Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,622 members, 7,816,563 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. (37524 Views)

Marine Engineers...lets Meet Here / Civil/ Structural Engineers, Lets Meet Here / Mud Engineers, Lets Talk Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by ladokite2012: 2:54pm On May 21, 2013
Need PDMS, Hysys, Inventor all with cracked software and training manual. Free of course but u should have materials tradeable also.
PM.
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 03, 2013
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Nobody: 7:55am On Jul 05, 2013
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Double27: 10:22am On Jul 05, 2013
It seems to me that the trainings are for mech, chem and civil guyz. I studied electrical, pls which should i go for? I mean the one related to electrical and instrumentation. tx
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by double3(m): 12:24pm On Jul 13, 2013
Hello; I've gone tru all the post on this thread quite informative i must confess.
nevertheless, nobody has mentioned anything concerning process plant layout training,cos I think for one to effectively design a process facility using these software(autoplant, PDMS etc),one has to know the basics of plant layout techniques. cos I believe there are codes meant to be followed in routing pipes n these codes are treated in plant layout(I stand to be corrected). I know a company that teaches process layout though its quite expensive( over 1million just for level one ie pipers bootcamp).
Secondly I haven't read any thang about certification by professional bodies such as AVEVA,SPED,etc or is it after the training we all go home without any thang solid to show for it; cos seriously I can't imagine myself paying 150k plus fo a training n nuthang to show fo it ( n I don't mean a certificate given to me by th training center)
Please I'll be grateful u guys can shed more light. Thanks

1 Like

Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by gabriel212: 6:30am On Jul 15, 2013
double3: Hello; I've gone tru all the post on this thread quite informative i must confess.
nevertheless, nobody has mentioned anything concerning process plant layout training,cos I think for one to effectively design a process facility using these software(autoplant, PDMS etc),one has to know the basics of plant layout techniques. cos I believe there are codes meant to be followed in routing pipes n these codes are treated in plant layout(I stand to be corrected). I know a company that teaches process layout though its quite expensive( over 1million just for level one ie pipers bootcamp).
Secondly I haven't read any thang about certification by professional bodies such as AVEVA,SPED,etc or is it after the training we all go home without any thang solid to show for it; cos seriously I can't imagine myself paying 150k plus fo a training n nuthang to show fo it ( n I don't mean a certificate given to me by th training center)
Please I'll be grateful u guys can shed more light. Thanks
Yeah you are very right!
The professional certificate in Process plant and piping design gave me the deep insight into understanding P&ID. and it cost me 1500 dollars.
Many can use the software but dont understand the pry things required to design a process plant and this is very necessary.
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Kennyinusa(m): 1:59pm On Jul 15, 2013
gabriel212:
Yeah you are very right!
The professional certificate in Process plant and piping design gave me the deep insight into understanding P&ID. and it cost me 1500 dollars.
Many can use the software but dont understand the pry things required to design a process plant and this is very necessary.
Where can I take the training and certification. I have always wanted to take the training, couldn't find a certified training center; except Lonadek. They keep on telling me I can't take the training because I have not finished my degree program. I'm so much interested in piping Designing. I have all the latest softwares(all thanks to MTN grin). I have been trying my hand on them but still think standard practice is fundamental.
Please house, where can I take a certified training on piping design? When I say certified, I mean Certified wink wink
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by gabriel212: 2:19pm On Jul 15, 2013
Kennyinusa:
Where can I take the training and certification. I have always wanted to take the training, couldn't find a certified training center; except Lonadek. They keep on telling me I can't take the training because I have not finished my degree program. I'm so much interested in piping Designing. I have all the latest softwares(all thanks to MTN grin). I have been trying my hand on them but still think standard practice is fundamental.
Please house, where can I take a certified training on piping design? When I say certified, I mean Certified wink wink
I know of Engineering institute of Technology(3w.eit.edu.com) they will teach you the fundamentals and u will apply this in ur designing.note. they dont teach drawing but fundamental knowledge required in designing.
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by sedam: 7:00pm On Jul 15, 2013
If You truly want to know more of piping design and layout. kindly visit www.sedamengineering.com. I believe the scholarship training coming up in August and last for three months is for people like you, who really want to build capacity in this area of engineering practice.
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by double3(m): 9:07pm On Jul 15, 2013
Kennyinusa:
I don't think lonadek teaches process layout( stand to be corrected;cos I downloaded there brochure n couldn't. See anythang relating to plant layout). If u go to soceity of piping engineers and designers website(sped) the accredited training center for process layout and piping design in nigeria is matricetex( located in lagos) but there training z damn expensive (over 6000 dollars) thts a million plus in naira. Don't know how many nigerians can afford that; u can visit there web site to get more info.
N please for those who would like to pursue a carrier in piping its adviceable to first get the basic knowledge of process plant layout before jumping into learning PDMS (my opinion) cos u cannot put the cart before the horse; now some people might ask why, the reason is that before u can route a pipe to standards u must know the basic principles involved in routing such pipes,things like the correct pipe elevation,safety issues in routing pipes n process equipment, where to place certain instruments like flow meter, temp sensors etc., where n how to place a pump fo easy maintenance, where n how to support the pipes etc. They are too many to mention and all these are taught in process plant layout.
PDMS is just a tool for designing n nauthang more, u can know how to use the software but might not even know jack about designing a process facility as small as a filling station talk more of an offshore platform. Thanks
N please if anyone know of any institute or training center that teaches process plant layout please do let us know, long live pipers!!!
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by double3(m): 9:15pm On Jul 15, 2013
sedam: If You truly want to know more of piping design and layout. kindly visit www.sedamengineering.com. I believe the scholarship training coming up in August and last for three months is for people like you, who really want to build capacity in this area of engineering practice.
Please are u guys accredited;if yes by who?
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by double3(m): 9:41pm On Jul 15, 2013
gabriel212:
I know of Engineering institute of Technology(3w.eit.edu.com) they will teach you the fundamentals and u will apply this in ur designing.note. they dont teach drawing but fundamental knowledge required in designing.
Please was it online u did urs or u went to one of there training centers;please shed more light.
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by double3(m): 9:51pm On Jul 15, 2013
Less I forget please has anyone on this forum been to lonadek; if yes please can u kindly tell Us ur experience, n also advice us if going there is worth the cost; called to find out the cost of AVEVA certification n the lady said its bout 350k.
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by sedam: 9:33am On Jul 16, 2013
SEDAM Engineering and Consulting Limited is not just like some other training centres, that will promise u what they cannot offer. We are engineering firm that handle engineering projects which piping is an integral part. piping is not just PDMS as some people think but if you care for real knowledge in this area and not just fundamentals. Certificate is one thing and true knowledge is another. We are not parting with ur money but want to help u guys to be developed.
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by impact4now: 2:39pm On Jul 23, 2013
LEARN 3D MODELLING OF OIL AND GAS FACILITIES,STRUCTURE DESIGN,PIPING,EQUIPMENT DESIGN,CIVIL DESIGN,PIPE ISOMETRIC,ONSHORE/OFFSHORE PLATFORM MODELLING,BILL OF
QUANTITY,DRAFTING,MTO GENERATION,PROCESS PLANT DESIGN E.T.C.

Class centre or private training available
For enquiries call 08185470562 or 08108191693 for class centres in Lagos and full course modules.
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by davide470(m): 11:37pm On Sep 09, 2013
Please, anyone with PDMS 12.0 tutorial manual.. Mail to
Thnks!
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Freezle(m): 12:03am On Sep 17, 2013
Hey! I can give that to you (wilkom4real@yahoo.com)
Email me.

silvernice: hi everyone.is there anybody with ideas on how to get aveva pdms software. i have a link at rapidshare but I'll require some paypal money in order for the download to be fast. pls if there any you could pls share it with all of us.
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Freezle(m): 12:33am On Sep 17, 2013
Hey! How you all doing? Just thought I help few people here with trainings. I have a year experience in the use of PDMS and Piping design. I could teach you folks for free but that going to depend on my time and all. But for the materials you can send me a mail requsting for materials on Pdms , Piping and structure design (wilkom4real@yahoo.com or 08059013444). And also I could install the PDMS 12.0 SP6 for you .

I feel if I can help let me help fully. Wish you all the best in you careers.

2 Likes

Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by double3(m): 2:31pm On Sep 17, 2013
Freezle: Hey! How you all doing? Just thought I help few people here with trainings. I have a year experience in the use of PDMS and Piping design. I could teach you folks for free but that going to depend on my time and all. But for the materials you can send me a mail requsting for materials on Pdms , Piping and structure design (wilkom4real@yahoo.com or 08059013444). And also I could install the PDMS 12.0 SP6 for you .

Well appreciated...would send you a mail.
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Freezle(m): 3:14pm On Sep 17, 2013
got your email, but dont know if you are the one. but im sending it now but some of them can not be attached because of the size

double3:
Well appreciated...would send you a mail.
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Trac: 4:25am On Sep 18, 2013
davide470: Please, anyone with PDMS 12.0 tutorial manual.. Mail to davide470@yahoo.com
Thnks!

It will be useless without the accredited training. It's a guarantee. It'll be remote.

After training, it becomes clearer. Especially certain pipe layouts, interdisciplinary layouts and attribute manipulation in equipment design. There are specific precautions only unique to Aveva. There are certain key-points only the instructor will pass along that the Aveva course note does not disclose.
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by davide470(m): 8:25am On Sep 18, 2013
Trac:

It will be useless without the accredited training. It's a guarantee. It'll be remote.

After training, it becomes clearer. Especially certain pipe layouts, interdisciplinary layouts and attribute manipulation in equipment design. There are specific precautions only unique to Aveva. There are certain key-points only the instructor will pass along that the Aveva course note does not disclose.
I know. I have done the training.. D manuals i have are on 11.6.. Thats why i asked for those on 12.0 sp6. If u have, especially on equipment and piping, pls do send (davide470@yahoo.com). Thanks.
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Trac: 11:21pm On Sep 18, 2013
davide470:
I know. I have done the training.. D manuals i have are on 11.6.. Thats why i asked for those on 12.0 sp6. If u have, especially on equipment and piping, pls do send (davide470@yahoo.com). Thanks.

I get your point. My mis-judgement. I didn't think you had taken the course.
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 19, 2013
sad
Freezle: Hey! How you all doing? Just thought I help few people here with trainings. I have a year experience in the use of PDMS and Piping design. I could teach you folks for free but that going to depend on my time and all. But for the materials you can send me a mail requsting for materials on Pdms , Piping and structure design (wilkom4real@yahoo.com or 08059013444). And also I could install the PDMS 12.0 SP6 for you .

Thanks.Why not upload them to dropbox so we can download there because believe of those materials wont attach cos of the size..i will send a mail sha.thanks
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Freezle(m): 10:39am On Sep 19, 2013
hey all, I have been getting all your emails but unfortunately i cant send them because of the size, but not to fret as i would create a dropbox now and upload them and past the address here so you could download them your self, hope that it fair. Have a wonderful day all.
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Freezle(m): 11:05am On Sep 19, 2013
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Freezle(m): 11:07am On Sep 19, 2013
taye Ojo, please share them to people as i would appreciate you helping them on it.
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Freezle(m): 11:13am On Sep 19, 2013
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8d6gfpwusamuuzq/F99Nf7ThSZ

for Installation i guess you would have to see me, but you can try to install it if you can. I would love to type the steps in installing it but right now im so tired as Ojo is sending me mails which i have to reply now.

But you have to be careful when installing it because if you miss a step it would install but it wont work.
Takia all
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 19, 2013
Hey freezle..this is taye ojo..thanks a lot for today..since you av pasted the links i don't think i should come in anymore..we could just discuss on the use of the software since you have a year experience..as for me i just did the training and i am trying to improve on it
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by Freezle(m): 9:52pm On Sep 20, 2013
Okay! Questions are welcome. And I do advice our professionals to speak out in other to assist with answering of some questions. I would do my best to answer the ones I can. I'm still learning too.

1 Like

Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by double3(m): 7:11pm On Sep 21, 2013
Freezle: Okay! Questions are welcome. And I do advice our professionals to speak out in other to assist with answering of some questions. I would do my best to answer the ones I can. I'm still learning too.
Please how do I install the software
Re: PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here. by KayodeLeke1: 11:19am On Sep 22, 2013
Xtrim Designs - Get trained on how to use solidworks (50k) and autocad (20k) for oil and gas facilities. The softwares will be given as an inclusive benefit for taking the training. visit [url]http://projectionworx.com/learning%20center.html[/url] or call 08139137295.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Jobs Threatened By Robots / Nurses Forum: Let's Meet Here / Top 5 Highest Paying Oil And Gas Companies In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.