Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) (79368 Views)

Ike Eweama Promoted To Colonel In US Army (Photos) / Nigerian Lady In The US Army Confused Her Colleague With Pidgin English / Oluwatobi Al-Bakare Becomes Second Lieutenant Of US Army, Husband Celebrates Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) by teganto(m): 2:04pm On Feb 21, 2017
NASO WE GO DE DEY? grin
Re: Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) by hucienda: 2:05pm On Feb 21, 2017
Salute, Soldier! cool
Re: Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) by Enemyofpeace: 2:05pm On Feb 21, 2017
shamecurls:
The lady alone should single high handedly be able to exterminate the Biafran army if history could be recalled.

Ojukwu would have fled earlier than he did.
walahi you spoke my mind
Re: Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) by Bimpe29: 2:08pm On Feb 21, 2017
Nice of you jareeeh. She went to where she would be better equipped and motivated.
But, am seeing AWOYEMI boldly inscribed on her uniform.
I wish her a successful career there in the US army.
Re: Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) by kolajoo(m): 2:09pm On Feb 21, 2017
Congrats Awoyemi. OP biko remove that Deborah abi wetin u call am.
Re: Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) by Limitless72(m): 2:10pm On Feb 21, 2017
PrinceAbinibi:
why don't you come back home to fight in Sambisa...

Which home...?the ones that are even here in nigeria.,..how are the been treated,,,nonesense like sey if nah you,,,you go come back diz country that isn't worth dying for!!!!..#SHIUR.....
Re: Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 21, 2017
coolshegs10:
Someone should please clarify my doubts o.. How did this lady do it?
Was she a citizen of the States before or she became one after willing to join the army or after she joined the army, or she left for the states immediately after her secondary school here in naija which gave her the leverage to do so, or what exactly?
Please explain. How was this possible?

its pretty easy, just get a Visa to the US first, Be a gud friend with a Nigerian ambassador( easy, they don play big man over there).

I think you need to spend atleast two years for the army. its being long so there might be slight changes.

its nice though cause na weekend soldier you go be
Re: Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) by Firstcitizen: 2:12pm On Feb 21, 2017
Na paper dis one dey find
Re: Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) by hucienda: 2:13pm On Feb 21, 2017
deb303:
namesy... go girl... it's better than Nigerian Army jare

Your namesake abi angry Deborah, why you dey yab ur kuntri military? embarassed how you take no weda US Army beta pass Naija Army? angry
Re: Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) by komekn(m): 2:15pm On Feb 21, 2017
coolshegs10:
Was she a citizen of the States before or she became one after willing to join the army or after she joined the army, or she left for the states immediately after her secondary school here in naija which gave her the leverage to do so, or what exactly?

A number of Nations recruit directly into thier armed forces particularly from countries with similar ideological and cultural identities.

I know the British armed forces recruited from Ghana and the Gambia directly up until about 4/5years ago.

I know they didn't come to Nigeria, possibly because they would have been overwhelmed and it would have been a national embarrassment.

The USA practices similar approaches in recruitment. Possibly the best route is as a student signing up for reserve officer training which will mean extra cash and if you sign up accelerated citizenship.
Re: Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) by Incognito101: 2:16pm On Feb 21, 2017
Just2pretty. Me likey....
Re: Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) by Sammyramires(m): 2:16pm On Feb 21, 2017
Seeing all the equipments available to terminate your detractors is enough to motivate one to go to war without thinking about the consequences.

American soldiers got swags and Nigerian Soldiers too got........... FILL IN THE GAP

@sammyramires
Re: Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) by AngelicBeing: 2:18pm On Feb 21, 2017
cool
Re: Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) by madjune(m): 2:19pm On Feb 21, 2017
PrinceAbinibi:

What has Nigeria done for you since you were born?

Answer with all sincerity.
Dont be emotional.
Re: Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) by starwar(m): 2:25pm On Feb 21, 2017
coolshegs10:
I think she got her work permit and went for that
Re: Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) by Nobody: 2:25pm On Feb 21, 2017
Sammyramires:
Seeing all the equipments available to terminate your detractors is enough to motivate one to go to war without thinking about the consequences.

American soldiers got swags and Nigerian Soldiers too got........... FILL IN THE GAP

@sammyramires

keep kwayet, Nigerian soldiers are the best; if not i don wan abandoned my farm & cute goats i will have join the Army after my NYSC don finish

Re: Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) by claremont(m): 2:26pm On Feb 21, 2017
coolshegs10:

You don't need to be a citizen to join either the US Army or the British Army. There are certain soldier roles that are open to anyone legally living in either countries, but officer roles are exclusively for citizens.
Re: Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) by RobbStark(m): 2:27pm On Feb 21, 2017
PrinceAbinibi:

You that is in Naija, wat hav you contributed to your beloved country.

Gallant Soldier.
Re: Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) by InvertedHammer: 2:34pm On Feb 21, 2017
/
Joining the US military is as easy as ABC once you graduate from High School (I assume you are a citizen or green card holder).

Military personnel are not viewed the same way as they are seen in Nigeria. They don't go about brutalizing citizens or turning into monster terrorists among the citizens. There is a chance that an adult you meet might have passed through the military system. It is not much of a big deal unless for the ones who had/have been deployed.

In Nigeria you hear jokes like "if a soldier slaps you.." thus confering some kind of superhuman power to military personnel. They are human. They bleed and die like everyone else.
\

1 Like

Re: Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) by Resees: 2:34pm On Feb 21, 2017
KELVIN086:

In the army there is the active and the reserve, to join the active you have to be a US citizen , which this lady probably is. To join the reserve you don't have to be a US citizen , but you have to have been in the US legally for like a year or 2. But they stopped recruiting foreigners to the reserve last year , due to some info about terrorists joining the reserve through that means,(that's what I heard from some guys sha). Maybe they might start recruiting again in the near future . And when you join the reserve as a foreigner , u become a citizen direct, sharp sharp.
And all you do in the reserve is go for weekend trainings ,you can continue your normal day job as an engineer or doctor e.t.c in your private organization, and you collect like 2000 to 1000 dollars every month from the army for doing nothing but just light trainings like 3 times a month. Lots of naija guys in my school went that route to gain citizenship. But joining the active is far better than joining the reserve , but as a foreigner that's the only option u have.
You don't have to be a citizen to join a US army unless she is going for Marine and to be a US citizen you will have to apply and go through the processes just like everyone else..It is not automatically..if not people will take the advantage join the army just to gain the citizenship and then quit right after that..
Re: Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) by YesNoMaybe: 2:34pm On Feb 21, 2017
decatalyst:

Actually a marine! undecided

Fit than you can imagine!

Truth.
Seals>>>Rangers >>>Marines
Re: Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) by inourcare: 2:35pm On Feb 21, 2017
Re: Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) by Btruth: 2:39pm On Feb 21, 2017
decatalyst:

Not very Nigerian is proud of their country!
...what's there to be proud of now? Did you not read about Nigerian army that were supposed to be protecting her citizens beaten up a crippled man to stupor some weeks ago?

undecided
Re: Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) by saajus: 2:45pm On Feb 21, 2017
If the job you are doing is very important and they need you, they have a right to hold on to you and stop you from joining other branch. It means you have to fulfill your contract. Active contract is 4 yrs, reserve is 6 yrs. When your contract expires, you have a choice to keep renewing it until you retire after 20 yrs or get out after your first contract. If your commander release you, then you can join other branch before your contract expires.

The primary reason why Nigerians and some other foreigners in the US enlisted in the USarmy is that, Military is the fastest way to citizenship. Sometimes, foreigners get enslaved when they marry wrong Americans. Your partner may be requesting for every money you make and you dare not talk.Your partner may bring men to the house you are paying its bills, you dare not raise your hands. Some get fed up and think they can continue like that for 5 yrs before green card turns citizen, that is why they go enlist. After 9 weeks of military training in which a typical Naija guy can withstand, you will become a citizen..Naija run away from their misery after they return from the training.

Green card can join all their branches of military (Army, Airforce, Navy, Marines)

Any soldier could be deployed to war zones (Iraq/Afghanistan) but the chance is very low if you are in the reserves. Remember, when you are deployed, you will only do the job you are trained to do. Some are cook. Some are infantry. Some are medics.Some are Engineers.Some are pastors.

coolshegs10:

Wow! I'm so happy with this kind explanation. Thanks very much sir. I've always been wondering how possible it would be to join the US army. I so much love them.
One more question sir
1. After joining the reserve and gaining a citizenship, can one later cross to another branch within the military and become an active member?
2. Will the reserves go to war or participate in major conflicts even when the need arises?

2 Likes

Re: Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) by MPEROR: 2:47pm On Feb 21, 2017
GLAMOROUS..............You should see them when they come back from conflict or seen combat

DEATH IS DEATH NOTHING GLAMOROUS ABOUT IT

YOU DO IT WHEN THERE IS NO BETTER CHOICE
Re: Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) by Nobody: 2:48pm On Feb 21, 2017
as the saying goes, if u want to eat frog, eat the one that has eggs.
Re: Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) by Bestbeelieve: 2:51pm On Feb 21, 2017
cool down dia!na by pissure...abi you think say army things na snap snap snap snap......na so you go snap intelligence info put for facebook
Re: Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) by JeffreyJamez(m): 2:53pm On Feb 21, 2017
I love US Battle kit sha grin
Re: Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) by sinadrey: 2:55pm On Feb 21, 2017
Please if you are a victim of the mmm scandal.. Kindly read comments on nairaland.. grin it will save you from suicide

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) by seun1960(m): 2:58pm On Feb 21, 2017
Oh my goodness! She's so pretty...watsapp on 08078011943 or 08179873256

Re: Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) by mayorwah98(m): 3:03pm On Feb 21, 2017
PrinceAbinibi:
Sambisa Make she remain there ooo. Even if anything do her, US government go do her well, than our government
Re: Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) by mayorwah98(m): 3:11pm On Feb 21, 2017
AreaFada2:

My brother, I bin dey think say maybe I need to see my optician if I go needed glasses. I nor See Johnson anywhere. grin cheesy
They no wan tell us say she come from West. #westdetalwaysrep... Anywhere!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Female Soldier 'Who Is Too Pretty' For The Work She Does Speaks (Video) / Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) / Lacasera Shuts Down Operations; Sacks All Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.