Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,555 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Which Schools Are Best - Nigerian Schooling Or Uk Schooling ? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Schools Are Best - Nigerian Schooling Or Uk Schooling ? (4246 Views)

Why Hands Are Best Marriage Counsellors / Pls I Need Your Help With My Schooling / Schooling And Living On Campus: The Nigerian Experience... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Schools Are Best - Nigerian Schooling Or Uk Schooling ? by pahtahkee: 8:28am On Mar 18, 2008
blacklion:

please distinguish between private schools/university and the public ones where what you wrote up there applies
I guess you own a primary school or you are planning to do so. I went to a private primary school, and there have been times when strikes have been called for by NUT.

So please make your own tent while I design mine.

Thanks
Re: Which Schools Are Best - Nigerian Schooling Or Uk Schooling ? by jkpretty(f): 9:17am On Mar 18, 2008
Even tho i have felt, tasted and witnessed life in Nigeria as a student going thru all the hazzles that could ever be felt. I will still stand and say i prefer my kids to go thru Primary & Secondary in Naija. I want my children not only to have a feel of their culture from childhood but able to speak their language correctly. I want my kids to get used to the morals/food here in Nigeria. I want the true African blood to flow in their veins. That is one.

Now aside that, i can't bring up kids in another man's land, only for them to start quoting laws for me & telling me what they are old enough to do & what not. Cos no matter how well u raise ur kids, the tradition of the place u stay influence the child in way or the other. I stand to be corrected.

Now talking about schools, I don't regret the schools i went to here in Nigeria. If i were to pick schools again i might still pick those school i went to over again. And to think that Naija kids are always/usually more brainy than the kids that went thru primary/secondary schools over there. Now thinking of it when we were young and some of our cousins come around from the likes of US/UK. Their spoken English is the only thing i give kudos to, (that's because their Ist language did not take effect) but to write na whahala, to solve easy maths becomes headache. So what's the point. University could then be taken abroad simply because of what Nigeria has caused for herself, Since some company in Nigeria would simply state that they would prefer Universities off Nigeria.

I've also noticed that once a child moves abroad for education after the secondary school levels in Nigeria they go topping their classes , why, because the reading culture is already there. The foundation is solid. If marriage changes my plan, i won't even forgive myself.

@Poster So University in UK
Primary & Secondary here.
Re: Which Schools Are Best - Nigerian Schooling Or Uk Schooling ? by pahtahkee: 9:52am On Mar 18, 2008
jkpretty:

After reading your epistle, I still maintain, Education abroad, but holidays in naija.
Re: Which Schools Are Best - Nigerian Schooling Or Uk Schooling ? by jkpretty(f): 10:06am On Mar 18, 2008
pahtahkee:

After reading your epistle, I still maintain, Education abroad, but holidays in naija.
Olodo tongue
Re: Which Schools Are Best - Nigerian Schooling Or Uk Schooling ? by pahtahkee: 10:08am On Mar 18, 2008
jkpretty:

Olodo tongue
At least my children won't be like me if they school abroad. tongue grin
Re: Which Schools Are Best - Nigerian Schooling Or Uk Schooling ? by blacklion(m): 10:17am On Mar 18, 2008
jkpretty:

Even tho i have felt, tasted and witnessed life in Nigeria as a student going through all the hazzles that could ever be felt. I will still stand and say i prefer my kids to go through Primary & Secondary in Naija. I want my children not only to have a feel of their culture from childhood but able to speak their language correctly. I want my kids to get used to the morals/food here in Nigeria. I want the true African blood to flow in their veins. That is one.

Now aside that, i can't bring up kids in another man's land, only for them to start quoting laws for me & telling me what they are old enough to do & what not. Cos no matter how well u raise your kids, the tradition of the place u stay influence the child in way or the other. I stand to be corrected.

Now talking about schools, I don't regret the schools i went to here in Nigeria. If i were to pick schools again i might still pick those school i went to over again. And to think that Naija kids are always/usually more brainy than the kids that went through primary/secondary schools over there. Now thinking of it when we were young and some of our cousins come around from the likes of US/UK. Their spoken English is the only thing i give kudos to, (that's because their Ist language did not take effect) but to write na whahala, to solve easy maths becomes headache. So what's the point. University could then be taken abroad simply because of what Nigeria has caused for herself, Since some company in Nigeria would simply state that they would prefer Universities off Nigeria.

I've also noticed that once a child moves abroad for education after the secondary school levels in Nigeria they go topping their classes , why, because the reading culture is already there. The foundation is solid. If marriage changes my plan, i won't even forgive myself.

Word!!!

Ten gbosas for jkpretty!!!

Na she talk true!

[the only change i'll make is that i think primary school in the uk is alright - the real dangerous years are in secondary school]
Re: Which Schools Are Best - Nigerian Schooling Or Uk Schooling ? by jkpretty(f): 10:41am On Mar 18, 2008
@Blacklion
Thank you!

pahtahkee:

At least my children won't be like me if they school abroad. tongue grin
Yeah they may not be like u, but trust they might be like the kids u never imagined.
Re: Which Schools Are Best - Nigerian Schooling Or Uk Schooling ? by Chydobe: 12:39am On Aug 20, 2022
United Kingdom (UK) is home to one of the finest and top ranked schools in the world. United Kingdom has the best school facilities and takes great pride in the quality and standards her school possess.

It is worthy of note to state that, on the list of global university ranking, two UK schools sit comfortably amongs the top 5 schools in the world. This article brings to your knowledge the best top 10 universities in UK and reasons why they made the top 10 universities in UK list.

Click on the link below to see the list of top best universities in UK

https://www.scholarworldwide.com/top-10-universities-in-uk-best-ranked-universities-in-uk/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Single Parenthood - Trendy Or Trashy ? / Messed Up Situation With A Wrong Woman / My Home Is Collapsing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.