Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,438 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (878908 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Rocorleone: 10:46pm On Apr 19, 2017
Piethewitch:

A i have been volunteering in different organisation such as the UN and clinton so i got letters from them to show i have been doing some volunteer work with them. And the same applies to the the church and community.. i do community service and then i got the local office to write me a letter and then for the church am a choir leader for the youth in my church and i teach the young ones on there choir therefore i got a letter from my pastor..

As for the Study plan i wrote it in form of question and answer. When you check your checklist there those 6 questions they ask. So i wrote it in that form. And i did not type i did handwriten.. tho its best you type.. because of handwriting.

The land documents, hope they were photocopies and not original
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Is2bEe(m): 10:51pm On Apr 19, 2017
bosbebe:
Dear Guru's in the house, am abt completing documentation for my trv. The below are the documents, kindly review and see if I miss out anything. One again I am going for MBA at Vanouver island university. I am a law graduate with LLM from UK. and I have been working in one of the big 4 accounting firm for 8 years now. Currently a manager and thus one of the reason I chose MBA. Spouse is sponsor with own company and not applying with three kids initially, although we all have trv(visiting Visa). they will come around ;ater
WAEC result
LLB certificate
LLM certificate
BL certificate
NYSC certificate
Marriage certificate
Newspaper change of name
LLM transcript
police character statement from uk
police character statement from nigeria
Letter of employment
Letter of promotion
letter of introduction/leave letter
Payslips
pension certificate
Tax clearance certificate
Applicant SOA
Certificate of incorporations of business (Spouse)
Company Bank statement (spouse)
certificate of Incorporation and bank statement (applicant's own business)
CV
SOP
Admission letter
Receipt of payment of school fees
Birth certificate
children birth certificate
parent data page
sponsor letter
Affidavit of sponsor
Sponsor bank statement
you are good to go my learned colleague
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 11:02pm On Apr 19, 2017
Thanks

Piethewitch:

Sure why not i will type it and send it to you..by tomorrow.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Samo16: 11:18pm On Apr 19, 2017
Guys you have a 2 Year program and the entire program costs 16300. Should only the first year tuition be written which 8155

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 11:24pm On Apr 19, 2017
bosbebe:
Dear Guru's in the house, am abt completing documentation for my trv. The below are the documents, kindly review and see if I miss out anything. One again I am going for MBA at Vanouver island university. I am a law graduate with LLM from UK. and I have been working in one of the big 4 accounting firm for 8 years now. Currently a manager and thus one of the reason I chose MBA. Spouse is sponsor with own company and not applying with three kids initially, although we all have trv(visiting Visa). they will come around ;ater
WAEC result
LLB certificate
LLM certificate
BL certificate
NYSC certificate
Marriage certificate
Newspaper change of name
LLM transcript
police character statement from uk
police character statement from nigeria
Letter of employment
Letter of promotion
letter of introduction/leave letter
Payslips
pension certificate
Tax clearance certificate
Applicant SOA
Certificate of incorporations of business (Spouse)
Company Bank statement (spouse)
certificate of Incorporation and bank statement (applicant's own business)
CV
SOP
Admission letter
Receipt of payment of school fees
Birth certificate
children birth certificate
parent data page
sponsor letter
Affidavit of sponsor
Sponsor bank statement
Your documents are in order. I believe the tuition payment you made is for a year.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 11:30pm On Apr 19, 2017
Samo16:
Guys you have a 2 Year program and the entire program costs 16300. Should only the first year tuition be written which 8155
Quote the exact tuition on your offer letter.That is what they will use. Most offer letter for a 2 years program have a year tuiton on it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Samo16: 11:51pm On Apr 19, 2017
For my program it isn't written. The max number of years to complete is 5 years however. I was advised to complete within 2 years by the school as an international student full time. What's your take still?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Adefolakemi: 11:56pm On Apr 19, 2017
Samo16:
For my program it isn't written. The max number of years to complete is 5 years however. I was advised to complete within 2 years by the school as an international student full time. What's your take still?

What program are you going for in MSVU?
Your tuition is 16,310. So you should fill that in
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Samo16: 12:03am On Apr 20, 2017
Masters of applied human nutrition. Are you planning for msvu as well.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Adefolakemi: 12:06am On Apr 20, 2017
Samo16:
Masters of applied human nutrition. Are you planning for msvu as well.

Oh yes. Because the tuition is paid per course credit, you won't be able to divide it into two years. So it's best to just show funds for the entire program.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Samo16: 12:10am On Apr 20, 2017
Okay thanks. When have you done your visa applications or still gathering documents
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by collinsfbi(m): 12:11am On Apr 20, 2017
Eraytee:

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 12:45am On Apr 20, 2017
Guys,
Good day all... Sorry as i may be ON and OFF on the thread for a while but I'll definitely be reading on!.
Anyone needing to reach me for one issue or the other can send a pm... although i may not be able to review SoPs for now but will respond.
I advise that we should not be discouraged or be quick to give up this Canny dream.... despite prevailing odds!
Funny i travelled and met 2 different sets of twins coming to study in Canada... well, the area that will interest you is that... the first ones both secured study permit for 2 year Diploma programs in Saskatchewan after graduating from Nigerian universities with UG degrees!!.. I was going to doubt it if I did not see their documents..... So you see, don't give up guys!!
We flew same plane and were at the PoE together... they all got their permits printed in no time...
Good luck all!
Regards.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 1:16am On Apr 20, 2017
Samo16:
Okay thanks. When have you done your visa applications or still gathering documents

Bro calm down and fill dat ur form, I can see 16 somtin on ur LOA and u are filling 8sometin, And ur room/B is dat d amount u calculated or it was listed on ur LOE like dat, u didn't fill anytin in d available funds, don't forget to add d cic 10k to ur available funds calculations. success
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 1:22am On Apr 20, 2017
Submitted application since March 28th and linked online on April 8,since then nothing has been happening on the Profile nothing to show that it's under processing...... Will it remain like this until medical call?

I want to know if I'm on track thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by kayeyes: 2:26am On Apr 20, 2017
Osemigho:

Feel free to apply to UK if bolded is your plan. Currently, it alligns perfectly with UK's vision. They easily make such dream come true.

However, if you are slightly thinking the italized statement, just keep strategizing and praying for your Canadian dream to happen. It is currently easier in Canada than UK.

The choice is yours. All the best.
Thanks alot for your insight. But I don't know what other strategy to apply. It's 5+months already, school resumes may 5th. I dunno what to do again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 2:36am On Apr 20, 2017
CanadianNurse:
Submitted application since March 28th and linked online on April 8,since then nothing has been happening on the Profile nothing to show that it's under processing...... Will it remain like this until medical call?

I want to know if I'm on track thanks

Bro b patient u will soon get update, I'm sure u will get it soon since d processing time has been reduce 2 16weeks. success.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 2:39am On Apr 20, 2017
kayeyes:

Thanks alot for your insight. But I don't know what other strategy to apply. It's 5+months already, school resumes may 5th. I dunno what to do again.

jst b patient and pray, it GRACE and not GRADE..success it will end in praise, keep on tracking ur application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 2:40am On Apr 20, 2017
kayeyes:

You have sent email. Perhaps add more faith and prayers.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 3:39am On Apr 20, 2017
Igbouwanile:

How abt a situation whereby some persons were born when their was nothing like birth cert.

They sud have an I'D voters,national I'd, intl passport and they can as well get a birth cert from NPC.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 4:00am On Apr 20, 2017
Piethewitch:

And then i showed why i choose my course.. i am doing something related to health.. and i have been volunteering in health department. So thats was one of the reason.

Then i submitted bank statement and school receipt to show i can pay the school and i wont be a burden to there goverment

I wrote why i choose my course in my study plan..

I have showed ties to my country that i will inherite the land and come back to my country because the health department is lacking..

I guess documents depend on a particular case.. may case might be different from yours..

Maybe i am wrong. I stand to be corrected.
Not an expert.

Tho as you said it might also be a miracle.

Congrats guy. God was involved in your app. Go live your Canadian dream jawe.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by atiteb4: 5:47am On Apr 20, 2017
Samo16:
which school did u apply for?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by martineverest(m): 6:52am On Apr 20, 2017
wealth360:

@victormila. Pm me let's talk. I think I sud know you since I also finish in Uniben, Engineering same year as you.
i think i also know u too....i finished from engineering too,same yr
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by martineverest(m): 6:56am On Apr 20, 2017
victormila:
Good Evening Gurus in the house @austinpee4, osemigho, michv(trv doctor), Eraytee, oga justwise, pent, folaroyal,wealth360, yemdogg et all.
God bless you guys for the great job done on this platform.
I was introduced to this thread by a friend who used information gotten here to successfully secure a TRV.
I was refused in my 1st application in December 2017 for these reasons;
1) Have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.
2) Purpose of visit.
3) Personal assets and financial status.
My Details and Submitted Documents;
Proposed course of study; MEng University of Ottawa (Electrical and Computer Engineering) Winter Term 2017
Undergraduate Course; BEng University of Benin 2.1(Electrical/Electronic Engineering) 2012
Sponsor (Mum)SOA; 9.5m Naira.
Personal SOA; 600k Naira.
WAEC Cert, BEng Cert, NYsc Cert, Birth Cert, Employment Letter, 6 months Pay slip, Letter of Introduction from Employer.
Undergrad Transcript, CV, copy of work ID, Upfront Medical, Police Cert, Training Certificates (Automation).
Form IMM 1294, Family Info Form IMM 5707, IMM 5646, IMM 5832.
Sponsor's (mum) Employment letter, 6 months pay slip, Letter of Introduction from Employer, affidavit of support, letter of support, work ID, Int. Passport, Statement of Income, Last Promotion.
Siblings Birth Certificates.

I have gotten my GCMS notes and intend to apply again by mid May for Fall term Sept. 2017.
I plan using a co-sponsor (Elder Sister) and paying my fees for the fall term.

I need help in reviewing my SOP and also Tackling reasons for my refusal to avoid stories that touch.
Kindly assist on this.

u must be a former classmate..we finished in same yr
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Femi4life(m): 7:50am On Apr 20, 2017
chigrad:
Good day house. I submitted my application for study permit in January with upfront medicals. Application was done via online route. Lectures is meant to start on the 1st of May. I want to know if it's advisable to send a message to CIC reminding them of my school's resumption date or I should wait.
Your kind advice would be appreciated. Thanks

On the same page with you, mine is 12th May.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 8:35am On Apr 20, 2017
wealth360:

They sud have an I'D voters,national I'd, intl passport and they can as well get a birth cert from NPC.

Okay, I think that is cool
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 9:38am On Apr 20, 2017
nelly28:

Bro b patient u will soon get update, I'm sure u will get it soon since d processing time has been reduce 2 16weeks. success.
Ok bro I will wait but I just want to know if the medical is the only update that I should look out for because I thought the status of the application should include when it's being reviewed or not or if it's still on queue
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bosbebe: 9:54am On Apr 20, 2017
pls how do I go about upfront medicals. How soon before I apply can I get this done
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by galileeteo(m): 10:06am On Apr 20, 2017
I graduated from secondary school far back 2008, I then venture into business. Now I wish to study in one the colleges in canada for 2yrs to enable me live and work legally in canada. Please will it possible for me considering the gap in my education and my age 27yes? And please I can only afford 1yr fee , will I be able to work and pay for the 2nd yr ? Am also married with one kid and I wil also want my family to join me perhaps after studying for 2yrs . please I need you guys advice. I don't want to continue with business in nigeria again.

NOTE: secondary school is my highest education
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Adefolakemi: 10:11am On Apr 20, 2017
bosbebe:
pls how do I go about upfront medicals. How soon before I apply can I get this done

A day before applying for your visa isnt too late. Just call any CIC designated clinic in Lagos/ Abuja, book an appointment, pay and you are good to go for the tests.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 10:21am On Apr 20, 2017
Adefolakemi:

A day before applying for your visa isnt too late. Just call any CIC designated clinic in Lagos/ Abuja, book an appointment, pay and you are good to go for the tests.
when the medical request mail comes do you still need to book an appointment or you just go to the clinic?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Adefolakemi: 10:32am On Apr 20, 2017
CanadianNurse:
when the medical request mail comes do you still need to book an appointment or you just go to the clinic?

I think any of that will work. Not sure though

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.