Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,557 members, 7,823,448 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

...... - Islam for Muslims (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / ...... (216954 Views)

Angels Of Mercy: Some Of The Houses They Do Not Enter / It's Delusional & Sign Of Apostasy To Believe Angels Are Caught On Video Camera / Differences Between Angels And Jinn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (164) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ...... by Alhajiemeritus: 8:03am On Sep 29, 2021
@empiree , Movado, Ladunai and other Sheiks in the building.
Please help us out with some izatalaja symptoms and their meanings.
I've been searching for the PDF, but I'm yet to come across one.
Re: ...... by Empiree: 12:03pm On Sep 29, 2021
^^^

Sheikh Adam's book lol cheesy Isatalaja
Re: ...... by Alhajiemeritus: 1:46pm On Sep 29, 2021
Empiree:
^^^

Sheikh Adam's book lol cheesy Isatalaja
Exactly.
I'm looking for the translation and other similar works from other Sheiks.
Re: ...... by Empiree: 5:09pm On Sep 29, 2021
Alhajiemeritus:
Exactly.
I'm looking for the translation and other similar works from other Sheiks.
I used to read this book then in Yoruba language in the 90s to early 2000. The book kinda speaks about spirituality and interpretation of dreams and all that. But years later i realized it was not original work of Sheikh Adam (ra). It is the work of tab'in called Ibn Sirin but Sheikh Adam rewrote it in a way layman could understand and in plain text.

However, in recent years, at the emergence of alaqeeda people they started to condemn the book and condemned Sheikh Adam.. The book in itself is not about "ayewo" but it is like science of firasa, study of internal body organs. At the time I didn't really understand it fully. But I did remember making use of things there. I believe it is the in the book of Isatalaja it is discussed many things such as timing of intercourse (permissibility, makhruh, Haram and results of having intercourse at xyz times), certain days we avoid taking shower without using sponge and soap (Wednesday and Saturday) etc. I used to practice this.

Few years ago I noticed that this is not about Islam but general science that is not exclusive to Islam because, in the course of my field nursing I was assigned to client who's Russian. This was in 2008. His wife asked me to help him get in the shower becus his aide was coming late. So I helped him and tried to hand him sponge and soap. His wife said "no, we don't take shower with sponge on Wednesdays and Saturdays not even with soap". She's Orthodox Christian.

The book of Sheikh Adam signaled in my head that day. It was then I realized the practice is not exclusive to Islam. Usually practices like this have root in ancient Greek. Hence, it means prophets of old must have been endowed with this branch of knowledge those days and the practice somewhat survived till today.

Two years ago on Facebook, Sheikh Saheed Al-Mubaraq As-Salafi in defense of Sheikh Adam on Isatalaja that it was not originally written by Sheikh Adam but tab'in including "Qola Sheikh". But our over sabi alhusunnah today condemned the Sheikh despite telling them that Sheikh was not the original author. In that case they should condemn the tab'in but they refused to do that.

The book of Isatalaja is not about "ayewo". But alhusunnah think it about it.

2 Likes

Re: ...... by Alhajiemeritus: 5:15pm On Sep 29, 2021
Empiree:
I used to read this book then in Yoruba language in the 90s to early 2000. The book kinda speaks about spirituality and interpretation of dreams and all that. But years later i realized it was not original work of Sheikh Adam (ra). It is the work of tab'in called Ibn Sirin but Sheikh Adam rewrote it in a way layman could understand and in plain text.

However, in recent years, at the emergence of alaqeeda people they started to condemn the book and condemned Sheikh Adam.. The book in itself is not about "ayewo" but it is like science of firasa, study of internal body organs. At the time I didn't really understand it fully. But I did remember making use of things there. I believe it is the in the book of Isatalaja it is discussed many things such as timing of intercourse (permissibility, makhruh, Haram and results of having intercourse at xyz times), certain days we avoid taking shower without using sponge and soap (Wednesday and Saturday) etc. I used to practice this.

Few years ago I noticed that this is not about Islam but general science that is not exclusive to Islam because, in the course of my field nursing I was assigned to client who's Russian. This was in 2008. His wife asked me to help him get in the shower becus his aide was coming late. So I helped him and tried to hand him sponge and soap. His wife said "no, we don't take shower with sponge on Wednesdays and Saturdays not even with soap". She's Orthodox Christian.

The book of Sheikh Adam signaled in my head that day. It was then I realized the practice is not exclusive to Islam. Usually practices like this have root in ancient Greek. Hence, it means prophets of old must have been endowed with this those days and the practice somewhat survived till today.

Two years ago on fb, Sheikh Al-Mubaraq As-Salafi in defense of Sheikh Adam on Isatalaja that it was not originally written by Sheikh Adam but tab'in including "Qola Sheikh". But our over sabi alhusunnah today condemned the Sheikh despite telling them that Sheikh was not the original author. In that case they should condemn the tab'in but they refused to do that.

The book of Isatalaja is not about "ayewo". But alhusunnah alhusunnah think it about it.
You are right, it was the recent condemnation of this book that made me come across it again, I came across it in 2017, but I didn't really take cognizance of it, but this recent condemnation made me do more research, and I found out the exact things you've already explained.
That is why I'm looking for a pdf or something similar for research purpose.
I really appreciate your submission.

2 Likes

Re: ...... by Empiree: 5:23pm On Sep 29, 2021
Alhajiemeritus:
You are right, it was the recent condemnation of this book that made me come across it again, I came across it in 2017, but I didn't really take cognizance of it, but this recent condemnation made me do more research, and I found out the exact things you've already explained.
That is why I'm looking for a pdf or something similar for research purpose.
I really appreciate your submission.
May Allah bless sheikh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory. The man really tried for Islam in Nigeria especially Yorùbáland. The reason most Alfas books in Nigeria particularly in Yorùbáland are scarce online is because Yoruba Muslims are very greedy. They don't like spending money of education and research. They should have published and made available all books of this Alfa on the internet. You notice that you can easily access Saudi scholars books and fatawa on the internet. This is why many think that all Muslim scholars outside of Saudi Arabia are misguided and only Saudi scholars are upon Sunnah. WRONG with capital W cheesy

Anyways i have called their attention to this and I think progress is being made gradually. It is very shameful. They just busy with Walima, Firdaus, etc instead of funding research.

2 Likes

Re: ...... by movado19: 5:23pm On Sep 29, 2021
Empiree:

The book of Sheikh Adam signaled in my head that day. It was then I realized the practice is not exclusive to Islam. Usually practices like this have root in ancient Greek. Hence, it means prophets of old must have been endowed with this branch of knowledge those days and the practice somewhat survived till today.

Two years ago on Facebook, Sheikh Saheed Al-Mubaraq As-Salafi in defense of Sheikh Adam on Isatalaja that it was not originally written by Sheikh Adam but tab'in including "Qola Sheikh". But our over sabi alhusunnah today condemned the Sheikh despite telling them that Sheikh was not the original author. In that case they should condemn the tab'in but they refused to do that.

The book of Isatalaja is not about "ayewo". But alhusunnah alhusunnah think it about it.

Salam Alaikum Shaikh Empiree and Everyone.

Honestly, I wish that I could like what you wrote up there a million times!
A lot of people just believe that EVERYTHING has to be written word-for-word in the Quran before they accept it!
How many times has Allah mentioned that there is no community He has not sent prophets to?...just looking at their body of knowledge will enable you to realize the truth in this.

2 Likes

Re: ...... by Alhajiemeritus: 5:35pm On Sep 29, 2021
Empiree:
May Allah bless sheikh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory. The man really tried for Islam in Nigeria especially Yorùbáland. The reason most Alfas books in Nigeria particularly in Yorùbáland are scarce online is because Yoruba Muslims are very greedy. They don't like spending money of education and research. They should have published and made available all books of this Alfa on the internet. You notice that you can easily access Saudi scholars books and fatawa on the internet. This is why many think that all Muslim scholars outside of Saudi Arabia are misguided and only Saudi scholars are upon Sunnah. WRONG with capital W cheesy

Anyways i have called their attention to this and I think progress is being made gradually. It is very shameful. They just busy with Walima, Firdaus, etc instead of funding research.
May Almighty Allah help them, if it's fund they need we'll gladly contribute.
Re: ...... by Empiree: 5:37pm On Sep 29, 2021
movado19:

Salam Alaikum Shaikh Empiree and Everyone.

Honestly, I wish that I could like what you wrote up there a million times!
A lot of people just believe that EVERYTHING has to be written word-for-word in the Quran before they accept it!
How many times has Allah mentioned that there is no community He has not sent prophets to?...just looking at their body of knowledge will enable you to realize the truth in this.
walaikun salaam.

Don't mind them. The reason we are having these problems in Islam is because we do not have proper subjects segregation like western education. It is in Islam you see Alfa in the science of Hadith condemning fatwa in the line of Sharia without knowledge of the later.

It is in Islam Alfa alaqeeda condemns tassawuf without knowledge of tassawuf. They don't stay in their lane. The reason is because all of them are called "Alfa". For this reason they assume they know it all..

2 Likes

Re: ...... by movado19: 5:45pm On Sep 29, 2021
Empiree:
walaikun salaam.

Don't mind them. The reason we are having these problems in Islam is because we do not have proper subjects segregation like western education. It is in Islam you see Alfa in the science of Hadith condemning fatwa in the line of Sharia without knowledge of the later.

It is in Islam Alfa alaqeeda condemns tassawuf without knowledge of tassawuf. They don't stay in their lane. The reason is because all of them are called "Alfa". For this reason they assume they know it all..

Hmm! What a piercing and accurate insight!
Re: ...... by Alhajiemeritus: 5:56pm On Sep 29, 2021
Empiree:
walaikun salaam.

Prof Kakuri who is an Ahlusuna sheikh said something that surprised me when he visited the new mufti of Ilorin, he said people should stop condemning sufism as it's not the way of Ahlu Sunna people, he said they claimed they've seen what they have not seen, that shouldn't be a cause for condemnation.
He said people should focus on the Islam which unites all of us.
He said quite a lot, this is just an extract.

1 Like

Re: ...... by Empiree: 5:58pm On Sep 29, 2021
Alhajiemeritus:
Prof Kakuri who is an Ahlusuna sheikh said something that surprised me when he visited the new mufti of Ilorin, he said people should stop condemning sufism as it's not the way of Ahlu Sunna people, he said they claimed they've seen what they have not seen, that shouldn't be a cause for condemnation.
He said people should focus on the Islam which unites all of us.
He said quite a lot, this is just an extract.
Exactly. I watched him too. They are too over sabi and messed things up, created confusion and disunity in the ummah. They need to stay in their lane

2 Likes

Re: ...... by Hkana: 7:42pm On Sep 29, 2021
Empiree:

Isatalaja it is discussed many things such as timing of intercourse (permissibility, makhruh, Haram and results of having intercourse at xyz times), certain days we avoid taking shower without using sponge and soap (Wednesday and Saturday) etc. I used to practice this.

Kindly throw some more light on the bolded. What's the meaning of Isatalaja?

1 Like

Re: ...... by Alhajiemeritus: 7:50pm On Sep 29, 2021
Hkana:

Al-Ikhtilaj.
They are body signs that indicate the presence of something or when something is about to happen.
Simply put: Body signs and their interpretations.

1 Like

Re: ...... by Alhajiemeritus: 7:52pm On Sep 29, 2021
Hkana:

@Empiree.
Sir, I think the parts you mentioned here are in Qola Sheikh
Re: ...... by Empiree: 8:34pm On Sep 29, 2021
Re: ...... by Empiree: 9:01pm On Sep 29, 2021
Alhajiemeritus:

@Emp.iree.
Sir, I think the parts you mentioned here are in Qola Sheikh
I thought as much. That means I read both books those days but I didn't know the title. I only know they were sheikh Adam's books
Re: ...... by Empiree: 9:13pm On Sep 29, 2021
Hkana:

It is actually called كتاب الختلاج (Kitab Al-Ikhtilaj) in lugha. It is we Yorùbá people that like messing up proper pronunciations and called it ISATALAJA. The same way we messed up Ruhaniya. We called it Rawaniya. We are funny people cheesy we called Mallam 'mola' grin
Re: ...... by Alhajiemeritus: 9:14pm On Sep 29, 2021
Empiree:
I thought as much. That means I read both books those days but I didn't know the title. I only know they were sheikh Adam's books
They are both Sheikh Adam's books.
You are right.
Re: ...... by Alhajiemeritus: 9:16pm On Sep 29, 2021
Empiree:
It is actually called كتاب الختلاج (Kitab Al-Ikhtilaj) in lugha. It is we Yorùbá people that like messing up proper pronunciations and called it ISATALAJA. The same way we messed up Ruhaniya. We called it Rawaniya. We are funny people cheesy we called Mallam 'mola' grin
I've been meaning to ask, what is the origin of the word "Alfa". It's not Arabic.
How come we now identify Muslim scholars by that name?

1 Like

Re: ...... by Empiree: 1:52am On Sep 30, 2021

2 Likes

Re: ...... by Empiree: 2:21am On Sep 30, 2021
Alhajiemeritus:
I've been meaning to ask, what is the origin of the word "Alfa". It's not Arabic.
How come we now identify Muslim scholars by that name?
It is Nigeria Alfa that gave its meaning. Alfa has meaning in Greek language and it ia girl's name. It also has meaning in Arabic which means thousands but Yoruba muslims twisted it and it became permanent description for muslims scholar or any muslim that is capable of teaching islam, Arabic and spirituality.

From Greek definition

Alfa a name for girls (also used as boys' name Alfa) has its root in Greek, and Alfa means "beginning". Alfa is a variant form of Alpha (Greek): first letter of the Greek alphabet. Alfa is a rare given name for women. Alfa is an equivalently unique last name too for all people. (2000 U.S. CENSUS). Alfa entered the list in 1890-1899 and reached its top position of #1988 in the U.S. in the 1890s, but is not ranked currently. (TOP BABY NAMES, 2018). The only other popular alternative form of Alfa is Alpha. Adoption of these relations of Alfa was at its apex in the 1890s (USAGE OF 0.03%), but now, the version Alpha has become somewhat outmoded.

From Arabic Perspective

Alfa ألفة in Arabic language means one thousand. The one and only meaning for Alfa in its original language is 1000. However, in an attempt to justify the meaning of Alfa in Nigeria, the Yoruba Muslims interpret Alfa as someone who has the cognitive and spiritual capacity to teach and train 1000 students. grin Alfa also means Gift and familiarity. There is always strong relationship btw Yoruba and Arabs

1 Like

Re: ...... by movado19: 3:05am On Sep 30, 2021
Empiree:
It is Nigeria Alfa that gave its meaning. Alfa has meaning in Greek language and it ia girl's name. It also has meaning in Arabic which means thousands but Yoruba muslims twisted it and it became permanent description for muslims scholar or any muslim that is capable of teaching islam, Arabic and spirituality.

From Greek definition

Alfa a name for girls (also used as boys' name Alfa) has its root in Greek, and Alfa means "beginning". Alfa is a variant form of Alpha (Greek): first letter of the Greek alphabet. Alfa is a rare given name for women. Alfa is an equivalently unique last name too for all people. (2000 U.S. CENSUS). Alfa entered the list in 1890-1899 and reached its top position of #1988 in the U.S. in the 1890s, but is not ranked currently. (TOP BABY NAMES, 2018). The only other popular alternative form of Alfa is Alpha. Adoption of these relations of Alfa was at its apex in the 1890s (USAGE OF 0.03%), but now, the version Alpha has become somewhat outmoded.

From Arabic Perspective

Alfa ألفة in Arabic language means one thousand. The one and only meaning for Alfa in its original language is 1000. However, in an attempt to justify the meaning of Alfa in Nigeria, the Yoruba Muslims interpret Alfa as someone who has the cognitive and spiritual capacity to teach and train 1000 students. grin Alfa also means Gift and familiarity. There is always strong relationship btw Yoruba and Arabs

@ bold: very true. Also, the Yoruba language once used to be read and written in Yoruba Ajami. This became somewhat lost with the emergence and the colonization of Africa by the Europeans and the West in general.
What is surprising to me though is how intact the Hausa Ajami is to date, so much so that you find the indigenes reading diverse books that have been translated into their own Ajami version.
Maybe it's just a case of one tribe being more resolute in the face of oppression? I don't know, but it's interesting, to say the least.
Re: ...... by Empiree: 3:23am On Sep 30, 2021
movado19:

@ bold: very true. Also, the Yoruba language once used to be read and written in Yoruba Ajami. This became somewhat lost with the emergence and the colonization of Africa by the Europeans and the West in general.
What is surprising to me though is how intact the Hausa Ajami is to date, so much so that you find the indigenes reading diverse books that have been translated into their own Ajami version.
Maybe it's just a case of one tribe being more resolute in the face of oppression? I don't know, but it's interesting, to say the least.
that's it @bold. British wasn't mistaken for handing powers to them across West Africa
Re: ...... by Empiree: 3:25am On Sep 30, 2021
Emp.iree:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZhFxcw714E
Alfa said the same thing that ikupakuti said about shaytan settled his abode on the sea via Bermuda Triangle

1 Like

Re: ...... by Alhajiemeritus: 6:10am On Sep 30, 2021
Empiree:
Alfa said the same thing that ikupakuti said about shaytan settled his abode on the sea via Bermuda Triangle
Are we sure this Mallam is not Ikupakuti?
I've been seeing his videos.
Re: ...... by Alhajiemeritus: 6:15am On Sep 30, 2021
Empiree:

From Greek definition

From Arabic Perspective

Interesting explanation.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: ...... by Alhajiemeritus: 6:16am On Sep 30, 2021
movado19:

Hmmm
Re: ...... by LadunaI(m): 9:08am On Sep 30, 2021
Alhajiemeritus:
Are we sure this Mallam is not Ikupakuti?
I've been seeing his videos.
May be lol grin

1 Like

Re: ...... by LadunaI(m): 9:32am On Sep 30, 2021
Empiree:
walaikun salaam.

It is in Islam Alfa alaqeeda condemns tassawuf without knowledge of tassawuf
. They don't stay in their lane. The reason is because all of them are called "Alfa". For this reason they assume they know it all..

@bolded that's really problem, they don't know anything about tasawwuf yet they want to critique it. And that's extremely poor, especially when it comes to establishing the truth. That what imam Ghazali (May Allah have mercy on his soul) said earlier that, he has to understand the orthodox view before criticizing it. He spent two years studying philosophy before coming out with his famous book "Incoherence of Philosopher", which debunked all their junks philosophy with sound logic and irrefutable argument from Holy Quran.

But when he ventured into understanding Sufism he didn't started criticizing, but he said "when I have study all the theoretical knowledge known about Sufism, I then realized that what is remaining is that of experience...." then he set out to acquire true import of their experiences" and the rest history because he then realized that true Sufis are the pioneer of Islam, and the sweetness that pervade Sufism can't be compared to other ilm.

So, as a famous Scholar and jurist of his time, he was able to decipher many errors both in "puritans" view and many adulterated view in Islamic mystism. And write about this in one of his book. That's how to engage in intelligent argument not the way those Alfa are doing. Such is tremendous influence Imam Ghazali have in my understanding of Islam as a whole.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ...... by Alhajiemeritus: 10:15am On Sep 30, 2021
LadunaI:

@bolded that's really problem, they don't know anything about tasawwuf yet they want to critique it. And that's extremely poor, especially when it comes to establishing the truth. That what imam Ghazali (May Allah have mercy on his soul) said earlier that, he has to understand the orthodox view before criticizing it. He spent two years studying philosophy before coming out with his famous book "Incoherence of Philosopher", which debunked all their junks philosophy with sound logic and irrefutable argument from Holy Quran.

But when he ventured into understanding Sufism he didn't started criticizing, but he said "when I have study all the theoretical knowledge known about Sufism, I then realized that what is remaining is that of experience...." then he set out to acquire true import of their experiences" and the rest history because he then realized that true Sufis are the pioneer of Islam, and the sweetness that pervade Sufism can't be compared to other ilm.

So, as a famous Scholar and jurist of his time, he was able to decipher many errors both in "puritans" view and many adulterated view in Islamic mystism. And write about this in one of his book. That's how to engage in intelligent argument not the way those Alfa are doing. Such is tremendous influence Imam Ghazali have in my understanding of Islam as a whole.
Do you know that Imam Ghazali was a professor in his time?
He quit being a professor after he tasted Sufism.
He left everything and became a Sufi.
Funny enough, I don't identify as a Sufi or Salafi.
Re: ...... by LadunaI(m): 10:39am On Sep 30, 2021
Alhajiemeritus:
Do you know that Imam Ghazali was a professor in his time?
He quit being a professor after he tasted Sufism.
He left everything and became a Sufi.
Funny enough, I don't identify as a Sufi or Salafi.
Yes ofcourse! I know of his professorship. Infact, because of his rich fatwas as professor to his people then in Baghdad, that prevented him many time to take his Sufi path, until he was somewhat compel by the Supreme power.

You see irrespective of what we call our selfs, that's not what matters, is the substance in us that really count. Sufi, Salafi, shias etc are just names. We are all Muslims and that is it. And a well balanced Muslims is the one that is sound in bothIslamic jurisprudence (fiqh) and Islamic mystism (Ihsan) they're inseparable.

@ the bolded do you mean you or Imam Ghazali (ra) ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (164) (Reply)

Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station / Cute and Romantic Photos Of Muslim Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.