Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure (28831 Views)

Henry Chibueze Onwughalu Is Dead (Eze Ndigbo In China Dies) / Police Quiz Deji Of Akure Over Eze Ndigbo Crisis / Eze Ndigbo Title Remains Banned – Deji Of Akure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by OBAGADAFFI: 7:14am On Feb 19, 2017
I thought Igbo leaders once ban the use of Eze-ndigbo out side Igboland .

http://saharareporters.com/2015/10/24/eze-ndigbo-outside-igboland-needless-distraction-joe-igbokwe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by naijaking1: 7:14am On Feb 19, 2017
How would you interpret "leader of Igbos in Akure" to Igbo language?
That's the futility of the deji's argument.

2 Likes

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by owobokiri(m): 7:16am On Feb 19, 2017
Jaideyone:
wow so if you come to my land your tradition supersedes mine just because you don't believe in my tradition? how will ibos feel if I carry my Dane gun and go on Python hunting trip in some parts of anambra and abia state where is is seriously forbidden? if I come to the east I have to quench my appetite for serial-killing pythons. if you come to the west remove your cap and bow to the king. simple!!!

There is no competition of cultures here because no culture is challenging the "hosts" culture. Somebody in his garrulous nature is just too proud..., so it is a fake fight... What is going on is a competition of egos..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Chuksonyeike: 7:16am On Feb 19, 2017
Jaideyone:
no he's not trying to take the throne but even the illiterate ibo man knows you have to remove your cap and bow to greet a Yoruba king. it is Yoruba tradition. BTW it is the duty of the king to give chieftaincy titles. he has decided to modify the name of the title for him. let him take it like that after all it's only the name that is different like you said
The ezendigbo of ondo state is not an ondo or Akure traditional title.It is not for any deji to give or withdraw.It is an elected position of leadership for Igbo's living in ondo state.It is only the Igbo's living in ondo state that can remove him.As long as there are backing him,the insecure deji is fighting a lost battle.

11 Likes

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by KidsNEXTdoor: 7:17am On Feb 19, 2017
Jaideyone:
you are really a kid. grow the phuck up
Respect yourself or leave nairaland
It's ours

4 Likes

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Jaideyone(m): 7:18am On Feb 19, 2017
Chuksonyeike:

Well the Igbo's have chosen to stand by the title ezendigbo,the deji can send his thugs, this time people will be ready for them.

I thought you people said igbos are Nigerians and not biafrans so which one come be hosts and visitors? If you use the word indigenes and non- indigenes,it would be more understandable. FYI no one is hosting me if I buy a land with my own money and goes ahead to build on it furthermore no one is a visitor in a place he has lived for decades
lol empty chest beating as usual. if an ethnic clash starts in akure today the ibos can't win. you are outnumbered 5 to 1. so what do you mean you are ready? the king has exercised his authority if the mor0nic eze dumbo doesn't behave himself he'll be flogged again and again

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Chuksonyeike: 7:19am On Feb 19, 2017
Horllamideh:

A part of the news also disclosed something about leadership tussle between two Igbos parading themselves as the elected Eze, same thing happened in Oyo state. Maka why??
The king has spoken sha..... it's a case of "take or leave it" since contesting the king's stand in court won't come out favourable for the Igbos.
Well the constitution of Nigeriais supreme and does not give the deji any power over freedom of association and right to chose leadership.He didn't make the ezendigbo neither can he remove him

10 Likes

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Jaideyone(m): 7:20am On Feb 19, 2017
KidsNEXTdoor:

Respect yourself or leave nairaland
It's ours
this kid is still ignorant. nairaland is owned by Seun osewa and he has laid down rules and procedures. Deji is the traditional ruler of akure. case closed

12 Likes

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Chuksonyeike: 7:20am On Feb 19, 2017
Jaideyone:
lol empty chest beating as usual. if an ethnic clash starts in akure today the ibos can't win. you are outnumbered 5 to 1. so what do you mean you are ready? the king has exercised his authority if the mor0nic eze dumbo doesn't behave himself he'll be flogged again and again
You forgot there are lots of Yoruba's living in Onitsha and other Igbo towns,no one will win,if it comes to that

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Jaideyone(m): 7:21am On Feb 19, 2017
Chuksonyeike:

The ezendigbo of ondo state is not an ondo or Akure traditional title.It is not for any deji to give or withdraw.It is an elected position of leadership for Igbo's living in ondo state.It is only the Igbo's living in ondo state that can remove him.As long as there are backing him,the insecure deji is fighting a lost battle.

oga it is eze ndigbo of akure not the whole of ondo state. read again

5 Likes

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Chuksonyeike: 7:21am On Feb 19, 2017
Jaideyone:
this kid is still ignorant. nairaland is owned by Seun osewa and he has laid down rules and procedures. Deji is the traditional ruler of akure. case closed
Well the ezendigbo of ondo state goes beyond even Akure and transcends the entire 18 LGA of the state.poor deji

7 Likes

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by owobokiri(m): 7:22am On Feb 19, 2017
Chuksonyeike:

Somebody needs to fold this post and force-feed the deji with it..

3 Likes

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Chuksonyeike: 7:22am On Feb 19, 2017
Jaideyone:
oga it is eze ndigbo of akure not the whole of ondo state. read again
Read the op again.it is ezendigbo of ondo state and not just Akure alone

3 Likes

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Jaideyone(m): 7:23am On Feb 19, 2017
Chuksonyeike:

You forgot there are lots of Yoruba's living in Onitsha and other Igbo towns,no one will win,if it comes to that
lol for every Yoruba man in Onitsha there are 4 ibos in Ibadan and the ibos in Ibadan are still outnumbered 7 to 1. think about it

19 Likes

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by JideAmuGiaka: 7:24am On Feb 19, 2017
Jaideyone:
which own is jealousy there? the Deji is constitutionally empowered to give and take chieftaincy titles as he so wishes within his jurisdiction which is akure. if your ibo brothers can't respect other people's tradition then he's free to leave akure. you can't wear your own crown to the Deji's palace and expect him to give u a pat on the back

So he's the one that gave him Eze ndigbo title?.

6 Likes

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by OBAGADAFFI: 7:26am On Feb 19, 2017
JideAmuGiaka:

Yes

Olubadan places Eze Ndigbo under Baales

https://www.naij.com/791089-must-read-olubadan-eze-ndigbo-ibadan.html

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Horllamideh(m): 7:27am On Feb 19, 2017
Chuksonyeike:

Well the constitution of Nigeriais supreme and does not give the deji any power over freedom of association and right to chose leadership.He didn't make the ezendigbo neither can he remove him
Well, that's not how it's done in southwest.....any group of people that wish to select a leader for themselves will need to consult the king for approval. any cultural association without the backing of the king is illegitimate since the king is regarded as the custodian of every living and nonliving things in his domain. Someone who gave his approval on something can also withdraw his support and nobody will question him..... I repeat Nobody!

18 Likes

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by vanbonattel: 7:27am On Feb 19, 2017
owobokiri:

That deji is a sickening illiterate.. I mean how can the Obi of Onitsha feel threatened by the leader of the Hausa community in Onitsha?? Is that not pitiful?? You see the emir of Kano in a photo-shoot with the so-called Eze ndigbo Kano every now and then. . Everybody knows his place and role. But here, one inebriated deji full of ignorance has been disturbing the public peace for over 2 years over an inconsequential matter.. I like the way the local igbo community there has been annoyingly sticking it up to him.. , that deji chap must be a boring character..

Correct talk. I will like to know the qualification of the deji. Sultan of sokoto comes to Enugu on January and is seen with his full regalia everywhere he went and the masses waved and cheered him to show him we are all the same people. Yorubas are so so insecure.! Why?

7 Likes

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by modath(f): 7:28am On Feb 19, 2017
naijaking1:
How would you interpret "leader of Igbos in Akure" to Igbo language?
That's the futility of the deji's argument.

Asiwaju is the literal meaning of "leader"...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Jaideyone(m): 7:28am On Feb 19, 2017
Chuksonyeike:

Well the ezendigbo of ondo state goes beyond even Akure and transcends the entire 18 LGA of the state.poor deji
there is nothing like eze ndigbo if ondo state. read the thread again

7 Likes

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by drkay(m): 7:28am On Feb 19, 2017
Installing his Own chiefs and going about with crown worn already showed that he's competing with his royal Majesty. Deji has done well and other royal fathers in Yorubaland should emulate him, afonja made this historical mistake and we lost ilorin to the fulanis. Eze indigbo of akure /ondo state is alien to us in Yorubaland in a similar way Elenugun of Enugun Land do not exist in their state.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Jaideyone(m): 7:29am On Feb 19, 2017
JideAmuGiaka:

no. his people appointed him but all traditional/chieftaincy titles in akure must be endorsed by the Deji. so he has to right to give, withdraw or even modify the title. go to court

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by JideAmuGiaka: 7:30am On Feb 19, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

Yes
Olubadan places Eze Ndigbo under Baales
https://www.naij.com/791089-must-read-olubadan-eze-ndigbo-ibadan.html
You don't get it. Is he the one that appointed him to be Eze Ndigbo?.

2 Likes

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Chuksonyeike: 7:30am On Feb 19, 2017
Horllamideh:

Well, that's not how it's done in southwest.....any group of people that wish to select a leader for themselves will need to consult the king for approval. any cultural association without the backing of the king is illegitimate since the king is regarded as the custodian of every living and nonliving things in his domain. Someone who gave his approval on something can also withdraw his support and nobody will question him..... I repeat Nobody!
He can only withdraw his support but cannot withdraw the position since it didn't emanate from him

5 Likes

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Jaideyone(m): 7:31am On Feb 19, 2017
vanbonattel:

Correct talk. I will like to know the qualification of the deji. Sultan of sokoto comes to Enugu on January and is seen with his full regalia everywhere he went and the masses waved and cheered him to show him we are all the same people. Yorubas are so so insecure.! Why?
that is the sultan of sokoto. he didn't call himself the sultan of Enugu. you still don't get it do you? iPods and irrational argument sef

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by vanbonattel: 7:31am On Feb 19, 2017
Horllamideh:

I will sue this Deji's pants off him if am there! grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by JideAmuGiaka: 7:31am On Feb 19, 2017
Jaideyone:
no. his people appointed him but all traditional/chieftaincy titles in akure must be endorsed by the Deji. so he has to right to give, withdraw or even modify the title. go to court

Where is it written?.

2 Likes

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Chuksonyeike: 7:33am On Feb 19, 2017
Jaideyone:
The ezendigbo position is not a traditional or chieftaincy title.please get some education.It is an elected position of leadership for Igbo's living in ondo state.Only his constituents can remove him,the deji can bark from now till 2020,only the Igbo community in ondo state can remove him

10 Likes

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by modath(f): 7:35am On Feb 19, 2017
owobokiri:

That deji is a sickening illiterate.. I mean how can the Obi of Onitsha feel threatened by the leader of the Hausa community in Onitsha?? Is that not pitiful?? You see the emir of Kano in a photo-shoot with the so-called Eze ndigbo Kano every now and then. . Everybody knows his place and role. But here, one inebriated deji full of ignorance has been disturbing the public peace for over 2 years over an inconsequential matter.. I like the way the local igbo community there has been annoyingly sticking it up to him.. , that deji chap must be a boring character..

The highlighted is spot on,which is why you'd never see southerners disrespect northern authority figures in their lands.... Yorubas are peaceful, hence this non issue is still trending... I say this with neither fear nor favour, Abokiis will hack (insert meaning of your choice) down anyone who tries any nonsense in their land...You know it, I know it, they freaking know it!!

Know your place & respect constituted authority anywhere you find yourself & everyone WILL BE FINE!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Chuksonyeike: 7:35am On Feb 19, 2017
Jaideyone:
that is the sultan of sokoto. he didn't call himself the sultan of Enugu. you still don't get it do you? iPods and irrational argument sef
Your deji does not have the power to either remove the ezendigbo or rename the position.The earlier he understand this the better for him

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by KidsNEXTdoor: 7:36am On Feb 19, 2017
Jaideyone:
Nairaland is owned by we Yorubas
Respect yourself or you leave
Deji is traditional ruler of akure.... We don't want visitors in our land having leaders
Respect theirselves or leave our land
Case closed

4 Likes

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Horllamideh(m): 7:37am On Feb 19, 2017
Chuksonyeike:

He can only withdraw his support but cannot withdraw the position since it didn't emanate from him
This is very simple......his approval means "Eze ndigbo title is accepted in his domain". Withdrawing his support means "no more Eze ndigbo". Even Olubadan had to place all Eze ndigbo leaders under Baales (very much like village/neighborhood heads) to reduce familiarity which will in turn breeds contempt like the one exhibited by Akure's Eze. So the Eze ndigbo must consult the Baale and the latter will be the one to convey any complaints to the King.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Myths, Realities of Ijaws in Destiny with Rivers / Sleepless Ordeals Of Nigerians.. / Ooni Of Ife & Alaafin Of Oyo Attend The Finals Of Shina Peller Unity Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.