Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,028 members, 7,814,510 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos (19847 Views)

Ambode Seeks FG's Permission For 3000MW Project To Power Lagos / Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos / Governor Ambode Targets 3000MW 24hr Power Generation For Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by anonimi: 1:36pm On Feb 16, 2017
Bagehot:
Yimu. To what extent are they controlled by the Governor? Does he also spell out how they should spend their funds? Criticism shouldn't be a hobby, it should be of the progressive sort.

To answer your highlighted question- YES!
See below.

http://www.infodigest-ng.com/directory/office-auditor-general-local-governments-lagos-state

1 Like

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by Nobody: 1:59pm On Feb 16, 2017
jarkbauer:

it takes 3 years to build 500MW power plant

so it's going to take forever to build 300MW then, by Nigerian's standard.
Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by EmperorTech: 2:16pm On Feb 16, 2017
Olabestonic001:

No. That project in Edo state has nothing to do with Oshiomole.

Please enlighten me Mr!
and before you do, kindly note that I am a registered APC member and a member of my ward executive in Edo state and I am referring to Edo/Azura power project. Please whose initiative was it?
Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by EmperorTech: 2:20pm On Feb 16, 2017
Ajibel:

Imagine this kind of stupid talk I am seeing this early morning. If you mention this trash in the presence of Obaseki, he'll slap the devil out of you.

And I would have given you a dirty slap for this rubbish if this wasn't happening online. Before you start been stvpid here, should we please post their both personal achievements before they became govs. Before you do, its imperative I bring to your notice that Afrinvest is regarded as one of the first and biggest privately owned financial consulting firm in Nigeria and west Africa sub region, and to further inform you that Godwin Obaseki owns it. So boy, spill your trash.
Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by ileogbenfidel(m): 2:24pm On Feb 16, 2017
Shut up your mouth my friend
Biafrarep:
Talk is cheap, Tinubu, Odili, Amaechi, Akpabio etc all said the same thing years back yet they left the power situation worse than they met it. until I see the power in our homes, all these are nothing but RUBBISH. Next Pls!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by Ajibel(m): 2:51pm On Feb 16, 2017
EmperorTech:

And I would have given you a dirty slap for this rubbish if this wasn't happening online. Before you start been stvpid here, should we please post their both personal achievements before they became govs. Before you do, its imperative I bring to your notice that Afrinvest is regarded as one of the first and biggest privately owned financial consulting firm in Nigeria and west Africa sub region, and to further inform you that Godwin Obaseki owns it. So boy, spill your trash.

What has their achievement before becoming a governor has to do with what they can achieve as a governor?

Have you even seen Ambode's intimidating CV when he was campaigning?

That shouldnt even be a subject to discuss about. Both governors despite being in the same party are far apart. Besides, it is even more silly of you to even compare an Ambode of two years to an Obaseki that just came in.

Even if Ambode spends just four years and Obaseki does an eight years, Ambode's achievements would surpass that of Obaseki.

There is no basis for comparing both here Mr.

I know you might be someone paid or employed to defend your boss online but you're making a big mistake in comparing him with Ambo.

That's my own for you.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by sweetgala(m): 2:57pm On Feb 16, 2017
Biafrarep:
Talk is cheap, Tinubu, Odili, Amaechi, Akpabio etc all said the same thing years back yet they left the power situation worse than they met it. until I see the power in our homes, all these are nothing but RUBBISH. Next Pls!

Tinubu and Fashola left a better system than they meet and that is recorded fact.

When Tinubi and Fahsola made attempts to resolve power issue in Lagos the GENCOs and DISCO went to court stopping such a move. Only the recent legislation that allows modular generation which Fashola is championing has allowed this progress

For the idiots shouting about the North pls show me your village and we'll quickly discover as many illiterates including yourself

1 Like

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by sweetgala(m): 3:00pm On Feb 16, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Why are you Biafura people always so bitter, negative, and pessimistic toward life? That's not healthy, yo. undecided

Leave them they don't have shame, living and benefiting firm the visionary exploits of Yoruba leaders in Lagos while shouting Biafra. Some of them have not been to their village in decades for fear of being kidnapped or killed

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by sweetgala(m): 3:02pm On Feb 16, 2017
Biafrarep:
Hey, you n.gbati n.gbati optimist and gulible people of the waste syde. What has your optimism and gulibility achieved for you? The last time I checked, your rotten ZOO of a country has so deteriorated to the extent that you guys are now leaving like refugees in a supposed peaceful country. Hunger & strife has become your lot yet you are still gullible, believing that things will get better. Listen to songs by Fela, Sony Okosun and others about your useless country since the 1970s, 80s and 90s then come back and tell me you are not the most gulible and unreasonable set of people in the whole wide world!

Why don't you go live in the east if you hate the "zoo" si much.

What have your useless leaders done in your eroded land

1 Like

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by sweetgala(m): 3:05pm On Feb 16, 2017
tinsel:
This is the only Governor in Nigeria. Sir, with your rapid work on Ajah bridge, and if that bridge van be commissioned we are just OK. Any other thing is an addition.

Just heard Seriaki Dickson is doing well and is being fiscally responsible with the state's finances

This is from credible pro APC sources and even the APC senator heading the committee investigating the Paris club refunds praised him

1 Like

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by sweetgala(m): 3:14pm On Feb 16, 2017
Biafrarep:
Read what you posted again, then maybe you will realize how contradictory and unreasonable you sounded. #childrenquotingtheirelderswithoutsense.

Jeez you just daft. Tinubu IPP completed by Fashola powers all state Gov assets in Ikeja and other areas. Street lights and the water works that's fact.

They can not distribute to residential or commercial consumers that's why the GENCOs took them to court

1 Like

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by sweetgala(m): 3:18pm On Feb 16, 2017
basilo102:

kainji was built with federal money, Geometric power Aba was built by individual but frustrated. We dont need your useless kainji, just empower people to build and transmitt for themselves

Was it not under the presidency of PDP and especially GEJ that the power sector was liberalised and privatised

Why didn't he push to have that aspect amended, was David mark not the SP

1 Like

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by sweetgala(m): 3:21pm On Feb 16, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Guy, you're starting to sound like a broken record with this your lightrail timeline talk. So long as they actually do a good job of it that's all that should matter in the end. Besides there are enough precedents for this sort of shifts in timeline with similar projects the world over.

It's a PPP project so it's not unusual for timelines to change considering unforeseen circumstances and developments. E.g, Boston's "Big Dig" project started in 1982, with completion due in 1998, and was not completed until almost a decade later in 2006 - 25 years later! That's in the good old U.S of A.

You forgot to mention the elephant in the room the F35 project a decade and several billion dollars later

1 Like

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by sweetgala(m): 3:27pm On Feb 16, 2017
klax:

They north will not want it I'm sure they are not only parasitic they are a failure. They are failure in everything only succeed in blood shedding in the name of religion that is all they know best to do.

To develop their land no way, go school no way except Islamic school and ends up as boko haram, spirt no way, music no way, looting yes, oil block stealing and illegal oil block license yes, power greed yes, religious madness yes, polar head herdsmen vampire yes later they will cry marginalisation pls Ambode carry on doing your people well God bless you God bless all SouthErnest Nigeria.

The North got an head start over a year ago with solar platforms of the same nature. I was seated in a meeting to a top gov engineering contractor way back in Nov 2015 who was waiting on the budget to start work on major solar projects ; Turkish and Spanish experts had come in to give presentation to senior government officials in the ministry then.

They were gearing up for a presentation to VP Osinbajo ati the time.
Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by swagifted(m): 3:46pm On Feb 16, 2017
Why exactly is sokoto not lambasted with solar farms yet?
Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by mapet: 3:59pm On Feb 16, 2017
Teempakguy:
how so?

If you can bear the cost of infrastructure involved (Wires, poles, transformers and booster points) then you can be licensed. Part Disco's license enabled them to have embedded power, where in they can power with some small gencos, they can distribute this to those who's willing to pay.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by Lush100(m): 5:00pm On Feb 16, 2017
Hello folks, i didn't get the whole gist, but i think ambode is trying to go round the legislation,

Power is to be pushed to national grid once it reaches a bench mark MW,

So i think he trying to have pockets of smaller generating outfits so that they generate without transmitting to the grid,

i may be wrong though
Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by barcaboi(m): 5:01pm On Feb 16, 2017
Nukualofa:
The only way we can attain constant power supply is if ech state build and develop their own power grid and use it for themselves.

The north will not want it because of their parasitic nature

Modified: To those that say the north has more power sources should know that the north only boast of Kainji and Shiroro. We still want them to use those two to better their lots but they won't agree
stop bn ignorant. power source is not only by water...We hydro powered source, coal powered, wind powered and lots also gas.....North has good and strong wind wch can be channeled...it makes u look stupid saying things outta line

1 Like

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by Nobody: 5:51pm On Feb 16, 2017
Good gesture Amode...although it will take a while to realize it.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by Olabestonic001(m): 7:26pm On Feb 16, 2017
EmperorTech:

Please enlighten me Mr!
and before you do, kindly note that I am a registered APC member and a member of my ward executive in Edo state and I am referring to Edo/Azura power project. Please whose initiative was it?

Azura in Edo is an IPP and was never by Adams. Its just the ways of politicians to claim projects they knows little about. There are debt investors for the 450MW generating plant is the business of debt investors like Siemens, Stanbic IBTC, FCMB, Swedfund etc http://www.azurawa.com/index.php/partnerships/debt/
however, as one who works in the contracting and project sector of Power, I always laugh when people get carried away by media sensations.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos by FactualSpeech: 7:32am On Feb 17, 2017
Ambode is the best governor at the moment I am sure nobody will dispute that. The best part of the project is the time lag. By March 2018,we are told we will have 350MW already. if this is done,then we hope that others flow in within the specified time and boom,we are live in the future. I just hope other dumb governors in the west can emulate this guy and move forward. May be other parts of the country will key in and we will be getting better. Second term is just a big issue in this country,I hope that virus does not affect him too.
God bless Ambode
Ambo,aitii de
God bless Lagos
God bless Nigeria

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Petrol Scarcity Worsens Nationwide / Buhari And Women: Is He Shy, Coy Or Con? - Vanguard Reporter / We’ll Take 100m Nigerians Out Of Poverty – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.