Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,065 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. (48189 Views)

Ondo Gets 10 Bulldozers To Boost Cassava Production -Gov Akeredolu Shares PHOTOS / Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava / Best Cassava Production Plan To Help You Make Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:38pm On Mar 18, 2018
RealityShot:
oga...
if you get land for your villa..
sell give me..forget my hilly villa.

where be that?
i fit get 1 hecta or more?
wen i no mumu why we go sell finite resource wen we fit exploit am fully for our benefit
we fit rent am out sha
why you no sell the hill(solid minerals)?
you no even wn make effort to think
just want to be given every
abi poultry no go work on solid foundation?
what of goatery while you buy fodder from lowlands
you go school na
Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by RealityShot: 3:36am On Mar 20, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
wen i no mumu why we go sell finite resource wen we fit exploit am fully for our benefit
we fit rent am out sha
why you no sell the hill(solid minerals)?
you no even wn make effort to think
just want to be given every
abi poultry no go work on solid foundation?
what of goatery while you buy fodder from lowlands
you go school na
ok na..
takia
Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by Mmkgroup5(f): 2:34am On Apr 01, 2018
No mind am as if em get 10kobo for bucket. He is lazy. The more you plant the more profit
curiousmind11:

From what the OP post, I can see the profit is above 50% assuming the yield is close to his predictions. What business do you think you can have above 20% profit legally?

Are you aware that profit can be higher if the cassava is processed into garri or other products? Value addition is key in Agric. Don't be lazy!

1 Like

Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by Pastorrazi: 8:00am On May 16, 2018
How many sticks can one get out of a bundle.to determine d number of ridges to plough
Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by Tellemall: 11:57am On Sep 11, 2018
Agrotrust:

Boss Cassava and plantain on the same farm really

You are very well informed.
Nice thread.

I have some questions for you.

How much is a hectare of land for rent or outright sale in the areas where rice is grown? Let's say Niger, Nassarawa and Anambra.

How much is a hectare in the areas where cassava is grown? Is cassava grown all over Nigeria or only in select places?
Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by Tellemall: 12:10pm On Sep 11, 2018
TokyoBulls:
50K is rather small (almost impossible) for one hectare unless the farmer will be actively involved and do most of the work himself. I believe an acre will need between 100K to 150K so one hectare will need close to 300K

These are interesting figures.

Are they the cost of land respectively? Or are they the full cost of planting, fertilizing, labor and weeding on the hectare of land?

Your posts on this thread have been very informative. Much appreciated.
Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by Obasola11: 2:27pm On Jan 15, 2019
Good day .i am a young farmer in my twenties. i would love to share from my experience so far.
1. Please do not venture into any area of agriculture if you are not well grounded in basic information about it. You can get knowledge from local farmers(old Babas), internet and then practical experience. if you don't have time during the week days, the weekends will be good enough to soil your hands on the farm-observing and taking notes of what you might have learnt.
2. i wont advise anyone to plant cassava with plantain as they will both compete for nutrient in the soil. cassava, maize and melon can be a go for me
3. Make sure you calculate your cost very well, before venturing into agriculture, calculate your risk(how much will you be willing to lose incase anything goes south.by experience, an acre will give you between 2500-3000 heaps.How much will get if i plant a stem on each? what is the percentage of dormancy. when will i replace the dormant stem? what specie of cassava is predominant for sale in where you are farming incase you can't get external buyers but locals?
4. Monitor things yourself to a large extent. i have experienced a situation whereby someone, whom i trusted, spent my money and didn't weed my farm lands till grass cutters started eating some of the tubers
5. Know when to plant and when to harvest and sell. there are seasons where the prices are bullish and there are times they are bearish. This will help you make some additional profit if you position your planting at the best time
6.Work and Pray
Do you need 2 plots of cassava tubers in Ogun/Lagos? contact 07064218973-moses
Cheers to all farmers and intending ones!
Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by Mario01boss(m): 2:58pm On Feb 12, 2019
good day, am so greateful for this kind of opportunity given to me i have cassave tubers for sale at owode ketu yewa south of ogun state this is my contact no 07062927666 or email me at
burton01matthew@gmail.com if you are interested you can call for any how you want it thanks.
Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by lee11: 8:59am On Mar 26, 2019
Please reply on the cost of harvesting.
Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by lee11: 9:02am On Mar 26, 2019
Agrotrust:
Dear all,

the cost of cultivation of cassava varies from location please find out about the actual price in your location. this is just a guideline as the farming season draws close
[center]LAND PREPARATION FOR CASSAVA[/center]

Ploughing: this is the primary tillage to loosen or turn the soil.
PLOUGHING (single operation)/ acre = N4500
2.5 acres = 1hectre : N 4500 *2.5= N11, 250/hectare

HARROWING: is an implement for breaking up and smoothing out the surface of the soil. This operation is very important as far as cassava cultivation is involved. The more the soil is loosened, the better the chances of having large cassava roots.
HARROWING (single operation)/ acre = N4500

PLANTING MATERIALS
1 hectare requires 60 bundles of cassava stems
1 bundle of cassava stem cost N 350
Therefore, 1 ha/60 bundles will be N 350* 60= N21, 000/ha

FIELD OPERATIONS
Planting: cost of this operation /ha = N10000
Spraying of herbicides: 1 ha requires 4litres of chemical X @ 1500 each (N6000/ha)
4litres of chemical Y @ 2500 each (N10000/ha)
N16000 Per Ha
Weeding
First weeding occurs 6-8 weeks after planting and the price is area dependent
1 ha cost N20, 000

Second weeding
Occurs at Months after planting. Depending on the nature of the farm; if weeding is still necessary, it will be done but if a canopy producing variety is cultivated, chemical spray will be preferable.
In-case of chemical weeding, 1 ha = N6000
Labor = N5000/ha
Third weeding
If it would be necessary, it surely will be chemical weeding.
In-case of chemical weeding, 1 ha = #6000
Labor =# 5000/ha

Please comment on the cost of harvesting
Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by lee11: 9:45am On Mar 26, 2019
Oluaso:
No one is adding cost of harvesting which can be arround #3000/ton
Also accessibility of farm and transportation of harvested products should be factored in before talking of profit.
About harvesting? How true is this?
Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by lee11: 10:40am On Mar 26, 2019
Please which cassava specie is best for cassava flour production? Tme 419? And where can I get ITTA high yield cassava bundles to buy? Thank you for your promt answers.
Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by Myself2(m): 11:25am On Mar 05, 2021
Agrotrust:
Dear all,

the cost of cultivation of cassava varies from location please find out about the actual price in your location. this is just a guideline as the farming season draws close
[center]LAND PREPARATION FOR CASSAVA[/center]

Ploughing: this is the primary tillage to loosen or turn the soil.
PLOUGHING (single operation)/ acre = N4500

HARROWING: is an implement for breaking up and smoothing out the surface of the soil. This operation is very important as far as cassava cultivation is involved. The more the soil is loosened, the better the chances of having large cassava roots.
HARROWING (single operation)/ acre = N4500

PLANTING MATERIALS
1 hectare requires 60 bundles of cassava stems
1 bundle of cassava stem cost N 350
Therefore, 1 ha/60 bundles will be N 350* 60= N21, 000/ha

FIELD OPERATIONS
Planting: cost of this operation /ha = N10000
Spraying of herbicides: 1 ha requires 4litres of chemical X @ 1500 each (N6000/ha)
4litres of chemical Y @ 2500 each (N10000/ha)
N16000 Per Ha
Weeding
First weeding occurs 6-8 weeks after planting and the price is area dependent
1 ha cost N20, 000

Second weeding
Occurs at Months after planting. Depending on the nature of the farm; if weeding is still necessary, it will be done but if a canopy producing variety is cultivated, chemical spray will be preferable.
In-case of chemical weeding, 1 ha = N6000
Labor = N5000/ha
Third weeding
If it would be necessary, it surely will be chemical weeding.
In-case of chemical weeding, 1 ha = #6000
Labor =# 5000/ha

What’s the timeline, I mean the number of days it takes per hectare for the following operations:
1. Land preparation (ploughing and harrowing)
2. Liming
3. Planting
4,Spraying of pre emergence herbicide 3 days after planting
5. Weed control
6. First fertilizer application
7. Second weeding
8. Second fertilizer application
9. Third fertilizer application
10. Third weeding
11. Harvesting
Re: Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. by juniormanish: 5:05am On Aug 31, 2021
60 Bundles of cassava stems will be enough for 1 hectare of land, so how many cassava stems are in 1 bundle

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! / Sack Farming From Start / How Many Bags Of Feed Do U Need To Raise 300 Broiler To 7 Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.