Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. (37520 Views)

Marine Engineers...lets Meet Here / Civil/ Structural Engineers, Lets Meet Here / Mud Engineers, Lets Talk Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Nobody: 11:43pm On Oct 28, 2012
Saintp: Hi Guys , please i need your advice on this.
Which relevant trainings and certification should i go for? Is it PDMS, Piping etc? Tanx.
Know your AutoCAD like the palms Of your hands. Learn a piping modelling software(different. Companies use different types)like PDMS,Smartplant, Autoplant etc. Just to mention a few.Get to know how to use& a piping stress analyses software(CAESER. II and the likes)learn how to draw and interprete PFDs and P&IDs lastly,learn the basics of piping and you are good to go. Thanks

1 Like

Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Nobody: 11:55pm On Oct 28, 2012
joey4jo: I open a thread a while back on this, but got little response. I thought there were no much people with the knowledge here, I guess I was wrong.
I also share the zeal that so many of you do, I searched through the internet high and low for PDMS and when I finally got it and downloaded it, it wasn't easy if I may add, it was close to 1.5GB. Anyways, downloaded and installed it, only to find out I could not run it, gave me some funny message.
Its says it was for my company, so I need to use a registerd system, its also talking about some flexMan stuff..
It take a screen shot ad attach it to this post. Maybe someone here can help me out.

I am now looking for solid works. Any infor would be of great help. Thanks..
PDMS has its installation technicalities version wise and operating system wise.
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by joey4jo: 10:23am On Oct 29, 2012
D.pinaku:

PDMS has its installation technicalities version wise and operating system wise.
So how do I solve my problem?
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 29, 2012
joey4jo: I open a thread a while back on this, but got little response. I thought there were no much people with the knowledge here, I guess I was wrong.
I also share the zeal that so many of you do, I searched through the internet high and low for PDMS and when I finally got it and downloaded it, it wasn't easy if I may add, it was close to 1.5GB. Anyways, downloaded and installed it, only to find out I could not run it, gave me some funny message.
Its says it was for my company, so I need to use a registerd system, its also talking about some flexMan stuff..
It take a screen shot ad attach it to this post. Maybe someone here can help me out.

I am now looking for solid works. Any infor would be of great help. Thanks..
which version did u download,
i currently have 12.6 sp25

and its working fully on windows 7.....
will take a screen shot later and post it
there is a work around for the activation...
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by joey4jo: 5:34pm On Oct 29, 2012
Kingsleyinfo:
which version did u download,
i currently have 12.6 sp25

and its working fully on windows 7.....
will take a screen shot later and post it
there is a work around for the activation...

Its a version 12.0 SP6
Did you also download yours?
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Nobody: 11:21pm On Oct 29, 2012
yes i did
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by eimuhb(f): 12:59pm On Oct 30, 2012
@joey4jo, The pdms I have is 11.6 version, though it was installed for me but If you follow the installation instructions you should be able to install it. It works only on windows XP, so U've to install 'VM Ware'.
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 30, 2012
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by joey4jo: 11:07am On Oct 31, 2012
Kingsleyinfo: yes i did
Do you mind? So I can also re-download? I really would appreciate.
eimuhb: @joey4jo, The pdms I have is 11.6 version, though it was installed for me but If you follow the installation instructions you should be able to install it. It works only on windows XP, so U've to install 'VM Ware'.
Thanks but ifind it very difficult and disturbing to use a software when I know there's a higher version. Nevertheless, if I don't get a solution, I think I'll just have to download it and instal the vm ware, thanks..
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 31, 2012
joey4jo:
Do you mind? So I can also re-download? I really would appreciate.

Thanks but ifind it very difficult and disturbing to use a software when I know there's a higher version. Nevertheless, if I don't get a solution, I think I'll just have to download it and instal the vm ware, thanks..

I will try and get the links to the file. its like it has been deleted
i got it from mediafire....
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by joey4jo: 4:13am On Nov 01, 2012
I wonder what he could have said for them to hide the post..
Hit me up on my email addy, nairaland has been somewhat of a disappointment lately.
Joey4jo@yahoo.com
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 01, 2012
joey4jo: I wonder what he could have said for them to hide the post..
Hit me up on my email addy, nairaland has been somewhat of a disappointment lately.
Joey4jo@yahoo.com
I wonder who Hid my posts...

these Nairaland Mods or whatever software they are using will become the death of this Site undecided undecided undecided

Rubbish...
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by joey4jo: 2:01am On Nov 02, 2012
Kingsleyinfo:
I wonder who Hid my posts...

these Nairaland Mods or whatever software they are using will become the death of this Site undecided undecided undecided

Rubbish...
I didn't get the mail.
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Nobody: 3:11am On Nov 04, 2012
Please am advised to learn PDMS, someone please help me with material n link to download the software my mail is
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Nobody: 7:57pm On Nov 04, 2012

1 Like

Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by icon2: 8:52pm On Nov 04, 2012
D.pinaku:

I would send you a few of my materials on Piping/PDMS.
Goodluck.

Please send me one too... gicon101 at yahoo.com ... thanks
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Nobody: 3:26am On Nov 05, 2012
D.pinaku:

Goodluck.

Thks God Bless U
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 05, 2012
]
Plz i hav nt seen it, dnt knw if u hav send anyway bt i jas wnt to b sure if there is any mix-up som where is d mail add
Thks

D.pinaku:

Goodluck.
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by member16: 9:19pm On Nov 05, 2012
Anybody with links to where I can download it please?
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Oluwaseun263: 5:29am On Nov 06, 2012
Please, where can i get PDMS software and reading manual? I wil tell my younger brother to hook up with anybody that could be of help...i am in the united states and the software is very expensive...
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Oluwaseun263: 5:34am On Nov 06, 2012
please can you send me the link of how you downloaded the pdms software..it is very expensive here in the united states..plss...please send the link to oluwaseun263@yahoo.com
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 07, 2012
anyone here who is in warri can holla, so that i can give them a copy.

mediafire is stoping me from sharing the files from my personal folder.
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 07, 2012
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by member16: 11:32am On Nov 10, 2012
Why are they always hidding the posts? What's there to hide?
Mods could you kindly let us know?
Its really staring to become annoying!

Sadikk99pyahoo.com
Anybody that has a link abeg
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 11, 2012
abyssone: I also know PDMS is not restricted to piping alone,but also HVAC,and Electrical.Though I'm only into the Piping and HVAC modules of it.

PDMS is actually a multi-disciplinary software. Apart from the PIPING and the HVAC that you mentioned, it can also be used in EQUIPMENT, CABLING SYSTEM and STRUCTURES. The structures application is particularly important because just like any other structures design tool, it can be used in areas like
* Beams and Columns
*Panels and Plates
*Walls and Floors
*Access way, Stairs and Ladders(ASL)

Less I forget, stuff like piping Isometrics and MTOs (Material Take Off) Readily come to mind. Theses can actually be done seamlessly and effortlessly by PDMS.
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by rhymz(m): 11:32am On Dec 07, 2012
This topic is a very important one that should feature on the homepage. I have been looking forward for a professional thread like this where professionals in the fields give tips on engineering careers and exchange ideas and experiences. Mod please do sth about getting it to the front page.

1 Like

Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Insanity(m): 7:38pm On Dec 07, 2012
Interesting thread. Am doing my P&ID, PDMS training right now. Please, i need materials on PDmS to go through, anyone dat can be of help should send it to my mail; juliusdubem@gmail.com, i got 11.6 version, so i install the very volatile VM ware, i need the link to download the 12.6 sp2s version. Let's keep this thread alive o.

>Peace
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by gbengusgbengus: 10:06am On Dec 08, 2012
Learn PDMS the professional way by using the software to design and not just model,make use of the COMMAND LINES and not just tools.Call 08036614808, for further inquires.
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by rhymz(m): 3:32pm On Dec 09, 2012
Insanity: Interesting thread. Am doing my P&ID, PDMS training right now. Please, i need materials on PDmS to go through, anyone dat can be of help should send it to my mail; juliusdubem@gmail.com, i got 11.6 version, so i install the very volatile VM ware, i need the link to download the 12.6 sp2s version. Let's keep this thread alive o.

>Peace
nice to know there are people with thesame interest with me. I am currently learning AutoCad on my own, I have got some very good ebooks in PDF formats that I use. i have been making steady progress.
Also, I have already registered for the PDMS program with xanderoz technologies. Their address is; 1st floor, olorunfunmi plaza, 398 ikorodu rd, opp UAC foods by BRT bustop, Ojota.
According to one of their Rep I spoke with, when you enrole for the PDMS program which is a 3wks program depending on how frequent you want to be attending the training,you get all the books both in soft and hard copies, THEY INSTALL THE PROGRAM FOR YOU AND also YOU CAN get the PDMS installation FILE if you want. The fee is 55k but if you are a corper, you get a 55% slash. I am starting in 2weeks time. By the way, I am a Mech Eng graduate presently serving. Pls drop your whatsapp contact, mine is 08020312170
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Insanity(m): 7:48pm On Dec 09, 2012
rhymz: nice to know there are people with thesame interest with me. I am currently learning AutoCad on my own, I have got some very good ebooks in PDF formats that I use. i have been making steady progress.
Also, I have already registered for the PDMS program with xanderoz technologies. Their address is; 1st floor, olorunfunmi plaza, 398 ikorodu rd, opp UAC foods by BRT bustop, Ojota.
According to one of their Rep I spoke with, when you enrole for the PDMS program which is a 3wks program depending on how frequent you want to be attending the training,you get all the books both in soft and hard copies, THEY INSTALL THE PROGRAM FOR YOU AND also YOU CAN get the PDMS installation FILE if you want. The fee is 55k but if you are a corper, you get a 55% slash. I am starting in 2weeks time. By the way, I am a Mech Eng graduate presently serving. Pls drop your whatsapp contact, mine is 08020312170

Am a civil engr, doing ma PDMS @ikotun right now, i just finished autocad 2d 3d and p&id. Here is ma whatsapp contact 08038775535
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by eimuhb(f): 11:28am On Dec 10, 2012
U guyz are not alone, I did my pdms n caesar II training during my service year.
@insanity, have sent some materials I have 2 ur e-mail, I'm sure u will enjoy d p-point presentation.
We did autocad (2D and 3D) in school as a course some years ago, though I was good at it but I haven't practised since then 'cuz my laptop crashed at a time.
@rhymz, I will appreciate it if you can send your materials to me, I'm planning to learn on my own.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Agbori Better: Professional Female Barber In Bayelsa (Photos) / Jobs Threatened By Robots / Top 5 Highest Paying Oil And Gas Companies In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.