Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,923 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos (19853 Views)

Ambode Seeks FG's Permission For 3000MW Project To Power Lagos / Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos / Governor Ambode Targets 3000MW 24hr Power Generation For Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by Kyase(m): 8:36pm On Feb 15, 2017
mapet:

Unfortunately, many are so idiotically focused on the north, to the extent that while they are reviling in hatred, the North is moving on. I mean, the North is silently getting built in infrastructure, Agric and commerce, not to talk of power plants, Idiots down south are busy hating.......

We talk of food sustainability - Dangote has just entered the Rice Market fray to cream of the $2b we waste on import. Before any of us woke up, notherners including the Saudana had bought into the project. In two years time the North will be a net exporter of Rice and imagine if $1b accrue to the North in a year.

Yet some of our brothers down South are either destroying their environment, blowing pipelines and degrading their flora and fauna all in the name of being cheated. Our other brothers picked up the hopeless Biafra crusade, unfortunately the proponents are just interested in lining their pockets
I just pity dem
Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by omowolewa: 8:39pm On Feb 15, 2017
2022, campaign done begin.
Anyway, trust Amobode on his words.
Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by jarkbauer: 8:52pm On Feb 15, 2017
it will cost at least 6billion dollars
Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by Biafrarep(m): 9:13pm On Feb 15, 2017
mapet:

Some of you fart through your brains!!!!

1. Are these mentioned ex-governors the ministry of power......that they left power worse than the met it?
2. Fact Check: Tinubu's govt built the first IPP in this country, but I guess you will not know, either you're living in denial or you were in nursery school.
Read what you posted again, then maybe you will realize how contradictory and unreasonable you sounded. #childrenquotingtheirelderswithoutsense.
Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by basilo102: 10:59pm On Feb 15, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Why are you Biafura people always so bitter, negative, and pessimistic toward life? That's not healthy, yo. undecided
Lol, Its not about biafura, other states built theirs but were forced to trasmit to national grid for sharing. remember geometric Aba nd the one built by RIvers state?? No region can achieve its full potential in the current structure of nigeria, stop deluding yourself with the Lagos bullshyte

1 Like

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by AshiwajuFoward: 11:07pm On Feb 15, 2017
basilo102:

Lol, Its not about biafura, other states built theirs but were forced to trasmit to national grid for sharing. remember geometric Aba nd the one built by RIvers state?? No region can achieve its full potential in the current structure of nigeria, stop deluding yourself with the Lagos bullshyte

Abeg comot my mention. Pessimism and negativity follows you Biafurans everywhere. If Ambode had your kind of defeatist mentality he wouldn't be blazing the trail and articulating his vision and how he intends to achieve it with his signature can-do attitude. Get thee behind me ye enemy of progress.

7 Likes

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by basilo102: 11:32pm On Feb 15, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

So "kainji dam" that benefits most of the country including you and most of your bitter undone jewish brothers in your biafrog zone is located in "onitsha" abi?

The foolishness some of you people are blessed with must be the post modern version! grin
kainji was built with federal money, Geometric power Aba was built by individual but frustrated. We dont need your useless kainji, just empower people to build and transmitt for themselves

1 Like

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by basilo102: 11:35pm On Feb 15, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Eff off my mention. Pessimism and negativity follows you Biafurans everywhere. If Ambode had your kind of defeatist mentality he wouldn't be blazing the trail and articulating his vision and how he intends to achieve it with his signature can-do attitude. Get thee behind me ye enemy of progress.
Lol, kids everywhere. Nestoil power plant in Okija Anambra state has been pending because of this same issue that trapped Geometric Aba. You can go and ask Rivers state government how market

1 Like

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by AshiwajuFoward: 11:40pm On Feb 15, 2017
basilo102:

Lol, kids everywhere. Nestoil power plant in Okija Anambra state has been pending because of this same issue that trapped Geometric Aba. You can go and ask Rivers state government how market

Don't worry. In a few years time y'all can come learn from Ambo -- an uncommon man with a vision, who sees possibilities through innovation, where your likes and others like you only see impossibilities. In the meantime please stay off my mention. Thanks in advance.

6 Likes

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by basilo102: 11:43pm On Feb 15, 2017
mapet:

Unfortunately, many are so idiotically focused on the north, to the extent that while they are reviling in hatred, the North is moving on. I mean, the North is silently getting built in infrastructure, Agric and commerce, not to talk of power plants, Idiots down south are busy hating.......

We talk of food sustainability - Dangote has just entered the Rice Market fray to cream of the $2b we waste on import. Before any of us woke up, notherners including the Saudana had bought into the project. In two years time the North will be a net exporter of Rice and imagine if $1b accrue to the North in a year.

Yet some of our brothers down South are either destroying their environment, blowing pipelines and degrading their flora and fauna all in the name of being cheated. Our other brothers picked up the hopeless Biafra crusade, unfortunately the proponents are just interested in lining their pockets
Lol, keep quiet, ignorant abooki. Coscharis entered rice long ago. power plants in the south far outnumber that of the north. I live in the north and marvel at their ignorance saying the hydro stations is powering the whole country, what bulshyte. hydrostations where the first to be built but with discovery of gas the south have since overtaken the north in power generation in Rivers, Abia, Delta, Lago, etc

1 Like

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by basilo102: 11:47pm On Feb 15, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Don't worry. In a few years time y'all can come learn from Ambo -- an uncommon man with a vision, who sees possibilities through innovation, where your likes and others like you only see impossibilities. In the meantime please stay off my mention. Thanks in advance.
Thank me for educating you, support the balkanization of the national grid and transmission of power to targeted markets. This was the agreement Geometric secured to trasmit in Aba and finished long before Ambo dreamt of being a governor but the agreement was reversed and that is why Nestoil has not finished his own in Anambra too.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by AshiwajuFoward: 11:52pm On Feb 15, 2017
basilo102:

Thank me for educating you, support the balkanization of the national grid and transmission of power to targeted markets. This was the agreement Geometric secured to trasmit in Aba and finished long before Ambo dreamt of being a governor but the agreement was reversed and that is whey Nestoil has not finished his own in Anambra too.

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by Blue3k(m): 11:58pm On Feb 15, 2017
I doubt they'll meet 2022 timeline. The light rail had similar timeline and it's yet to be completed after all the money invested. If they do I'll be happy to eat my words.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by AshiwajuFoward: 12:13am On Feb 16, 2017
Blue3k:
I doubt they'll meet 2022 timeline. The light rail had similar timeline and it's yet to be completed after all the money invested. If they do I'll be happy to eat my words.

Guy, you're starting to sound like a broken record with this your lightrail timeline talk. So long as they actually do a good job of it that's all that should matter in the end. Besides there are enough precedents for this sort of shifts in timeline with similar projects the world over.

It's a PPP project so it's not unusual for timelines to change considering unforeseen circumstances and developments. E.g, Boston's "Big Dig" project started in 1982, with completion due in 1998, and was not completed until almost a decade later in 2006 - 25 years later! That's in the good old U.S of A.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by Blue3k(m): 12:24am On Feb 16, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Guy, you're starting to sound like a broken record with this your lightrail timeline talk. So long as they actually do a good job of it that's all that should matter in the end. Besides there are enough precedents for this sort of shift in timelines with similar projects. It's a PPP project and it's not unusual for timelines to change considering unforeseen circumstances and developments. E.g, Boston's "Big Dig" project started in 1982, with completion due in 1998, and was not completed until almost a decade later in 2006 - 25 years later! That's in the good old U.S of A.

USA has loads of regulations and already has decent infastrure besides my point still stands. You example helped my point thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by mapet: 7:43am On Feb 16, 2017
basilo102:

Lol, keep quiet, ignorant abooki. Coscharis entered rice long ago. power plants in the south far outnumber that of the north. I live in the north and marvel at their ignorance saying the hydro stations is powering the whole country, what bulshyte. hydrostations where the first to be built but with discovery of gas the south have since overtaken the north in power generation in Rivers, Abia, Delta, Lago, etc

Bros,

1. First off, I am a Pragmatic Yoruba guy.
2. It is about having the understanding that each region should strive to build a virile, viable and sustainable base, instead for looking at the center or the floor in others
3. I know about Coscharis rice, but to what volume? Is that enough to make the East have a strong footing in the rice market? If for example Nigeria consume about 6 tonnes of rice annually and the North is gunning for a market share of 5 tonnes, don't you see that they have their game plan well laid out? The east have flat land and lots of rich guys, I expect Ohaneze for example, as part of their economic agenda to strive to take like 2-3tonnes. This puts them in $1b bracket or more.
4. What baffles me with statements like yours is that you see the supposed ignorance in another, yet conveniently overlook glaring limitation in yours

6 Likes

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by mapet: 7:52am On Feb 16, 2017
basilo102:

But why do people choose to be patently ignorant? You call people kids, yet your knowledge is as that of an infant

1. Geometric Aba is no more trapped, thanks to Fashola and Osinbajo's team that got all parties to settle out of court
2. Geometric Aba became trapped becos GEJ's government could not obey simple terms of contract. How could you sign a contract with Geometric and less than 2yrs later could not excise Geometric's coverage area from the Disco's coverage. Worse still did not care when Geometric raised the issue, till they went to court and secured an injunction to stop work in that area

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by mapet: 7:55am On Feb 16, 2017
basilo102:

Wrong picture of the information
1. No State was "forced" to push to the national grid back then, the law actually required them to do so. These businessmen knew the law at the time
2. Today, the law makes it possible to have off-grid distribution.

4 Likes

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by mapet: 7:56am On Feb 16, 2017
Biafrarep:
Read what you posted again, then maybe you will realize how contradictory and unreasonable you sounded. #childrenquotingtheirelderswithoutsense.

If you are an elder, then you are a disgrace of an elder. You are a classic example to children what one should not grow up to be

5 Likes

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by Olu317(m): 8:14am On Feb 16, 2017
mapet:

Some of you fart through your brains!!!!

1. Are these mentioned ex-governors the ministry of power......that they left power worse than the met it?
2. Fact Check: Tinubu's govt built the first IPP in this country, but I guess you will not know, either you're living in denial or you were in nursery school.
Do you mind them? When Tinubu was toiling all around to increase the power generation in Lagos State when he brought ENRON to boost the supply of electricity. These wicked and ungrateful people were part of the saboteurs as well as their lieutenants up North because of generators sales and the likes. Whether they like it or not Lagos will BULLDOZE through their heads to success. Odua nation moving forward. Gov. Ambode, CONTINUER LE BON TRAVAIL.

6 Likes

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by Nobody: 9:04am On Feb 16, 2017
grin
Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by okechuks22: 9:04am On Feb 16, 2017
Baawaa:
Ambode is working
they are all toothless bull dogs
Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by castrokins(m): 9:05am On Feb 16, 2017
That Niccur Ambode Is Making Strides.

Goodluck To Him

Udom Is There Deceiving Everyone Including Himself.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by inourcare: 9:06am On Feb 16, 2017
"Common Light Up"
Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by twinskenny(m): 9:09am On Feb 16, 2017
leksmedia:
If Lagos can achieve this feat, Lagos can conveniently feed state like Ogun and Oyo possibly all the Western States. All we need is just 5 major States to have a power station - Lagos - Port Harcourt - Kano - can serve the 3 major regions in Nigeria

you are right my brother... fashola wanted to do same but FG ddnt allow him
Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by YESpParticipant: 9:09am On Feb 16, 2017
Also Read about the sad experiences of Boi/yes-p participants across Nigeria over the past 11 months.

https://www.nairaland.com/3631977/bois-entrepreneurship-scheme-applicants-lament#53757548

1 Like

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by klax(m): 9:10am On Feb 16, 2017
Nukualofa:
The only way we can attain constant power supply is if ech state build and develop their own power grid and use it for themselves.

The north will not want it because of their parasitic nature

They north will not want it I'm sure they are not only parasitic they are a failure. They are failure in everything only succeed in blood shedding in the name of religion that is all they know best to do.

To develop their land no way, go school no way except Islamic school and ends up as boko haram, spirt no way, music no way, looting yes, oil block stealing and illegal oil block license yes, power greed yes, religious madness yes, polar head herdsmen vampire yes later they will cry marginalisation pls Ambode carry on doing your people well God bless you God bless all SouthErnest Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by Nobody: 9:10am On Feb 16, 2017
Biafrarep:
Talk is cheap, Tinubu, Odili, Amaechi, Akpabio etc all said the same thing years back yet they left the power situation worse than they met. until I see the power in our homes, all these are nothing but RUBBISH. Next Pls!

LOL. Another Biafran talking nonsense. The reason Lagos has not been able to do this is due to NERC regulations that stipulate that once you generate above a certain MW, it MUST be transmitted on the national grid and transmitted to other parts of the country. State government facilities on the entire surroundings of Marina and broad street have been powered by IPP for years; same with the secretariat, and the Staff q

4 Likes

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by EmperorTech: 9:11am On Feb 16, 2017
jarkbauer:
it will cost at least 6billion dollars

3 Billion Dollars rather.
Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by holatimmy(f): 9:12am On Feb 16, 2017
See them always targeting......some places never get light for 7 yrs and they are still targeting

Happy target
Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by anonimi: 9:13am On Feb 16, 2017
Baawaa:
Ambode is working

Very much so.
In fact the Lagos light rail that they have worked on since 2008 is now moving millions of Lagosians daily. embarassed angry shocked
Something Jankande started in 1983 before the sick old man in Aso Rock cancelled it for ethnic bigotry and jealousy.

Splashme:
The first civilian governor of Lagos State, Alhaji Lateef Jakande, on Tuesday, said that the cancellation of the Lagos metroline project in 1985 was a major mistake and disservice to many Nigerians.

Jakande spoke in Lagos during the launch of a book which chronicled his life in politics and journalism.

The book, entitled, ‘Jakande: Leadership in Action’ is written by Dr. Bola Olaosebikan, who told the audience at the event that the All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), was not responsible for the cancellation of the project.

Jakande said, “Reflecting on the metroline project, I think it is a major disservice to many Nigerians. Imagine how many people would have benefitted. It would have made life easier and changed the face of transport in Lagos. Whoever cancelled it or gave the advice towards its cancellation didn’t do right.”

The former governor asked Nigerians not to vote for unserious leaders in the coming polls, saying the elections presented Nigerians with a good opportunity that should not be squandered.

Expressing the hope that Nigeria would soon overcome its developmental challenges, Jakande said hope would be actualised faster if credible people emerged as leaders in the next dispensation.

He said, “This book comes at a very auspicious time in Nigeria’s history as we need leaders who can act. We need leaders who would not compromise the standards of good governance. God has blessed this nation the most in Africa, although we have not reached where we should be; with the right leaders, Nigeria would overcome its challenges.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/cancelling-metroline-a-major-mistake-jakande/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2087214_buharimetro_jpeg0139273fe26a1325be266ba40c34a836

Firefire:
Fellow Nairalanders, in response to Fashola comments below on not receiving enough support from the federal government to complete the Lagos light rail project.

"Fashola said all over the world, when cities and states build municipal rails like what Lagos is doing, their central governments support them morally and financially"

https://www.nairaland.com/2120455/cant-complete-lagos-light-rail

Few months ago same Fashola said this:

Lagos: How We Spent N160bn World Bank Loan on Light Rail Project

The Lagos State Government yesterday justified the N160 billion it borrowed from the World Bank, noting that the fund was channelled to finance its light rail (blue line) project.

However, the state government expressed disappointment at the progress of the project, which it said, was not executed as smoothly as possible, but was optimistic of its completion.

The state Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, said this shortly after inspecting the light rail terminus at the Orile-Iganmu part of the state alongside some members of the state executive council.

Speaking with journalists, Fashola said the project would have been completed in another 12 months despite that the project execution was not as smooth and speedy as he wanted it.

The governor raised questions on the intention of the federal government for publishing the state debt profile in the recent time, wondering what could have informed the decision to make it public.

He said: “I think it was the Debt Management Office of the federal government that published the report that we have a debt of about N160billion. I do not know the intent of the publication.

“But if it was to inform the public, I think we have always kept the public informed anytime we borrow money. If there are other intentions behind that, only those who make the publication would know what the intentions are.

“But you see, when people talk about debt of a state like Lagos, they forget that after Nigeria, South Africa, Egypt and one other country, we have the fifth largest economy in Africa.

“When you are talking of about a billion naira debt to a population of over 21 million people; because if you are measuring the debt, you also have to measure the responsibility. Those are the things people keep in isolation.”

He, therefore, explained that the state government already “has in place, strategies to repay the loan. The federal government was in the know of the state’s decision to take the bond and it approved it.”

He added that the truth “is that what they do not also say is that no state in Nigeria can borrow money outside, from any multilateral agencies without the approval of the federal government.

“What they did not say is that they approved it. No state can raise money by bond the way we have done without the federal government’s approval. Both SEC and NSE are all federal regulatory agencies through which we must pass. If they said okay, it means there must be something good about the debt.

“Our rating as a state is the same as that of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, BB minus-stable with a positive outlook. We are the only state in Nigeria that has that rating. The first bond that was taken during my first tenure has been paid; the first tranche has been paid.

“I think the second tranche will be settled around 2016 or 2017. We are already making provisions. The provisions that will be there will be in excess of what is needed,” the governor said

Fashola expressed satisfaction on the progress of the light rail project, though decried the petty delay that was encountered as a result funding, saying the project would have should have been completed in another 12 months.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/lagos-how-we-spent-n160bn-world-bank-loan-on-light-rail-project/188736/

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by anonimi: 9:15am On Feb 16, 2017

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari: I'm Not Ready To Meet nPDP Members / Jonathan’s 2015 Campaign Posters Flood Abuja / Massob Members Killed In Onitsha (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.