Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,134 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (883709 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 1:06pm On Apr 07, 2017
bravemykl:
Good morning everyone. Please i need help on this. where i work they pay me in Cash, do i still need to provide Payslip? Although it was stated in my Introduction Letter. Thanks so much as i wait to hear from you soonest..

You need to back up any information with documentation. If it was stated in your letter of introduction, you'll have to show proof that what the wrote is true. I want to believe there was some kind of agreement to collect your salary by cash. You should add documents to this agreement.

If you are being sponsored, you should be fine without payslips. Add your employment letter in addition to the introductory letter and any account statement(s)you own to show you have been busy and have likewise been earning something. It will establish your 'current employment situation' and a little bit of 'personal asset'.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 1:19pm On Apr 07, 2017
Gabrielclint:
good morning gurus in the house, I applied for Australian student visa two years ago but was rejected, now I already applied for Canadian student visa but did not indicate that I was rejected Australian visa. please does Canada immigration share information wt Australian immigration,
should I write a letter of confession to avoid ban from the Canadian immigration or should I just wait till a decision is taken on my application

Whether the share or not, MOST embassies have it as part of their duty to perform background check for all VISA applicant(s). They work in the name of their government and so therefore have bilateral and cordial agreement with other governments to make available useful information that will foster security, forestall impending harm or disaster in issuance of any category of VISA.

Having said that, nobody here can tell you if they do or not but i strongly believe choicest world destination have a thing or two together regarding who they let into their country and will most likely share information on immigration. Since you didn't declare it, you'll have to wait for any further action or instruction from the canadian embassy.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 2:01pm On Apr 07, 2017
Michelleflores:

I did update mine, can't find it here

update again. let me add it up.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 2:11pm On Apr 07, 2017
Gabrielclint:
good morning gurus in the house, I applied for Australian student visa two years ago but was rejected, now I already applied for Canadian student visa but did not indicate that I was rejected Australian visa. please does Canada immigration share information wt Australian immigration,
should I write a letter of confession to avoid ban from the Canadian immigration or should I just wait till a decision is taken on my application

I think you should withdraw your application ASAP and cite the error of not including it as d reason.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 2:33pm On Apr 07, 2017
Osemigho:

I think you should withdraw your application ASAP and cite the error of not including it as d reason.
I wouldn't advise such bro, just as @Austipee4 said above he should wait for the embassy. Let me burst ur kidney a bit, a friend of mine was denied US visa 2yrs prior to his grant by Canada embassy. D first Canada study permit, he didn't declare he had been previously refused visa n he scaled through, in d second application too he kept that away for d second time and lo n behold his in Canada as am posting this, studying. He got his visa on a second attempt at Canada embassy last year. Am not advising people to do such but when things play out this way sometimes, u just let it play out it natural course.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 2:42pm On Apr 07, 2017
Osemigho:

Broda I don't tink withdrawing at dis point will b a beta alternative, he should either notify dem now through mail or jst keep praying, but most of d GCMS file I 've com across d major country dey share with is d US, but I recently find out dat in 2009 dey officially allowed d exchange of specific biometric data between participant countries of the ‘Five Country Conference (FCC) d member countries, namely: United Kingdom, United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, agreed 2 share biometric data from applications for visa & other immigration benefits of potential immigrants to jointly combat illegal immigration under the High Value Protocol Data Sharing (HVDS) initiative.
D reason for sharing dis data is primarily 2 improve security & regulate criminal activities in FCC countries as well as 2 track suspected terrorists and criminals who intend 2 avoid legal prosecution, but Canadian embassy shares mostly with jst U.S.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 2:48pm On Apr 07, 2017
Reminder for those that need it. how to link your paper application to online app

1) Go to this link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
2) Select: continue to Gckey
3)Select: Sign up on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
4)After creating my cic account, click link application to this account.
5)Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Study permit and extension.
6)Then select Family name,given name and date of birth option.
7)Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth.
cool Next in applicant personal info fill passport information only and DONOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
9) Fill program start and end date as well as DLI number of the institution (found in offer letter)
10) Your application will be found and can be linked.
11) You can get real time updates on your paper application.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by kprake9: 2:59pm On Apr 07, 2017
Osemigho :
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (SUMMER & FALL 2017)
1. henrinco: February 2nd, M.ed, MUN Paper Route. Delayed
2. Atrapon January 9th,M.ed MUN, online route.
3. Wealth360: January 31st, M.Sc. MEng. University of Saskatchewan. Paper route. Medical Mail 24th february Medical Passed 2nd March APPROVED 8th March
4. Tuzinde, February 1st, MEng Carleton university, paper route.
5. Abiodunne October 5th, PGD, Conestoga. Paper route Medical Mail 14th february
6.Vinci500 January 18th, Msc. Uof BritColumbia, Online Route.
7.Deckonne February 3rd, PGD Lambton, Upfront Medical. APPROVED 23rd February
8. VVVVVV February 18th,UDalhoiuse, Online Route, Upfront Medicals
9. Akanmu2013 submission 14th march,online PGD Seneca college
10. Osemigho, March 14, MA, UofCalgary, Upfront Medical passed.
11. sundaydammy submission 13th oct, 2016 paper PGD mohawk college,
12. Ayos16, Submitted 22nd Dec,2016, Upfront Medical.
13. Ozzy 2, April 3rd, LLM, York University, Paper Route, Upfront Medical.
14. kprake9, March 29, Pilot training, Paper Route, Upfront Medical.
when you submit your TRV Application kindly update the house on your timeline. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by kprake9: 3:10pm On Apr 07, 2017
platypelloid:
thank you @austinpee do you know any high court in yaba/obalende/lagos mainland axis?
how long does it take the documents to be ready for collection?. thanks
U will be able to collect it same day.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Gabrielclint(m): 3:10pm On Apr 07, 2017
thanks all for ur reply, will have to wait for a message from dem

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by michaelbelgium(m): 3:11pm On Apr 07, 2017
hello guys...my offer letter only has my program start date(1st september) but no end date...
is it something i should worry about?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 3:12pm On Apr 07, 2017
Eraytee:

I wouldn't advise such bro, just as @Austipee4 said above he should wait for the embassy. Let me burst ur kidney a bit, a friend of mine was denied US visa 2yrs prior to his grant by Canada embassy. D first Canada study permit, he didn't declare he had been previously refused visa n he scaled through, in d second application too he kept that away for d second time and lo n behold his in Canada as am posting this, studying. He got his visa on a second attempt at Canada embassy last year. Am not advising people to do such but when things play out this way sometimes, u just let it play out it natural course.

I don't agree that you should let it play its natural course. If it turned out unfavourable, the consequence is grave. 5yrs ban. I don't think the person in question should be laid back about this. He should indicate this asap to IRCC. To demonstrate bona fide mistake, that way he can feign mistake or ignorance without the VO thinking it was intentional.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Darkiabo(m): 3:13pm On Apr 07, 2017
mcobex:
what will the company gain by spending such huge amount of money on your studies (cos u aren't their staff)? well to the best of my knowledge if u must use them as ur sponsor let them pay ur tuition fee and at the same time pay the remaining cash into your account . NB: U not having a 9ja account means u have a bank account in another country, rite? if not then u might have to open an account and have them pay the money into it now . do all these before u apply . gurus in the house pls explain better to him
Thanks mcobex ! i dont have any bank account ,but will it be possible if i open an account in canada from 9ja here?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by kprake9: 3:14pm On Apr 07, 2017
michaelbelgium:
hello guys...my offer letter only has my program start date(1st september) but no end date...
is it something i should worry about?

The end date is very important. I think you should request a letter from your school stating d start and end date of your intended program
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 3:16pm On Apr 07, 2017
1. Abiodunne October 5th, PGD, Conestoga. Paper route Medical Mail 14th february
2. Sundaydammy submission 13th oct, 2016 paper PGD mohawk college,
3. Ayos16, Submitted 22nd Dec,2016, Upfront Medical.
4. Atrapon January 9th,M.ed MUN, online route.
5.Vinci500 January 18th, Msc. Uof BritColumbia, Online Route.
6. Tuzinde, February 1st, MEng Carleton university, paper route.
7. Deckonne February 3rd, PGD Lambton, Upfront Medical. APPROVED 23rd February
8. VVVVVV February 18th,UDalhoiuse, Online Route, Upfront Medicals.
9. Proxy, March 11, PGC Georgian College, Online Route.
10. Akanmu2013 submission 14th march,online PGD Seneca college
11. Osemigho, March 14, MA, UofCalgary, Upfront Medical passed.
12. Kprake9, March 29, Pilot training, Paper Route, Upfront Medical.

Congrats to those approved, the delayed should repackage, restrategise, and reapply.

when you submit your TRV Application kindly update the house on your timeline.

It will end with praises.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 3:55pm On Apr 07, 2017
Piethewitch:

Well i have seen people been given visa to canada when they are denied us visa and they did not declare it on there form when they applied for the visa.

It is apparent that you haven't noted the high number of cases of refusal and 5 yrs ban for misrepresentation in recent time. Pls check the timeline of this thread. You'd see what I am talking about. Why risk 5yrs ban when you can still do something about it by notifying cic of your mistake. Yes there may be instances of people who have managed to escape the sledge hammer of refusal and ban of 5yrs probably because of the oversight of the VO. Buh do you really want to risk that ? Do you want to place your application on hope that VO won't detect the misrepresentation? THERE IS A QUALITY CHANCE THAT THE VO MIGHT FIND OUT AND WHEN HE/SHE DOES, WHAT DO YOU EXPECT? Misrepresentation simpliciter is a ground for refusal and it's one of the grounds of refusal that comes with a 5yrs ban.

Pls once again check the timeline of this thread and you'd see what I am talking about. Personally I have received more than 17 PMs regarding cases like this. The op should thread carefully and personally I'd advise he follows osemigho's innocuous advice. For your information IRCC actually acknowledges email sent to them. Why not take advantage of that. ? Worst case scenario you reapply, at least you may/might not be banned.

Post like this will encourage people to keep committing such mistake either intentionally or inadvertently.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by simeon83: 3:56pm On Apr 07, 2017
Piethewitch:

Well i have seen people been given visa to canada when they are denied us visa and they did not declare it on there form when they applied for the visa. 2 people and now they are in canada
Pls when was that?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 3:58pm On Apr 07, 2017
simeon83:

Pls when was that?

Good question
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Piethewitch: 4:05pm On Apr 07, 2017
yemdogg:
@Piethewitch

It is apparent that you haven't noted the high number of cases of refusal and 5 yrs ban for misrepresentation in recent time. Pls check the timeline of this thread. You'd see what I am talking about. Why risk 5yrs ban when you can still do something about it by notifying cic of your mistake. Yes there may be instances of people who have managed to escape the sledge hammer of refusal and ban of 5yrs probably because of the oversight of the VO. Buh do you really want to risk that ? Do you want to place your application on hope that VO won't detect the misrepresentation?

Pls once again check the timeline of this thread and you'd see what I am talking about. Personally I have received more than 17 PMs regarding cases like this. The op should thread carefully and personally I'd advise he follows osemigho's innocuous advice. For your information IRCC actually acknowledges email sent to them. Why not take advantage of that. ? Worst case scenario you reapply, at least you may/might not be ban.

Post like this will encourage people to keep committing such mistake either intentionally or inadvertently.

Well he should declare it then........
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 4:13pm On Apr 07, 2017
yemdogg:

I don't agree that you should let it play its natural course. If it turned out unfavourable, the consequence is grave. 5yrs ban. I don't think the person in question should be laid back about this. He should indicate this asap to IRCC. To demonstrate bona fide mistake, that way he can feign mistake or ignorance without the VO thinking it was intentional.
Am not advising the moniker not to notify them, I just stated scenarios that I practically know. For the case of the person in question in my reply to @osemigho, it only shows that it's not all applicants this verification is being conducted on, my friend only kept it d second time Bcox he knows declaring it in d second application myt jeopardize his visa&lukily for him he got it. But with recent developments with IRCC I think such checks are conducted on every submitted application.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 4:17pm On Apr 07, 2017
Eraytee:

Am not advising the moniker not to notify them, I just stated scenarios that I practically know. For the case of the person in question in my reply to @osemigho, it only shows that it's not all applicants this verification is being conducted on, my friend only kept it d second time Bcox he knows declaring it in d second application myt jeopardize his visa&lukily for him he got it. But with recent developments with IRCC I think such checks are conducted on every submitted application.

Understandable boss. Cases differs and uniquely different from each other. There might have been some underlining situation or circumstances that might have favoured your friend. One of which is the VO's oversight. This may not be the case for others. I dig your point though.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by getgeorgio: 4:18pm On Apr 07, 2017
Osemigho :
1. henrinco: February 2nd, M.ed, MUN Paper Route. Delayed
2. Atrapon January 9th,M.ed MUN, online route.
3. Wealth360: January 31st, M.Sc. MEng. University of Saskatchewan. Paper route. Medical Mail 24th february Medical Passed 2nd March APPROVED 8th March
4. Tuzinde, February 1st, MEng Carleton university, paper route.
5. Abiodunne October 5th, PGD, Conestoga. Paper route Medical Mail 14th february
6.Vinci500 January 18th, Msc. Uof BritColumbia, Online Route.
7.Deckonne February 3rd, PGD Lambton, Upfront Medical. APPROVED 23rd February
8. VVVVVV February 18th,UDalhoiuse, Online Route, Upfront Medicals
9. Akanmu2013 submission 14th march,online PGD Seneca college
10. Osemigho, March 14, MA, UofCalgary, Upfront Medical passed.
11. sundaydammy submission 13th oct, 2016 paper PGD mohawk college,
12. Ayos16, Submitted 22nd Dec,2016, Upfront Medical.
14. kprake9, March 29, Pilot training, Paper Route, Upfront Medical.
15. proxy, March 11, PGC Georgian College, Online Route.

Congrats to those approved, the delayed should repackage, re-strategize, and reapply.

It will end with praises.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 4:25pm On Apr 07, 2017
I see justwise already did a good job. Nice one.

For the one the person asking whether or not to report the misrepresentation, if you don't and you are caught, you will have 5 years ban I.e. for 5 years, you will sleep and wake up wishing you did.

Withdraw your application now, on the basis of omission error in documents sent. 56k wasted is better than to jeorpadized a dream.

Good luck.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.