Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,297 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (876666 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Somat4ril(m): 4:24pm On Feb 26, 2017
penitential:
You have to elaborate very well. Who's your sponsor,hope what you're going for is a branch of your UG program?
As regard home ties, the fact that you're not employed does not mean anything. Personal assets will likely not work against you.
Also hope you have siblings, parents,...does your dad have landed properties that you can lay claim to? Does any of your parent have registered company?.....the most important part of home ties is your parents and siblings.
my parents and siblings are gainfully employed in Nigeria. international development is a branch of sociology. thanks for the clarification. I appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 4:33pm On Feb 26, 2017
kike100:
Any University of New Brunswick applicant in the house for Fall 2017?

I sent my transcript as requested yet my profile is still saying some documents are still required. Could it be that they are still reviewing my application hence the status hasn't changed?

Email them(program and grad school coordinator) for more info.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by LMay(f): 4:46pm On Feb 26, 2017
Osemigho:

Check fees and quote.

Thanks Osemigho, fees is $5,850 per year
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Holabisi: 5:03pm On Feb 26, 2017
Hello all, I am about to apply for a diploma in health information management in nova scotia community college but I'm confused about the transcripts needed, I have a bachelors degree , NSCS applicants or students kindly help abeg .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by kike100: 5:17pm On Feb 26, 2017
Osemigho:

Email them(program and grad school coordinator) for more info.

Thanks, i have already. Just wanted to know if there is another person in my boat.

Thanks again!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by katyamizotta: 5:27pm On Feb 26, 2017
Hello house,

I studied civil engineering, graduated 15 years ago with a second class upper.
I have worked in a bank for 10years. now I want to move to a career I think I will enjoy
since its 15 years ago.
I'd like to do an environmental/civil engineering fast track 2year advanced diploma to refresh my brain, and then on to a masters program.
I plan to sponsor myself.
would you advice that I do the advanced diploma or go straight unto a Meng/MSc considering the 15 years in between?
how can I prove a home tie?
I'm married with a kid but I'm going with my child.
I've got landed property alone and with my spouse. will these suffice since I can't use my job as my home tie?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 5:52pm On Feb 26, 2017
arhayjay:
@michV and others. Please we need your help.
My brother @wolecypher would be submitting his visa application soon. He has been accepted at New Brunswick college of art anf craft to study Diploma in Digital Media. He finished school a few years ago and since then he has been working on his own as a professional photographer and videographer
Our question is:
1. His company has not been registered, What can he use as evidence of employment
2. What documents can be used to prove tie to Nigeria.

We would appreciate your assistance.

Thank you
Professionally written SOP may have to work here. His business is by default a tie but as not registered, invoices,receipts to his customers and contracted works can surface as evidence.His professional business is an evidence of self employment. Is he sponsoring his self ? This kind of his profile situation appears similar to 2 variable successful cases handled by @the*** in the past.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 6:00pm On Feb 26, 2017
Holabisi:
Hello all, I am about to apply for a diploma in health information management in nova scotia community college but I'm confused about the transcripts needed, I have a bachelors degree , NSCS applicants or students kindly help abeg .
why Diploma?can you briefly explain?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 6:06pm On Feb 26, 2017
penitential:
You have to elaborate very well. Who's your sponsor,hope what you're going for is a branch of your UG program?
As regard home ties, the fact that you're not employed does not mean anything. Personal assets will likely not work against you.
Also hope you have siblings, parents,...does your dad have landed properties that you can lay claim to? Does any of your parent have registered company?.....the most important part of home ties is your parents and siblings.
U might b correct as per d case of the moniker in question. But d best primary home-tie is ur immediate family (wife and kids). Others are secondary

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Holabisi: 6:31pm On Feb 26, 2017
michV:
why Diploma?can you briefly explain?

I have applied to three universities awaiting their decision , the college will be my fourth option.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Uzee24: 6:40pm On Feb 26, 2017
penitential:

In a case where the person is an only child whose parent were not even married and also does not have tangible assets except for a parcel of land that has not been developed. How does he prove home ties. This actually applies to me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 6:43pm On Feb 26, 2017
Eraytee:

U might b correct as per d case of the moniker in question. But d best primary home-tie is ur immediate family (wife and kids). Others are secondary

Bro I know! Considering his status (just finishing N.Y.S.C, less than 30) that was why I concluded using his siblings and parents as home ties.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 6:46pm On Feb 26, 2017
Are you married or have a common-law partner?
Uzee24:

In a case where the person is an only child whose parent were not even married and also does not have tangible assets except for a parcel of land that has not been developed. How does he prove home ties. This actually applies to me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 6:48pm On Feb 26, 2017
penitential:

Bro I know! Considering his status (just finishing N.Y.S.C, less than 30) that was why I concluded using his siblings and parents as home ties.

You are right and I didn't contest that, I even said as it applies to d moniker, I just posted that for the knowledge of others. Well said bro smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Wale309: 7:15pm On Feb 26, 2017
Please I've submitted all documents since 23rd of December and got mail confirming my application(paper process). But till date I'm yet to be called for medicals. Hope there's no problem?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Uzee24: 7:28pm On Feb 26, 2017
penitential:
Are you married or have a common-law partner?

Not married either and mum who was not married to my dad is late also.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vickyehi: 7:34pm On Feb 26, 2017
Pls does anyone know where I can get canadian dollars to buy in lagos state and if possible the price they sell for?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by losas(m): 7:48pm On Feb 26, 2017
somebody please help me out. can I submit a land which I recently transferred to myself from my junior brother as home tie
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bayocanny: 8:01pm On Feb 26, 2017
Wale309:
Please I've submitted all documents since 23rd of December and got mail confirming my application(paper process). But till date I'm yet to be called for medicals. Hope there's no problem?
No problem...it will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 8:01pm On Feb 26, 2017
I sent you a P.M, reply back.
Uzee24:

Not married either and mum who was not married to my dad is late also.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by LMay(f): 8:11pm On Feb 26, 2017
penitential:
I sent you a P.M, reply back.

Penitential, please help with my case too.

If a professor is willing to be one's supervisor at University of Saskatchewan but says outrightly that she has no funding and asks one to seek funds from other resources, does this mean one can still risk the application hoping to get funds externally?

Please can you suggest a way around this? Lecturers in this proposed research interest area (Pharmacy or Health ICT) are extremely rare. Only two found so far.

No personal funds. Should I let go or seize the opportunity regardless?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 8:25pm On Feb 26, 2017
Yes! You can get schorlarships from various awarding bodies while studying. Majority of them are based on academic performance. If you have a very good academic performance, sure you will get. Also there are some schools that you can apply for scholarship programs once you get admission but don't know if Usask has those ones.
LMay:

Penitential, please help with my case too.

If a professor is willing to be one's supervisor at University of Saskatchewan but says outrightly that she has no funding and asks one to seek funds from other resources, does this mean one can still risk the application hoping to get funds externally?

Please can you suggest a way around this? Lecturers in this proposed research interest area (Pharmacy or Health ICT) are extremely rare. Only two found so far.

No personal funds. Should I let go or seize the opportunity regardless?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 9:02pm On Feb 26, 2017
Please house who knows the current price to do medicals in Children Practice as at lastweek or last month. Thanks all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by losas(m): 9:11pm On Feb 26, 2017
losas:
somebody please help me out. can I submit a land which I recently transferred to myself from my junior brother as home tie
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bravemykl: 9:13pm On Feb 26, 2017
Happy Sunday everyone. I have a little challenge but i believe i can get a little advice here. A brother studied Electrical Engineering(HND) but applied for transfer credit (UG) to York university, But was giving Computer science. He is about to submit hid credential. What possible things can he do to avoid being denied Visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 9:25pm On Feb 26, 2017
losas:
If the land has been legally transferred to you, it definitely belongs to you.So YES, you can.

Also, you family members in nigeria can be a good home ties when you include them in the family information form.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by abdulkabirtobi(m): 9:25pm On Feb 26, 2017
wealth360:
Please house who knows the current price to do medicals in Children Practice as at lastweek or last month. Thanks all
It was #28,050 as at Dec last year

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 9:35pm On Feb 26, 2017
bravemykl:
Happy Sunday everyone. I have a little challenge but i believe i can get a little advice here. A brother studied Electrical Engineering(HND) but applied for transfer credit (UG) to York university, But was giving Computer science. He is about to submit hid credential. What possible things can he do to avoid being denied Visa.

A detailed and carefully worded sop...wherein he elucidate on the following;

his career objectives and goals and most importantly why he chose to continue his academic pursuit in York university,

what does York offers that differs from what is obtainable in Nigerian Institutions particularly in his areas of proposed study,

What guarantees his return to Nigeria after completing his program in Canada,

His financial capacity to pursue his proposed program,

Job prospects in Nigeria,

Ties to Nigeria, economic and social.

There are so many things to consider...when it comes to study permit application.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 9:36pm On Feb 26, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 9:37pm On Feb 26, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 9:37pm On Feb 26, 2017
bravemykl:
The things he can do is
1.Convience a visa officer that the intended program is right for him and will help him advance in his career/ academically.

2.Convience the Visa officer that he has sufficient funds to pay for tution for his program and living expenses for atleast the first year.(Tuition fees +10,000CAD).He will also show he will have funds to support himself during subsequent year(s) if program is more that a year.

3. Convience a visa officer that he will return home after his program in canada.
4. Convience the visa officer that he has strong home ties to propel such return back home.

5. Avoid mis-information on his application.
6. Read alot about the whole process here and ask questions when confused.
7. Put together an overal good and simple application.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.