Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,020 members, 7,810,822 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

...... - Islam for Muslims (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / ...... (214634 Views)

Angels Of Mercy: Some Of The Houses They Do Not Enter / It's Delusional & Sign Of Apostasy To Believe Angels Are Caught On Video Camera / Differences Between Angels And Jinn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ...... by Empiree: 8:48pm On May 03, 2023
We learn everyday.. What do you think of Ustaz who said Orunmila was prophet of Allah sent to Yoruba people?. Honestly, Yoruba messed up many things. They mixed culture with their traditional beliefs which is why Yoruba Muslims are skeptical. Sometimes those words and phrases such as Orunmila (human), ela rowa(phase) etc were coined. Orunmila could mean órún lo mo eniti o la la.

That's, Orunmila was his "kunya" just like Nabi Noah (as) whose name was AbdulGafar. We don't know the real of Orunmila.. The brother that said Orunmila was sent to Yoruba race relies on this Ayah 16:36
Alhajiemeritus:

Remember, I once mentioned that I am versed in Yoruba traditional religion...
Trust me when I say Orunmila in Yoruba religion is no ordinary person...He is a deity believed to be a witness on the day destinies are being distributed...
He is also believed to be able to reformat people's destinies for good.
The concept of Olodumare/ God is of a being higher than the irunmoles, but is just there without being involved in any activities in a man's life...
The irunmoles are the ones who are involved.
I digress.
Back to your highlighted point, Ela rowa 2* means ela descend 2*. Ela is the son of oyigi who the Yorubas believe is the saviour of the world..
It is imperative to state that incorporating Odu Ifa or calling on something similar is tantamount to shirk in Islam.
Having said this, I am not disputing the roles of herbs in healing ( these are natural).

2 Likes

Re: ...... by movado19: 1:18pm On May 09, 2023
^ ^ ^

Salam Alaikum Everyone.

This is an interesting topic and with that, I am wondering if anyone (Alhajiemeritus, Empiree, everyone) can shed more light on people who say that they were " called " to be a priest or priestess for Olukun, etc.
Some even say that they used to be " strong Muslims/Christians " before their conversion and that they have found peace ever since they took up the post, etc.
In your experience and opinion, what do you think/believe is happening?
A case in point is this video below. The lady said she used to be a practicing Muslim who even went as far as ILE KEWU.

Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvwnLDrxRw8

Re: ...... by Alhajiemeritus: 1:36pm On May 09, 2023
Wa Alaykum Salaam Warahmatulahi.
Simple: They were called by Jinns. Jinns whispered to their nafs and they succumbed to the whispering box jinns. We all understand that the agencies of these Obatalas and co are jinns due to their operations. You will realize this when these people go into trance.
movado19:
^ ^ ^

Salam Alaikum Everyone.

This is an interesting topic and with that, I am wondering if anyone (Alhajiemeritus, Empiree, everyone) can shed more light on people who say that they were " called " to be a priest or priestess for Olukun, etc.
Some even say that they used to be " strong Muslims/Christians " before their conversion and that they have found peace ever since they took up the post, etc.
In your experience and opinion, what do you think/believe is happening?
A case in point is this video below. The lady said she used to be a practicing Muslim who even went as far as ILE KEWU.

Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvwnLDrxRw8

2 Likes

Re: ...... by Alhajiemeritus: 1:39pm On May 09, 2023
Historically there was nothing like Yoruba people up to a certain point in time. The Ustaz doesn't have much knowledge of history. Orunmila wasn't a prophet because his message wasn't that of oneness of Allah. Orunmila was a gifted man who was deified after his death. He wasn't a prophet. He had no message
Empiree:
We learn everyday.. What do you think of Ustaz who said Orunmila was prophet of Allah sent to Yoruba people?. Honestly, Yoruba messed up many things. They mixed culture with their traditional beliefs which is why Yoruba Muslims are skeptical. Sometimes those words and phrases such as Orunmila (human), ela rowa(phase) etc were coined. Orunmila could mean órún lo mo eniti o la la.

That's, Orunmila was his "kunya" just like Nabi Noah (as) whose name was AbdulGafar. We don't know the real of Orunmila.. The brother that said Orunmila was sent to Yoruba race relies on this Ayah 16:36

2 Likes

Re: ...... by Alhajiemeritus: 1:41pm On May 09, 2023
That's a deliberate misintrepretation of the Quran. He should have just said it and not rely on any ayah.
Alhajiemeritus:
Historically there was nothing like Yoruba people up to a certain point in time. The Ustaz doesn't have much knowledge of history. Orunmila wasn't a prophet because his message wasn't that of oneness of Allah. Orunmila was a gifted man who was deified after his death. He wasn't a prophet. He had no message
Re: ...... by movado19: 1:52pm On May 09, 2023
Alhajiemeritus:
Wa Alaykum Salaam Warahmatulahi.
Simple: They were called by Jinns. Jinns whispered to their nafs and they succumbed to the whispering box jinns. We all understand that the agencies of these Obatalas and co are jinns due to their operations. You will realize this when these people go into trance.

Thank you so much.

It's a wonder to me when I hear stories of how the parents who are strong Muslims give in and say that it is their child's destiny to be so and that there are many rivers flowing into the ocean.

The people who convert do say that their not heeding the call leads to losses, constraints, headaches, restlessness, etc, and after taking up the call, life becomes peaceful for them.

May Allah bless us all with the inner eyes to see things as they really are, Amin.

1 Like

Re: ...... by HausaIgboYoruba: 6:48am On May 10, 2023
LadunaI:

Interesting du'a indeed. I remembered when I was told to recite this du'a in my dream, I seems to forget it that formula (ayah), and the man came again to remind me of it.

No specific format was given though, so I often recite it as I like. Can you share how exactly you use this du'a.

Thanks.
Subhanallah! I was given this same dua in my dream today.

1 Like

Re: ...... by Ajibbbbbb: 7:45am On May 10, 2023
HausaIgboYoruba:
. What dua sir? Please, post it
Re: ...... by HausaIgboYoruba: 8:16am On May 10, 2023
Ajibbbbbb:
. What dua sir? Please, post it
wa inna jundana lahumul ghaalibun (Q37 vs173)

1 Like

Re: ...... by Ajibbbbbb: 10:01am On May 10, 2023
HausaIgboYoruba:
HausaIgboYoruba:
HausaIgboYoruba:
Jazzaka Allahu khoyran sir
Re: ...... by Ajibbbbbb: 10:07am On May 10, 2023
Empiree:

assalamu alaykum sir. for Allah's Sake, reply my messages
Re: ...... by movado19: 10:31am On May 10, 2023
HausaIgboYoruba:

Salam Alaikum,

Would you kindly share the backdrop to your dream?

Were you facing some kind of challenges before now, etc?

Thank you.
Re: ...... by HausaIgboYoruba: 4:14pm On May 10, 2023
movado19:

Salam Alaikum,

Would you kindly share the backdrop to your dream?

Were you facing some kind of challenges before now, etc?

Thank you.
Unfortunately, I am not a good storyteller! However, I have been having serious nightmares and always falling sick after each nightmare. The problem is becoming too frequent.
I woke up after being given the dua and started searching the internet looking for more tafsir commentaries on the Ayah.

1 Like

Re: ...... by movado19: 4:23pm On May 10, 2023
HausaIgboYoruba:
Unfortunately, I am not a good storyteller! However, I have been having serious nightmares and always falling sick after each nightmare. The problem is becoming too frequent.
I woke up after being given the dua and started searching the internet looking for more tafsir commentaries on the Ayah.

May Allah bless you with a resounding victory and complete Shifa (healing), Amin.

3 Likes

Re: ...... by Mikel99(m): 2:28pm On May 17, 2023
Will evil come back to your children if you do evil to another person children?
Can a person do evil and escape?
Re: ...... by Empiree: 8:22pm On May 21, 2023
Alhajiemeritus:
That's a deliberate misintrepretation of the Quran. He should have just said it and not rely on any ayah.
this is what I thought because since we do not have much record about Orunmila we can't be 100% accurate. Also one big mistake that Yorùbá Muslims and Christians make is that we assume some certain Yoruba historic figures, cultures, language, ewe and egbo etc are meant for traditionalists only. This is a very wrong concept.

But based on the Ayah of Qur'an, we can infer that Ustaz is not 100% wrong either. The only way to counter him is by bringing evidence to knock him out but unfortunately no Alfa is able to do that.. The traditionalists also confirm Orunmila was a messanger. If that's the case, then he couldn't have been idol worshipper. What happened could have been what happened to Jesus. That's, the same way Christians misconstrued his message is the same way traditionalists got it wrong about Orunmila.

Let me also take you to Dr Zakir Naik when he debated Hindus. He always used their books and proved from there that their spiritual figures in their books are prophets or wali but Hindus distorted their message.

Speaking of Yorùbá, all tribes in the world have already been created before Nabi Muhammad (saw) based on the said Ayah. They might just have been detected then just like through the entire time the prophet lived, through sahaba, tabin etc they did not see the dead body of firaun. They only read and believed what Allah said about him that he's in the sea. Same thing applied to all tribes. In that case, it was possible that Yorùbá had their prophet. The problem Yorùbá have is they only have oral tradition and nothing was written until after colonizers came and gave us our own history.

So personally I won't discard Ustaz's view. We definitely had our prophet. Prophets were not restricted to middle east. Remember Allah said, some messangers He informed Anobi Muhammad. Some messangers He did not (because they aren't that important). We can only research and know about them for educational purposes.

4 Likes

Re: ...... by Empiree: 8:27pm On May 21, 2023
movado19:

Thank you so much.

It's a wonder to me when I hear stories of how the parents who are strong Muslims give in and say that it is their child's destiny to be so and that there are many rivers flowing into the ocean.

The people who convert do say that their not heeding the call leads to losses, constraints, headaches, restlessness, etc, and after taking up the call, life becomes peaceful for them.

May Allah bless us all with the inner eyes to see things as they really are, Amin.

shaytan will discard them when he's done with them

1 Like

Re: ...... by Empiree: 8:29pm On May 21, 2023
Ajibbbbbb:
assalamu alaykum sir. for Allah's Sake, reply my messages
walaikun salaam. been busy. As you can see I have not been around here either.
Re: ...... by Ajibbbbbb: 4:41pm On May 22, 2023
Empiree:
thanks for this sir. l will be expecting the main replies, whenever you are free sir. Jazaka Allahu khoyran
Re: ...... by movado19: 1:43pm On May 26, 2023
Salam Alaikum and Jumma Mubarak to everyone of you.
I pray that you are in the best of health and vitality.

I have two questions concerning Tariqas which is:

Why - to the best of your knowledge - do you think there are so many Tariqas around and more seem to spring up?

I personally have noticed that some of them say that they are strictly focused on Ihsan while others are more about seeing visions of the prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Salam) and such...
Those who are focused on visions give a certain time and if you are not able to see these visions after your daily wird , you cannot officially take baya (allegiance) with the Sheikh or become a member, etc.
The ones I have spoken with all said they had the calling from Allah to start their Tariqa after they completed their spiritual wayfaring (suluk).

My follow-up question is:
Why can't/ don't they simply become part of a tariqa that is already established (hundreds of years old), etc , since we are all on the journey to Allah?

I sincerely want to know what others know or think based on proximity to any tariqa and so on.

Thank you.
Re: ...... by Musa95: 12:48am On May 31, 2023
Please what is your take on Egbe and Elegbe Emere? How can one destroy this pact? And spirit lover jinn, how can it be destroyed?

I know a sister who is being troubled by jinn. It disturbs her a lot. Some traditional people have told her that she has a wicked Oko orun (jinn spirit husband from heaven) troubling her and that she is Emere and Elegbe Emere (spirit play mate or peers) is troubling her.

It made her poor and homeless. She can't get job and it makes people hate her for no reason. It also makes people in relationship with her to start misbehaving and hurt her. It caused trouble in her marriage and she had to divorce her husband because he became suddenly evil to her.

At a point she thought it is human that is a case of human souls possessing her. Like a witch possessing her like jinn. They are male and female jinn and appear to her in her dream. Very wicked and accuse her. The jinn call her a LovePeddler for marrying a physical husband.

It's crazy. This sister loves God but she has suffered so much. She is supposed to have a good life but she has been reduced to nothing. Now, some traditional people told her to take sacrifice to forest to settle her Elegbe emere and to kill a goat fo appease and separate from spirit jinn that claims to marry her.

She has been praying and things get better but she doesn't know how to close the opening through which the jinn keeps returning. When it separates from her, it will start appearing in her dreams to sleep with her and if it succeeds, no matter her prayer and zikir, she will return to back to starting point.
Re: ...... by movado19: 2:39pm On Jun 03, 2023
Musa95:
Please what is your take on Egbe and Elegbe Emere?

...you removed the narration about the lady... Why?
Re: ...... by Musa95: 5:24pm On Jun 03, 2023
movado19:

Salam alaikum. I felt it may be too much information.
Re: ...... by movado19: 6:00pm On Jun 03, 2023
Musa95:

Salam alaikum. I felt it may be too much information.

Wa Alaikum Salam.

I understand, though your narration helps to put things in proper context especially for anyone who'd want to respond with suggestions, etc., InshaAllah.
Re: ...... by Musa95: 2:27pm On Jun 04, 2023
movado19:

movado19:

Wa Alaikum Salam.

I understand, though your narration helps to put things in proper context especially for anyone who'd want to respond with suggestions, etc., InshaAllah.

I have done that, jazakallah khairan.

1 Like

Re: ...... by Musa95: 9:54pm On Jun 07, 2023
movado19:

Wa Alaikum Salam.

Assalamualaikum waramatullah wa barakatuh. Please you tried to send me an email but I didn't hear from you again. I would appreciate your reply. Jazakallah khairan
Re: ...... by movado19: 11:37pm On Jun 07, 2023
Musa95:

Assalamualaikum waramatullah wa barakatuh. Please you tried to send me an email but I didn't hear from you again. I would appreciate your reply. Jazakallah khairan

Wa Alaikum Salam.

You'll have to reply the email to enable future exchange.
Re: ...... by Musa95: 2:00am On Jun 08, 2023
movado19:

Wa Alaikum Salam.

You'll have to reply the email to enable future exchange.

I have replied already
Re: ...... by Alhajiemeritus: 9:04am On Jun 21, 2023
It's better to kill/eliminate the jinns than begging them through that Eru Egbe stuff. Its not an Easy thing. Maybe the sister can locate Ben Halima's students in Nigeria. Ben Halima is in Algeria. I would have suggested him.
Musa95:
Please what is your take on Egbe and Elegbe Emere? How can one destroy this pact? And spirit lover jinn, how can it be destroyed?

I know a sister who is being troubled by jinn. It disturbs her a lot. Some traditional people have told her that she has a wicked Oko orun (jinn spirit husband from heaven) troubling her and that she is Emere and Elegbe Emere (spirit play mate or peers) is troubling her.

It made her poor and homeless. She can't get job and it makes people hate her for no reason. It also makes people in relationship with her to start misbehaving and hurt her. It caused trouble in her marriage and she had to divorce her husband because he became suddenly evil to her.

At a point she thought it is human that is a case of human souls possessing her. Like a witch possessing her like jinn. They are male and female jinn and appear to her in her dream. Very wicked and accuse her. The jinn call her a LovePeddler for marrying a physical husband.

It's crazy. This sister loves God but she has suffered so much. She is supposed to have a good life but she has been reduced to nothing. Now, some traditional people told her to take sacrifice to forest to settle her Elegbe emere and to kill a goat fo appease and separate from spirit jinn that claims to marry her.

She has been praying and things get better but she doesn't know how to close the opening through which the jinn keeps returning. When it separates from her, it will start appearing in her dreams to sleep with her and if it succeeds, no matter her prayer and zikir, she will return to back to starting point.

1 Like

Re: ...... by Ajibbbbbb: 12:20pm On Jul 03, 2023
Empiree:

May Allaau make lt posslble soon
Re: ...... by Empiree: 3:48pm On Jul 04, 2023
Ajibbbbbb:

May Allaau make lt posslble soon
I thought I replied?. There are several messages from NL that I replied. I really can't focus on specific people in my busy schedule but I don't know if you are amongst the people I replied
Re: ...... by Empiree: 4:06pm On Jul 04, 2023
movado19:
Salam Alaikum and Jumma Mubarak to everyone of you.
I pray that you are in the best of health and vitality.

I have two questions concerning Tariqas which is:

Why - to the best of your knowledge - do you think there are so many Tariqas around and more seem to spring up?

I personally have noticed that some of them say that they are strictly focused on Ihsan while others are more about seeing visions of the prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Salam) and such...
Those who are focused on visions give a certain time and if you are not able to see these visions after your daily wird , you cannot officially take baya (allegiance) with the Sheikh or become a member, etc.
The ones I have spoken with all said they had the calling from Allah to start their Tariqa after they completed their spiritual wayfaring (suluk).

My follow-up question is:
Why can't/ don't they simply become part of a tariqa that is already established (hundreds of years old), etc , since we are all on the journey to Allah?

I sincerely want to know what others know or think based on proximity to any tariqa and so on.

Thank you.

walaikun salaam,

For me, I am not into taqriqa nor do I condemn them either. This is simply for personal reasons and my upbringing.

Now, speaking of numerous taqriqat that sprang up up, all I can say about them is about competition sometimes. "We want to be better than the other" and there is nothing wrong with this in as much there is iklas. Quran itself says "race in doing good deeds". Q23:61, Q2:149.

Even alhusunnah waljamah or salafiya is a tariqa whether they deny it or not. Tariqat help some Muslims and they shouldn't be condemned. The purpose of Tariqat is also about bringing Muslims together. But if this purpose is not achieved then, there is no point in them. If Tariqat are all about causing schism, then this purpose I won't even recommend. This seems to be what's happening in Yorùbáland with different tariqat having sectarian issues and none of them is worried when Allah or is messanger is mocked. But when their Alfa or sheikh is abused, mocked or defamed, they flock social media and start causing nuisance.

And yes, all tariqat, including Tariqat Tijjaniya, Qudiriya, salafiya etc focus on the same goal.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (Reply)

Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station / Cute and Romantic Photos Of Muslim Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.