Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,387 members, 7,822,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard (46000 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Invade Mbatoho, Makurdi, Order 5000 Villagers To Vacate Homes / South Africans React To Zuma's Statue In Imo / Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by ItsMeAboki(m): 9:30pm On Feb 23, 2017
MutantMetahuman:
other companies will expand and employ more people.
and those who lost their job will easily get employed in these new companies based on their experiences. It's simple common sense.
When the likes of celtel, econet and vmobile left, did you feel any impact execpt those companies are dead and burried after pulling out of nigerian market.

Banks that fold up, what do you think happens after?

south africans have more to lose than nigerians if those people lose nigerian market.
Mtn alone shipped over 30billion dollars last year to their company in south african do you know what that means for their economy?
I for one would love to see mtn crumble and allow glo to take over.

It is not a matter of who would lose out the most but the method of going about it.

NANS proposed action is wrong and illegal and they know it.

These companies are registered in Nigeria and protected by Nigerian and relevant international laws.
If they should proceed and destroy such properties then they are leaving themselves wide open to litigation for a wide range of compensation (money which I doubt if they have).

The immediate impact of their actions in the country would be the loss of Nigerian jobs by their fellow compatriots - believe me none of the companies you cited went down without massive casualties.

What should happen, as I already mentioned should be diplomatic and legal through our government for compensation for the dead, injured and damaged/loss of property.

NANS has no right taking the law into its own hands.
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by senitorspeaker(m): 9:45pm On Feb 23, 2017
Pls were is ...president to defend our pple? ...Lia Mohammed to lie us out of this truth dats happening ...Adsina 1st class graduate of prof lia Mohammed to talk plenty D ambassador of nigeria to S.A
Abi dem go vacation too?
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by OreMI22: 9:45pm On Feb 23, 2017
Just DEPORT SOUTH AFRICANS and nationalize their companies.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by Horus(m): 9:46pm On Feb 23, 2017
'Leave South Africa Or We Kill You All' - SA Hate Group Threaten Nigerians

A hate group on Facebook has vowed to make sure Nigerians leave South Africa or they would all be killed.

Not yet satisfied with their xenophobic attacks on Nigerians and their businesses in South Africa, some extremist youths have gone ahead to threaten to kill Nigerians if they refuse to leave their country.

They have gone ahead to create a Facebook group called 'Get Nigerian Drug Dealers out of SA' and in just a few days, the group has gathered over 5,000 members and they all want one thing: to force Nigerians out of their country by all means.

All the members preach hatred for Nigerians whom they see as drug lords, scammers, kidnappers, armed robbers and the one corrupting their women who have now turned to prostitution at the behest of the Nigerians.

A post by the administrator of the group tells it all and they are all up in arms against Nigerians.

Read the post here:

"The Nigerian drug lords need to be run out of town; they are slowing creeping into other suburbs... A friend last night found a group of them selling their 'wares' on a pavement opposite her house.

She took photos of the scene and send it to the SAPS WhatsApp. They claimed that the Ford Focus was broken down and they were waiting for the tow truck. She stated that if that was indeed the case, then, they would not mind her taking photos of activities.

The men verbally abused her. Despite them trying to mishandle her physically, she captured the photos of the Nigerians drinking from the boots of their cars etc.

She persisted and stated that she was going to publish the photos...in seconds they 'escaped' from the scene; even the Ford Focus that was waiting for a tow truck.

Nigerians are criminals and they are living on borrowed time.

Let's start a campaign - #Nigeriancriminals must FALL."

Source: http://pulse.ng/gist/leave-or-we-kill-you-all-sa-hate-group-threaten-nigerians-id6263237.html

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by Fadedjeans: 10:06pm On Feb 23, 2017
RooRuudRonSaha:
south africans can kill as many nigerians as possible, it is their land. Nigerians are criminals. If it is good that trump doesnt want muslims in america then it is good south africa doesnt want nigerians as nigerians are criminals.

What an insane comment! Go straight to the point and say you support xenophobia. Nigerians are criminals, then what are south Africans? Those people criticizing the students union, I hope you can see this comment? Clearly this is the mindset of those xenophobics. Kill all Nigerians 'cause they are criminals.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by chidissolomon: 10:10pm On Feb 23, 2017
pls can we do NIGERIA a Favour by switching all our MTN sim cards OOOOOOFFFFFFFF for 3[three]DAYS to show our support for the great NIGERIA STUDENTS PROTEST.THANK YOU ALLL?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by Nobody: 10:14pm On Feb 23, 2017
darknetcom:

we dont have to establish anything...shey na only south africans sabi telecominations in the world??..

I can't see any other companies lining up to come and invest in Nigeria. Even politicians are taking their investments out of the country
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by sham8co(m): 10:21pm On Feb 23, 2017
This pple don see naija finish oh. Wallahi when we start our own dem go regret.
Mtn most go.
Shoprite most go.
Make una mind una self oh
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by brosammy(m): 10:22pm On Feb 23, 2017
This is so disheartened,if the same African country South Africa for that matter could be humiliation Nigeria.But Y is this country encountering hardship in all area?
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by cybriz82(m): 10:27pm On Feb 23, 2017
SuperSuave:
grin Pls let me know when it's time for us to invade shoprite!! grin #Enoughisenough

am telling u...mek me too run go buy 10 ghana must go bags n wheelbarrow.
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by akymme(m): 10:28pm On Feb 23, 2017
freeborn76:
This is unreasonable...we are been reactive as usual. Majority of the South Africans here provide legit services and create employment in their thousands for Nigerian nationals; most Nigerians in S.A. on the other hand are involved in drug peddling and other vices. Abeg, let's stop this senseless reactive diplomacy. You chase out 3000 South Africans, they chase out 3 million Nigerians, whose loss? The focus of the FG should be creating an enabling environment for Nigerians to thrive here
Clap for yourself, so the penalty for Nigerians dealing drugs in SA, is jungle justice

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by NoToPile: 10:32pm On Feb 23, 2017
InvertedHammer:
/
Read the comments and learn.

The students haven't even started and some cowardly Nigerians are already fidgeting, preaching for peace and talking about job loss.

Those great countries like US, Germany, Britain etc that lousy Nigerians run to had dirty pasts when they had to fight to earn respect.
A German national was just kidnapped in Kaduna. When Germany comes for his rescue, they will not be talking about peace and jobs. That is a serious country.
Nigerians are always thinking with their stomach. Match on them, spit on them, as long as belle dey full no wahala.
/

I just had to quote you.

This one is even better at least one can pretend to think they are trying to prevent show of violence from the students.

I was more shocked when people were almost blaming the FG for slamming the fine(which they were aware of the amount ) on mtn when they clearly contravened the agreement they were part of for this same "jobs will be lost if they leave" reason when we all know mtn can't afford to leave Nigeria if they can help it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by cybriz82(m): 10:37pm On Feb 23, 2017
maxwell60:
Just imagine mtn, shoprite, dstv leaving Nigeria. Nigerians you guys should think twice you know you have nothing except oil. Smh

no b who dn chop belleful deygo shoprite n subcripe on dstv? guy abeg mek dem start d gbege me dn dey shoprite already with my ghana must go bags.
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by Banter1(m): 10:40pm On Feb 23, 2017
freeborn76:
This is unreasonable...we are been reactive as usual. Majority of the South Africans here provide legit services and create employment in their thousands for Nigerian nationals; most Nigerians in S.A. on the other hand are involved in drug peddling and other vices. Abeg, let's stop this senseless reactive diplomacy. You chase out 3000 South Africans, they chase out 3 million Nigerians, whose loss? The focus of the FG should be creating an enabling environment for Nigerians to thrive here
I'm very sorry for what I'm about to say.

But you are a very stewpid somebody.
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by freeborn76(m): 10:41pm On Feb 23, 2017
Banter1:
I'm very sorry for what I'm about to say.

But you are a very stewpid somebody.

Thank you
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by ceejay4real(m): 10:57pm On Feb 23, 2017
They should also picket all branches of Stanbic IBTC Bank nationwide. Enough of this nonsense!
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by cybriz82(m): 11:02pm On Feb 23, 2017
mek them kukuma start to dey hang anybody found with hard drugs...yes beeni mo so...u catch emeka with hard drugs...u go burn kayode shop haba for wetin nau? cnt u see that their shape of head is diffrence..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by Fiverrgig(m): 11:17pm On Feb 23, 2017
According to my calculations, 24 hrs from today will be Saturday. I know there will be dss and police at mtn, shop rite, and dstv offices but I ain't deterred. I have been feeding on drinking garri for two weeks already.. Today was worse, no sugar nor groundnut ... I'm mobilizing my friends.... Shop rite on my mind... I reside at Abuja.... So shop rite located at Abuja.....I am so sorry that our first encounter has to be this way but God knows best.... By tomorrow, I will be arranging my bags and weapons.... There's no point living on empty stomach when one alien has the yam and the knife in my father's land. It's high time we share the yam.
Bleep SAs.... One Nigerian is crazier than 5 SAs. We meet on Saturday.
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by Fiverrgig(m): 11:20pm On Feb 23, 2017
silverluci:
Our beloved bbnaija is in South Africa o. Wait till dem finish the show na.
Why should it be done in SA? Call it BBSA ojare
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by RooRuudRonSaha(m): 11:28pm On Feb 23, 2017
darknetcom:

kill??..i dont think in killing...i can finish somebody without killing ram..

but their are those that dont care to kill you...

south africans dont want to wake this wans up...believe me...
na so una dey make mouth before dem kill una like rats
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by Fadedjeans: 11:34pm On Feb 23, 2017
RooRuudRonSaha:
you are a fucking bastard,didn't you applaud trump,'s ban on muslims. Bleep your mother

Lmao you're delusional, but I wouldn't call the mods on you. Don't troll sensitive topics, I don't know if you're a South African but I definitely know you're one of the problems the world needs to rid of.
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by middlebelter(m): 11:36pm On Feb 23, 2017
freeborn76:

In as much as I believe in peaceful coexistence, it is time to tell Jacob Zuma's government and by extension the black South Africans that there is a limit to human tolerance when pushed to the wall. It clearly inhuman to treat the people that helped you out of difficulty unkindly

Because South African companies are employing Nigerians on our soil doesn't make them God. We have had nationalisation of companies owned by UK in the past and South Africa may not be an exception in the 21st century.
Nigerians in South Africa can still return to Nigeria and life will continue, but if we fail to send a very strong signal to this criminals, you can be sure in the long run you may not have any Nigerian in South Africa that will survive the future attack. When you are talking to someone, you've got to speak the language the person understands. Can't you see that the only language Zuma's errand boys understand is violence, do you think Zuma gas an iota of regard for Nigeria? Can you recollect how he relegated Nigerian president to the background during the burial of Mandela? Was he completely lacking in sense of history how Mandela was housed in Ikoyi, Lagos for protection and assistance during apartheid?

The arguments that Nigerian in South Africa are criminal is been sold to the gullible. How is it possible for Nigerians to be the only drug pushers in South Africa, get me right, am not supporting g criminality but hey, you know that if Nigerian are alleged to be sell drugs, who are the buyers? Are they not South Africans? How many of the buyer have been arrested? Are all Nigerians drug pushers? Can't you see failure of leadership /governance in Zuma's government?

If Zuma's government failed to accord us the respect we deserve and when ahead to covertly support criminal attack against Nigerians by not ensure adequate security coverage for Nigerians, he should be reminded that nobody has monopoly of violence.
A few year ago, we some Nigerian parliamentarians were forcefully deported from South Africa and Nigeria retaliated, did Zuma not step in?

This people have stayed so long under apartheid that they think violence against their black brothers should be the way to resolve their economic crisis.
My final admonition to Nigerian students as an elder is to engage on a non-violent protest. Block MTN, DSTV, etc office with peaceful protest and banner condemning the xenophobic attack against Nigerians in South Africa, let all International media carry the news. By so doing, you would have sent a clear message not only to Zuma's administration, but the whole word about the crime. This is clearly a way to show them we are more civilised.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by Ellieanna: 11:42pm On Feb 23, 2017
freeborn76:
Don't mind them .....the shoprite and DSTV offices nationwide is it south Africans that work there, Nigerians would become jobless
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by Fadedjeans: 11:43pm On Feb 23, 2017
RooRuudRonSaha:
thunder fire your papa who dey fear mods,make dem kill nigerians who cares, trump banned muslims una dey rejoice,go and die

So that is your problem? Drink a glass of water and clear your head, then read the topic again. You should start reasoning coherently.
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by TimmyPapa(m): 11:46pm On Feb 23, 2017
freeborn76:

U wrote nonsense... Nigerians ar not to destroying d work buh send dem out and a Nigerian take charge of d work... on MtN move dem out den we build our own GLO expand it and enjoy it...we av airtel nd etisalat... more jobs will be created....ar u telling me all Nigerians in SA ar drug pushers.. NO... South africans are lazy... dy only take dat as an excuse not all nigerians in Sa ar drug pushers so think we'll b4 saying something ok #enoughisenough if u see how blacks ar bn killd dir..dir ar white in SA too let dem go aftr dem...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by Fadedjeans: 11:47pm On Feb 23, 2017
RooRuudRonSaha:
were orun1 I know the message just to let idiots like you to stop stereo typing.

You haven't drank the glass of water, you're still typing gibberish.
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by Fadedjeans: 11:52pm On Feb 23, 2017
RooRuudRonSaha:
that is why I called you were orun1

We're saying the same thing. Your brain is fuzzy, drink water to clear it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Storm Akoko Palace, Threaten To Kill Monarch / Nigerian Journalists Struggle For Fried Chicken At Inec Office (Photo) / INEC Voters Completed Registration Update (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.