Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,557 members, 7,820,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure (28955 Views)

Henry Chibueze Onwughalu Is Dead (Eze Ndigbo In China Dies) / Police Quiz Deji Of Akure Over Eze Ndigbo Crisis / Eze Ndigbo Title Remains Banned – Deji Of Akure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Horllamideh(m): 8:58am On Feb 19, 2017
Jaideyone:
you are the one that needs to get some education. the eze is a traditional title. the Deji respectedbthe choice of the ibos until he decided to appoint his own chiefs and disrespect the king. answer this simple question. will it be okay if the Yoruba community in anambra votes in favour of killing pythons? will the Ibos accept our decision and allow us kill as many pythons as we want?
I love your arguments and analogy bro.... take this chilled maltina

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Omoikarekimire(m): 9:10am On Feb 19, 2017
Y are Igbo people always aggressive and like to carry themselves high above the authority of their host this same attitude with the Hausa people brought lots of confrontation Can't they just humble themselves

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by driand(m): 9:13am On Feb 19, 2017
Jaideyone:
we as Yorubas are not surprised. Respect for tradition is alien to Ipod Igbos. Please tell your Eze to wear his crown and go to the palace of the Deji. he'll be flogged again and again. respect your host or leave
or leave? As long as biafra has not been realized, every Nigerian has the right to live or go anywhere within the Nigerian territory..

1 Like

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Temptee101(m): 9:18am On Feb 19, 2017
Horllamideh:

A part of the news also disclosed something about leadership tussle between two Igbos parading themselves as the elected Eze, same thing happened in Oyo state. Maka why??
The king has spoken sha..... it's a case of "take or leave it" since contesting the king's stand in court won't come out favourable for the Igbos.
Hear yourself out, this is pure case of jealousy and inferiority complex. He is Eze ndigbo for the Igbos in Akure not for the Akure people. That Deji or whatever should park well maybe he's fuming bc Eze ndigbo is more respected than his Deji. Igbos have a way of intimidating people around them with their elegance, ego and glamour, its in them and you can't take away from them

5 Likes

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by chieyine(m): 9:19am On Feb 19, 2017
All if your making noise
The Eze ndi Igbo can be dethroned by Oba of Akure
Sorry u lot sound pathetic
Eze ndi Igbo is not a title for Yoruba people in Akure
It is a title for Igbo's living outside Igbo land and that also has been our tradition

Who is an Oba self who feels so important andbyet still meddle in issues not concerning him

This topic self dey infuriate me

To hell with one Nigeria
Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by InvertedHammer: 9:20am On Feb 19, 2017
They should have ignored Deji.

It is not every statement that deserves a response.

What can he do?
Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by mumuface(m): 9:21am On Feb 19, 2017
Jaideyone:
insecure attitude? the Deji is the only recognised traditional ruler in akure land and it's part of his duty to appoint chiefs in his jurisdiction. if your dvmbas$ eze can't respect constituted authority then he's free to leave akure land. no matter how big you are you bow to the king. even Obj bowed to the Ooni of Ife. that is the tradition in Yoruba land. respect the tradition or go back home. simple

Brown Brown roof people

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by abbeyty(m): 9:21am On Feb 19, 2017
what is the deji still waiting form ?he should send him back to where he came from. send the immigrant back to igboland. i know they are coming for my head but na joke i dey joke

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Jaideyone(m): 9:21am On Feb 19, 2017
driand:
or leave? As long as biafra has not been realized, every Nigerian has the right to live or go anywhere within the Nigerian territory..
same way I had to abide by the law in abia state after we were told not to kill snakes at the camp in umunna. I didn't kill snakes. respect other people's tradition. if u can't do that then stay in your region

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Temptee101(m): 9:24am On Feb 19, 2017
abbeyty:
what is the deji still waiting form ?he should send him back to where he came from. send the immigrant back to igboland. i know they are coming for my head but na joke i dey joke
Who is coming for your head? Your head is not worth half a kola nut in Igboland
Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Alajiki(m): 9:25am On Feb 19, 2017
Chuksonyeike:

There is nothing the deji can do,the ezebdigbo of ondo can only be dethroned by Igbo's and not any insecure monarch. The right to freedom of association is a constitutional and fundamental human rights matter. The useless deji can go ahead and commit suicide come Feb 28

Okay...let's wait and see whether your eze isi azu grin will not be flogged yet again.

Bunch of disrespectful flat*headed mkpi

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Jaideyone(m): 9:27am On Feb 19, 2017
mumuface:

Brown Brown roof people
this is what flattie*s do when they don't have the intellectual capacity to argue

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Southjobs: 9:28am On Feb 19, 2017
Greetings to all Nigerian citizens we are here to kindly inform you that
jobs opportunities are now available in south africa jobs available are;
Sales Consultant – Salary=R10,000= N230,000
Store Manager _ Salary=R10,000= N230,000
Hotel jobs_ salary=R5,000= N115,000
Security jobs_ salary=R5,000= N115,000
House Help_ salary=R5,000= N115,000
jobs are open to both mail and females. qualifications required are SSCE
and above your qualification will determine your job feeding and accomodation
is provided duration of visa is three years visa is processed by our companies
here in south africa visa fee, flight, and everything will be taking care of all
you need to do is to pick up applicaion form which is N100,000 take a step to
better your future now we have only 78vacancies available for more info contact us at

southafricanjob@gmail.com or call/whatsapp our hotline +27942375270 while offer
last please only for people who are ready to make a change in thier lives thanks
as we llok forward to hearing from you
Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Afam4eva(m): 9:30am On Feb 19, 2017
The Deji of Akure is so petty and seems like a trouble maker.What business of yours is who becomes the head of igbos in Akure and what they choose to call themselves as long as the leader is not called the Deji of Igbos. Eze is an Igbo tutle and Akure is not Igboland, so i don't know why he should feel threatened. In Nigeria, there is freedom of association as long as it does not go in variance with the laws of the land. if this issue goes to the court, the Deji will definitely lose.

4 Likes

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Afam4eva(m): 9:32am On Feb 19, 2017
Jaideyone:
same way I had to abide by the law in abia state after we were told not to kill snakes at the camp in umunna. I didn't kill snakes. respect other people's tradition. if u can't do that then stay in your region
Apples and oranges. As much as i understand the part about respecting the tradition of the people but traditional does not thump the law of the land. And i don't see how calling oneself Eze ndigbo in Akure is against the tradition of the land because if it were so, then calling your self the other titles prescribed by the Deji will also be in variance with the tradition. The Deji is just an insecure c.unt (no offense)

2 Likes

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by ancientbanana: 9:33am On Feb 19, 2017
Lushore1:

So you for got when your Eze went to the palace with crown on his head and parading himself as a King?.....
if a northerner as King come there nko?
Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by abbeyty(m): 9:38am On Feb 19, 2017
Temptee101:
Who is coming for your head? Your head is not worth half a kola nut in Igboland

lol it pain am,you are the first fool to show his ugly head that resemble okada seat.your eze will soon be deported to your barren land.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by profhezekiah: 9:39am On Feb 19, 2017
owobokiri:
As stupid as the "eze ndigbo" title is, it is still eze Ndigbo and not Deji ndi igbo... That unserious deji with an insecure attitude should go and drink pure water..
Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Alajiki(m): 9:39am On Feb 19, 2017
Chuksonyeike:

Well the constitution of Nigeriais supreme and does not give the deji any power over freedom of association and right to chose leadership.He didn't make the ezendigbo neither can he remove him

My friend, will you keep kwayet dia!

The last time I checked, Eze means king, not leader. How can a particular tribe appoint/elect kings in another man's land? Deji of Akure is not even doing enough. The nomenclature should be "chairman of igbo settlers". Which kain yeye Eze ndi'Igbo?

How can you have 2 crown bearing kings in a town. In Yoruba tradition, that's a taboo!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Alajiki(m): 9:45am On Feb 19, 2017
Afam4eva:
The Deji of Akure is so petty and seems like a trouble maker.What business of yours is who becomes the head of igbos in Akure and what they choose to call themselves as long as the leader is not called the Deji of Igbos. Eze is an Igbo tutle and Akure is not Igboland, so i don't know why he should feel threatened. In Nigeria, there is freedom of association as long as it does not go in variance with the laws of the land. if this issue goes to the court, the Deji will definitely lose.

In this case, it goes against the tradition of Yoruba land. No 2 kings can co-habit in a town. It's a taboo! Inugo?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by bigtt76(f): 9:46am On Feb 19, 2017
This is a very simple case! The solution too is simple - translate the word 'Leader' into Igbo language and use it as your title. Infact if they can get a good lawyer to confirm that the the title Eze Ndigbo means 'Leader of the Igbos' literally, the Deji would have no choice but to accept. I wonder why he's concerned about titles though instead of the welfare of his subjects undecided

Horllamideh:
•Ohanaeze: Oba Aladelusi is anti-Igbo

By Dayo Johnson, Akure

Picture: •Eze Ndigbo, Gregory Iloheika and The Deji, Oba Aladelusi
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/02/forget-eze-ndigbo-title-deji-akure/

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by jagorinho: 9:49am On Feb 19, 2017
Omoikarekimire:
Y are Igbo people always aggressive and like to carry themselves high above the authority of their host this same attitude with the Hausa people brought lots of confrontation Can't they just humble themselves
They cant try this nonsense in north they know the consequence of such action.They are only aggressive if you give them the chance,if you rise up against them and show them more aggression then you will become their enemy and they will avoid you like ebola.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Nobody: 9:51am On Feb 19, 2017
That idiot deji or whatever they call him has no right whatsoever under this sun to ban Eze Ndi Igbo any where. His actions are in conflict to fundamental human right and freedom to association of Igbo people in that state. They have a right to come together as Igbos and choose their leader or call their leader by what ever name they decide. I think this issue of conqueror mentality is now taken too far. Nigeria belongs to all of us. You cannot preach one Nigeria and on the other hand pretend that some Nigerians are more Nigerian than others. This nonsense must stop. The Nigerian State with their biased mindset will definitely come hard against any Igbo state where other tribes are manifestly subjected to hostile treatment as most Hausa and Yoruba states visit on the Igbo. If the Yoruba truly want Igbo to decongest from their zone they should support the preachment of restructuring with their whole heart.
Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Nature8(m): 9:51am On Feb 19, 2017
Lol.. grin
Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by klax(m): 9:52am On Feb 19, 2017
vanbonattel:
Jealousy has no medicine. My question is, is the Eze ndi igbo fighting for power with the deji?

If not why is the deji worried or is he just intolerant?

Nwanone I guess you are sick this Sunday morning. Is their any Olu or Baale of Yoruba in any igbo land Is their any hausa or fulani Mogaji parading himself as a monarch in any of our town or city in igbo land

Bro you are sick tell your fellow anuofia kinsmen who called Nigeria zoo but want to Eze in another man's land but can not and never allow such in any part of igbo land to f u c k off. No Yoruba land should allow any useless Eze in their land.

Oh wait a minute so you want to install Eze in the land of people we so hated with passion You are made and all your followers are mad.

Please Deji your highness sir don't and I repeat don't allow my people to install their shameless Eze in your land if that annoys them they can pack their bags and baggages and leave your land or does my people has no land Shameless confused people dying of ego I was so ashamed when I went to village last week and all the villagesame I saw are so scanty no souls only the very old ones the whole villages as like ghost land I was so ashamedd of my people and they are all in Lagos dragging lands, they are all in kaduna dragging lands but their own villages are already a ghost villages. Go and die if Deji refuse your silly chirfaincy. I'm so angry with my people this morning.

Nonsense!!!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Afam4eva(m): 9:53am On Feb 19, 2017
Alajiki:

In this case, it goes against the tradition of Yoruba land. No 2 kings can co-habit in a town. It's a taboo! Inugo?
Wow, it's is definitely a compliment for you to think the Eze Ndigbo Akure is just as important as the Deji of Akure. Now i udnerstand why only the Igbos are been picked on considering te fact that we also have the Sarkin Hausa of Akure. It seems the Eze Ndigbo akure is getting too much respect and the Deji is threatened.

1 Like

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Afam4eva(m): 9:54am On Feb 19, 2017
Alajiki:

My friend, will you keep kwayet dia!

The last time I checked, Eze means king, not leader. How can a particular tribe appoint/elect kings in another man's land? Deji of Akure is not even doing enough. The nomenclature should be "chairman of igbo settlers". Which kain yeye Eze ndi'Igbo?

How can you have 2 crown bearing kings in a town. In Yoruba tradition, that's a taboo!
And a king is not a leader? Maybe he should also tell people whose names are Eze to change their names to Leader as it is a threat to his stool. Moronic dingbats.

2 Likes

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by SmartMugu: 9:55am On Feb 19, 2017
What are they arguing about here? Some names for a title and who wears a hat when the other doesn't? Isn't it 2017 in that area yet? Some things are really backwards.

1 Like

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Nobody: 9:57am On Feb 19, 2017
This Deji is not fit to be a King in Yorubaland. Eze Ndigbo is an Igbo word for the leaders of Igbo communities in any state. And Eze Ndigbo is not in conflict with any traditional ruler of the tribes they reside just like Hausa communities have their leaders in every state they reside. But the Deji, just like Oba of Lagos is showing insecurity here. He is not mature enough to be a Deji or whatever that means.

Leader is an English word. Eze Ndigbo is indigenous dialect of Ndigbos, it is foolish for Deji to attempt to change the name of Igbo leaders because they choose to live in Ondo for business.

Ondo people must know that without the Igbo businesses, Ondo will return back to the sleepy labourers town it is known to be in the past.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by YOUNGrapha(m): 9:59am On Feb 19, 2017
I HAVE WARN THIS SILLLY ASS OBA TO STOP DOING DRUG BUH THE RETARDED DUDE WOULDN'T STITCH TO MAH ADVICE..... cry

bk to the topic let him stop them there jare!! before them go collect akure from us like the way the almajiris take stole kwara from us.......

all this igbo's and hausa's na jah go pay una so because we are cowards u people just wan dey collect every of our land...make una no worry we go report una to udoduwa cry cry
Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by famagro: 10:00am On Feb 19, 2017
I once asked an Igbo friend if the eze ndigbos still bears the titles at home and he told me that's an abomination. He even told me a story of a guy who tried it in his own village, the guy had to run away before morning in order to escape the wrath of the youths.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Nobody: 10:00am On Feb 19, 2017
Omoikarekimire:
Why should the Igbos humble themselves ? Did you create the land you walk on ?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi And Wuraola Celebrate Children's Day With Kids(Pics) / Most Plausible Reason Why Some Binis and Igbos Have Fairer Skin Colour / Things Nigerians Call Twice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.