Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:22 AM

Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? (5523 Views)

Hillsong Worship Leader Denounces His Faith As Christian, Says I’m Genuinely Los / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion / DARE: No Christian Has Faith As Small As Mustard Seed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by hopefulLandlord: 5:00pm On Feb 20, 2017
jonbellion:
wow Sean carrol debates
I usually just watch his physics and cosmology videos. I didn't know he when had time
William Craig is fond of strawmanning his opponents arguements

he met someone he can't possibly strawman, he could've done a better job if he had the opportunity to bring up other arguments like Moral etc but the debate was pure cosmology and WLC just looked stupid there; its like Buhari debating Computer Science with Bill Gates grin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by jonbellion(m): 7:37pm On Feb 20, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

There are NO good arguments for theism that's not self refuting or not involving leap of faith or not jumping several hoops or not commuting lots of fallacies on the way

That's why theists (especially those on Nairaland) claim they argue for theism but a simple look shows they're actually arguing for deism
lol the last time KingEbukasBlog tried arguing for monotheism solely we all know how it ended
*cough* portal

2 Likes

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by 4kings: 8:13pm On Feb 20, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

I've always posted Stephen Hawkins lecture on Time to the deluded atheists who believe the universe could be eternal . Hawkins adduced some many reasons why the universe has a beginning and the most cogent is that physical laws show that the universe has a beginning indeed but they fail to show the universe began - this is what scientists are focused on : how the universe began . Like I always say, the answer to Hawkins conundrum - there was no time for God to create the universe since Time is only defined in the universe - is that God was timeless without the universe and in time with the universe . God became temporal when It caused the universe to exist . Or you could dwell on Newtons view that God has been with time infinitely.

Even physicist and cosmologist Sean Carrol has acknowledged that the universe had a beginning , every respectable scientist does - no matter your beliefs as a theist , atheist etc . Teempakguy seems to be a huge fan of Lawrence Krauss who believes the universe came from nothing but till now he has shown us what nothingness looks like or how he examined it . Or even where physical laws came from . There are lots of problems with Lawrences beliefs . You can check them out in physicist David Albert 's scathing review of Krauss' book ' A universe from Nothing ' on New York Times .

Quantum theory does not prove the universe Is eternal I wonder why few atheists believe it does - obviously they are misinformed about that. The eternal universe is an idea that has no reasonable basis . It was a belief held strongly by the atheist Charvaka school of philosophy . They claim that the creator is not eternal , the universe is . The whole idea was formed out of ignorance , no wonder every effort to prove the universe is eternal has been futile .

The material universe is suspectible to change and change is due to causality , since infinite regress of causes is impossible , the universe cannot be eternal . There are so many other reasons that prove that it isn't impossible for the universe to eternal .

Even the multiverse theory has no basis in reality . The idea was gotten from fiction , comic books . I'm serious , if you doubt this , look it up .No dearth of evidence supports it either .

But of course , there is no rationale behind atheism- it is not based on science or cosmology or anything . Ignorant atheists are the ones trying to attach some sort of rationale to it when obviously there isn't .

I study the ideas of great minds who existed centuries ago about God and I try to incorporate their views with mine that's all . I visit WLC's site almost every time to learn and know about these great minds and their views . You could learn a lot even as a deist . There is so much to learn about theism , deism but never for atheism . It was founded out of ignorance and false perception .

what do you think about this:
http://www.hawking.org.uk/the-origin-of-the-universe.html
https://phys.org/news/2015-02-big-quantum-equation-universe.html
Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by MrPRevailer(m): 8:28pm On Feb 20, 2017
Lucario007

Hi, merely confessing Jesus is not enough. You need to follow Jesus.

And the best place is where you can see miracle of God happening. It will always encourage and supercharge you in challenging times. My Church is a church indeed. I concur with you want you said about churches. But my Church is different.

Headed by a Selfless Pastor, endowed with so much powers. You'll will marvel greatly.

Also I have important videos to share with you that will seal/stamp Evolution out of your life. And take you deep in the knowledge of God's word. Science facts. You'll learn many interesting things.

Whatsap me.
Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by nightingalee: 12:18am On Feb 21, 2017
Jeromejnr:

Certainly u dont know what love is and who Buddha is.

Peace is different from love.

There is peace dat is based on selfishness. I.e I dont want no body's trouble so I can be at rest with myself.

We talking love for all humanity. love dat brings about sacrifice and a desire to see d best expectations come out in every single person on earth.

Btw, Love is not d absence of wrath or punishment for stubborn hearted people. For why will one punish his child when he does wrong?

Does he not do it cause he loves his child?

Or supposing you had five children and one has decided to go astray in manner of life and never come back to his senses, wont u still punish dat one so d rest can learn what is right and dat you are not in any way in fovor of the unrepentant Child's way of life?

... It is easy to represent things as we wish them to be; Correction is best instilled by love, and nothing less.
Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by ValentineMary(m): 12:50am On Feb 21, 2017
I actually wanted to ignore this thread since it's the first topic I was mentioned since my absence from nairaland for several months but I just want to get something straight.

Atheism is not mentioned to do anything for u. That's the hard truth. It opens us to the harsh reality of our existence with nothing to comfort us. It does not sell placebo to make us feel better, neither does it give us lie to give us an illusion of purpose. Rather it hits us with the very hard truth which most people can't bear. We are alone here undecided

2 Likes

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:29am On Feb 21, 2017
AnonyNymous:
KingEbukasBlog

Cab you defend Christianity this way? Just asking. What religion are you now? Because when you try to speak against atheism you bring out all sorts of information but none of them make sense in the Christian world

Of course , I can defend Christianity in what ever way . And I'm still a Christian . You can ask me questions here : https://www.nairaland.com/3220590/questions-god-bible-christianity-bring

You can list of things you think don't make sense in the Christian world

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 21, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

I've always posted Stephen Hawkins lecture on Time to the deluded atheists who believe the universe could be eternal . Hawkins adduced some many reasons why the universe has a beginning and the most cogent is that physical laws show that the universe has a beginning indeed but they fail to show the universe began - this is what scientists are focused on : how the universe began . Like I always say, the answer to Hawkins conundrum - there was no time for God to create the universe since Time is only defined in the universe - is that God was timeless without the universe and in time with the universe . God became temporal when It caused the universe to exist . Or you could dwell on Newtons view that God has been with time infinitely.

Even physicist and cosmologist Sean Carrol has acknowledged that the universe had a beginning , every respectable scientist does - no matter your beliefs as a theist , atheist etc . Teempakguy seems to be a huge fan of Lawrence Krauss who believes the universe came from nothing but till now he has not shown us what nothingness looks like or how he examined it . Or even where physical laws came from . There are lots of problems with Lawrences beliefs . You can check them out on physicist David Albert 's scathing review of Krauss' book ' A universe from Nothing ' on New York Times .

Quantum theory does not prove the universe Is eternal I wonder why few atheists believe it does - obviously they are misinformed about that. The eternal universe is an idea that has no reasonable basis . It was a belief held strongly by the atheist Charvaka school of philosophy . They claim that the creator is not eternal , the universe is . The whole idea was formed out of ignorance , no wonder every effort to prove the universe is eternal has been futile .

The material universe is suspectible to change and change is due to causality , since infinite regress of causes is impossible , the universe cannot be eternal . There are so many other reasons that prove that it isn't impossible for the universe to eternal .

Even the multiverse theory has no basis in reality . The idea was gotten from fiction , comic books . I'm serious , if you doubt this , look it up .No dearth of evidence supports it either .

But of course , there is no rationale behind atheism- it is not based on science or cosmology or anything . Ignorant atheists are the ones trying to attach some sort of rationale to it when obviously there isn't .

I study the ideas of great minds who existed centuries ago about God and I try to incorporate their views with mine that's all . I visit WLC's site almost every time to learn and know about these great minds and their views . You could learn a lot even as a deist . There is so much to learn about theism , deism but never for atheism . It was founded out of ignorance and false perception .
If the universe had a beginning, what was around before this happened?

I say Nothing.
you say God.

Every argument and quarrel we have ever had on this forum is due to this difference in our premises and we will forever continue to argue until one of us can prove without a shadow of doubt that the other is wrong.

Meanwhile, I've decided to invest my intellectual energy in other things, so keep at it.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by analice107: 7:20pm On Feb 21, 2017
Lucario007:
If it were that easy, I wouldn't be asking it here.
It is that easy.
Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by enshy: 6:41am On Mar 05, 2017
Lucario007:
I've been an atheist for a while, and at first, I was the angry sort who went around discrediting religion and arguing with the Jehovah's Witnesses that dared step foot on my door.
Then I became more relaxed, open to other peoples opinion and accepting that they have the right to maintain their own personal convictions, as long as they didn't try to shove it down my throat.

Now though, I realize that being an atheist in a society like Nigeria hasn't helped me accomplish anything. Other than arguing and trying to rationalize with Christians, of what use isn't grander scale of disbelief?
Yes, I am aware of the wonderfully corrupt preachers who utilize the gulibility of Christians to enrich their pockets, but other than arguing about it with people who will condemn and insult me for trying to open their eyes, it has helped me accomplish nothing.

In the end, I sat down and asked myself, what if THEY were right all along, what if in this grand universe to which we are an insignificant speck, there IS a God?

To the atheists like Seun, just for one instance, throw aside your unrational disbelief, because if anything is possible, think about what it would mean if there really is a being higher than what we can fathom that lives in existence?

And so I find myself here, asking if it is possible to regain my faith. I have said and seen and written so many things considered blasphemous, but now, I want to correct this flaw in my thinking.

So I ask, how do I regain my faith in God? How do I go back to believing once more?
I see you want to run from the wrath to come!
Run to Jesus! He loves and will help.
Please this thread wont help, the master the devil will set the e-demons on loose....The insane/fools (for so the Bible calls them) that say 'there is no God'..Flee from them, dont associate with them. Pls go to the nearest believing church and seek counselling!
God is waiting for you!
Here you will get devilish counsels: you may be left in doubt!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Are You Worshipping Today? Am OFM -HQ / Can a Christian go to The Mosque? / Divisions & Classifications Of Bible Books

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.