Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure (28942 Views)

Henry Chibueze Onwughalu Is Dead (Eze Ndigbo In China Dies) / Police Quiz Deji Of Akure Over Eze Ndigbo Crisis / Eze Ndigbo Title Remains Banned – Deji Of Akure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by tifany89(m): 2:40pm On Feb 19, 2017
abu12:

the oba of akure has advice ibo people to call thier leader OYENDU OF IGBO which means LEADER OF NDIGBO AND NOT EZE NDIGBO
Wat is the difference? Educate me please. I doubt u know d meaning of Onyendu, who told u it means leader. Smh
Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by tifany89(m): 2:43pm On Feb 19, 2017
Lushore1:

Your Eze won a crown to the king palace, he was asked to remove it and he refused and you are talking about winning.

Wait o!, are you saying it was your Eze who made him the King? ....Smh.

Please let's be sensible n stop making wild allegations. Where u there? Dats how u people say things u don't know n makes it looks like it's d truth. Is dat the first time d Eze ndigbo will be going to d Dejis palace oga? Has he been wearing his cap? Why wld he refused to take off his cap? Stop spreading false rumours I beg in God's name

1 Like

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by tifany89(m): 2:45pm On Feb 19, 2017
Jaideyone:
if your eze doesn't comply with customary laws he'll be flogged again. anyone that stands up for him will also be flogged. get the Deji arrested of file a civil suit and let's see the winner
This is how we support impunity by our words n actions. Flogging a full grown man for whatever reason to u is right abi? Until ur father is at the receiving end.

2 Likes

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by tifany89(m): 2:46pm On Feb 19, 2017
modath:

Sarki is CHIEF, Yoruba has Leader .... None is called emir or oba!! & I'm sure none of them goes to the Obi's domain without first asking people around (incase he is new or a toddler who doesn't know the tradition of a place he has been for donkey years) how things are done in Onitsha....

You don't wear a crown to an Oba's palace unless you are a king of equal stature.... it is not done!!

Let's even leave that aside, we may all live in Nigeria but Akure is in the southwestern part of Nigeria & populated by a Yoruba majority which as it's extant in the republican/democratic falsehood most of you propagate, the same "sick demented" person has the paramount leadership position & has the right to give an executive order!!!! & like y'all hailed drumpf, it is HIS RIGHT to do so.. sad

***mic drop***
Gibberish
Who told u he wore a crown or r u a member of the Dejis cabinet. Make we hear word joor.always supporting evil,beats my imagination how u lot sleep at night

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by gbeseun(m): 2:51pm On Feb 19, 2017
Chuksonyeike:

There is nothing the deji can do,the ezebdigbo of ondo can only be dethroned by Igbo's and not any insecure monarch. The right to freedom of association is a constitutional and fundamental human rights matter. The useless deji can go ahead and commit suicide come Feb 28

on ur papa land snow, can I go and be crowned in Anambra as the Oba of anambra land
ur mumu eze can go back home to claim his title

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by omofunaab(m): 2:53pm On Feb 19, 2017
tifany89:

Gibberish
Who told u he wore a crown or r u a member of the Dejis cabinet. Make we hear word joor.always supporting evil,beats my imagination how u lot sleep at night

Shut up, he wore a crown to the Palace.

Most of you don't know how it all began. You can't wear a crown to meet with a king unless you are his equal.

That's our tradition, you people should learn to abide with our tradition whenever you are in our domain. .simple

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Jaideyone(m): 2:59pm On Feb 19, 2017
tifany89:

This is how we support impunity by our words n actions. Flogging a full grown man for whatever reason to u is right abi? Until ur father is at the receiving end.
see this unruly individual bringing my dad into a political argument. it's either you are fatherless or you have no regard for the unlucky man that fathered you. I won't bother to reply to your mentions anymore including the others I'm seeing right now

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Jaideyone(m): 3:04pm On Feb 19, 2017
Shayetet13:

Then stop talking about killing pythons. There is a law in Nigeria against indiscriminate killing of wildlife with jail sentences. So if Nigeria was to be a law abiding nation, you won't be killing wildlife anyways. So if you want to talk about culture, please choose another topic aside killing wildlife.
lol a law against wildlife preservation in Nigeria? what a joke grin with all those pictures of pythons being killed online daily? abeg carry your wahala go. I only used it as an example. I've never killed a snake so swerve

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Jaideyone(m): 3:07pm On Feb 19, 2017
obstead200:

@ the bolded, that is exactly my point. If I live in akure, I can go around and proclaim to the world that I am the Eze of my family and my compound in akure. As far as I don't usurp the authority of the Deji of akure over the akure pple, I am entirely within my rights to rule my compound and my family.
That is exactly the circumstance we are looking at here. The eze ndigbo is not usurping the authority of the Deji. He acknowledges that the Deji is the monarch over all akure. His pple however selected him and said be our leader in akure. Be our representative in front of the Deji. As our tradition demands, we will call u 'Eze'. That is all. If not for spite, the stupid Deji need not worry his petty head over what the igbo chose to call their leader, as long as they did not crown him another Deji and as long as his activities does not usurp the authority of the dDeji.
lol in that case you will only be the eze of your family. Igbos are only know for chest beating. no same ethnic tribe will allow outsiders disrespect their customers especially when he has been staying in the land for several years

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Jaideyone(m): 3:09pm On Feb 19, 2017
Lightening:

Deji is the one that should go to court, unless he wishes to take laws into his hands. This time around, he will be thoroughly embarrassed.
the law is already behind the Deji as he was presented with a staff of office by the governor when he was crowned. the same can not be said of your eze. if he goes against the directive he'll be flogged again and again and there's nothing anyone can do

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Jaideyone(m): 3:10pm On Feb 19, 2017
Lightening:

Funny. You are as illiterate as your dumb deji. Take away a title he did not give? How foolish!
lol I understand your pain but the directive has been given already. if the eze tries to be unruly he'll be whipped in line. sorry iPod flaty

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by baysol: 3:13pm On Feb 19, 2017
vanbonattel:

These people are chronically insecure. I can remember one unhinged Oba in Lagos who threatened his peaceful visitors to drown them in the lagoon if they refused to vote a particular candidate!

This bi..t..chy tribe that go every where to cause mayhem and trouble.... one day monkey go go market no go return ooooo.

2 Likes

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by YungMillionaire: 3:35pm On Feb 19, 2017
Okay. This is my opinion. In Warri we also have the Ndigbo-leader but we have no problem with them because the Igbos in Warri respect themselves. I don't think the indigbo-leader Warri would dare disrespect the Olu of Warri. If he did, we will make sure he is replaced sharp sharp. This is why I think that the problem is not the title but the disrespect of the Deji by this particular Ezeindigbo. The Igbos in Akure should do the following:

1. Apologize to the Deji for the uncouth conduct of their leader.

2. Accept the name change - this will show the people of Akure that you are committed to peace.

Please don't quote me with rubbish. I don't have time for little kids.

6 Likes

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by JideAmuGiaka: 3:37pm On Feb 19, 2017
bundle33:
....u'are mad for sayin such words on this platform for elders...U Ibo are lunatics anmd full of pride that's the reason you will not smell president of Nigeria till enternity...take the post or leave Akure...well it can't happened in my area of Okitipupa/Ikale district...

Your parents are mad and your entire kindred and community are lunatics.
Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by raumdeuter: 3:44pm On Feb 19, 2017
Kudos to the Deji

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by JideAmuGiaka: 3:50pm On Feb 19, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

Is Ohaneze ndigbo one man?

You don't even know you culture

We know ourselves, one person will not come out and speak claiming to be Ohaneze
Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by clinz: 3:56pm On Feb 19, 2017
Some of you reason like nimrod. Can any you show me the constitutional right of the Deji to either choose or even interfere in the lawful assembly of another group not within his own believe. Those of you dishing out baseless support for the Deji should go through the meaning of chapterIV of the constitution of FRN particularly section 40 and have a rethink..... If he is so disturbed about the name, he should change his to a follower.
Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by YungMillionaire: 4:03pm On Feb 19, 2017
cyrilamx:
That why I cherish my Benin monarch...the bini culture forbids giving out chieftaincy title to non Binis. And no one can parade himself a monarch of any sort in Benin Kingdom. There is no such title as eze-indigbo or igwe in Benin. To be candid the igbos must learn to obey stipulated rules of their host community...the Deji ain't say you can't reside in his domain, rather he against u having a parallel monarchy regardless of whatever name it comes with...it is not about bring insecure as some igbos re posting here, rather a veil challenge to his regal authority. When u re in Rome, learn to live as the Romans. Such impudence can't be tolerated in Benin Kingdom. Nothing like Eze-indigbo...I guess Benin is d only city with such an exception.

Agreed. Even in Warri Igbos respect themselves OTHERWISE they know what we will do if any miscreant dares to disrespect the Olu.

3 Likes

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Guyman02: 4:06pm On Feb 19, 2017
Why do Yorubas dread Igbos so much (especially Yoruba Muslims) that their paranoia is making their Obas to shiver at the mention of Igbo even after years of intermarriages and being inlaws.
Here in the North no Emir or Sariki see them as threat to their offices and we have Eze Ndigbo in virtually every community you find Igbos.
Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Lushore1: 4:11pm On Feb 19, 2017
tifany89:

Please let's be sensible n stop making wild allegations. Where u there? Dats how u people say things u don't know n makes it looks like it's d truth. Is dat the first time d Eze ndigbo will be going to d Dejis palace oga? Has he been wearing his cap? Why wld he refused to take off his cap? Stop spreading false rumours I beg in God's name

I guess this is the first time you are hearing about this, this subject has been debated here sometimes last year. You can look for the old thread....
Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by YungMillionaire: 4:15pm On Feb 19, 2017
tifany89:

Please u r educated speak like someone dat is. U r arguments so far does not hold water. U know d truth but u r just trying to be partial here out of ethnic sentiments. How does d issue at hand has to do with u killing pythons? Ur analogy doesn't make sense n it is flawed. Quit looking at d issue from the surface coz I believe there is more to it. I don't see how wat a people choose to refer to their leader becomes a problem to anyone . Nobody is trying to usurp the Deji's authority or whatever. From the write up u will see d palace even solicited for the Igbos support for his coronation through the Eze ndigbo so wat den is the problem? The title has been there for long n even in Benin where I reside it's the same thing but u don't see d Oba insisting on choosing a leader or a title for the Igbos.

grin WHO IS LYING BETWEEN THE TWO OF YOU? grin

cyrilamx:
That why I cherish my Benin monarch...the bini culture forbids giving out chieftaincy title to non Binis. And no one can parade himself a monarch of any sort in Benin Kingdom. There is no such title as eze-indigbo or igwe in Benin. To be candid the igbos must learn to obey stipulated rules of their host community...the Deji ain't say you can't reside in his domain, rather he against u having a parallel monarchy regardless of whatever name it comes with...it is not about bring insecure as some igbos re posting here, rather a veil challenge to his regal authority. When u re in Rome, learn to live as the Romans. Such impudence can't be tolerated in Benin Kingdom. Nothing like Eze-indigbo...I guess Benin is d only city with such an exception.
Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by GodIsBiafran: 4:24pm On Feb 19, 2017
YungMillionaire:
Okay. This is my opinion. In Warri we also have the Ndigbo-leader but we have no problem with them because the Igbos in Warri respect themselves. I don't think the indigbo-leader Warri would dare disrespect the Olu of Warri. If he did, we will make sure he is replaced sharp sharp. This is why I think that the problem is not the title but the disrespect of the Deji by this particular Ezeindigbo. The Igbos in Akure should do the following:

2. Accept the name change - this will show the people of Akure that you are committed to peace.

Gawd (while I do not support the Ezeindigbo title outside Igboland) why am I not surprised you are supporting the Deji? Typical Itshekiri man of course you will ALWAYS support Yoruba over Igbos. The Yorubas don't even recognize your people but you spend all your time taking their side against Igbos - grow up boy!
Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by YungMillionaire: 4:30pm On Feb 19, 2017
GodIsBiafran:

Gawd (while I do not support the Ezeindigbo title outside Igboland) why am I not surprised you are supporting the Deji? Typical Itshekiri man of course you will ALWAYS support Yoruba over Igbos. The Yorubas don't even recognize your people but you spend all your time taking their side against Igbos - grow up boy!

Didn't you see my warning where I said I don't want useless kids like you quoting me with nonsense? Yes. I am Itshekiri and I am proud of it. I am also proud of our cultural connection with Yorubas (In fact, if not for useless Nigerian politics Itshekiris and Yorubas are essentially same people). However, that does not mean because of this I am automatically anti-Igbo. Nor does it mean I can not express my opinion with honesty and fairness.

3 Likes

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Ruggedpen: 4:31pm On Feb 19, 2017
Jaideyone:
good you are the eze of your family not the eze of akure. some of you are just not smart enough to get it. disrespectful iPod yoots and empty pride are like bread and butter.
if you like call the obi of Onitsha he-goat and greet him with a sliding tackle but the moment you get to Yoruba land respect our customs and tradition
Not that igbo's are respecting ur traditions and customs but u guys are envious of their achievements in your land, before was Oba of Lagos and now is oba Akure, I think their use igbo race to gained popularity.
Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Guyman02: 4:34pm On Feb 19, 2017
modath:

Sarki is CHIEF, Yoruba has Leader .... None is called emir or oba!! & I'm sure none of them goes to the Obi's domain without first asking people around (incase he is new or a toddler who doesn't know the tradition of a place he has been for donkey years) how things are done in Onitsha....

You don't wear a crown to an Oba's palace unless you are a king of equal stature.... it is not done!!

Let's even leave that aside, we may all live in Nigeria but Akure is in the southwestern part of Nigeria & populated by a Yoruba majority which as it's extant in the republican/democratic falsehood most of you propagate, the same "sick demented" person has the paramount leadership position & has the right to give an executive order!!!! & like y'all hailed drumpf, it is HIS RIGHT to do so.. sad

***mic drop***
You are very ignorant. The full title of the Emir of Kano is Mai Martaba Sarkin Kano. The people of Kano dont use the word 'Emir' to describe Sanusi Muhammad, the call him Sarkin Kano.
Emir or Amir is Arabic name for leaders or head while Sarki is the Hausa word for King
Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Ruggedpen: 4:37pm On Feb 19, 2017
What if this Nigga have been bribed by another igbo man so he can be the ezendigbo
Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Guyman02: 4:38pm On Feb 19, 2017
To worsen the Obas situation the incoming first Lady Mrs Akeredolu is an Igbo woman, will he ask the Gov elect to divorce her because she is Igbo?
Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by AkinPhysicist: 4:41pm On Feb 19, 2017
Nigeria has not reached the stage where somebody will disrespect a Yoruba monarch in his own palace and that person will go unpunished. I pray Nigeria never gets to that point. Never. Deji we back you 100% - carry go OmoAkin.

1 Like

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Guyman02: 4:42pm On Feb 19, 2017
gbeseun:

on ur papa land snow, can I go and be crowned in Anambra as the Oba of anambra land
ur mumu eze can go back home to claim his title
Yes. And no one in Igbo land will care as long as you are law abiding. There is Oba od Yoruba in Enugu and Sarkin Hausawa in every state in the SE
Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Guyman02: 4:50pm On Feb 19, 2017
YungMillionaire:

The Olu of Warri is too big to care about the title of Eze Ndigbo title. He cant condescend so low like this Deji. Even if the Eze Ndigbo wears father Christmas cloth to visit him in the palace he will just laugh over it as everyone already knows whom the Olu is
Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by uckennety(m): 4:56pm On Feb 19, 2017
Jaideyone:
lie lie iPod yoot. if I kill a Python in iboland I'll be asked to perform some dvmbass rituals. it's your custom and I didn't kill a Python during my stay there. when you get to akure respect constituted authority. simple as ABC

E PAIN AM!!!!

D ritual aint compulsory! If u dare don't do it grin

Ur fight wid D oracle

Re: Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:09pm On Feb 19, 2017
Horllamideh:

The former king is not the father of the current king..... kingship is rotated between the royal families and it's sometimes up to 5 in a town. Call the Deji's order anything you like......There's even a clause for the King's stand on the issue "A means to check excesses". His say is final and nothing (not even the court) can stop it. The best any court can rule over the matter is out-of-court settlement and that put the Eze ndigbo matter in the hand of the King again.
grin grin grin but a king was summoned to the court not quite long may.
Nobody is bigger than the law.
Abeg a wise king knows how to co-exist with others.
No be yaw yaw. That king no dey matured abeg.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi And Wuraola Celebrate Children's Day With Kids(Pics) / Most Plausible Reason Why Some Binis and Igbos Have Fairer Skin Colour / Things Nigerians Call Twice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.