Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Your Favourite Newspaper Columnist? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Your Favourite Newspaper Columnist? (3158 Views)

Newspaper Columnist Kidnapped From Her Home In Nigeria / Why I Must Sue My Parents - By Azuka Onwuka (a Punch Newspaper Columnist) / Olusegun Obasanjo Becomes A Newspaper Columnist! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Favourite Newspaper Columnist? by olawalebabs(m): 3:36pm On Jun 20, 2011
@jarus i also follow him, i know the series he quoted your "private" mail to him. You said "our" mind. You too can be a celebrated columnist because i also wait for your facebook notes, and it also make sense, give it a trial. You can go beyond the "letter to editor" you normally do
Re: Your Favourite Newspaper Columnist? by Jarus(m): 3:59pm On Jun 20, 2011
olawalebab:

@jarus i also follow him, i know the series he quoted your "private" mail to him. You said "our" mind. You too can be a celebrated columnist because i also wait for your facebook notes, and it also make sense, give it a trial. You can go beyond the "letter to editor" you normally do

Sorry to correct you, I have gone beyond letters-to-the-editor since more than 5 years now. What I write is 'Opinion' or 'Commentary', full half page, and on two occasions, Daily Sun and Leadership have given my articles 'Guest Columnist' status, the ones Atedo Peterside, Nasir el-Rufai and Eddie Iroh are given. An higher education-focus magazine in Abuja has also just approached me for permanent column writing in their new outfit, which is expected to hit the newsstand soon.
Re: Your Favourite Newspaper Columnist? by aljharem3: 4:00pm On Jun 20, 2011
Jarus:

Sorry to correct you, I have gone beyond letters-to-the-editor since more than 5 years now. What I write is 'Opinion' or 'Commentary', full half page, and on two occasions, Daily Sun and Leadership have given my articles 'Guest Columnist' status, the ones Atedo Peterside, Nasir el-Rufai and Eddie Iroh are given. An higher education-focus magazine in Abuja has also just approached me for permanent column writing in their new outfit, which is expected to hit the newsstand soon.
offa man, how u dey today wink
Re: Your Favourite Newspaper Columnist? by Jarus(m): 4:27pm On Jun 20, 2011
alj_harem:

offa man, how u dey today wink
Ina aeni, my Kanuri broda wink
Re: Your Favourite Newspaper Columnist? by mbulela: 4:42pm On Jun 20, 2011
Jarus:

my man don join the train.
hammer time go soon come.
Re: Your Favourite Newspaper Columnist? by mbulela: 4:45pm On Jun 20, 2011
me i no get favourite again o.
na gossip tabloid i dey read now.
it makes more sense to me and helps ease tension.
you are guaranteed plenty laughter.
I don't read Nigerian newspapers again.
Re: Your Favourite Newspaper Columnist? by Jarus(m): 4:49pm On Jun 20, 2011
mbulela:

my man don join the train.
hammer time go soon come.
grin grin grin
this got me throwing office decency to teh dust bin ROTFLMAO  grin grin

Don't worry, we are still from teh same pro-masses constituency grin

mbulela:

me i no get favourite again o.
na gossip tabloid i dey read now.
it makes more sense to me and helps ease tension.
you are guaranteed plenty laughter.
I don't read Nigerian newspapers again.
ROTFLMAO. When did you become a comedian my main man?  grin
anyway, you don't read Naija papers. Obasanjo too doesnt.  cheesy
Re: Your Favourite Newspaper Columnist? by olawalebabs(m): 4:56pm On Jun 20, 2011
Jarus:

is just an over sight on my part, i never mean to demean your status, may the almighty continue to guide you. Bro the ABU project i discuss with you is still on course, date is 7 to 9 of next month, thanks for the support
Re: Your Favourite Newspaper Columnist? by Jarus(m): 5:00pm On Jun 20, 2011
No qualms my brother.
Re: Your Favourite Newspaper Columnist? by mbulela: 5:19pm On Jun 20, 2011
Jarus:

anyway, you don't read Naija papers. Obasanjo too doesnt. cheesy

you see, i am in very good company.
I roll in Otta circles.
Re: Your Favourite Newspaper Columnist? by dempeople(m): 8:01am On Jun 21, 2011
Anything Reuben Abati, Ochereome Nnanna, Okey Ndibe and Uche Nworah are a must read for me. Nigeriavillagesquare rocks.
Re: Your Favourite Newspaper Columnist? by iragbijile: 8:21am On Jun 21, 2011
dem_people:

Anything[b] Reuben Abati[/b], Ochereome Nnanna, Okey Ndibe and Uche Nworah are a must read for me. Nigeriavillagesquare rocks.

Started reading him in the 90s, For some reason, I think he writes kinda child-like.

I used to like him, but I now find him too verbose and his writings are replete with mistakes unbefitting of the Chairman, Editorial Board, The Guardian Newspapers.

Did you see Banky's reply to his vitriol. Banky seems to have done way better than him in passing his message across. It looks as if Banky was actually schooling him. I felt bad for him.

One guy I like is Dele Olojede.
Re: Your Favourite Newspaper Columnist? by Jarus(m): 8:41am On Jun 21, 2011
iragbijile:

Started reading him in the 90s, For some reason, I think he writes kinda child-like.

I used to like him, but I now find him too verbose and his writings are replete with mistakes unbefitting of the Chairman, Editorial Board, The Guardian Newspapers.

Did you see Banky's reply to his vitriol. Banky seems to have done way better than him in passing his message across. It looks as if Banky was actually schooling him. I felt bad for him. One guy I like is Dele Olojede.
I read that Banky's response to one of Abati's articles. It was crap abeg!!!

Meanwhile, I believe Reuben Abati is overrated.

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is Madness!! Is Tonto Dike Not Afraid Of Ebola Virus? (photo) / Here Are Your Latest Exchange Rates / Is The Grazing Bill Unconstitutional Or Unfair?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.