Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? (5526 Views)

Hillsong Worship Leader Denounces His Faith As Christian, Says I’m Genuinely Los / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion / DARE: No Christian Has Faith As Small As Mustard Seed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Feb 18, 2017
peacesamuel94:
When a Christian turns atheist, Atheists accuse other Christians of claiming that the latter was not a true Christian.
Its funny to see atheists doing exactly the same thing here.
Actually I was marvelled too when I saw lepasharon's comment about saying, "he was never an atheist".

Funny tho.
Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by lepasharon(f): 10:07pm On Feb 18, 2017
adepeter26:

Actually I was marvelled too when I saw lepasharon's comment about saying, "he was never an atheist".

Funny tho.

Huh when did I say that
Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Feb 18, 2017
frank317:

You must be a clown... so you were expecting a realization that Gods were not real would grant you more blessings and free goodie goodie? Go back to church and pay your tithe, maybe Jehovah will open the gates of heavens and shower u will blessings
cheesy cheesy
Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Feb 18, 2017
lepasharon:

Huh when did I say that
Maybe I misunderstood ya comment wink tongue
Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by hopefulLandlord: 10:45am On Feb 19, 2017
frank317:

You must be a clown... so you were expecting a realization that Gods were not real would grant you more blessings and free goodie goodie? Go back to church and pay your tithe, maybe Jehovah will open the gates of heavens and shower u will blessings

Hehehehehehehehe OP is just going through a tough time

1 Like

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by lepasharon(f): 11:38am On Feb 19, 2017
adepeter26:

Maybe I misunderstood ya comment wink tongue
tongue
Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by Zodiac61(m): 11:50am On Feb 19, 2017
People are entitled to change their minds no matter how silly the reason.
If you feel you require a comfort blanket, that is your problem.
All I say is congratulations to the poster for showing your insecurities.
Good luck in your future career as a theist.
Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by Justmeal: 1:50pm On Feb 19, 2017
Demigods666:
Don't mind all these xtians.

Come to satanism. The original religion on man kind, elevate your soul and be the God you are. Don't be slave to any God by worshipping them, the xtian Yahweh is nothing but a blood thirsty god who has no power,all xtian foundation is built on lie and deception with things stolen from the pagan religion. Xtianity has nothing of its own. Just a new religion trying to dominate the world. Be wise.

Don't be like all these gullible people here who don't want to see the truth.
From frying pan to fire.....

Oh how I love Jesus Christ! Lucifer fears that name ehn!
Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by toslex00001: 3:50pm On Feb 19, 2017
Lucario007:

If it were that easy, I wouldn't be asking it here.
ok first you have to believe that there is a Superior being the universe did not explode from nothing by nothing for nothing... {this is very logical } then you can look into a religion... But first just look at the logic one step at a time ... Don't use any religion for now
Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by Seun(m): 9:06pm On Feb 19, 2017
HenryDion:
Irrespective of the knowledge I have acquired. Irrespective of how hard I have tried to disapprove God, something in me keep drawing me to the supernatural. Seun, deep down, you know the truth.
This is the power of childhood indoctrination. Things you were taught as a kid just feel so right and normal somehow. That's how it works.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:59am On Feb 20, 2017
Seun:

This is the power of childhood indoctrination. Things you were taught as a kid just feel so right and normal somehow. That's how it works.

Nope . He has realized how foolish the decision to become an atheist is and has decided to do the wise thing .

Sorry mister fictitious eternal universe . I'm opening a thread soon to show you where that ridiculous belief came from and why nontheistic religions like Jainism hold such beliefs too .

Most Atheists like Seun strongly believe the universe is eternal that's why they believe the theists are wrong even though science disproves them .

There is no rationale behind atheism : It is not based on cosmology , it is not based on science , it is not based anything . When will you ever realize how idiotic atheism is ?

So why I wonder where this strong conviction that you are right and the audacity to think it is wrong to acknowledge the most rational position on God's existence which is theism or deism came from ?

The OP has come to realization of the truth and is seeking to be manumitted from mental slavery . He does not want to commit suicide ! Let him be !

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by randomperson: 7:34am On Feb 20, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Nope . He has realized how foolish the decision to become an atheist is and has decided to do the wise thing .

Sorry mister fictitious eternal universe . I'm opening a thread soon to show you where that ridiculous belief came from and why nontheistic religions like Jainism hold such beliefs too .

Most Atheists like Seun strongly believe the universe is eternal that's why they believe the theists are wrong even though science disproves them .

There is no rationale behind atheism : It is not based on cosmology , it is not based on science , it is not based anything . When will you ever realize how idiotic atheism is ?

So why I wonder where this strong conviction that you are right and the audacity to think it is wrong to acknowledge the most rational position on God's existence which is theism or deism came from ?

The OP has come to realization of the truth and is seeking to be manumitted from mental slavery . He does not want to commit suicide ! Let him be !

This is pure tomfoolery... Atheism and the concept of an eternal universe are not one and the same thing in the first place. While there is still no evidence that the universe was created, a created universe still doesn't prove the existence of God in any way...
Atheism is simply lack of belief in the existence of a god. It's rational and logical since there is no evidence of a god.
And your desperate attempts to equate deism and theism is humorous and pathetic at the same time. They are very different concepts but it seems you have to attach deism to give your position any validity.

2 Likes

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by Nobody: 7:57am On Feb 20, 2017
Lucario007

No religion is supposed to do anything for you. If it does, then something is wrong somewhere. Athiesm isn't supposed to do anything for you either. In fact, being an atheist is supposed to make you recognize that you have to pick up your boots and go do stuff by yourself

1 Like

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by hopefulLandlord: 8:26am On Feb 20, 2017
randomperson:

This is pure tomfoolery... Atheism and the concept of an eternal universe are not one and the same thing in the first place. While there is still no evidence that the universe was created, a created universe still doesn't prove the existence of God in any way...
Atheism is simply lack of belief in the existence of a god. It's rational and logical since there is no evidence of a god.
And your desperate attempts to equate deism and theism is humorous and pathetic at the same time. They are very different concepts but it seems you have to attach deism to give your position any validity.

the problem Kingebukasblog aka WLC wannabe is that he's bombarded himself with debates about WLC who uses KLC, Finetuning Moral......arguments a lot in his debates

I decided to start watching the Guy's debates lately and he usually gets the opponents
tongue tied through all but one of these arguments with his mishmash

I then decided to check out his argument with Carroll, who's a cosmologist but also an atheist and the debate was entirely on Cosmology, nothing more

WLC and his Kalam was totally destroyed in that debate, it was so Pathetic for WLC that by the middle he had exhausted all his point because Carroll had already destroyed them

WLC was now left with repeating "My opponent is saying the universe popped out of nothing"; Carroll then made it clear that he never made no such claim but Craig had no choice than to keep bringing it up, it was a pitiable sight even for Christians, I then realised WLC's KCA is not as sound as people once thought

WLC again brought up the talk about someone's model (he left out the part about that model being just one out of thousands) being the best model and that it proves god because it had a beginning; Sean Carroll however had already done his homework by tracking the maker of the model down, discussing the eternal/non eternal universe with him, and this guy ended up admitting he doesn't know if the universe had a beginning; Sean Carroll then put up a picture of WLC's last hope holding a message that he doesn't know if the universe had a beginning or not

there goes all his Finetuning, ontological, Kalam

how about his moral argument?

I watched a debate between him and a Morality professor who's an atheist Shelly Kagan and WLC also lost to him and guess what, that's the person's first debate!!

basically what Craig does is to use different arguments, mishmash them and present them knowing he can bullsheeet his way through because you're not an expert in all the field of each of the argument

it's like me arguing Sikhism, Buddhism, Robotics deeply with a person who's only expertise is planting crops and harvesting

so when he realises his opponent can't refute 2 or more of the arguments he's presented, he'll then magnify them in the cross-examination, keep magnifying them till the debate ends and people think he's won

no doubt Craig has the right to bring them up but looking at the fact that he usually loses when he comes up with just one argument against an expert, its safe to say none of his arguments are sound

Back to KCA: How do you get from the God who created the Universe to the one who is worried about the skin on the tip of my Dick?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:34am On Feb 20, 2017
AnonyNymous:
Lucario007

No religion is supposed to do anything for you. If it does, then something is wrong somewhere. Athiesm isn't supposed to do anything for you either. In fact, being an atheist is supposed to make you recognize that you have to pick up your boots and go do stuff by yourself

Oh my brother . I think you got it wrong . In nontheistic religions like Confucianism which atheists can belong to , prayers are made to ancestral spirits to help them especially in the family's fortunes . Some Deists don't believe in a personal God and they don't seek God's intervention . Atheist witches make prayers to the elements of nature and spirits .

Don't be befuddled by the ramblings of ignorant Nairaland atheists . Prayer is a means of communication , but to who ? The more knowledge one discovers , the more vapid and empty atheism becomes .
Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by Nobody: 8:50am On Feb 20, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Oh my brother . I think you got it wrong . In nontheistic religions like Confucianism which atheists can belong to , prayers are made to ancestral spirits to help them especially in the family's fortunes . Some Desists don't believe in a personal God and they don't seek God's intervention . Atheist witches make prayers to the elements of nature and spirits .

Don't be befuddled by the ramblings of ignorant Nairaland atheists . Prayer is a means of communication , but to who ? The more knowledge one discovers , the more vapid and empty atheism becomes .
Yes, as a Deist, I believe everything the universe and it inhabitants need have already been put in place. Including 'source' which you could call a 'supernatural power' that can be channeled for good and evil. Not that Source can directly affect the physical, but through a human being it can magnify his intentions/actions to do something to the physical, whether good or bad. And prayers are simply asking for recognition of what to do with Source power that will be most beneficial to them and mankind in their current incarnation. Enough about me.

You are not wrong, but I know that the majority of the atheists here are also non religious. Those are the atheists I was talking about and I also believe the op was a non religious atheist

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by randomperson: 8:52am On Feb 20, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Oh my brother . I think you got it wrong . In nontheistic religions like Confucianism which atheists can belong to , prayers are made to ancestral spirits to help them especially in the family's fortunes . Some Desists don't believe in a personal God and they don't seek God's intervention . Atheist witches make prayers to the elements of nature and spirits .

Well... Too bad actual statistics don't support your bogus claims.
Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:56am On Feb 20, 2017
randomperson:

Well... Too bad actual statistics don't support your bogus claims.

Statistics? What stastics ?

You are an atheist because you are ignorant . That's a fact bro .
Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:59am On Feb 20, 2017
AnonyNymous:

Yes, as a Deist, I believe everything the universe and it inhabitants need have already been put in place. Including 'source' which you could call a 'supernatural power' that can be channeled for good and evil. Not that Source can directly affect the physical, but through a human being it can magnify his intentions/actions to do something to the physical, whether good or bad. And prayers are simply asking for recognition of what to do with Source power that will be most beneficial to them and mankind in their current incarnation. Enough about me.

Interesting hypothesis . So you saying God does not actually intervene but it seems like he does ?

You are not wrong, but I know that the majority of the atheists here are also non religious. Those are the atheists I was talking about and I also believe the op was a non religious atheist

Ok then . If that's the case , you are right .

1 Like

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by Nobody: 9:07am On Feb 20, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Interesting hypothesis . So you saying God does not actually intervene but it seems like he does ?

Ok then . If that's the case , you are right .
Yup, that's what I think. I don't think God is some guy that will sit down and have a cup of tea with you. I think God is impersonal, and doesn't interfere with the universe. Instead of cutting up the plantain for you he/it has already left the knife on the table and you can use it cut plantain or stab someone. But all actions have consequences and karma is intricately woven into the fabric of the universe. So whatever you do, you will receive it too. . .even if its not in this same incarnation. And, the magnitude of what you will receive depends on your current state of mind/being at the time
Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by randomperson: 10:47am On Feb 20, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Statistics? What stastics ?

You are an atheist because you are ignorant . That's a fact bro .
Well... Newsflash- facts can be proven. You haven't proven the validity of that statement. U making mere assertions and calling them fact is really not different from what market women and drunks in beer parlors do

1 Like

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by 4kings: 11:51am On Feb 20, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Hmmm, the universe not being eternal is not an established FACT,(like you think), but not an invalid notion however.
With Einstein's general theory of relativity(coupled with new quantum equations), TIME is defined only within the Universe. I read about this in one of Hawking's lectures, therefore inquiring of a Time before the universe is irrelevant.

I don't understand the math very well yet but from few articles i've read, someone saying the universe is eternal(as an hypothesis) does not make the person stupid.

This new quantum equation are not so much in agreement with the Big Bang singularity and Big Crunch(end of the universe).

MrMontella Johnydon22 SirWere Teempakguy and ValentineMary can you shed more light on this.
Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Feb 20, 2017
just keep reading arguments against atheism over and over again. anything you repeat to yourself begins to sound true eventually.

4kings, leave ebuka alone in his delusion.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by 4kings: 12:03pm On Feb 20, 2017
Teempakguy:
just keep reading arguments against atheism over and over again. anything you repeat to yourself begins to sound true eventually.

4kings, leave ebuka alone in his delusion.
grin grin
Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:22pm On Feb 20, 2017
4kings:

Hmmm, the universe not being eternal is not an established FACT,(like you think), but not an invalid notion however.
With Einstein's general theory of relativity(coupled with new quantum equations), TIME is defined only within the Universe. I read about this in one of Hawking's lectures, therefore inquiring of a Time before the universe is irrelevant.

I don't understand the math very well yet but from few articles i've read, someone saying the universe is eternal(as an hypothesis) does not make the person stupid.

This new quantum equation are not so much in agreement with the Big Bang singularity and Big Crunch(end of the universe).

MrMontella Johnydon22 SirWere Teempakguy and ValentineMary can you shed more light on this.

I've always posted Stephen Hawkins lecture on Time to the deluded atheists who believe the universe could be eternal . Hawkins adduced some many reasons why the universe has a beginning and the most cogent is that physical laws show that the universe has a beginning indeed but they fail to show the universe began - this is what scientists are focused on : how the universe began . Like I always say, the answer to Hawkins conundrum - there was no time for God to create the universe since Time is only defined in the universe - is that God was timeless without the universe and in time with the universe . God became temporal when It caused the universe to exist . Or you could dwell on Newtons view that God has been with time infinitely.

Even physicist and cosmologist Sean Carrol has acknowledged that the universe had a beginning , every respectable scientist does - no matter your beliefs as a theist , atheist etc . Teempakguy seems to be a huge fan of Lawrence Krauss who believes the universe came from nothing but till now he has not shown us what nothingness looks like or how he examined it . Or even where physical laws came from . There are lots of problems with Lawrences beliefs . You can check them out on physicist David Albert 's scathing review of Krauss' book ' A universe from Nothing ' on New York Times .

Quantum theory does not prove the universe Is eternal I wonder why few atheists believe it does - obviously they are misinformed about that. The eternal universe is an idea that has no reasonable basis . It was a belief held strongly by the atheist Charvaka school of philosophy . They claim that the creator is not eternal , the universe is . The whole idea was formed out of ignorance , no wonder every effort to prove the universe is eternal has been futile .

The material universe is suspectible to change and change is due to causality , since infinite regress of causes is impossible , the universe cannot be eternal . There are so many other reasons that prove that it isn't impossible for the universe to eternal .

Even the multiverse theory has no basis in reality . The idea was gotten from fiction , comic books . I'm serious , if you doubt this , look it up .No dearth of evidence supports it either .

But of course , there is no rationale behind atheism- it is not based on science or cosmology or anything . Ignorant atheists are the ones trying to attach some sort of rationale to it when obviously there isn't .

I study the ideas of great minds who existed centuries ago about God and I try to incorporate their views with mine that's all . I visit WLC's site almost every time to learn and know about these great minds and their views . You could learn a lot even as a deist . There is so much to learn about theism , deism but never for atheism . It was founded out of ignorance and false perception .

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:34pm On Feb 20, 2017
AnonyNymous:

Yup, that's what I think. I don't think God is some guy that will sit down and have a cup of tea with you. I think God is impersonal, and doesn't interfere with the universe. Instead of cutting up the plantain for you he/it has already left the knife on the table and you can use it cut plantain or stab someone. But all actions have consequences and karma is intricately woven into the fabric of the universe. So whatever you do, you will receive it too. . .even if its not in this same incarnation. And, the magnitude of what you will receive depends on your current state of mind/being at the time

Well it looks like you accepted the teachings of Buddha . Have you asked yourself how Buddha acquired the knowledge he peddled during his time ? And how do you think he got it ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Feb 20, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Well it looks like you accepted the teachings of Buddha . Have you asked yourself how Buddha acquired the knowledge he peddled during his time ? And how do you think he got it ?
Didn't get this from Buddha but that's interesting. I'll look into it
Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by jonbellion(m): 2:15pm On Feb 20, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

the problem Kingebukasblog aka WLC wannabe is that he's bombarded himself with debates about WLC who uses KLC, Finetuning Moral......arguments a lot in his debates

I decided to start watching the Guy's debates lately and he usually gets the opponents
tongue tied through all but one of these arguments with his mishmash

I then decided to check out his argument with Carroll, who's a cosmologist but also an atheist and the debate was entirely on Cosmology, nothing more

WLC and his Kalam was totally destroyed in that debate, it was so Pathetic for WLC that by the middle he had exhausted all his point because Carroll had already destroyed them

WLC was now left with repeating "My opponent is saying the universe popped out of nothing"; Carroll then made it clear that he never made no such claim but Craig had no choice than to keep bringing it up, it was a pitiable sight even for Christians, I then realised WLC's KCA is not as sound as people once thought

WLC again brought up the talk about someone's model (he left out the part about that model being just one out of thousands) being the best model and that it proves god because it had a beginning; Sean Carroll however had already done his homework by tracking the maker of the model down, discussing the eternal/non eternal universe with him, and this guy ended up admitting he doesn't know if the universe had a beginning; Sean Carroll then put up a picture of WLC's last hope holding a message that he doesn't know if the universe had a beginning or not

there goes all his Finetuning, ontological, Kalam

how about his moral argument?

I watched a debate between him and a Morality professor who's an atheist Shelly Kagan and he also lost to him and guess what, that's the person's first debate!!

basically what Craig does is to use different arguments, mishmash them and present them knowing he can bullsheeet his way through because you're not an expert in all the field of each of the argument

it's like me arguing Sikhism, Buddhism, Robotics deeply with a person who's only expertise is planting crops and harvesting

no doubt Craig has the right to bring them up but looking at the fact that he usually loses when he comes up with just one argument against an expert, its safe to say none of his arguments are sound

Back to KCA: How do you get from the God who created the Universe to the one who is worried about the skin on the tip of my Dick?
wow Sean carrol debates
I usually just watch his physics and cosmology videos. I didn't know he when had time
William Craig is fond of strawmanning his opponents arguements

1 Like

Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Feb 20, 2017
KingEbukasBlog

Cab you defend Christianity this way? Just asking. What religion are you now? Because when you try to speak against atheism you bring out all sorts of information but none of them make sense in the Christian world
Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 20, 2017
Justmeal:

From frying pan to fire.....

Oh how I love Jesus Christ! Lucifer fears that name ehn!

Ok bro
Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by oaroloye(m): 3:17pm On Feb 20, 2017
Lucario007:
I've been an atheist for a while...

Now though, I realize that being an atheist in a society like Nigeria hasn't helped me accomplish anything.

Imagine that.

Other than arguing and trying to rationalize with Christians, of what use isn't grander scale of disbelief?

When you think that arguing against the Existence of God is "grand," of course you will have problems.

I have never ever seen a "Grand" Argument against God; they have all been petty and silly.

Yes, I am aware of the wonderfully corrupt preachers who utilize the gulibility of Christians to enrich their pockets,

. MATTHEW 7:1-6.

"JUDGE not, that ye be not judged.
2. "For with what judgment ye judge,
ye shall be judged:
and with what measure ye mete,
it shall be measured to you again.
3. "And why beholdest thou the mote
that is in thy brother's eye,
but considerest not the beam
that is in thine own eye?
4. "Or how wilt thou say to thy brother,

'LET ME PULL OUT THE MOTE
OUT OF THINE EYE;'

and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5. "Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam
out of thine own eye;
and then shalt thou see clearly
to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
6. "Give not that which is holy unto the dogs,
neither cast ye your pearls before swine,
lest they trample them under their feet,
and turn again and rend you."

IF YOU THINK THAT THEY ARE CORRUPT, WHAT DO YOU THINK GOD THINKS?

What is YOUR business what someone calling themselves a "PASTOR" is doing?

Where did GOD authorize anyone to call themselves "PASTOR" and rule over other Christians?

What is that supposed to denote?

Your excuse for Sinning against God is that someone else Sinned against God?

How is that supposed to work?

Other people's Failures are not your business when you do not care about The Truth yourself.

but other than arguing about it with people who will condemn and insult me for trying to open their eyes, it has helped me accomplish nothing.

You were NEVER "opening" anyone's eyes. You were trying to close eyes.

You were trying to DECEIVE and DESTROY people.

That is what you were doing.

In the end, I sat down and asked myself, what if THEY were right all along, what if in this grand universe to which we are an insignificant speck, there IS a God?

WAIT- you mean that your argument against God HAD NO BASIS WHATSOEVER?

Did the basis DISAPPEAR some day, then you decided to accept the possible Existence of God?

YOU ARE THE "INSIGNIFCANT SPECK!" How DARE you INSULT the rest of us with OYINBO WICKED CONDESCENSION!

The Oyinbos use this evaluation to DESTROY SELF-ESTEEM, so that they can DOMINATE subdued minds.

EARTH IS NOT AN INSIGNIFCANT SPECK: It is THE LARGEST BODY IN THE VISIBLE UNIVERSE.

I mean, that this Universe is only about 10,000 miles in diameter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdXYMhN5YFM

(IT IS NO JOKE!)

The Oyinbo LUCIFERANS were LYING to us the whole time.

To the atheists like Seun, just for one instance, throw aside your unrational disbelief, because if anything is possible, think about what it would mean if there really is a being higher than what we can fathom that lives in existence?

"ANYTHING" IS NOT POSSIBLE: only what GOD PERMITS is possible.

And so I find myself here, asking if it is possible to regain my faith. I have said and seen and written so many things considered blasphemous, but now, I want to correct this flaw in my thinking.

You never had any FAITH to begin with: GET THAT STRAIGHT.

. NUMBERS 15:27-31.

27. "And if any soul sin through ignorance,
then he shall bring
a she goat of the first year
for a Sin offering.
28. "And the Priest shall make
an Atonement for the soul
that sinneth ignorantly,
when he sinneth by ignorance
before The LORD,
to make an Atonement for him;
and it shall be forgiven him.
29. "Ye shall have One Law
for him that sinneth through ignorance,
both for him that is
born among The Children of Israel,
and for the Stranger
that sojourneth among them.
30. "But the soul that doeth ought presumptuously,
whether he be born in the Land,
or a Stranger,
the same reproacheth the LORD;
and that soul shall be cut off
from among his people.
31. "Because he hath Despised
The Word of The LORD,
and hath Broken His Commandment,
that soul shall utterly be cut off;
his Iniquity shall be upon him."

. MATTHEW 12:30-32.

30. "He that is not with me is against me;
and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.
31. "Wherefore I say unto you,

'ALL MANNER OF SIN AND BLASPHEMY
SHALL BE FORGIVEN UNTO MEN:
BUT THE BLASPHEMY AGAINST THE HOLY GHOST
SHALL NOT BE FORGIVEN UNTO MEN.'

32. "And whosoever speaketh a word
against the Son of Man,
it shall be forgiven him:
but whosoever speaketh
against The Holy Ghost,
it shall not be forgiven him,
neither in this World,
neither in the World to come."

. MATTHEW 18:1-9.

AT the same time came the Disciples unto Jesus, saying,
"Who is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven?"
2. And Jesus called a little child unto him,
and set him in the midst of them,
3. And said,
"Verily I say unto you,

'EXCEPT YE BE CONVERTED,
AND BECOME AS LITTLE CHILDREN,
YE SHALL NOT ENTER INTO
THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.'

4. "Whosoever therefore shall
humble himself as this little child,
the same is greatest in The Kingdom of Heaven.
5. "And whoso shall receive
one such little child in my Name receiveth me.
6. "But whoso shall offend
one of these little ones
which believe in me,
it were better for him that a millstone
were hanged about his neck,
and that he were drowned in the Depth of the Sea.
7. "Woe unto the World because of offences!
for it must needs be that offences come;
but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!
8. "Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee,
cut them off,
and cast them from thee:
it is better for thee
to enter into life halt or maimed,
rather than having
two hands or two feet
to be cast into Everlasting Fire.
9. "And if thine eye offend thee,
pluck it out, and cast it from thee:
it is better for thee
to enter into Life with one eye,
rather than having two eyes
to be cast into Hell Fire."

THERE IS NO ATONEMENT FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE.

You have ATTACKED a Being who never did you any harm.

You have DESTROYED SOULS who never did you any harm.

NOW you say you want to INFILTRATE THE HOUSE OF GOD, because you were TIRED, and found that YOU WERE NOT GAINING ANYTHING- not because YOU BELIEVED THAT YOU HAD DONE WRONG.

God does not OWE you anything.

So I ask, how do I regain my faith in God? How do I go back to believing once more?

You do not BELIEVE anything about GOD, so who can help you?

Who should help one such as you, who betrayed The Creator and Innocent Fellow Humans for nothing but his own sport?

Only by HUMBLING YOURSELF as a LITTLE CHILD can you ENTER INTO The Kingdom of Heaven.

There are people who will TAKE YOUR MONEY to tell you that you have been accepted back by God, all-is-forgiven, etc. etc. - THAT IS NOT FOR THEM TO SAY. God has NO OBLIGATION to you at all!
Re: Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? by hopefulLandlord: 4:56pm On Feb 20, 2017
AnonyNymous:
KingEbukasBlog

Cab you defend Christianity this way? Just asking. What religion are you now? Because when you try to speak against atheism you bring out all sorts of information but none of them make sense in the Christian world

There are NO good arguments for theism that's not self refuting or not involving leap of faith or not jumping several hoops or not commuting lots of fallacies on the way

That's why theists (especially those on Nairaland) claim they argue for theism but a simple look shows they're actually arguing for deism

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Catholics Are Not Christians!! Get It Clear!!!!!!! Reasons Inside. / Tonye-t, How Did Jesus Restore What Was Lost By Adam ? / Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.