Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days (73107 Views)

Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ / GTB PLC Charge Me N367.29 To $1 In An Online Transaction, Is It Right? / Tony Elumelu Wears N400,000 Shirt To Staff Lunch Meeting (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by Okuda(m): 11:05am On Feb 25, 2017
frenchwine:
The propaganda machinery has come back to life, finally there is something to celebrate without telling a lie, at least this one can be seen by all, not the phantom achievements they claimed to have achieved.
Their trial and error policies has finally paid off, fulfilling the law of averages.

Lol
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by abbeyty(m): 11:06am On Feb 25, 2017
hope those prices that went up cuz of the high exchange rate are also coming down as well ?
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by Nobody: 11:08am On Feb 25, 2017
Iambond:
Now you're asking too much from the so-called "same administration " no one is happy about the administration and as for the president, we've seen a similar occasion before with Yar'dua. It's better to be happy with the one we've seen, then pray for more,because if there can be a positive outcome in one part(Fall in price of $)there is a chance we will see it in others(Employment, Electricity Payment of workers etc.)
really? I am asking for too much? I can't believe you just made such assertion! Infact we should ask for too much! Because we are not getting nothing atall! As you have agreed that it's been happening since and before yar adua so perhaps it's time to ask for too much, look! There is no improvement if folk are still struggling even with the so called fall in price of $$$ prices of commodities is still the same petrol is still 150. So were is the impact in the fall of the price of $$$? Look! I admire your optimism but truth needs to be told, instead of telling us comforting lies why not tell us the unpleasant truth?

1 Like

Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by Buharimustgo: 11:08am On Feb 25, 2017
[quote author=emmasege post=54039292]I'll only celebrate it when it goes back to #216 where Bubu met it. Bubu or Osinbajo can only make me celebrate their government if it falls below #216 in the parallel market.

In the mean time, here are other tips for Acting President to consider (Attn: Laolu Akande).

1. New mimimum wage should be implemented on or before May 1, in such a way that it reflects the prevailing economic condition in Nigeria. This 'll definitely have a multiplier effect on other sectors of the economy. Artisans and market men/women understand this basic economic principle.

2. The pump price of PMS should be reduced.

3. Nigerians need not be impressed with unrealistic campaign promises. The social welfare scheme (e.g. #5000 for 25million Nigerians & school feeding program etc) should be dropped for now and monies earmarked for this re-directed to points 1 & 2 above.

4. Release all political detainees (Kanu, El Zak Zaky etc) & hold town hall meetings with their followers.

Above all, well-meaning Nigerians should pray that the president remains seconded as Nigeria's High Commisioner to the UK & enjoys his medical leave till 2019, because Bubu has a spirit of affliction, killings, incarceration & poverty operating with him whenever he's in power.[/quote

You just said it all,there is no more than this

3 Likes

Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by Okuda(m): 11:08am On Feb 25, 2017
Thawarplay:
The thing make me lose 10k sha cry cry

Lol. 10k..just cos i dint change 3300 on monday and did so on thursday i lost over 100k plus
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by Incrizz(f): 11:11am On Feb 25, 2017
emmasege:
I'll only celebrate it when it goes back to #216 where Bubu met it. Bubu or Osinbajo can only make me celebrate their government if it falls below #216 in the parallel market.

In the mean time, here are other tips for Acting President to consider (Attn: Laolu Akande).

1. New mimimum wage should be implemented on or before May 1, in such a way that it reflects the prevailing economic condition in Nigeria. This 'll definitely have a multiplier effect on other sectors of the economy. Artisans and market men/women understand this basic economic principle.

3. Nigerians need not be impressed with unrealistic campaign promises. The social welfare scheme (e.g. #5000 for 25million Nigerians & school feeding program etc) should be dropped for now and monies earmarked for this re-directed to points 1 & 2 above.

4. Release all political detainees (Kanu, El Zak Zaky etc) & hold town hall meetings with their followers.

Above all, well-meaning Nigerians should pray that the president remains seconded as Nigeria's High Commisioner to the UK & enjoys his medical leave till 2019, because Bubu has a spirit of affliction, killings, incarceration & poverty operating with him whenever he's in power.
Tweet it to Osibanjo's handle.
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by Abudu2000(m): 11:14am On Feb 25, 2017
ThinkDeeply:
Great news

Truly the polytechnic graduate and the mere commissioner minus the dullard are doing some great job.

mathematically, if things keep on acting this way,

And the exchange rate still adhering to this new found strategy.

In 9.2 days

1Naira will become 1 Dollar.
you post could have made sense without the mention of polytechnic graduate smh for ur ignorance
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by Nobody: 11:19am On Feb 25, 2017
ExpiredNigeria:
Those of us earning in dollars don't like it.. embarassed cry
Uhmmm
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by Nobody: 11:19am On Feb 25, 2017
Abudu2000:
you post could have made sense without the mention of polytechnic graduate smh for ur ignorance

So what do you think about the mere commissioner?
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by wristbangle: 11:19am On Feb 25, 2017
Abagworo:
Will the greedy traders reduce the price of goods as they hurriedly increased it? In Nigeria we like "coming to be going".

U have spoken well boss. The price of commodities in market still remain the same. Let's see what happens in the next couple of weeks if this CBN policy is sustainable to watch if the price of commodities will reduce or remain unchanged.
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by Charly68: 11:20am On Feb 25, 2017
Let the appreciation continues in Jesus name
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by Nobody: 11:22am On Feb 25, 2017
abbeyty:
hope those prices that went up cuz of the high exchange rate are also coming down as well ?
this is the queation! Prices of commodities are still the same or even higher so were is the impact on the fall of price of dollar, petrol is still the same price, cement is still 2500 naira. People are still struggling. I see no difference
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by lawbabs: 11:25am On Feb 25, 2017
yeyeboi:
Nothing here to celebrate really , Nigerians are hypocrites before these zombies came it wasn't even up to 250/1$ and now you guys are celebrating 400/1$. Shame dey catch me for Nigerians matter

You don't know simple economics. You are not better than those who can't read and write. How could u turn a major economic issue to politics.

If you want to go political, then you must realize that ur uncle that was there before didn't understand savings for the rainy days. They were looting dollars directly from cbn. They didn't think of these current time when crude oil will crash and our production capacity will be impaired by vandalism. They spent and stole all the dollar earned when crude was $124/barrel. So how come u re expecting this administration to save the Naira when there was no export proceeds to back it up.

So grow up and get some sense...

1 Like

Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by Nobody: 11:26am On Feb 25, 2017
ExpiredNigeria:
no! We don't, because after exchanging my £££ for low value in nigeria i still buy things expensive in nigeria. The price Goods were when it was 520 is the same price it is today so tell me! Would you be happy? If it were you?
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by guychidile: 11:26am On Feb 25, 2017
Prof osinbanjo I salute you ...,with this movement,you are s man with quality leadership.Nigerians are behind you.
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by ojtech8291: 11:28am On Feb 25, 2017
Good news since 2015!
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by lawbabs: 11:28am On Feb 25, 2017
gypsey:
this is the queation! Prices of commodities are still the same or even higher so were is the impact on the fall of price of dollar, petrol is still the same price, cement is still 2500 naira. People are still struggling. I see no difference

The difference on prices will take time to manifest... but immediately, it means factories will be able to import cheaply. It means more foreign portfolio investors will come in and the growth can be sustained...

1 Like

Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by 989900: 11:28am On Feb 25, 2017
ExpiredNigeria:

Ode.

1 Like

Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by yeyeboi(m): 11:29am On Feb 25, 2017
lawbabs:

You don't know simple economics. You are not better than those who can't read and write. How could u turn a major economic issue to politics.

If you want to go political, then you must realize that ur uncle that was there before didn't understand savings for the rainy days. They were looting dollars directly from cbn. They didn't think of these current time when crude oil will crash and our production capacity will be impaired by vandalism. They spent and stole all the dollar earned when crude was $124/barrel. So how come u re expecting this administration to save the Naira when there was no export proceeds to back it up.

So grow up and get some sense...

Mr sense how much was a naira to a dollar back in 2014?

Ever since this government came into power haven't you bought things ?

Does the price of now not affect you ?

I say again " if the dollar price is not as low as what it use to be then this government ad also failed you
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:30am On Feb 25, 2017
TB Joshua caught, yet again, making another false prophesy.
isn't it clear enough already that that man is a scam.
This is the 3rd this year alone he is caught making false prophesy.
www.nairaland.com/3639663/tb-joshua-speaks-buharis-health
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by creflo22: 11:30am On Feb 25, 2017
emmasege:
I'll only celebrate it when it goes back to #216 where Bubu met it. Bubu or Osinbajo can only make me celebrate their government if it falls below #216 in the parallel market.

Above all, well-meaning Nigerians should pray that the president remains seconded as Nigeria's High Commisioner to the UK & enjoys his medical leave till 2019, because Bubu has a spirit of affliction, killings, incarceration & poverty operating with him whenever he's in power.

Reduce the petroleum pump price? May be it should be free! Nigerians really need to proper education on basic economic principles
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by Nobody: 11:33am On Feb 25, 2017
The nomad needs a PERPETUAL LEAVE!....thumbs up @ osinbajo!!
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by tete7000(m): 11:34am On Feb 25, 2017
Nne5:
Isoraite.
Osinbajo is better.Really!

You just dey appreciate that? I have always known Buhari is a terrible choice. The man who hoards(Buhari) and afraid to spend is not better than one who spends wastefully (Jonathan). They are two extreme ends of a spectrum. We need a man who is judicious in spending and who wouldn't tolerate profligacy.
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by creflo22: 11:34am On Feb 25, 2017
[quote author=ogawisdom post=54039714] grin grin grin grin grin

osibanjo for life

Buhari can go and die[/quote
Do u even think before u write!
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by Nobody: 11:35am On Feb 25, 2017
lawbabs:

The difference on prices will take time to manifest... but immediately, it means factories will be able to import cheaply. It means more foreign portfolio investors will come in and the growth can be sustained...
i admire your optimism but i doubt if it will be sustainable.
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by tete7000(m): 11:37am On Feb 25, 2017
NOETHNICITY:
TB Joshua caught, yet again, making another false prophesy.
isn't it clear enough already that that man is a scam.
This is the 3rd this year alone he is caught making false prophesy.
www.nairaland.com/3639663/tb-joshua-speaks-buharis-health

TBJoshua, Mbalaka and the rest are not prophets, just mere speculators. Many of us can do better job of predicting than them.
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by Toks2008(m): 11:39am On Feb 25, 2017
Thisis2raw:
Honestly Osinbajo is far better than Buhari in all ramifications

Do you think it is easy to be a professor and a law professor at that?

Wait until we get to the elms of affairs in few years to come....

#teamJoshuageneration
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by franklynsunny(m): 11:40am On Feb 25, 2017
Hw tru is dis reli
I got 200usd for 94k cheap at N470
Nt sure of N400
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by 100Cents: 11:41am On Feb 25, 2017
Nne5:
Isoraite.
Osinbajo is better.Really!

He is educated unlike...
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by rafcrown(m): 11:43am On Feb 25, 2017
PLEASE REMOVE THE LAST NAME.
Welcomme:
Positive days ahead...Abeg, Buhari, don't come back till 2019. We are no longer wailing for u to come back . Just stay there and Enjoy ur vacation till 2019...
Sai Nigeria
Sai Osinbanjo
Sai Buhari
Sai Sarrki
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:44am On Feb 25, 2017
Tokziby:
And this was my reply. Despite not being 100% correct, if he got half of it, He will be bragging in church by now...
TBJ is a scam. a big scam.
only gullible Christians don't see this.
Re: How Naira Went From N525/$1 To N400/$1 In 3 Days by buchilino(m): 11:44am On Feb 25, 2017
shortgun:
Nothing here to celebrate.
AGREED

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Woman Slaps Man At UBA ATM In Port-Harcourt, Tears His Shirt And Singlet / Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead / RAGP (recharge And Get Paid ) Is A Very Big Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.