So the cycle continued. For Ambode to be successful with this, there should be a change in legislation that allows state generate and utilize all the power generated the way they want..
Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by Blue3k(m): 11:16am On Feb 16, 2017
udees:

Your map does not include--1050Mw Alorji,720mw Odukpani,320Mw Egbema and Gbaran 340Mw--all fully operational but not yet connected to the Grid.

Nigerians government didn't include them. I didn't create map try an find updated map yourself.
Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by ba7man(m): 11:23am On Feb 16, 2017
Biafrarep:
So has the "dumb law" been repelled? What is your Ambode going to do differently now from what his predecessors did? Keep being gulible and unreasonably optimistic. Your fathers died in suffering with their optimism and you are now also towing the same path, no lessen learned, just repeating the same process while hoping for different result. With your attitude and reasoning, your circle of strife and hobbesian lifestyle will continue even in the next hundred years!
Seems things aren't going on fine with you.

Pele, it will get better....just don't wallow in your pessimism, it leads to bad health.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by Laple0541(m): 11:25am On Feb 16, 2017
I proud to be associated with the CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE.... Eko oni baje.
Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by anonimi: 11:29am On Feb 16, 2017
Bagehot:
Boda Ode clearly knowing these roads are under the local government's purview, still went ahead to post them here. Asinwin.

Who controls the local governments 101%, if not the governor

Meanwhile, you should be careful not to contravene rules:

2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members OR THEIR TRIBES.
3. Don't threaten, support or DEFEND violent acts against any person, tribe, race, animals, or group (e.g. rape).

Seun, Mynd44, lalasticlala may take action against you before you spoil the clean reputation of this forum.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by Ajibel(m): 11:31am On Feb 16, 2017
EmperorTech:

FACT! Both in personal achievements before becoming govs of their various states and how good they have done, Ambode is nowhere near Godwin Nogheghase Obaseki.

Imagine this kind of stupid talk I am seeing this early morning. If you mention this trash in the presence of Obaseki, he'll slap the devil out of you.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by anonimi: 11:33am On Feb 16, 2017
Omeife2:
Odili supposedly invested a lot of money in the power sector in Rivers State,the amounts invested are mind-bugging, and in no way commensurate with the structures that were on ground. Amaechi came and was able to generate some power. He however later cried out that the state was being forced to transmit what was generated, back to the National grid. So the cycle continued. For Ambode to be successful with this, there should be a change in legislation that allows state generate and utilize all the power generated the way they want..

Fashola is the minister for power etc.
Lagos state has three senators and 10 representatives in the NASS.
Do you have the links to what they are doing in respect of the highlighted
Abi they are all there just to collect mega millions monthly from us without doing anything?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3084794_DumbPeople_jpg287f2b4d3ead2f536f99f92cbca9c590

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3937452_fbimg1455225198661_jpeg11aac1d4a66dda821df3f6422c5fd4c4

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by anonimi: 11:37am On Feb 16, 2017
Laple0541:
I proud to be associated with the CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE.... Eko oni baje.

The following school structures do not exactly fit the centre of excellence label, or do they
Meanwhile it seems you were in a hurry and omitted AM in the the highlighted phrase. grin

MathsChic:
Some days ago, I was at a secondary school in Surulere (across the bridge from the Island) in Lagos for a friend's event where he is educating secondary students about the perils of peer pressure. I honestly wasn't expecting what I saw as the state of this secondary school.
It left me wondering if this was a school or a dump yard. Why in heaven's name are Nigerian leaders looking the other way while the young ones study in this sorry environment?

The attached pictures are what I saw. This is no secondary school. It's a hopeless shanty. I hope this gets to front page and attracts the necessary attention.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3124804_20151126164323_jpeg933998a57f8c28234ccaa665d2fefc46

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3124836_20151126163829_jpeg3798e0f98a572b323f9b9ab93cf4eb74

HungerBAD:
At a time when knowledge acquisition in other climes is getting increasingly sophisticated, the same cannot be said to be the case in most parts of the country.

While the much-touted leaders of tomorrow in some states attend classes in ad-hoc environments including under trees, unsafe environment and sundry locations, Lagos State, many say should never be found in the company of such needy states.

But that is not the case. As a matter of fact, students in some schools in the state are taught while sitting on bare floors, while classrooms in some schools across the state are without roof, sundry fittings and devoid of requisite learning aides

Oshodi Nursery and Primary School, Oshodi, which has been in deplorable condition for a very long time is a classic example of this sad story.Located only a few kilometres away from Bolade Bus Stop, along Oshodi/Agege Motor Road, the school, which has up to four buildings within the premises, sees pupils scampering for safety anytime it rains, even as the learning process also has to be halted at such times.
This explains why parents and concerned residents of the area are urging the state government to come to their aid, by rehabilitating the school, and providing an enabling environment for the pupils to learn, in consonant with their rights to attend school in conducive environments.

The pathetic condition of the school first attracted the attention of The Guardian Newspaper, which carried a report to that effect in The Guardian on Sunday edition of February 7th, 2016. Ever since that publication, nothing has been done to improve the fortunes of the school.

This gross neglect suffered by the school, has provided a leeway for miscreants in the area to sneak in for regular Indian Hemp smoking sessions. They sometimes defecate in the open classrooms, thereby compounding an already bad situation.

When The Guardian visited the school last week, over 20 classrooms are without roof, just as empty plastic bottles and empty sachets of water jostled for space.

Some of the residents who spoke to The Guardian said they have on several occasions written letters informing the state government about deplorable state of the school, and the need to rehabilitate it, but without any positive response.

They said because of the ugly condition of the school, most of them had to relocate their children to other schools, adding that only indigent students still attend the school.

One of the residents Mr. Edwin Mathew, said parents of the pupils have raised the issue of renovation on several occasions with the school management during Parents Teacher Association (PTA) meeting, but nobody is saying anything about it.

Mathew said: “This school has been in this form for a very long time and nobody is saying anything about it. We have written letters to government but there have been no responses. We feel government has forgotten this school, and some parents have taken their children to private schools. Only a few parents still bring their children to this school because the school has been abandoned.

“I want to use this opportunity to beg the state government to come to our aid because our children are our investment so, we would not like to play with their future.”

A parent, Mrs. Kafayat Dada, said she personally wrote several letters, but when nobody responded, she visited the Ministry of Education in Alausa to inform them of condition of the school, but nothing has been done till date.

Dada said: “I have been to places to find out why the school has been abandoned, along with other parents because we suspected that government must have awarded contract for the rehabilitation of the school buildings. We found out that the contract has not been awarded, but I want to use this opportunity to ask Governor Akinwunmi Ambode, to come and rehabilitate the school for our children. We are not happy with the terrible condition of the school because it is an eyesore. Our children have right to school in a conducive environment like other children in the state.”

Secretary, Lagos State Universal Basic Education Board Oshodi/Isolo Local Council, Lekan Alausa Adekoya, explained that it was rainstorm that removed the roofs of the buildings in September 2014, and ever since the school management has written several letters to the state government, through the State Primary Education Board (SPEB), to rehabilitate the school, but nothing has been done.

He called on the state government to take the school building as a priority project, and rehabilitate it. He said: “As you can see, it is an eyesore and we do not like the situation. I feel one day it would be the turn of the school to be renovated because I believe government has not forgotten the school.

“One non-governmental organisation promised that it would rehabilitate the school for us in 2016, but because of the economic recession, the group apologised it would no longer happen. It is a project that would take millions of naira, so, there is nothing we can do on our own other than to write letters to government, which we did on several occasions. I know very soon by God’s grace something would be done because it is a public school and the children have right to stay and learn in a conducive environment.
“We try our best to see that the situation of the school does not affect the learning process. We thank God that we are in dry season because whenever it rains, the learning process is affected because of the open roof.

“Government should intervene in this matter. I know that government has other projects to handle, but it should make this school a priority project.”

Responding to the use of the school by miscreants and hoodlums for binging, he said, “We have arrested some of them before with the help of the police. We discovered that it was some children of some landlords in the area, including some tenants and traders in Oshodi market that litter the school environment.”

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4860558_owoseni_jpeg06e2ea1f21ecfae7256699d95aacebb5

http://guardian.ng/sunday-magazine/cityfile/school-without-roof-in-oshodi-begs-for-attention/

1 Like

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by AminuRano87(m): 11:38am On Feb 16, 2017
Nukualofa:
The only way we can attain constant power supply is if ech state build and develop their own power grid and use it for themselves.

The north will not want it because of their parasitic nature

Modified: To those that say the north has more power sources should know that the north only boast of Kainji and Shiroro. We still want them to use those two to better their lots but they won't agree
why do you hate the North that much?
Sokoto state commissioned the first power station in Nigeria. check news

1 Like

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by Laple0541(m): 11:38am On Feb 16, 2017
Biafrarep:
Hey, you n.gbati n.gbati optimist and gulible people of the waste syde. What has your optimism and gulibility achieved for you? The last time I checked, your rotten ZOO of a country has so deteriorated to the extent that you guys are now leaving like refugees in a supposed peaceful country. Hunger & strife has become your lot yet you are still gullible, believing that things will get better. Listen to songs by Fela, Sony Okosun and others about your useless country since the 1970s, 80s and 90s then come back and tell me you are not the most gulible and unreasonable set of people in the whole wide world!

OMO IRANKIRAN, NO ONE ASKED YOU TO BELIEVE IN LAGOS OR YORUBA AGENDA, WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS OVER CONCERNED ABOUT LAGOS OR YORUBA'S ISSUES? IF YOU ARE AGGRIEVED ABOUT THE CURRENT STATE OF YOUR REGION, HOLD YOUR LEADERS ACCOUNTABLE AND STOP SPEWING THRASH HERE.. PESSIMIST, PACK WELL B4 I CRUSH YOUR BITTUS WITH MY BRT.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by Godson32(m): 11:39am On Feb 16, 2017
leksmedia:
If Lagos can achieve this feat, Lagos can conveniently feed states like Ogun and Oyo possibly all the Western States. All we need is just 5 major States to have a power station - Lagos - Port Harcourt - Kano - can serve the 3 major regions in Nigeria

for your website design visit www.leksmediaconcept.com or call 08173091370
What of Enugu
Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by patonyx1: 11:51am On Feb 16, 2017
When or If this works as planned, it will be a fantastic idea..
The greatest challenge or reason for poverty in Nigeria is "Lack of electricity".
Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by Laple0541(m): 11:54am On Feb 16, 2017
anonimi:

The following school structures do not exactly fit the centre of excellence label, or do they
Meanwhile it seems you were in a hurry and omitted AM in the the highlighted phrase. grin

Tell me the country in the whole wide world without a slump, those foolish pictures you posted above why didn't you show us the year they were taken and moreover why are your eyes being programmed to see only bad things, don't you move around to see beautiful works being put in place by this government. We know your type, omo atokowabaje. Acknowledgement and appreciation never existed in your dictionary.

If I ommited "am" how is that your headache?

1 Like

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by anonimi: 12:00pm On Feb 16, 2017
Laple0541:
Tell me the country in the whole wide world without a slump, those foolish pictures you posted above why didn't you show us the year they were taken and moreover why are your eyes being programmed to see only bad things, don't you move around to see beautiful works being put in place by this government. We know your type, omo atokowabaje. Acknowledgement and appreciation never existed in your dictionary.

If I ommited "am" how is that your headache?

The first one in Surulere, where Fashola grew up and went to school was Nov 27, 2015.
The second one from Oshodi where JagaBandit grew up was taken this week- February 13.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2711934_picmix67201592552_jpeg_jpegb6a91f298c41d26387ed159da25bdfdf

1 Like

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by anonimi: 12:03pm On Feb 16, 2017
AminuRano87:
why do you hate the North that much?
Sokoto state commissioned the first power station in Nigeria. check news

Do you mean this UNPROFITABLE diesel guzzling over-sized generators

Blue3k:
The Sokoto State power plant will generate electricity at N178 per kilowatt, more than three times its current price in the region, Daily Trust investigations have shown.

The 38-megawatt Independent Power Plant (IPP) was built by the state at the cost of N3.8 billion and will consume 33, 000 diesel daily.

Data from the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission shows that the highest approved price for residential customers under the Kaduna Distribution Company (Kedco), where Sokoto belongs, is N45 per kilowatt.

The plant “consumes 33,000 litres” of diesel daily, the director-general of the project, Mr Umar Bande, said during a test run of the plant last week.

Daily Trust findings show that the state will be spending an average of N6.8 million daily on diesel at a market value of N206 per litre. By this, the plant will consume N204 million worth of diesel every month.

The annual cost of diesel to be consumed by the plant is N2.47 billion per annum, more than two-third of its worth on fuel every year.

By the estimated 33,000 diesel per day, the plant will gulp 868 litres of diesel to generate one megawatt (1000 kilowatt), amounting to N178,808 for every megawatt, using a market value of N206 per litre of diesel. A kilowatt generated by the Sokoto plant will therefore cost N178.8.

Kaduna Electric, whose network will convey the power to customers, presently sells electricity at N45.76 per kilowatt hour, according to the 2015 Multi-Year Tariff Order (MYTO) approved by NERC.

The Sokoto plant, which contract was awarded in November 2008, has a multiple type turbine that can use diesel, gas or LPFO, Bande said. Officials also said the plant would begin operation after the transmission infrastructure and other minor aspects are completed.

Daily Trust learnt that Kaduna Disco gets an average of eight percent of power daily from the national grid through the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN), which it allocates to Kaduna (66 percent), Kebbi (17 percent), Zamfara (nine percent) and Sokoto (eight percent).

The MYTO 2015 shows that residential customers (R2-SP) presently pay N26.37 for every kilowatt hour; the R2-TP pay N28.05; residential customers 3 (R3) pay N42.74, and R4 customers pay N45.76.

Commercial customers under class 1 (C1) pay N33.17; C2 pay N38.88; and C3 pay N44.22. For the industrial customers, D1 customers pay N36.95; D2 pay N39.13, and D3 pay N44.22.

Customers under category A1 (agriculture and public agencies) are paying N33.17, A2 pay N38.56, and A3 pay N39.13. Other customers who use streetlights are put under ST1and they pay N30.30/kilo watt hour.

‘Liquefied Petroleum Gas is better’

A power sector and energy expert, Mr. Dan Kunle, said for Nigeria which recently agreed to support clean energy initiative and climate change, Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) could have been the fuel source for the plant as it could be brought in from nearby Niger Republic or from the Niger Delta rather than trucking diesel at a high price.

He however said the state government could only sustain the operation for three to five years by subsidising the fuel cost if having sustained power supply is its key focus at the moment.

“There is nothing government cannot subsidise if it is determined to do that in the most scientific approach. If that is the energy need of Sokoto State Government, they can put that into use and have uninterrupted power per day for the next few years.

“If the impact it will create for industrialization will flow back, then that is good and sustainable. Americans subsidize power up to N200m daily but they do it on scientific basis. It must be subsidized if that is what the government wants,” he said.

Why project is delayed

Daily Trust reports that the project, initially expected to be completed within six months in the first quarter of 2009, was stalled for eight years over what state officials described as “unforeseen circumstances.”

The deadline was first shifted to September 2009, later to December 2010 and to July 2011. It was then extended to September 2013 and later August 2014 and the dates keep changing. Daily Trust findings revealed that the source of fuel for powering the plant is the major reason behind its continuous delay.

“The project was conceived without a proper feasibility study. That is why the issue of fuelling the plant was not properly addressed,” a source said.

Another source said: “They weighed the use of diesel to power the plant’s generators which will consume dozens of trucks of diesel per day. The cost, logistics, safety and even availability of diesel dissuaded the officials from that option.”

But the Chief Operating Officer of the contracting firm, Vulcan Elvaton Ltd, Mr Franklin Ngbor said last week that the turbine of the project had already been tested three times.

He said the synchronisation of the plant with the fuel tank and the main evacuation line, down to the transmission line is the only thing remaining.

“The plant when fully completed, finally fired and integrated into the national grid, can work for five consecutive years, non-stop,” he said.

‘It will boost Sokoto’s economy’

During the last test run, the Secretary to the State Government, Bashir Garba, said an agreement will soon be signed between the state government and the TCN on the evacuation of the power to the national grid.

He said the project was necessitated by the epileptic power supply to the state from the national grid, adding that the state will enjoy nearly 24-hour power supply when the plant becomes fully operational.

“This will also eventually boost the socioeconomic landscape in the state, curb poverty, restiveness and unemployment, among other myriad of direct and indirect benefits,” he said.

Source:
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/sokoto-plant-to-generate-power-at-n178-kilowatt/174821.html

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2900978_nigeria_jpeg4ee84b7726a847792475badcbc938fb7

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by Laple0541(m): 12:08pm On Feb 16, 2017
anonimi:

The first one in Surulere, where Fashola grew up and went to school was Nov 27, 2015.
The second one from Oshodi where JagaBandit grew up was taken this week- February 13.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2711934_picmix67201592552_jpeg_jpegb6a91f298c41d26387ed159da25bdfdf

You are a FOOL and obviously jobless, everyone are not gullible like you, so you move around to take pics of schools in Surulere and Oshodi and those are what you could come up with abi? You forgot to show that of Epe where Ambode hailed from now! why I they follow this kin Smello to they argue sef? Koshilo joo.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by anonimi: 12:15pm On Feb 16, 2017
Laple0541:
You are a FOOL and obviously jobless, everyone are not gullible like you, so you move around to take pics of schools in Surulere and Oshodi and those are what you could come up with abi? You forgot to show that of Epe where Ambode hailed from now! why I they follow this kin Smello to they argue sef? Koshilo joo.

I thought that Ambode is from Ondo state
Anyway since you asked for another rotten structure from Epe, let me find something for you grin grin grin

anonimi:
What is the performance record of Thief'nuibu cabal on health care for Lagos state in the past 16 years?

Beyond the paparazzi of photo-ops we know that the General Hospital in Epe, the original home constituency of Speaker Ikuforiji is in tatters and such a deplorable condition:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1441819_H3_jpg195e7c5b979e3c0c1d452e90d51ebca2

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1441826_H5_jpg64378f861b2175c385b08ef0b2ac84a7

More pictures and story: https://www.nairaland.com/1536965/deplorable-conditions-epe-general-hospital

Beyond the physically deteriorating situation with many of the health facilities, the working conditions for the doctors, nurses, pharmacists, lab technicians etc is nothing to write home about hence regular strikes. However our excellent governor's reaction is to sack them and ferry his sick father abroad for treatment:

Since Fashola spuriously claims he sacked the doctors to protect public interest, we should ask: If the governor is to protect the people, why did he send his own father abroad for treatment? Why are the necessary medical equipment not available in Lagos hospitals since we have medical experts that can treat his father here?
"Why has he resorted to the use of incompetent 'referral doctors' who are being enticed with a wage twice what they ought to have been paid if they are in regular employment? CONMESS fully, according to the Lagos NMA, would cause just additional N33.5 million monthly, compared to its looting spree to line private hands and profiteers," the statement reads in part.

From: http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/69955-doctors-strike-grounds-medical-services-lagos-5.html#post626236

Not forgetting that the JagbaJantis head of the cabal himself na to dey go obodo oyinbo each time body dey pain am small:

Why should we entrust ourselves to these LOOTocrats who have failed woefully to deliver on their promise to Lagosians these past 16 years?

- How many doctors, nurses, pharmacists, lab technicians, hospital administrators are recruited annually for a state whose IGR has increased over 53 times since 1999?
- How many hospital beds and clinic consulting rooms plus equipment have been added despite annual budgets increased over 10 times since 2000?

We deserve much better than this bunch of Smooth Criminals have provided for 16 years of mismanagement and maladministration!

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by KingOfAmebo(m): 12:50pm On Feb 16, 2017
Biafrarep:
I must have hit a nerve, lol, just look at how they are all quoting me just to vent their frustration. Like they say, truth is bitter. I pity you all and your hopeless situation. It is shear madness to be doing the same thing while expecting different result. Gulible and unreasonable re.tards, their fathers died in suffering, the same is happening to them!

I love this part: You hate the "ZOO" but find it difficult to leave the "ZOO" shame on you.

Shame on all Biafra agitators...you are all ungrateful bastards. If you must leave Nigeria, go barefoot and take nothing with you cuz all you had was achieved right here in the "ZOO"... without the "ZOO" there won't be you.

Biafrans keep disturbing our ears that they want to leave Nigeria...can't they just park their bags and fly out of Nigeria quietly?...must they disturb us? Nobody will stop them...our food no kuku reach before.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by Nobody: 1:11pm On Feb 16, 2017
anonimi:

Who controls the local governments 101%, if not the governor

Meanwhile, you should be careful not to contravene rules:

Seun, Mynd44, lalasticlala may take action against you before you spoil the clean reputation of this forum.

Yimu. To what extent are they controlled by the Governor? Does he also spell out how they should spend their funds? Criticism shouldn't be a hobby, it should be of the progressive sort.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yoruba Youths Support Operation Crocodile Smile / Amina Mohammed In $300 Million Timber Scandal (Video) / Bukola Saraki Visits Governor Dickson Over The Death Of His Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.