Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,495 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days (73110 Views)

Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ / GTB PLC Charge Me N367.29 To $1 In An Online Transaction, Is It Right? / Tony Elumelu Wears N400,000 Shirt To Staff Lunch Meeting (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by adioolayi(m): 10:31am On Feb 25, 2017
devvland:

Indeed. Nigerians are so full of crap. Just a few days ago Osinbajo was a mere commissioner who was there as part of the scenery. Now every Tom, Dicck, & Harry is calling him the man with the midas touch.

No doubt Osinbajo has a different from Buhari. But Ask yourself, though (ye that refuse to think for thyself) will Osinbajo execute any policy outside the context of Buhari's agenda?

Clearly, it smells like Esau, tastes like Esau, and feels like Esau...but is indubitably the some of Jacob.
I've not in anyway ridicule PMB, this is surely his administration... I'm only emphasizing how active and influential Prof Osinbajo, Kemi and Emefiele have grown against all the banters they've received
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by emmasege: 10:31am On Feb 25, 2017
Realdeals:

You're obviously a civil servant, what sort of economic theory is that? especially no 1, they should drop social welfare scheme including N-power and the rest for increase wage to mostly unproductive civil servants because they had two head, what is the % of the civil service to our population.
It 'll obviously have a multiplier effect on the economy. Do civil servants eat their monies? Artisans and market women once reasoned like you, but they now understand better.
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by LockDown69(m): 10:32am On Feb 25, 2017
So should we expect it to gain more in the coming weeks or what?
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by Nobody: 10:33am On Feb 25, 2017
Nellybii:

So how much is it?
exactly! I am not sure at the moment i will inquire instead of making false claims unlike some people on here.
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by CellTabRepairs: 10:34am On Feb 25, 2017
What I will like to read about is the argument put up by the CBN leadership which is at odds with the Presidency or National Economic Council. That, we were not told but that he was given a matching order. That matching order could be a politically motivated one if in reality there is no equivalent improvement in the Microeconomic indices that affect the common man (a larger %age of the population compared to those few for whom this instant reduction and dollar availability favours) other than the government being applauded merely by watching digit reductions.

What I am asking is; was there not a deliberate policy to devalue in order for it to be able to afford international loans in dollars to fund the budget? Are there options to finance Nigerian budget and spend on infrastructure and other real sectors that have the capacity to jump start the economy to buoyancy or we just look at dropped digits and clap?

This may just be a mirage. And without an equivalent sustained leapfrog of dollar income through oil, with government already going back to financing subsidy, this might just be a mirage because on the long run it won't be sustainable. Government will burn out its dollar stock fast just to stabilise Naira, economic activities will remain slow at current exchange rate gain(who wan import and lose at N460 actually except to sell at high rates) , and we will siddon dey look digits...no projects no money, managing to just pay salaries.

I hope I am wrong

**Click My Name & View That Resource You Need!**
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by Nobody: 10:34am On Feb 25, 2017
LockDown69:
So should we expect it to gain more in the coming weeks or what?
oh! Definitely! That's if this claims of 400 is even true.
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by Nobody: 10:35am On Feb 25, 2017
shortgun:
Nothing here to celebrate.
I bind the spirit that disallows you to see good thing in life.
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by mightyhazell: 10:37am On Feb 25, 2017
jide219:
I did not vote for any useless man
my bad!

Thot u were one of dem crocodile tear shedders!

I edit asap!

1 Like

Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by Iambond(m): 10:37am On Feb 25, 2017
Osibanjo is a Proffesor,
Buhari is an empty head
what do you think?
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by michoim(m): 10:38am On Feb 25, 2017
This IPoB CBN governor must just be removed.
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by LockDown69(m): 10:40am On Feb 25, 2017
gypsey:
oh! Definitely! That's if this claims of 400 is even true.
Ok that's good news.
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by Nobody: 10:40am On Feb 25, 2017
CellTabRepairs:
What I will like to read about is the argument put up by the CBN leadership which is at odds with the Presidency or National Economic Council. That, we were not told but that he was given a matching order. That matching order could be a politically motivated one if in reality there is no equivalent improvement in the Microeconomic indices that affect the common man (a larger %age of the population compared to those few for whom this instant reduction and dollar availability favours) other than the government being applauded merely by watching digit reductions.

What I am asking is; was there not a deliberate policy to devalue in order for it to be able to afford international loans in dollars to fund the budget? Are there options to finance Nigerian budget and spend on infrastructure and other real sectors that have the capacity to jump start the economy to buoyancy or we just look at dropped digits and clap?

This may just be a mirage. And without an equivalent sustainedleapfrog of dollar income through oil, with government already going back to financing subsidy, this might just be a mirage because on the long run it won't be sustainable. Government will burn out its dollar stock fast, economic activities will remain slow at current exchange rate gain, and we will siddon dey look digits...no projects no money, managing to just pay salaries.

I hope I am wrong

**Click My Name & View That Resource You Need!**
you are not wrong! This is exactly what it is! Infact we will wish we never heard that $$$ depreciated at 400 per $$, because it will ultimately climb to the highest tops i am predicting 700 to 800 = 1$. I hope i am wrong too.
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by Iambond(m): 10:40am On Feb 25, 2017
yeyeboi:
Nothing here to celebrate really , Nigerians are hypocrites before these zombies came it wasn't even up to 250/1$ and now you guys are celebrating 400/1$. Shame dey catch me for Nigerians matter
It's called a positive step, if you won't celebrate 400/1$ would you celebrate 600/1$ or if it kept going up, additionally it's called a way forward.

2 Likes

Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by Nobody: 10:42am On Feb 25, 2017
LockDown69:

Ok that's good news.
grin grin Good news! You say? I suspect you don't reside in nigeria.
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by LockDown69(m): 10:42am On Feb 25, 2017
Iambond:
Osibanjo is a Proffesor,
Buhari is an empty head
what do you think?
It's the same administration, don't be a dumb ass, stop being personal about it.

1 Like

Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by phkka1(m): 10:43am On Feb 25, 2017
God I thank you so much for inflicting an incurable diseases on President Buhari. You can now see that things are getting better. Please never allow him to come back to this country again. Do whatever you want to do with him wherever he is. Now give Osibanjo all that he needs to deliver this country called Nigeria out of this difficulty we have found ourselves. Thank you for answering our prayer in Jesus name - Amen.

1 Like

Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by LockDown69(m): 10:45am On Feb 25, 2017
gypsey:
grin grin Good news! You say? I suspect you don't reside in nigeria.
I do, forex plays a major role in our economy, sadly.
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by lastmaster(m): 10:45am On Feb 25, 2017
buhari shld not come back again
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by Iambond(m): 10:48am On Feb 25, 2017
LockDown69:

It's the same administration, don't be a dumb ass, stop being personal about it.
Typical Nigerian, always eager to curse, love or hate, it is what it is A step forward, a good sign, a way to go. Nigerians are happy about it, if you're angry you might as well be alone on that.
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by yeyeboi(m): 10:49am On Feb 25, 2017
Iambond:
It's called a positive step, if you won't celebrate 400/1$ would you celebrate 600/1$ or if it kept going up, additionally it's called a way forward.

Positive step my foot , tell me that when it's 200/1$
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by Iambond(m): 10:50am On Feb 25, 2017
yeyeboi:

Positive step my foot , tell me that when it's 200/1$
From 1 you count 2.Hopefully you understand.
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by yeyeboi(m): 10:51am On Feb 25, 2017
achieverme:

May your shame remain with you alone. Had it ever caught your mental attention (if you have any at all) that the naira had never appreciated by up to 40 Naira in one week in history before?

Market watchers said it was heading for 1000/$, and we all see their predictions of woe falling apart like castle of cards, and you feel it doesn't worth celebrating? It must be difficult being you.

I can see how much of a zombie u are , I don't care if it appreciates by 1day , if it's not as low as it was before then this government have failed you
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by Nobody: 10:53am On Feb 25, 2017
Iambond:
yes! I would celebrate 600/$ if it means people can earn more, get into employment, get paid good salary, health cares are free, enough money in peoples pocket, Good food on families tables, worker are paid, electricity is on 247 and so on yes! I would celebrate! You see? It' s not the price of dollars that is the problem! It is management! In otherwords bad leadership! When dollar was 180/$ was there electricity in nigeria? People still struggled politicians still looted. Again it is easy to blame dollars for bad, crooked and ineficient management. To divert attention from the real problem, were is the president by the way? Were the hell! Is he? We are told he is in london. really?

1 Like

Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by exlinkleads(f): 10:54am On Feb 25, 2017
achieverme:

May you be disappointed. Enemy of progress. Enemy of good tiding.

Amennnnnnnn oooo, I pray i will be disappointed by that.

But truth is, i have seen that scene before and i pray it wont happen again.

One thing with Nigeria is they know the right policies to put in place but they can't because some side dogs are benefiting from it.

who says this policy will be sustainable? is a matter of time, they will still blackmail them into rolling back the policy and what happens next? poof -- dollar will be 650 and 700

ndi ara
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by LockDown69(m): 10:54am On Feb 25, 2017
Iambond:
Typical Nigerian, always eager to curse, love or hate, it is what it is A step forward, a good sign, a way to go. Nigerians are happy about it, if you're angry you might as well be alone on that.
Yes I am Nigerian and I'm very happy about it, infact it has already helped me in the past two days, I didn't say otherwise, but I just stated a fact, we just pray for consistency. Sorry, I didn't mean to insult you.
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 25, 2017
yeyeboi:

I can see how much of a zombie u are , I don't care if it appreciates by 1day , if it's not as low as it was before then this government have failed you
Absolutely! Nigerians have been wired to celebrate surferings and settle for less. And they are always gratefull for mediocrity and inadequacy.

1 Like

Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by Iambond(m): 11:00am On Feb 25, 2017
gypsey:
yes! I would celebrate 600/$ if it means people can earn more, get into employment, get paid good salary, health cares are free, enough money in peoples pocket, Good food on families tables, worker are paid, electricity is on 247 and so on yes! I would celebrate! You see? It' s not the price of dollars that is the problem! It is management! In otherwords bad leadership! When dollar was 180/$ was there electricity in nigeria? People still struggled politicians still looted. Again it is easy to blame dollars for bad, crooked and ineficient management. To divert attention from the real problem, were is the president by the way? Were the hell! Is he? We are told he is in london. really?
Now you're asking too much from the so-called "same administration " no one is happy about the administration and as for the president, we've seen a similar occasion before with Yar'dua. It's better to be happy with the one we've seen, then pray for more,because if there can be a positive outcome in one part(Fall in price of $)there is a chance we will see it in others(Employment, Electricity Payment of workers etc.)
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by Nobody: 11:01am On Feb 25, 2017
LockDown69:

I do, forex plays a major role in our economy, sadly.
true!
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by Nobody: 11:03am On Feb 25, 2017
unclezuma:

My brother dollar price has never affected power generation go Ladipo go hear things things and goings onto dollar matters.

Go to farm. Is what that means. I won't support importation of such commodities. We have too much rich land to cultivate such. We don't need irrigation in most part of Nigeria. Why are we buying from countries who depend on irrigation to grow their crops
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by dckng16(m): 11:03am On Feb 25, 2017
Nne5:
Isoraite.
Osinbajo is better.Really!

I said it Before. Osibanjo will do well than bubu.
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by israelmao(m): 11:04am On Feb 25, 2017
I have once said the rigidity must be b matched with flexibility.Straitjacket policy is not the feature of robust economy there must be time to stand straight,time to blend and also time to squat.
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by Nobody: 11:04am On Feb 25, 2017
author=correctguy0900 post=54042121]

I give up.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Woman Slaps Man At UBA ATM In Port-Harcourt, Tears His Shirt And Singlet / Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead / RAGP (recharge And Get Paid ) Is A Very Big Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.